PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen to join Lebron in Cleveland (Unconfirmed?)

Corey
10-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Earlier reports of Ray Allen signing with Cavaliers are true. Done deal. #NBA
https://twitter.com/GlennMooreCLE/status/519515745848279040

Corey
10-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Irving - Dellavedova?
Waiters - Allen
Lebron - Miller
Love - Marion
Varejao - Thompson - Haywood

Not too shabby. They need a legit backup point guard probably, but whatever. They're talented enough, and other players on the roster can do a lot of ball handling besides Irving.

mightybosstone
10-07-2014, 12:17 PM
lol.... For some reason I thought Allen had signed with Cleveland a long time ago. With Miller and Jones joining Lebron, I guess my brain just lumped Allen in with that group. Regardless, this is a big signing for Cleveland, especially if Waiters struggles at all this season. This squad is going to put up some ridiculous numbers from the 3-point line.

benzni
10-07-2014, 12:20 PM
Thats cute Ray Ray.

goingfor28
10-07-2014, 12:28 PM
Damn

KnicksorBust
10-07-2014, 12:30 PM
:laugh: I think it's lame. I'm sorry. I don't blame him. It's his best chance at a ring. But now it just seems like he's following LeBron. I would have rather seen him go to OKC. That would have been great to watch. I will be curious to see how many minutes he gets this year.

Goose17
10-07-2014, 12:32 PM
Fair play to him. He wants that ring.

mightybosstone
10-07-2014, 12:50 PM
:laugh: I think it's lame. I'm sorry. I don't blame him. It's his best chance at a ring. But now it just seems like he's following LeBron. I would have rather seen him go to OKC. That would have been great to watch. I will be curious to see how many minutes he gets this year.

I think there's way too much hypocrisy when it comes to players signing with teams. If a player signs with a team that isn't very good and makes a ton of money, then he's selfish and doesn't care about his legacy, so we should criticize him. If a player takes less money to sign with a great roster, then he's a ring chaser and he deserves criticism. No matter what Allen did, it would have been a lose/lose situation.

I admire the guy for taking this last chance to add a cherry on top of his legacy by winning one more ring. And I don't see why going to OKC would have been any better. You could argue that OKC is every bit as talented as Cleveland, and unlike with the Cavs, Allen would be coming into a situation with a roster of players he's never been around before. The guy likes playing with Lebron, and he's clearly not the only one, because Miller and Jones jumped ship to play with him, too. For that matter, so did Love and Marion. So I fail to see why Allen deserves any more criticism than those guys.

Jamiecballer
10-07-2014, 01:08 PM
this is the part of basketball that i could do without. i don't blame superstar players for exercising their right to move to other teams. but i find the vets that follow them around like lemmings incredibly tiresome.

Hawkeye15
10-07-2014, 01:12 PM
this is the part of basketball that i could do without. i don't blame superstar players for exercising their right to move to other teams. but i find the vets that follow them around like lemmings incredibly tiresome.

agreed

DanRumors
10-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Just another example of the rich getting richer. Last I heard, Allen was doing the paleo diet and will still have his stroke.

Goose17
10-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Rumours now that this news is false?

Sadds The Gr8
10-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Shocker

BoSox47
10-07-2014, 02:26 PM
He should have went to the spurs or OKC, but Cavs were next best choice and what he was familiar with.

RowBTrice
10-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Ray Ray is a *****

Arch Stanton
10-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Ray Allen is going to wait until the playoffs to sign with a team.

Chronz
10-07-2014, 02:52 PM

Reminds me of GP following Shaq where ever he went.

krazylegz
10-07-2014, 04:26 PM
be cool if he returned to milwaukee

Minimal
10-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Lets be real here. It was either Cavs or retirement, so lets be happy we will see Ray for another season.

Bruno
10-07-2014, 04:35 PM
ring chaser.

at least we have a few 90's GOATS left who are going down with the ship.

Captain Moroni
10-07-2014, 04:42 PM
I think there's way too much hypocrisy when it comes to players signing with teams. If a player signs with a team that isn't very good and makes a ton of money, then he's selfish and doesn't care about his legacy, so we should criticize him. If a player takes less money to sign with a great roster, then he's a ring chaser and he deserves criticism. No matter what Allen did, it would have been a lose/lose situation.

I admire the guy for taking this last chance to add a cherry on top of his legacy by winning one more ring. And I don't see why going to OKC would have been any better. You could argue that OKC is every bit as talented as Cleveland, and unlike with the Cavs, Allen would be coming into a situation with a roster of players he's never been around before. The guy likes playing with Lebron, and he's clearly not the only one, because Miller and Jones jumped ship to play with him, too. For that matter, so did Love and Marion. So I fail to see why Allen deserves any more criticism than those guys.

Great point. When Melo signed with NY all we read was "Its about the $$" and "Knicks suck" these same people are after Ray Allen chasing another ring.

KnickNyKnick
10-07-2014, 04:48 PM
now i aint saying shes a gold digger..

beasted86
10-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Ray Allen is going to wait until the playoffs to sign with a team.

I was one of the first to call this on PSD. I've already said I see him pulling a "PJ Brown/Sam Cassell" and signing in February or later.

Best of all worlds for him:
1) He can wait and see who is playing like the favorite
2) He will be away from his family a lesser amount of time by waiting
3) He won't have to commit to a team with no role for him because of later trades/signings

It may be the Cavs or Spurs or somebody else completely, but he won't be signing this early.

numba1CHANGsta
10-07-2014, 05:03 PM
looks like LeBron got another bed buddy to return, it's going to be crowded in that bed with Mike Miller already there LOL

PurpleLynch
10-07-2014, 05:12 PM
I'm looking forward to their 3pt % this upcoming season.

prodigy
10-07-2014, 05:14 PM
Irving - Dellavedova?
Waiters - Allen
Lebron - Miller
Love - Marion
Varejao - Thompson - Haywood

Not too shabby. They need a legit backup point guard probably, but whatever. They're talented enough, and other players on the roster can do a lot of ball handling besides Irving.

Waiters will play pg to when Irving needs a break. Also u have lebron. But don't sleep on Della, he's a real good defender and passer. And can get hot on offense though he needs to be more consistent there. But cavs will be fine trading some offense for defense.

JordansBulls
10-07-2014, 05:17 PM
He did this because he knows what guys like Jimmy Butler and Luol Deng going to be doing to Lebron in the game and this would be Ray's opportunity to save the day for them.

FlashBolt
10-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Allen is not a "ring" chaser. Okay, well, he is but who at that age isn't? Dirk would be ring chasing if he still wasn't an elite player. PP/KG were ring chasing. Tim Duncan would probably be ring chasing if it wasn't for Spurs being so dominant. Only Kobe isn't ring chasing but he has an excuse; an absurd amount of money. Ray Allen did what he felt was best for his career. He enjoys playing with LeBron and it was evident (pictures of James Jones+LeBron+Allen hanging out in the Bahamas), that these three were very close to each other. And I'm going to go out and say that if LeBron had chose Bobcats or any other team, there is no doubt Allen/Miller/James Jones would have followed him. It's not that they are ring chasers (partially), but because they just are in-sync with one another. LeBron helps their game and they fit into LeBron's system. This is amazing news for Cleveland. They have the veterans in the locker room, the young ones, and of course, the best player in the game.

prodigy
10-07-2014, 05:48 PM
He did this because he knows what guys like Jimmy Butler and Luol Deng going to be doing to Lebron in the game and this would be Ray's opportunity to save the day for them.

