PDA

View Full Version : PSD's Official Pre-Season Game Thread

Bruno
10-08-2014, 08:25 PM
Like regular season game threads, but for the pre-season.

Bruno
10-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Thoughts on Kelly Olynyks pre-season thus far?

and what is Kidd doing starting Dudley over Giannis??

mightybosstone
10-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Why Olynyk? Did he do something amazing or something? From what I say from the box score from the first game, he just had an okay game.

Motivation maybe? Or maybe they're just tinkering with the lineups. It's still so early on, I would imagine a team like Milwaukee probably isn't close to locking in its starters and finalizing its rotation yet.

mightybosstone
10-08-2014, 08:40 PM
I only watched one preseason game: Houston @ Dallas. Two things stood out to me from that game:
1. Holy crap that was a lot of fouls. The two teams took more than 60 free throws in the first half and combined for more than 80 fouls. The referees pretty much called players out for breathing too heavily or for sneezing. It was ridiculous even for preseason standards.
2. The Rockets bench looked really damn good despite all the crap I've seen them get for their lack of depth all offseason long. Papanikalou looked really good in his first NBA game despite missing his first few shot attempts and Motiejunas looks like he might just challenge Terrence Jones for the starting PF gig. He made Charlie Villanueva his *****. Jeff Adrien and Ish Smith also really impressed.

Bruno
10-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Why Olynyk?
why not kelly? or any other sophomore who appears to have made big strides. this is the pre-season so I figure it's a good time to talk about the young guys.

Did he do something amazing or something? From what I say from the box score from the first game, he just had an okay game.
I caught the game. he played quite well, 14 and 9 with two made 3's in 28 minutes. thats not bad for a stretch four who was buried on the bench as a rookie. he started off todays game with back to back threes as well.

Motivation maybe? Or maybe they're just tinkering with the lineups. It's still so early on, I would imagine a team like Milwaukee probably isn't close to locking in its starters and finalizing its rotation yet.
experimenting with line ups is fine. but dudley? nobody was expecting that. i hope you're right and that he's just motivating Giannis and maybe Mayo. Dudley can spread the floor but so can Middleton. the teams developing id hope dudley doesn't start for them.

Bruno
10-08-2014, 08:45 PM
I only watched one preseason game: Houston @ Dallas. Two things stood out to me from that game:
1. Holy crap that was a lot of fouls. The two teams took more than 60 free throws in the first half and combined for more than 80 fouls. The referees pretty much called players out for breathing too heavily or for sneezing. It was ridiculous even for preseason standards.
2. The Rockets bench looked really damn good despite all the crap I've seen them get for their lack of depth all offseason long. Papanikalou looked really good in his first NBA game despite missing his first few shot attempts and Motiejunas looks like he might just challenge Terrence Jones for the starting PF gig. He made Charlie Villanueva his *****. Jeff Adrien and Ish Smith also really impressed.

what was it like watching Parsons in a mavs uni?

any youthful standouts from the game who a lot of us might not know about? i didn't catch dallas houston.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-09-2014, 09:08 AM

Its only preseason. Kidd said he been having different line ups for each preseason game. Also said only 12 man rotation. So Mayo had to sit first game but will be playing tonight versus Pistons. Ersan was still out with the flu.

Milwaukee Bucks ✔ @Bucks
Follow
Tonight's leaders: Middleton 17p/2s, Jabari 14p/8r, Henson 12p/7r/2b, Knight 11p/6a, Sanders 10p/15r & Giannis 8p/5r/5a. #OwnTheFuture

9:32 PM - 8 Oct 2014

xbrackattackx
10-09-2014, 02:10 PM
I think that the Lakers,Pelicans and bucks have all been fun to watch. I wish I could have watched the Mavs/Rox game. I think this draft is gonna end up being a strong one. A lot of rooks looking good I. Summer and Pre season.

Bruno
10-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Its only preseason. Kidd said he been having different line ups for each preseason game. Also said only 12 man rotation. So Mayo had to sit first game but will be playing tonight versus Pistons. Ersan was still out with the flu.i saw Giannis get the start tonight. if you had to make the call who would you start on opening night?

