PDA

View Full Version : Your projected division rankings for the Southwest?

JasonJohnHorn
10-08-2014, 09:16 PM
What do you think the rankings will be by season's end?

I got the defending champs on top, followed by the Pelicans... after that I imagine it will be Houston, Memphis and Dallas... I think they may all finish over .500

Who you got and why? Any guys we should keep an eye out for this year?

Saddletramp
10-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Honestly, I think it'll be the Spurs followed by whoever has the least amount of injuries. It's honestly a coin flip on who finishes where. Best division in basketball, hands down.

Kaner
10-09-2014, 12:30 AM
Spurs
Dallas
Memphis
Houston
New Orleans

I'd say it's the best division in sports, hands down.

Htownballa1622
10-09-2014, 12:31 AM
All I know is the Pelicans are getting to be a lil overhyped.

Lakers + Giants
10-09-2014, 01:11 AM
Spurs
Mavs
Grizzlies
Rockets
Pelicans

Tough *** division, thats for sure.

Buckwheat
10-09-2014, 01:15 AM
Spurs
Rockets
Grizzlies
Mavs
Pelicans

abe_froman
10-09-2014, 01:29 AM
sa
dal
hou
mem
no

rockets-fan
10-09-2014, 04:34 AM
Spurs
Mavs
Rockets
Grizz
Pelicans

It would be awesome tho very very unlikely if all 5 teams made it to the playoffs haha

DallasTrilla23
10-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Spurs Mavs Rockets Memohis and NO. Mavs and Rockets could easily switch spots tho.

da ThRONe
10-09-2014, 12:23 PM
All I know is the Pelicans are getting to be a lil overhyped.

Only by fans. Most media types are picking us to finish last in the division and miss the playoffs. Which is probably the most likely outcome based on everything.

da ThRONe
10-09-2014, 12:25 PM
I'd go

Spurs
Rockets
Mavs
Grizzlies
Pelicans

I think the Rockets are a better team this year than last year. Like someone mentioned health will play a huge role in the rankings.

Thumper 88
10-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Spurs Mavs Rockets Memohis and NO. Mavs and Rockets could easily switch spots tho.

This

sixers247
10-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Spurs
Dallas
Memphis
Hou
NO

Htownballa1622
10-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Only by fans. Most media types are picking us to finish last in the division and miss the playoffs. Which is probably the most likely outcome based on everything.

True. Maybe it's just the hype online i'm reading. I get it that Anthony Davis is a stud but it's still the west and I still need to see some growth from their backcourt.

I just see them as being overhyped because ppl here are picking them as sleepers.

Vinny642
10-11-2014, 06:20 PM
True. Maybe it's just the hype online i'm reading. I get it that Anthony Davis is a stud but it's still the west and I still need to see some growth from their backcourt.

I just see them as being overhyped because ppl here are picking them as sleepers.

You must be clueless.. they are the true definition of a sleeper...
The team is finally healthy, and the underrated acquisition of Asik will do wonders for our defense. Plus if Davis turns himself into a top 5 player, the Pels are something to look out for.

IversonIsKrazy
10-11-2014, 07:26 PM
Spurs
Grizz
Rox
Mavs
Pelicans

AddiX
10-11-2014, 07:54 PM
I really like dallas has done this off season. Parsons was a great pickup imo.

A lot rides on Chandler, I think he will be re-energized.

Its really to bad memphis refuses to go all out to win. They hit a certain levek and basically said, eh, good enough...

Hou failed at life this kff season, will not be any better than last year.

AddiX
10-11-2014, 08:04 PM
The team is finally healthy, and the underrated acquisition of Asik will do wonders for our defense. Plus if Davis turns himself into a top 5 player, the Pels are something to look out for.

That front court is absolutely awesome.

The problem is there surrounded by a group of guys who refuse to learn the NBA game. Does anyone care less than Gordon and Evans? It's sad how much guys like that are holding the pelicans back.

They desperately need to get rid of them, and add some glue guys who can pull this thing together.

amos1er
10-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Spurs
Mavs
Grizzlies
Rockets
Pelicans

Pretty easy to call this one.

amos1er
10-11-2014, 08:10 PM

The problem is there surrounded by a group of guys who refuse to learn the NBA game. Does anyone care less than Gordon and Evans? It's sad how much guys like that are holding the pelicans back.

They desperately need to get rid of them, and add some glue guys who can pull this thing together.

I'm just counting the days until Davis becomes a Laker. Until then I'll continue follow up on his progress to make sure our prize stays on progress and keeps in tack.

Htownballa1622
10-11-2014, 08:50 PM

I don't see them making playoffs so maybe your definition is different than mine.

Their front court is nice but until I see the guard play I won't buy the hype. Sorry

Vinny642
10-12-2014, 12:31 PM

That is ignorant. Evans has been a gem with us, started slow, but towards the end of the year he got it going.