Lmao u a funny man

mightybosstone
10-07-2014, 06:14 PM

agreed

Okay... But then what should he have done? Should he have played for a mediocre team just so that fans won't call him a ring chaser? Should he have just retired even if he feels like he can still make good money playing the game he loves for another year? I just don't understand why Allen going to Cleveland deserves criticism.

Hell, I can relate to Allen. It wasn't that long ago that I left my job to join a former co-worker at a new job because I thought the new company was a better employer and I enjoyed working with that co-worker. Do I deserve criticism for doing that?

*Silver&Black*
10-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Waited to make it seem not so obvious Ray?

SPURSFAN1
10-07-2014, 07:01 PM
Allen is not a "ring" chaser. Okay, well, he is but who at that age isn't? Dirk would be ring chasing if he still wasn't an elite player. PP/KG were ring chasing. Tim Duncan would probably be ring chasing if it wasn't for Spurs being so dominant. Only Kobe isn't ring chasing but he has an excuse; an absurd amount of money. Ray Allen did what he felt was best for his career. He enjoys playing with LeBron and it was evident (pictures of James Jones+LeBron+Allen hanging out in the Bahamas), that these three were very close to each other. And I'm going to go out and say that if LeBron had chose Bobcats or any other team, there is no doubt Allen/Miller/James Jones would have followed him. It's not that they are ring chasers (partially), but because they just are in-sync with one another. LeBron helps their game and they fit into LeBron's system. This is amazing news for Cleveland. They have the veterans in the locker room, the young ones, and of course, the best player in the game.

Let me repeat that. Tim Duncan would probably be ring chasing if it wasn't for Spurs being so dominant.

Minimal
10-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Lol, I swear to you like 2 hours ago Ray Allen wiki page said "Walter Ray Allen, Jr. (born July 20, 1975) is an American professional basketball player for the Cleveland Cavaliers of the National Basketball Association (NBA)."

Now it says "Walter Ray Allen, Jr. (born July 20, 1975) is an American professional basketball player who is currently a free agent."

FlashBolt
10-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Let me repeat that. Tim Duncan would probably be ring chasing if it wasn't for Spurs being so dominant.

You don't make any sense.. Spurs are a collective group of guys with great management and arguably the greatest coach in NBA history.. Let's not get it twisted.

SeoulBeatz
10-07-2014, 09:28 PM
if i were him i would have done the exact same thing. you only have a finite amount of years in this league, might as well join the best team in the east with players you have exprerience with.

how are people hating on this decision?

kdspurman
10-07-2014, 09:37 PM
You don't make any sense.. Spurs are a collective group of guys with great management and arguably the greatest coach in NBA history.. Let's not get it twisted.

I mean sure, it's possible, but he did have a chance to leave San Antonio and go play with Hill & McGrady in Orlando. He had a chance to play with them, or an aging David Robinson on his way out and a bunch of other guys he carried much of those years.

There are some guys who are just committed no matter what, and Duncan & Pop had such a strong bond already. He was dominant, but the Spurs team wasn't quite dominant at that point, so I don't think he would have left to ring chase if they weren't dominant.

IversonIsKrazy
10-07-2014, 09:37 PM
Nothing official. Apparently he hasn't even decided if he's going to play or not

jmartin80
10-07-2014, 10:14 PM
If Cleveland doesn't win very soon, the NBA is going to get very creative with getting Lebron more players to play with. Maybe they can swing an Anthony Davis move to Cleveland too.

This officially completes the Cleveland Heat 2.0 and furthers the Cavs fans as the biggest hypocrites in all of sports.

Hooray?

Arch Stanton
10-07-2014, 10:24 PM
If Cleveland doesn't win very soon, the NBA is going to get very creative with getting Lebron more players to play with. Maybe they can swing an Anthony Davis move to Cleveland too.

This officially completes the Cleveland Heat 2.0 and furthers the Cavs fans as the biggest hypocrites in all of sports.

Hooray?

First off, Ray Allen hasn't signed with the Cavs or any team. Secondly, if he does sign with the Cavs it doesn't guarantee anything. He's 39, not 30.
I'm not sure why Cavs fans are hypocrites? Should we not root for our team? You seem to post the same whiny argument with every post. Maybe grab a box a tissues before you weep on your keyboard next time?

goingfor28
10-07-2014, 10:30 PM

Why? Bc they were mad the best player in the nba left, but they're happy now that he's back? I'm not a lebron fan at all, but if my team had the best player in the world I'd be mad if he left too. And then I'd be ecstatic that he returned.

InRoseWeTrust
10-07-2014, 10:51 PM
Can we all stop with the conspiracy theories re the NBA "getting LeBron players." It's absurd.

THE MTL
10-07-2014, 11:05 PM

I mean sure, it's possible, but he did have a chance to leave San Antonio and go play with Hill & McGrady in Orlando. He had a chance to play with them, or an aging David Robinson on his way out and a bunch of other guys he carried much of those years.

There are some guys who are just committed no matter what, and Duncan & Pop had such a strong bond already. He was dominant, but the Spurs team wasn't quite dominant at that point, so I don't think he would have left to ring chase if they weren't dominant.

What are you talking about Spurs had already won a title in 1999 and were a perennial 50 win team on their way to a second title four years later. I'm not doubting Duncan's loyal but winning championships along the way sure helps the argument.

THE MTL
10-07-2014, 11:08 PM

Hooray?

I agree the Cavs as an organization are the biggest hypocrites ever but the very system Dan Gilbert fought so hard to create with the lockout will ruin his pockets when Lebron gets super max, Irving already got max, and Love gets his max

akagiredsuns
10-07-2014, 11:21 PM
Mod please close this nonsense thread ray allen has not signed with Cleveland there's nothing official Fox Sports already denied the Twitter saying allen signed it's not true when something is official please Link from a credible source

SoggyTofuz
10-07-2014, 11:26 PM
For some reason I feel like Ray Allen wont be as effective this season compared to his previous years with Miami.

prodigy
10-07-2014, 11:36 PM
Can we all stop with the conspiracy theories re the NBA "getting LeBron players." It's absurd.

Agreed. I mean the NBA should've got him players the first time with cavs lol-

prodigy
10-07-2014, 11:38 PM

Hooray?

I agree the Cavs as an organization are the biggest hypocrites ever but the very system Dan Gilbert fought so hard to create with the lockout will ruin his pockets when Lebron gets super max, Irving already got max, and Love gets his max

Ummm, Dan Gilberts rich lol. He can play them all triple and still won't dent his account.

Zefflin
10-08-2014, 01:20 AM
so this is false...close thread?

kdspurman
10-08-2014, 07:48 AM
What are you talking about Spurs had already won a title in 1999 and were a perennial 50 win team on their way to a second title four years later. I'm not doubting Duncan's loyal but winning championships along the way sure helps the argument.

Yea they had just won, but it's not like he had super star or even all star level talent around him. That was my point. He was a dominant force, not the team he played with.

Tony_Starks
10-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Jesus Shuttlesworth is still a FA. Bron will have to settle for 2 allstars and two 3 point champs.

JordansBulls
10-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Lmao u a funny man

What do you mean?