I think that the Lakers,Pelicans and bucks have all been fun to watch. I wish I could have watched the Mavs/Rox game. I think this draft is gonna end up being a strong one. A lot of rooks looking good I. Summer and Pre season.

i agree. Pope looks great in detroit. 18 last game and 20 tonight. I think the hole in the SG talent pool is on its way out with his emergence, Oladipo and the possibility of wiggins becoming a star. Ennis looks great in miami too. burks is an interesting scoring wing in Utah too.

mightybosstone
10-09-2014, 11:08 PM
what was it like watching Parsons in a mavs uni?
Like getting a paper cut in between your fingernails and then having lemon juice squeezed into it. It sucked. But I will say that watching Ariza this preseason has helped dull that pain a lot.

any youthful standouts from the game who a lot of us might not know about? i didn't catch dallas houston.
Papanikolau has looked really good through two games. And obviously they're not rookies, but Motiejunas and Jeff Adrien both have looked great so far. One guy to pay attention to, though, is Tarik Black. He's committed some dumb fouls through two games, but he's been super physical on both ends of the floor and was a beast on the glass. He was an undrafted rookie, but the guy was buried on the Kansas depth chart behind Embiied last year in Kansas. I wouldn't be shocked if Black ended up making the roster this year. He'll definitely be on the D-League team.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-10-2014, 12:02 AM
The Warriors suck.

kobe4thewinbang
10-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Have I just never watched the preseason games, or do stars not usually play this much? E.g. Curry, Kobe, etc, etc?

latinofire21
10-13-2014, 03:00 PM
Im looking forward to the Raptors Knicks game. This board should be fired up for that one.

ChI_ShIzzLe
10-13-2014, 09:12 PM
Bulls just erased a 21 pt 2nd quarter deficit in like 6 mins

MonroeFAN
10-15-2014, 11:26 AM
It's awesome watching this team (Pistons) look half way competent under a real coach.

MonroeFAN
10-15-2014, 11:30 AM
PS: Stephenson (and Charlotte as a whole) look pretty crappy.

ChI_ShIzzLe
10-16-2014, 10:37 PM
Jimmy Butler in midseason form. 20 4th quarter points including the buzzer beating 3 with the Bulls down by 2 to win it.

IBleedPurple
10-17-2014, 05:14 PM
Lol at the Suns owner Sarver apologizing about a preseason game and offering a gift.

Dade County
10-19-2014, 05:59 PM
Warriors & Rockets fans...?

Are both teams playing there starters tonight?

Bruno
10-19-2014, 06:04 PM
Like getting a paper cut in between your fingernails and then having lemon juice squeezed into it. It sucked. But I will say that watching Ariza this preseason has helped dull that pain a lot.

Papanikolau has looked really good through two games. And obviously they're not rookies, but Motiejunas and Jeff Adrien both have looked great so far. One guy to pay attention to, though, is Tarik Black. He's committed some dumb fouls through two games, but he's been super physical on both ends of the floor and was a beast on the glass. He was an undrafted rookie, but the guy was buried on the Kansas depth chart behind Embiied last year in Kansas. I wouldn't be shocked if Black ended up making the roster this year. He'll definitely be on the D-League team.
what are your thoughts on clint cap?

Bruno
10-19-2014, 06:05 PM
Sullinger has been a monster in pre-season. smart looks good.

Vinny642
10-20-2014, 07:52 PM
My Pels gonna be a problem

Arch Stanton
10-20-2014, 08:06 PM
Rose looks really good tonight. He looks like he's back to form.

ChI_ShIzzLe
10-20-2014, 08:33 PM
Rose giving Cleveland the D

Mr. Baller
10-20-2014, 09:39 PM
My Pels gonna be a problem

Yeah the 11th seed is a real problem...

Ezio
10-20-2014, 09:43 PM
http://www.gfycat.com/YawningIckyBarebirdbat

I hope he stays healthy for the year

Vinny642
10-21-2014, 10:44 PM

Aha sure man, sure.

Htownballa1622
10-22-2014, 01:03 AM

I lol'ed

P&GRealist
10-22-2014, 02:44 AM
Kobe had 27 points on 10-20 shooting

RollingWave
10-22-2014, 04:39 AM
In other news, most posters on PSD has better feel for the game than Wes Johnson, still.

SportsFanatic10
10-22-2014, 04:26 PM
wade put in work last night, he looks to be in good form heading into the season. i hope his knees hold up alright, he's fun to watch play when he gets the touches he used to have before lebron. rose/kobe/wade all look pretty good right now which is great to see since they're the 3 big question marks going into the season imo. the nba is better off when they're all on their game.

Vinny642
10-23-2014, 08:40 PM
Another beastily performance and its only the first Q

koreancabbage
10-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Melo on fire! 12 of the 15 Knicks points

Dade County
10-24-2014, 09:24 PM
Miami & Grizz, tough 1st half.

prash
10-28-2014, 12:02 AM
I got an offer for Wiggins in my fantasy league. Dude is offering me KD for him straight up before the season begins. Opinions?