Gordon's issues are well known, I do regret us matching the offer for him, but the only positive I have seen is his demeanor has changed. I've have watched videos recently and he looks like he actually wants to play and win. He is actually smiling again.

Vinny642
10-12-2014, 12:32 PM
I don't see them making playoffs so maybe your definition is different than mine.

Their front court is nice but until I see the guard play I won't buy the hype. Sorry

LMao ok :)

JeffG20
10-13-2014, 12:01 AM

How can you be overhyped and a sleeper? a sleeper pick is someone who the vast majority don't expect to do anything. How would that be overhyped?

Its fine if you do but those terms kind of contradict each other. Cant really be both.

Htownballa1622
10-13-2014, 12:05 AM
How can you be overhyped and a sleeper? a sleeper pick is someone who the vast majority don't expect to do anything. How would that be overhyped?

Its fine if you do but those terms kind of contradict each other. Cant really be both.

They seem to be a trendy pick to be a sleeper. To me that's overhyping them because I don't see them making the playoffs to BE a sleeper pick.

Does that explain it?

I think Davis will be awesome and I like their new front court trio. I can't stand their guard play.

JeffG20
10-13-2014, 12:09 AM
Who's to say they wont, like I said that's fine. But its not like the bottom 3 of the west playoff seeds are some unbeatable teams. Tyreke played really well. I'm sorry, I just have to question people that say they don't like our guard play.

1. Not too many people can catch a pelican came to begin with save for a couple of games against their favorite teams.

2. Our team never had a chance to even play together for the most part as some combo of EG, Reke, Jrue were all injured and barely played together.

Tyreke played 72
Gordon 64 (which is really good for him)
Jrue Holiday played a whopping 34 games

a whole season of them playing together for at least 70 games would be a proper way to measure how they stack up

Vinny642
10-13-2014, 04:49 PM
They seem to be a trendy pick to be a sleeper. To me that's overhyping them because I don't see them making the playoffs to BE a sleeper pick.

Does that explain it?

I think Davis will be awesome and I like their new front court trio. I can't stand their guard play.

SMH keep being ignorant in your opinions

Htownballa1622
10-13-2014, 05:26 PM
SMH keep being ignorant in your opinions

You can shake your head all you want but you can't get upset when someone doesn't agree with you. Maybe I'm basing too much on last year but it's not out of the realm of possibility what I'm saying based off of their previous year.

Can I be wrong? Sure. But me not liking their guard play isn't "ignorant" at all. It's more y'all just being butt hurt.

Edit:And to clarify this is the order I like them in...my issues with them in parenthesis.

Gordon(health?)
Evans(outside shooting)
Jrue(inflated numbers on philly teams. Not that good.)
Rivers(can he score efficiently at this level?)
Jimmer(opportunity is my only thing with him)

todu82
10-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Spurs
Mavs
Rockets
Grizzlies
Pelicans

Going to be a great division to watch this year.

Vinny642
10-13-2014, 10:44 PM
You can shake your head all you want but you can't get upset when someone doesn't agree with you. Maybe I'm basing too much on last year but it's not out of the realm of possibility what I'm saying based off of their previous year.

Can I be wrong? Sure. But me not liking their guard play isn't "ignorant" at all. It's more y'all just being butt hurt.

Edit:And to clarify this is the order I like them in...my issues with them in parenthesis.

Gordon(health?)
Evans(outside shooting)
Jrue(inflated numbers on philly teams. Not that good.)
Rivers(can he score efficiently at this level?)
Jimmer(opportunity is my only thing with him)

Gordon played 64 games last season, and looks even better and more of a team player this season.
Jrues numbers last season before he got hurt-14 points, 8 assists, 4 rebounds, 1.6 steals, not bad at all, especially from an offensively stacked team.
Tyreke... why the hell does he need outside shooting, when everyone else on the team can shoot?

Austin improved in every statistical category , and I foresee the same thing, he also looks improved

Jimmer is a big unknown, medium reward for low risk.

Htownballa1622
10-13-2014, 11:27 PM
Gordon played 64 games last season, and looks even better and more of a team player this season.
Jrues numbers last season before he got hurt-14 points, 8 assists, 4 rebounds, 1.6 steals, not bad at all, especially from an offensively stacked team.
Tyreke... why the hell does he need outside shooting, when everyone else on the team can shoot?

Austin improved in every statistical category , and I foresee the same thing, he also looks improved

Jimmer is a big unknown, medium reward for low risk.

I get that there's potential there.

Gordon i said I like.

Tyreke MUST learn how to shoot. Just because his teammates can doesn't mean he shouldn't.

Jrue to me is w/e.

Rivers and Jimmer need work but hopefully they can get better.

I'm just saying why I don't like the guard/wing play.

Sadds The Gr8
10-14-2014, 12:57 AM
Spurs
Memphis
Dallas
Houston
Pelicans

I think all 5 can make playoffs

Goose17
10-14-2014, 02:29 AM
Spurs.

The other teams in that division.