Goose17
10-08-2014, 12:32 PM

I agree with this and have been saying it for years.

It appears as if the only move any player can make without being criticised is to take less money and stay with their team, allowing the team to bring in better role players. But when that happens they get criticised by other players for taking less than their worth and messing with the market value etc etc

Out of curiosity, if he joined San Antonio or OKC, would you be okay with that? Is it just the fact he would be following Lebron that annoys you or the whole "veterans joining contenders" thing?

KnicksorBust
10-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Reminds me of GP following Shaq where ever he went.

Great example. I could see it working the same way for Allen. Mostly irrelevant during the regular season but hits a big shot in the playoffs to help the Cavs in a tight series... most likely against the Knicks in a #1 vs. #2 seed ECF...

KnicksorBust
10-08-2014, 12:53 PM
I agree with this and have been saying it for years.

It appears as if the only move any player can make without being criticised is to take less money and stay with their team, allowing the team to bring in better role players. But when that happens they get criticised by other players for taking less than their worth and messing with the market value etc etc

Out of curiosity, if he joined San Antonio or OKC, would you be okay with that? Is it just the fact he would be following Lebron that annoys you or the whole "veterans joining contenders" thing?

I think fans in general just want there to be more people like Duncan who stay with their teams no matter what. The only problem is that you are more likely to find the next KG someone who realizes he has to leave near the end of his peak to have a chance to win a ring than a Paul Pierce, someone who got to stick around long enough to see the franchise turn it around...

And yes I recognize the multiple levels of irony of me using Paul Pierce as the model for "stay true to the team." :)

jmartin80
10-08-2014, 01:20 PM
First off, Ray Allen hasn't signed with the Cavs or any team. Secondly, if he does sign with the Cavs it doesn't guarantee anything. He's 39, not 30.
I'm not sure why Cavs fans are hypocrites? Should we not root for our team? You seem to post the same whiny argument with every post. Maybe grab a box a tissues before you weep on your keyboard next time?

The Cavs fans are hypocrites because they hated what Lebron did in 2010. What Cleveland has done in 2014 is almost a carbon copy cut out of everything Cleveland fans AND the owner / organization hated. Now... They are all bumping chests about having the best team by doing the exact thing they were against. I can understand as a fan wanting to win, but at some point when Cleveland does win the title, will it really be that exciting? I do post the same whiny argument with every post about this subject similar to how people post the same praising of Lebron and Cleveland for building their roster. Lebron 100% ruined basketball in the Eastern conference for the last 4 years. Made it un-fun to watch so to speak. Now he is doing it again. And the same people who hated the Heat love the Cavs now. Honestly, it is almost an identical team, just younger.

If that is the definition of hypocrite, I don't know what is.

Why? Bc they were mad the best player in the nba left, but they're happy now that he's back? I'm not a lebron fan at all, but if my team had the best player in the world I'd be mad if he left too. And then I'd be ecstatic that he returned.

It is more than that. If you hated it when he left and hated the Super team he created, and you now love the same exact concept because it is in a different city, that makes you a hypocrite.

Do you truly believe that Lebron left his home team to a super team for 4 years (they get 3 out of the 4 #1 picks in that time frame) and then left to the next super team conveniently in his home town and there were no behind the scenes discussions / manipulations that occurre? If so, I have some ocean side real estate to sell you. Just send me the money first via paypal.

Lebron means more to the NBA then the big market teams and means more to them now then he did when he was first with the Cavs. Saving his legacy is way more important to the NBA then anything else.

Unfortunately, only if you are a Lebron fan or a Cleveland fan will this be exciting.

Thank God Hockey is starting.

prodigy
10-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Lmao u a funny man

What do you mean?

The way u talk about butler and Deng as if they gonna shut lebron down in a 7 game series. Common now. Hoping I just misread that.

Arch Stanton
10-08-2014, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=jmartin80;29119821]The Cavs fans are hypocrites because they hated what Lebron did in 2010. What Cleveland has done in 2014 is almost a carbon copy cut out of everything Cleveland fans AND the owner / organization hated.

I don't recall LeBron hosting a special titled "The Decision 2.0" in 2014. Do you?

Now... They are all bumping chests about having the best team by doing the exact thing they were against.

Fans of every team do this. I'm sure there are some Chicago fans doing the same thing. And I don't recall any Cavs fans bumping their chest claiming to have the best team in the NBA in this forum or the Cavs forum.

I can understand as a fan wanting to win, but at some point when Cleveland does win the title, will it really be that exciting?

YES.

I do post the same whiny argument with every post about this subject similar to how people post the same praising of Lebron and Cleveland for building their roster.

I don't think people are praising the Cavs for building their roster. They got lucky landing LeBron and the rest is a result of it.

Lebron 100% ruined basketball in the Eastern conference for the last 4 years. Made it un-fun to watch so to speak. Now he is doing it again. And the same people who hated the Heat love the Cavs now. Honestly, it is almost an identical team, just younger.

It sucked for my team. But the playoffs were really exciting. So I'd have to disagree with you there.

Again, two different situations. Cavs fans were upset with the way LeBron left Cleveland. He didn't host a special for Miami fans, ripping their hearts out on national tv w/ that idiot Jim Grey. Miami still has a playoff team so I don't think the situations are that much alike. This is just sour grapes and you apparently need more tissues.

prodigy
10-08-2014, 02:01 PM

The Cavs fans are hypocrites because they hated what Lebron did in 2010. What Cleveland has done in 2014 is almost a carbon copy cut out of everything Cleveland fans AND the owner / organization hated. Now... They are all bumping chests about having the best team by doing the exact thing they were against. I can understand as a fan wanting to win, but at some point when Cleveland does win the title, will it really be that exciting? I do post the same whiny argument with every post about this subject similar to how people post the same praising of Lebron and Cleveland for building their roster. Lebron 100% ruined basketball in the Eastern conference for the last 4 years. Made it un-fun to watch so to speak. Now he is doing it again. And the same people who hated the Heat love the Cavs now. Honestly, it is almost an identical team, just younger.

It is more than that. If you hated it when he left and hated the Super team he created, and you now love the same exact concept because it is in a different city, that makes you a hypocrite.

Do you truly believe that Lebron left his home team to a super team for 4 years (they get 3 out of the 4 #1 picks in that time frame) and then left to the next super team conveniently in his home town and there were no behind the scenes discussions / manipulations that occurre? If so, I have some ocean side real estate to sell you. Just send me the money first via paypal.

Lebron means more to the NBA then the big market teams and means more to them now then he did when he was first with the Cavs. Saving his legacy is way more important to the NBA then anything else.

Unfortunately, only if you are a Lebron fan or a Cleveland fan will this be exciting.

Thank God Hockey is starting.

I don't think you understand. Can u tell me last time a Cleveland team won a title? I'll wait........ Cavs have zero, browns last ship was 1964 but zero super bowls. Indians 1948. We just wanna win man.

Yes we were mad when lebron left. The way he did it on national TV, keeping cavs in limbo while all other free agents were getting signed etc... it was bad. We hated him with a passion. But should we hold a grudge? Should we stay bitter forever? If u want to that's fine, lifes much to short to live that way. Lebron apologized many times. He's always gave back to Akron and Ohio. Then of course he came back this off season.

As far as super teams go I think most people are not huge fans of them. But they have been going on for many years. Lebron and Irving both are cavs drafted players. Only guy not is love. So its not like what the heat did.

Super.
10-08-2014, 02:06 PM
Following Bron like a puppy :laugh2:

LA_Raiders
10-08-2014, 02:16 PM
He is a free loader, he has been in so many teams that I don't see him in one uniform. He was a Celtic but he left, to free load in Miami.

Big Zo
10-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Is this even official?

WSU Tony
10-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Now we'll see if this is a legit money offer for Ray or if he's taking a cheap contract and making a complete machary of a "caped" league.

The league shouldn't allow players to sign for less than 80% of what an arbitrator would find their fair money value to be. Not in a capped league at least. If this were MLB with very light restrictions on the payroll then by all means sign for less than your value.

I lose interest in the NBA every time I see some BS move like this. AK oped out of the Wolves contract for 11M to sign for 4M with the Nets. How do small market teams compete if they're handed a crap shoot prospect every year and then are required to pay 3X market value for any free agent?

TrueFan420
10-08-2014, 03:22 PM
So is it official or not?

Corey
10-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Im not sure. There were multiple sources, but then the agent said no, but then other sources came out and said yes, sooooo?

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-08-2014, 03:55 PM
I can't wait for Lebron to get exposed again. It hilarious to see Lebron lead teams fail most of the time with vegas favorite teams.

prodigy
10-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Ya lebron sucks...

JordansBulls
10-08-2014, 05:39 PM
The way u talk about butler and Deng as if they gonna shut lebron down in a 7 game series. Common now. Hoping I just misread that.

They will shut him down though.

Tony_Starks
10-08-2014, 06:20 PM
I can't wait for Lebron to get exposed again. It hilarious to see Lebron lead teams fail most of the time with vegas favorite teams.

You know when he fails his defenders will be in full force. It's going to be like a bunch of Johnny Cochrans running around here....

ohreally
10-08-2014, 06:35 PM
You know when he fails his defenders will be in full force. It's going to be like a bunch of Johnny Cochrans running around here....

Are you quoting Sterling or Ferry?

prodigy
10-08-2014, 11:14 PM

They will shut him down though.

No

5ass
10-09-2014, 02:25 AM
ring chaser.

at least we have a few 90's GOATS left who are going down with the ship.

Lmao I hope you're not talking about Kobe. He's the main reason why that ship is sinking. Yes he's chasing the rings... at this point he's just a shooter off the bench. Not better than korver. The other option would be to chase the money i guess? We don't know what teams offered him...

Corey
10-09-2014, 01:35 PM
People rooting for him to fail...Do you realize how hard it is to win a title even if you are the favorite? C'mon.

Duncan has 4 titles in 17 years. He got to play with a SG that was among the best in his prime. Same for Tony Parker at PG over the past few years. He got to play with David Robinson, and one of the best coaches of all time.

He's one of the most respected players in the league because he's quiet and stayed with one team.

Lebron won 2 titles in 11 years, with a ton of other accolades. He's hated because he's boisterous, has changed teams and attracted top talent to join him on his teams.

Why cant you all just take a step back and appreciate that you're watching one of the best players that will ever play? Once you stop disliking players (that you've NEVER personally interacted with), it's so much more enjoyable to watch them be great.

jmartin80
10-09-2014, 07:12 PM
People rooting for him to fail...Do you realize how hard it is to win a title even if you are the favorite? C'mon.

Duncan has 4 titles in 17 years. He got to play with a SG that was among the best in his prime. Same for Tony Parker at PG over the past few years. He got to play with David Robinson, and one of the best coaches of all time.

He's one of the most respected players in the league because he's quiet and stayed with one team.

Lebron won 2 titles in 11 years, with a ton of other accolades. He's hated because he's boisterous, has changed teams and attracted top talent to join him on his teams.

Why cant you all just take a step back and appreciate that you're watching one of the best players that will ever play? Once you stop disliking players (that you've NEVER personally interacted with), it's so much more enjoyable to watch them be great.

Because, in my opinion, he is ruining basketball more then helping it. By his constant complaining and flopping on the floor he is modeling how to play the game in that way. He is also bailing on teams when things get difficult just to win easier and join other super stars. He has made the East playoffs boring for the last four years (outside of the occasional first round good matchup) and is looking to do it again. It is not fun and ruining the game for many fans.

goingfor28
10-10-2014, 02:25 AM

How do you know who anyone may or may not have interacted with?
And what does that have to do w rooting for a team or player to fail? I hope the O's get swept by KC strictly bc I'm a Yankees fan and do not want to see a division rival and Buck get a ring. I have never met any oriole. So I should just sit back and enjoy them?
**** that

prodigy
10-10-2014, 08:43 AM

Because, in my opinion, he is ruining basketball more then helping it. By his constant complaining and flopping on the floor he is modeling how to play the game in that way. He is also bailing on teams when things get difficult just to win easier and join other super stars. He has made the East playoffs boring for the last four years (outside of the occasional first round good matchup) and is looking to do it again. It is not fun and ruining the game for many fans.

Unless lebron went to your team then u would hop on that D...

Get over it man, most championship teams have a few real good players. Plus he's going back home. Not sure how he can be bashed here. Now if after a couple years he bails again' then yes u got an argument.

jmartin80
10-10-2014, 09:01 AM
Unless lebron went to your team then u would hop on that D...

Get over it man, most championship teams have a few real good players. Plus he's going back home. Not sure how he can be bashed here. Now if after a couple years he bails again' then yes u got an argument.

Incorrect. I would still bash him if he joined the Bulls.

You know who buys that coming home BS? Lebron fans, Cleveland fans and those who watch ESPN. If you truly think coming home was his intention, then you are very gullible. If he truly wanted to come home, then he wouldn't have left in the first place.

He chose Cleveland due to them being gifted 3 out of the last 4 #1 overall picks and having the cap space / young talent to build him a super star team. The only reason he is there is because of that, the Heat losing in the finals and saving his always tarnished legacy. Now he is doing this Ohio vs. everyone stuff... Yeah, okay buddy. Sure. Be sure to call around and get other superstars to come too. So Ohio and superstars from other teams vs. everyone.

What sucks is that Lebron had the talent to save the NBA and make it better. He did the opposite.

Have fun watching him flop, cry and pout all next year. I also hope you guys can get beyond the simple fact that the Championship you will eventually win has been handed to you. Granted, Cleveland does need something.

So enjoy.

ClevelandSpider
10-10-2014, 09:24 AM
Incorrect. I would still bash him if he joined the Bulls.

You know who buys that coming home BS? Lebron fans, Cleveland fans and those who watch ESPN. If you truly think coming home was his intention, then you are very gullible. If he truly wanted to come home, then he wouldn't have left in the first place.

He chose Cleveland due to them being gifted 3 out of the last 4 #1 overall picks and having the cap space / young talent to build him a super star team. The only reason he is there is because of that, the Heat losing in the finals and saving his always tarnished legacy. Now he is doing this Ohio vs. everyone stuff... Yeah, okay buddy. Sure. Be sure to call around and get other superstars to come too. So Ohio and superstars from other teams vs. everyone.

What sucks is that Lebron had the talent to save the NBA and make it better. He did the opposite.

Have fun watching him flop, cry and pout all next year. I also hope you guys can get beyond the simple fact that the Championship you will eventually win has been handed to you. Granted, Cleveland does need something.

So enjoy.

You sound salty and your little rant was pitiful, you are clearly jealous...

jmartin80
10-10-2014, 09:39 AM
You sound salty and your little rant was pitiful, you are clearly jealous...

People always point to jealousy. i have no idea why. I am just mad that this keeps happening for Lebron and it ruins the entertainment value for WAY more fans then it raises. It killed basketball in the East for 4 years. And that sucks. Cleveland fans experienced this the last 4 years too and hated every second of it. Now act like it is the best thing ever. To each their own, but I don't understand why Cleveland fans can't comprehend why others hate it.

Here is a hint... in 2010, when you hated the Heat like everyone else, this is the exact same thing that you are now. Get used to it.

jmartin80
10-10-2014, 10:07 AM
Actually, the only difference in these discussions and the ones that happened in 2010 (besides the team) is that you guys are simply replying "U Mad?". ha

Don't deny it, embrace it.

Corey
10-10-2014, 10:41 AM
Incorrect. I would still bash him if he joined the Bulls.Easy for you to say that considering he didn't.

You know who buys that coming home BS? Lebron fans, Cleveland fans and those who watch ESPN. If you truly think coming home was his intention, then you are very gullible. If he truly wanted to come home, then he wouldn't have left in the first place. Or, it MIGHT just be possible that an opinion other than your's could be correct. Maybe, JUST maybe, he wanted to go back home regardless of if Love/Star X was on the horizon.

He chose Cleveland due to them being gifted 3 out of the last 4 #1 overall picks and having the cap space / young talent to build him a super star team. Lottery conspiracy theorist. Not surprised.
The only reason he is there is because of that, the Heat losing in the finals and saving his always tarnished legacy. Now he is doing this Ohio vs. everyone stuff... Yeah, okay buddy. Sure. Be sure to call around and get other superstars to come too. So Ohio and superstars from other teams vs. everyone.
Kyrie was drafted by Cleveland. As was Waiters, Thompson, Varejao, Lebron...Oh no, they got Kevin Love to come? What a travesty! They traded a ton of young talent and future for him, why does that bother you?

Oh? He definitely didnt sit in Cleveland for seven years working his *** off with ****** teammates (for the most part) He did the opposite? Shame on a player for choosing to leave after seven years of poor front office management.

So enjoy.

He's likely the best player I'll see for his entire career. I will enjoy it. Thank you.

P.S., I'm a Celtics fan. I have no problem admiring talent when it's there. Maybe if you didn't take such a childish-grudge holding approach to watching professional sports, you'd be able to enjoy it too.

jmartin80
10-10-2014, 11:57 AM
Easy for you to say that considering he didn't.

Or, it MIGHT just be possible that an opinion other than your's could be correct. Maybe, JUST maybe, he wanted to go back home regardless of if Love/Star X was on the horizon.

Lottery conspiracy theorist. Not surprised.
Kyrie was drafted by Cleveland. As was Waiters, Thompson, Varejao, Lebron...Oh no, they got Kevin Love to come? What a travesty! They traded a ton of young talent and future for him, why does that bother you?

Oh? He definitely didnt sit in Cleveland for seven years working his *** off with ****** teammates (for the most part) He did the opposite? Shame on a player for choosing to leave after seven years of poor front office management.

He's likely the best player I'll see for his entire career. I will enjoy it. Thank you.

P.S., I'm a Celtics fan. I have no problem admiring talent when it's there. Maybe if you didn't take such a childish-grudge holding approach to watching professional sports, you'd be able to enjoy it too.

I like how now people are using the well, they drafted their whole team and only traded for one player. That argument does not work. If Lebron wouldn't have left, there is no way they would have got those 3 #1 draft picks / players you mentioned. So they added Lebron and Love just like the Heat added Bosh and Lebron. Same thing.

All I am saying is he is ruining the East and those who disliked his move in 2010 now support the same move.

You may call it childish, but I call it not buying into the hype and being spoon fed the opinion that is given to me by the NBA and the mass media. I would guess you believe that every thing your government has told you is 100% correct too.

Also, I don't find him entertaining. He has some explosive plays, but the constant flopping, crying and whining to the officials is more annoying then his highlights to me.

nickdymez
10-10-2014, 02:20 PM
Lets be real here. It was either Cavs or retirement, so lets be happy we will see Ray for another season.
You be happy. I don't give a **** about Ray Allen.

IKnowHoops
10-10-2014, 02:32 PM
People always point to jealousy. i have no idea why. I am just mad that this keeps happening for Lebron and it ruins the entertainment value for WAY more fans then it raises. It killed basketball in the East for 4 years. And that sucks. Cleveland fans experienced this the last 4 years too and hated every second of it. Now act like it is the best thing ever. To each their own, but I don't understand why Cleveland fans can't comprehend why others hate it.

Here is a hint... in 2010, when you hated the Heat like everyone else, this is the exact same thing that you are now. Get used to it.

Jordan ruined the east for 6 years...when your better than everyone else, and you have a good team, and a great coach around you, thats what happens. Although Spo sucks, Phil is great.

mRc08
10-10-2014, 03:59 PM
I think sometimes lebron gets heat, but really its not about him. If lebron didn't exist, and the second best player in the league (maybe durant don't wanna debate this here) was hoping around and making super teams, everyone would hate that player. I don't think its lebron, more so the actions.

Hawkize31
10-10-2014, 08:59 PM
I like how now people are using the well, they drafted their whole team and only traded for one player. That argument does not work. If Lebron wouldn't have left, there is no way they would have got those 3 #1 draft picks / players you mentioned. So they added Lebron and Love just like the Heat added Bosh and Lebron. Same thing.

All I am saying is he is ruining the East and those who disliked his move in 2010 now support the same move.

You may call it childish, but I call it not buying into the hype and being spoon fed the opinion that is given to me by the NBA and the mass media. I would guess you believe that every thing your government has told you is 100% correct too.

Also, I don't find him entertaining. He has some explosive plays, but the constant flopping, crying and whining to the officials is more annoying then his highlights to me.

Ruining the East? How? By signing with a team that gives him a good opportunity to win?
Whats he supposed to do, purposely sign with a bottom feeder so the other teams have a chance?

I doubt Lebron or any Cavs player, fan, or employee cares that you're upset that the Cavaliers look like they will be good. Get over it.

Hawkize31
10-10-2014, 09:13 PM
I think sometimes lebron gets heat, but really its not about him. If lebron didn't exist, and the second best player in the league (maybe durant don't wanna debate this here) was hoping around and making super teams, everyone would hate that player. I don't think its lebron, more so the actions.

Lets look at some Spurs salaries:
Parker 12.5MM
Duncan 10.3MM
Ginobli 7MM

These guys are getting way under market value so they can continue to have amazing team success.
They have been far more dominant than Lebron's teams if you go back further than 4 years.
Their bargain contract negotiations have allowed them to form and sustain an incredible team.
Noone is mad, noone criticizes the Spurs, and noone claims they have ruined the league.

When the Celtics put Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce on the same team, I know it was years ago, but I don't remember the anger and hatred because they formed a super team.
I don't hear anyone say that they ruined the 2008 season.

When Lebron signs with a good team, people say hes a sellout, a cheat, a coward, LeChoke, and apparently ruining basketball.

So I disagree that if other players attempted to form a good team that there would be as much outcry as there is when Lebron has done it.

jmartin80
10-11-2014, 12:21 PM
Ruining the East? How? By signing with a team that gives him a good opportunity to win?
Whats he supposed to do, purposely sign with a bottom feeder so the other teams have a chance?

I doubt Lebron or any Cavs player, fan, or employee cares that you're upset that the Cavaliers look like they will be good. Get over it.

Ruining the East by constantly jumping ship and joining super teams. The East playoffs have been very boring and predictable for 4 years. He is not a true competitor and always looking for a way out. I know for a fact that Lebron, Cavs players, fans and employees don't care at all about them "looking like they will be good".

But they all did 4 years ago. Bad mouthed it, bashed it and tried to prevent it from happening. Now, they are everything they hated. HYPOCRITES. The organization, the players and especially the fans.

He is not supposed to sign with bottom feeders, but I find it funny he likes to be called the King and can't even win a finals without a roster full of stars that keeps getting set up for him.

I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape by others hating what he is doing. You need to get over me hating it. The East playoffs have been very boring for 4 years (for the most part). It is taking away from the game and the competitive nature of it.

Thank God for the other sports.

The NBA has become one step away from being the WWE. ;)

Yanks All Day
10-11-2014, 12:29 PM
If Kevin Durant leaves OKC (which he very well might if they don't win), there better be just as much backlash.

Arch Stanton
10-11-2014, 12:30 PM
Ruining the East by constantly jumping ship and joining super teams. The East playoffs have been very boring and predictable for 4 years. He is not a true competitor and always looking for a way out. I know for a fact that Lebron, Cavs players, fans and employees don't care at all about them "looking like they will be good".

But they all did 4 years ago. Bad mouthed it, bashed it and tried to prevent it from happening. Now, they are everything they hated. HYPOCRITES. The organization, the players and especially the fans.

He is not supposed to sign with bottom feeders, but I find it funny he likes to be called the King and can't even win a finals without a roster full of stars that keeps getting set up for him.

I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape by others hating what he is doing. You need to get over me hating it. The East playoffs have been very boring for 4 years (for the most part). It is taking away from the game and the competitive nature of it.

Thank God for the other sports.

The NBA has become one step away from being the WWE. ;)

I don't understand your beef? Aren't you a fan of the Bulls? They are the one team in the East that could knock off the CAVS. And let's not forget the Jordan era. If you're claiming CAVS fans as hypocrites then you are certainly as well for these ridiculous statements.

This is for you :violin:

jmartin80
10-11-2014, 12:38 PM
Lets look at some Spurs salaries:
Parker 12.5MM
Duncan 10.3MM
Ginobli 7MM

These guys are getting way under market value so they can continue to have amazing team success.
They have been far more dominant than Lebron's teams if you go back further than 4 years.
Their bargain contract negotiations have allowed them to form and sustain an incredible team.
Noone is mad, noone criticizes the Spurs, and noone claims they have ruined the league.

When the Celtics put Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce on the same team, I know it was years ago, but I don't remember the anger and hatred because they formed a super team.
I don't hear anyone say that they ruined the 2008 season.

When Lebron signs with a good team, people say hes a sellout, a cheat, a coward, LeChoke, and apparently ruining basketball.

So I disagree that if other players attempted to form a good team that there would be as much outcry as there is when Lebron has done it.

There was a ton of hate. I don't know where you were located at that time, but there was a ton of hate. On top of that, they did not lead around a bunch of teams, fans, etc.

If ANY superstar did what Lebron has done in the way he did it, there would be a similar type of hate. Guaranteed. P.S. He doesn't just sign with a good team, he colludes, collaborates and gets other stars to join up with him. Because he is scared of true competition, I guess ha.

jmartin80
10-11-2014, 12:42 PM
I don't understand your beef? Aren't you a fan of the Bulls? They are the one team in the East that could knock off the CAVS. And let's not forget the Jordan era. If you're claiming CAVS fans as hypocrites then you are certainly as well for these ridiculous statements.

This is for you :violin:

Okay. If that helps you. I guess you were a fan of the Heat in 2010 too? If you weren't, then you are a hypocrite. Because Cleveland is the exact same team as the Heat. If you hated them in 2010, then congrats I guess.

My beef is it is ruining basketball for me as a fan. I have said that 1000 times.

Cavs fans are in the worst denial of what their team is. I don't understand why you guys are so defensive. Just accept it and appreciate it for what it is.

jmartin80
10-11-2014, 12:45 PM
If Kevin Durant leaves OKC (which he very well might if they don't win), there better be just as much backlash.

If he leaves OKC with 2 other top players to join one team and win 4 years in a row. Then OKC gets 3 of the #1 top overall picks during those 4 years, then he rejoins OKC and makes all these calls to form his own team, I promise you I will lead the backlash.

Or maybe Durant and Anthony Davis can join Lebron in Cleveland too.

Arch Stanton
10-11-2014, 01:11 PM
Okay. If that helps you. I guess you were a fan of the Heat in 2010 too? If you weren't, then you are a hypocrite. Because Cleveland is the exact same team as the Heat. If you hated them in 2010, then congrats I guess.

My beef is it is ruining basketball for me as a fan. I have said that 1000 times.

Cavs fans are in the worst denial of what their team is. I don't understand why you guys are so defensive. Just accept it and appreciate it for what it is.

So you're attacking a fan base and you're unsure why they are getting defensive? If you're ideas were rooted in some sort of logic then maybe you'd have a case. Unfortunately, like Bosh, you are just sour grapes. Keep your blood pressure low. You don't want to have a stroke.

jmartin80
10-11-2014, 02:52 PM
So you're attacking a fan base and you're unsure why they are getting defensive? If you're ideas were rooted in some sort of logic then maybe you'd have a case. Unfortunately, like Bosh, you are just sour grapes. Keep your blood pressure low. You don't want to have a stroke.

What ideas are not logical?

Arch Stanton
10-11-2014, 03:24 PM
What ideas are not logical?

Have you been paying attention?

a. CAVS were gifted 3 #1 picks - proof? No I think sour grapes.
b. CAVS fans are hypocrites - we are hypocrites for rooting for our team? I think you need to study the definition of what a hypocrite is.
c. CAVS fans are in denial - I assume this one ties in with being a hypocrite?

You did say that LeBron is ruining the NBA for you. And I cannot dispute this, but it doesn't mean hes ruining the NBA for other fans. In fact I'm sure it's just the opposite.

And I'll restate my case - if you feel that CAVS fans are hypocrites and LeBron is ruining the NBA then it's only fair to say the same thing about Jordon. I don't believe any of this, just putting things on your level.

jmartin80
10-11-2014, 03:58 PM
Have you been paying attention?

a. CAVS were gifted 3 #1 picks - proof? No I think sour grapes.
b. CAVS fans are hypocrites - we are hypocrites for rooting for our team? I think you need to study the definition of what a hypocrite is.
c. CAVS fans are in denial - I assume this one ties in with being a hypocrite?

You did say that LeBron is ruining the NBA for you. And I cannot dispute this, but it doesn't mean hes ruining the NBA for other fans. In fact I'm sure it's just the opposite.

And I'll restate my case - if you feel that CAVS fans are hypocrites and LeBron is ruining the NBA then it's only fair to say the same thing about Jordon. I don't believe any of this, just putting things on your level.

A) They were gifted 3 #1 picks. That is not debatable. They got 3 in 4 years.
B) A large majority of Cavs fans HATED Lebron and the Heat for what they did in 2010. Correct? Fact. The Cavs now have the same team as the Heat and built it in the same way (except they traded for their all star while the Heat signed theirs). The Cavs organization hated the Heat and what they did. Fact. So did the ownership. Now... they are the Heat. Compare the rosters.
C) Cavs fans like to act like the management built this amazing team and deny collusion. They also get very defensive when compared to the Heat. Why deny it? The Rosters are identical. Cleveland fans also deny what James is. Even though they 100% knew it 4 years ago.

I have talked to many fans who feel the same way about Lebron and his antics. He has taken way more away from basketball then added to it. Jordan did not do anything as comparable to what Lebron has done as far as team jumping and the teams were not built in the same manner. I actually think a lot of Cleveland fans called them the Miami Cheat...

So answer me this... How is Cleveland different then the Heat?

Arch Stanton
10-11-2014, 04:37 PM
]A) They were gifted 3 #1 picks. That is not debatable. They got 3 in 4 years.

They won the lottery 3 of 4 years. Again I ask you PROVE THAT THESE PICKS WERE GIFTED!!!

B) A large majority of Cavs fans HATED Lebron and the Heat for what they did in 2010. Correct? Fact. The Cavs now have the same team as the Heat and built it in the same way (except they traded for their all star while the Heat signed theirs). The Cavs organization hated the Heat and what they did. Fact. So did the ownership. Now... they are the Heat. Compare the rosters.

Yes a lot of CAVS fans (and many NBA fans btw) hated LeBron for the way he left (remember 'The Decision'?). False, the CAVS do not have the same team as the Heat. This analysis is completely inaccurate. You could say that they both had "Big 3's" like many other NBA teams have had including your precious Bulls. They are the CAVS and their rosters are completely different. Miami did not have an all-star PG, the CAVS do. The CAVS did not have a future HOF SG, Miami does. They both had LeBron. Bosh and Love are comparable in some ways but are also very different. The CAVS have better depth than Miami. So you are incorrect once again.

C) Cavs fans like to act like the management built this amazing team and deny collusion. They also get very defensive when compared to the Heat. Why deny it? The Rosters are identical. Cleveland fans also deny what James is. Even though they 100% knew it 4 years ago.

Again completely inaccurate. I cannot speak for every fan. But I think most CAVS fans will admit that they lucked into getting this team. They lucked into landing Wiggins. I'll give Gilbert some credit for working things out with LeBron, but the CAVS essentially lucked into landing LeBron in FA. Then LeBron was the reason why Love, Marion, and others joined this group. This has nothing to do with being defensive. It's just the facts jack!

I have talked to many fans who feel the same way about Lebron and his antics. He has taken way more away from basketball then added to it. Jordan did not do anything as comparable to what Lebron has done as far as team jumping and the teams were not built in the same manner. I actually think a lot of Cleveland fans called them the Miami Cheat... So answer me this... How is Cleveland different then the Heat?

Well you can hate LeBron all you want, and clearly you do. But Jordan played in a completely different era. I'm sure if he played today, your opinion might be different. Well maybe not, because you are a biased Bulls fan.

I answered why the Cavs are different from the Heat above. I will add that the Heat relied on a different style of play and were a defensive juggernaut. The CAVS will run a different system that relies more on ball movement, and will probably not be as good defensively. But that is too early to tell.

Arch Stanton
10-11-2014, 04:40 PM
^^^^ And I'll add that the Cavs will be the best rebounding team in the NBA whereby Miami was one of the worst...

jmartin80
10-11-2014, 08:28 PM
The Cavs had one star guard Irving (Wade). They brought in the best Free Agent (Lebron), and then acquired the best power forward at the time (Bosh = Love). That is the same.

Bring in Mike Miller, Shawn Marion (similar to Battier for the D), James Jones, add possibly now Ray Allen.

Same team. Just younger. Sign on more vets for a discount to get cheap rings. To each their own.

It is the almost the same team, but together in a similar, shady way. I don't care what you say, but if I was a Cavs fan, I would shake my head at that team. Still cheer for them, but never defend them. Just say yeah, we were given championships. When they happen, you will be the only ones who care. Similar to the Heat. p.s. Which you all hated.

The Cleveland Heat 2.0 will win soon. Congrats.

amos1er
10-11-2014, 08:34 PM
^^^^ And I'll add that the Cavs will be the best rebounding team in the NBA whereby Miami was one of the worst...

But hey, Lebron still got his. Can't wait until Lebron starts complaining that Kevin Love is taking all his rebounds. Book it!!!

amos1er
10-11-2014, 08:35 PM
What a ring chaser. Dude is the Jon Salley of this generation.

Arch Stanton
10-11-2014, 10:01 PM
The Cavs had one star guard Irving (Wade). They brought in the best Free Agent (Lebron), and then acquired the best power forward at the time (Bosh = Love). That is the same.

Bring in Mike Miller, Shawn Marion (similar to Battier for the D), James Jones, add possibly now Ray Allen.

Same team. Just younger. Sign on more vets for a discount to get cheap rings. To each their own.

It is the almost the same team, but together in a similar, shady way. I don't care what you say, but if I was a Cavs fan, I would shake my head at that team. Still cheer for them, but never defend them. Just say yeah, we were given championships. When they happen, you will be the only ones who care. Similar to the Heat. p.s. Which you all hated.

The Cleveland Heat 2.0 will win soon. Congrats.

You need help! I guess since we are talking basketball players, under your logic then the Bulls are Miami Heat 3.0. Your team is ruining the league. It's not fair guys. :crying:

Arch Stanton
10-11-2014, 10:03 PM
But hey, Lebron still got his. Can't wait until Lebron starts complaining that Kevin Love is taking all his rebounds. Book it!!!

Has he ever complained about not getting rebounds?

jmartin80
10-11-2014, 10:58 PM
You need help! I guess since we are talking basketball players, under your logic then the Bulls are Miami Heat 3.0. Your team is ruining the league. It's not fair guys. :crying:

So i guess we are just agreeing to disagree then?

And you say I don't make sense...

Arch Stanton
10-11-2014, 11:04 PM
So i guess we are just agreeing to disagree then?

And you say I don't make sense...

Lithium is a wonderful drug. I suggest you try it.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-11-2014, 11:25 PM

Has he ever complained about not getting rebounds?

No because he has his teammates get out of the way so he can stat pad. We haven't seen if love is going to be willing to let lebron take all his rebounds.

Arch Stanton
10-11-2014, 11:31 PM
No because he has his teammates get out of the way so he can stat pad. We haven't seen if love is going to be willing to let lebron take all his rebounds.

Or because Miami was a poor rebounding team. That won't happen in Cleveland with Love, AV, and TT.

jmartin80
10-12-2014, 11:27 AM
Lithium is a wonderful drug. I suggest you try it.

Can you respond to this part of my post?

Same team. Just younger.

How is this not Heat 2.0?

j-bay
10-12-2014, 03:41 PM
You know we talk about Ray Allen going to Cleveland and that he will probably wait. But something that will probably be back in Ray's mind is "Should I go to Washington where I could start with Beal out".

Goose17
10-12-2014, 04:29 PM
So apparently he's just going to wait until the all star break and see how teams are doing? Smart.

Arch Stanton
10-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Can you respond to this part of my post?

Same team. Just younger.

How is this not Heat 2.0?

I've already explained this...

Wade and Kyrie are completely different player. Wade plays more like a SF, especially with his size. Kyrie had a better handle and is a better shooter. Prime D. Wade far exceeds Irving at this point. But Irving is only 22.

Love is a better shooter and rebounder than Bosh. Bosh I believe (I think?) is a better defender.

It really doesn't matter if Miller, Jones, or Marion were ex-Heat players. The Cavs are a different team than Miami w/ LeBron. You can stretch to make comparisons with many different rosters amongst different time periods, but it doesn't mean m = c. Get over your hate and petty jealousy.

jmartin80
10-12-2014, 07:57 PM

Wade and Kyrie are completely different player. Wade plays more like a SF, especially with his size. Kyrie had a better handle and is a better shooter. Prime D. Wade far exceeds Irving at this point. But Irving is only 22.

Love is a better shooter and rebounder than Bosh. Bosh I believe (I think?) is a better defender.

It really doesn't matter if Miller, Jones, or Marion were ex-Heat players. The Cavs are a different team than Miami w/ LeBron. You can stretch to make comparisons with many different rosters amongst different time periods, but it doesn't mean m = c. Get over your hate and petty jealousy.

Okay bud. What a horrible defense you made.

Get over your inadequacies. The Cavs have a gifted roster with a pretty pink bow on it. Gifted to them by both the NBA and others based on wanting to save Lebron's legacy. It was formed in a similar manner as the Heat and is full of shadiness and collusion. They are very close to the same team as the Heat.

Just appreciate the Championships you have been gifted and know that every other fan base is shaking their heads. Isn't that weird? Again, same as the Heat.

DON'T DENY, JUST ACCEPT IT.

It might make your life easier. The eventual championship(s) will always be tarnished with an asterisk by it to many fans. What is worse, is each day you and other Cavs fans try to defend it, you look more and more like Heat fans back in 2010. Try not to defend, just accept it and say ok.

Cleveland Heat 2.0 is very accurate based on facts.

Arch Stanton
10-12-2014, 08:22 PM

Get over your inadequacies. The Cavs have a gifted roster with a pretty pink bow on it. Gifted to them by both the NBA and others based on wanting to save Lebron's legacy. It was formed in a similar manner as the Heat and is full of shadiness and collusion. They are very close to the same team as the Heat.

Just appreciate the Championships you have been gifted and know that every other fan base is shaking their heads. Isn't that weird? Again, same as the Heat.

It might make your life easier. The eventual championship(s) will always be tarnished with an asterisk by it to many fans. What is worse, is each day you and other Cavs fans try to defend it, you look more and more like Heat fans back in 2010. Try not to defend, just accept it and say ok.

If love for you to actually provide some facts that support your claim, which is the NBA and now apparently others have gifted this team to Cleveland/LeBron. You continue to skip over this question that I've asked you with each post.

I guess you cannot get over your petty hatred and I'm not really sure why you watch the NBA if you think it's rigged?

There are no guarantees that Cleveland will win **** this year. And if they do their wont be any asterisks, unless you want to put a half dozen next to your Bulls.

Have a good cry this season I guess. I'm sure I'll and others will see you whine about this petty nonsense all this year.

amos1er
10-13-2014, 01:52 AM

Exactly, they are all just in denial. Bosh straight comes out and admits that he was frustrated playing with Bron Bron watching his stats go in the garbage. Had Lebron been a bit more unselfish when it came to his stats and played to his First Ballot Hall of Fame teammates strengths, I have no doubt they would have done a lot better than 50% in the finals. I can't think of anyone who was an all-time great and had that much help and underachieved so greatly. Truly sad.

slashsnake
10-15-2014, 06:44 AM

When has he done this? I mean, I've seen him yell quite a few times at teammates to box out and board.. But then is he going over to their house late at night saying clear out for him and they'd better not mention this as ex-teammates because he will come back and kill them in their sleep or something? There's been a lot of ex-teammates saying they didn't like this or that, you'd think one would have mentioned this part if there was a shred of truth to it. Does he have Italian Mob type connections keeping them quiet on this aspect of his game now?

I mean he's arguably the best rebounding small forward in the league of course other guys numbers will fall next to him. But where's the plays he is shoving his teammates out of the way to get that board?

To me it just sounds a bit whiny and fake. You want to get rebounds... Man up and get rebounds. Lebron does. Honestly, I'd rather see a teammate fighting for boards than taking that passive approach and sulking that Lebron doesn't share...

And you look at his teammates. Birdman, Haslem, Joel Anthony, Mike Miller, Chalmers, Wade, rebounding rates right on their career averages... Is it just Bosh that sits there trembling in fear and wetting his pants that Lebron might be unpleased or something if he doesn't defer his rebounds???

It's kind of funny how the people complain about his selfishness. Didn't he attempt a career low number of shots per game last year, and the year before? I mean Demar Derozan and Al Jefferson took more shots than he did. And if he passes out of a double team to a wide open Bosh for the game winning shot, those same exact people will be the ones out there whining that he defers too much.

Honestly, if I was a coach, I'd tell my guys, if Lebron is there, guess what Birdman, guess what Bosh... He runs the break and gets out in transition with the ball better than you. Let him grab the rebound and go, because that isn't stat padding, that's just a coach not being a complete idiot. It's like calling Ray Allen selfish for taking the open three and not passing it to someone else for an open outside shot.

And if people want to complain he's too aggressive rebounding, well if that's the price of finals appearances and multiple championships... I think that's a fair trade off.

Dade County
10-15-2014, 08:36 AM

Lmao...

The HEAT planned for a couple of years to get the big 3 together, I think thats good GM'ing. I wasn't saying back then, they didn't I was happy, but little did I know that they would control the HEAT wins & losses (& championships).

The League stepped in and said, we can't have this. They made sure Cleveland hand the assets to pull of any and all possible trades (3 first rd picks), & now the leash is probably off of Lbj, to win how many he wants, I just wished Miami was granted the same thing...

I would have loved 4 straight championships in Dade County!

prodigy
10-15-2014, 04:04 PM

Arch pretty much owned you here. If u really think Irving/wade and love/bosh are same players then u need to learn the game.

Ya cavs got some bench players that at one time played for the heat. By ur logic Marion played for mavs and love/dirk are white PF's so cavs must be the mavs also. Even the names rhyme smh... Cleveland mavs 2.0 its a fact cuz I said so.

prodigy
10-15-2014, 04:11 PM

Lmao...

The HEAT planned for a couple of years to get the big 3 together, I think thats good GM'ing. I wasn't saying back then, they didn't I was happy, but little did I know that they would control the HEAT wins & losses (& championships).

The League stepped in and said, we can't have this. They made sure Cleveland hand the assets to pull of any and all possible trades (3 first rd picks), & now the leash is probably off of Lbj, to win how many he wants, I just wished Miami was granted the same thing...

I would have loved 4 straight championships in Dade County!

What did a GM have to do with bosh and lebron going to the heat? They all wanted to play together. Riley's only job was to clear the cap and stfu. Lol

Goose17
10-15-2014, 04:18 PM

Please don't speak on the behalf of every other fan base, personally I have no issue with the Heats former big 3 or the Cavs current big 3. It's just smart business. If anything, I respect it.