PDA

View Full Version : 7th Annual PSD Player Rankings #1 PF In The NBA? (Volume: VII)

Mile High Champ
10-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Hey guys, It is that time of year again! Once again we kick of the PSD NBA Off-Season Player Rankings. This is the 7th year I have done this on PSD and it typically always makes for good deabte and often initates terrific discussion. Consider that when these polls first began, the likes of Baron Davis and Devin Harris were cracking these polls. Which player will you rank high this year that may get some raised eyebrows as the years pass by? Only time will tell. Please keep things civil and discuss who you feel is most fitting and deserving of being voted in each poll.

A lot has changed since last season. Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs are NBA champions for the 5th time after getting some revenge for their finals loss last season to the Heat. We could be looking at the end of the big 3 era.

Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 6 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

For a player to be eligible for this years poll, they must of played in a minimum of 10 games.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best. Though we do recognize that some voters will vote based solely on potential and others by last years numbers.

2014 Off-Season PSD PF Rankings
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

2013 Off-Season PSD PF Rankings

1) Kevin Love
2) Blake Griffin
3) Dirk Nowitzki
4) LaMarcus Aldridge
5) Kevin Garnett
6) David Lee
7) Zach Randolph
8) Pau Gasol
9) David West
10) Serge Ibaka

2012 Off-Season PSD PF Rankings

1) Kevin Love
2) Dirk Nowitzki
3) LaMarcus Aldridge
4) Chris Bosh
5) Pau Gasol
6) Blake Griffin
7) Josh Smith
8) Zach Randolph
9) Amare Stoudemire
10) Paul Millsap

2011 Off-Season PF Rankings

1) Dirk Nowitzki
2) Amare Stoudemire
3) Pau Gasol
4) Zach Randolph
5) Chris Bosh
6) LaMarcus Aldridge
7) Kevin Love
8) Blake Griffin
9) Kevin Garnett
10) Josh Smith

2010 Off-Season PF Rankings

1) Pau Gasol
2) Dirk Nowitzki
3) Tim Duncan
4) Chris Bosh
5) Amare Stoudemire
6) Carlos Boozer
7) Kevin Garnett
8) Josh Smith
9) David Lee
10) Zach Randolph

2009 Off-Season PF Rankings

1) Tim Duncan
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Dirk Nowitzki
4) Chris Bosh
5) Amare Stoudemire
6) Pau Gasol
7) Carlos Boozer
8) Antawn Jamison
9) Rashard Lewis
10) David West

2008 Off-Season PF rankings

1) Tim Duncan
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Chris Bosh
5) Dirk Nowitzki
6) Elton Brand
7) Carlos Boozer
8) Pau Gasol
9) Antawn Jamison
10) David West

Mile High Champ
10-07-2014, 10:18 AM
Who you got? Down to four in my opinion which follows with a good drop off in talent..

LA, Davis, Blake or Love?

FraziersKnicks
10-07-2014, 10:21 AM
You can't go wrong with Love or Blake.

1. Kevin Love
2. Blake Griffin
3. Anthony Davis
4. LaMarcus Aldridge

Avenged
10-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Blake.

jimm120
10-07-2014, 10:45 AM
I went with love because right now is good. But he's due for a drop for next season, production wise

Goose17
10-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Give me Davis, only PF that beats him in PER last season was Love and Love doesn't play both ends of the floor, definitely not at the same level. On top of that, the only players aside from Love that finished above him in PER were Lebron and Durant.

He averaged a double-double with 20 points and 10 rebounds on top of that he had 2.8 blocks per game (best in the league).

The favourite candidates are probably going to be Griffin and Love. Love is marginally the better rebounder and he can stroke it from deep, but Davis dominates defensively which for me, personally, swings it in his favour. Griffin has made some huge improvements but I give Anthony the edge offensively and he's much better defensively. Aldridge simply can't compete with Davis.

On top of all that Davis is still really young. All upside.

People will say it's too soon to crown him the best PF, to them I say; I don't care.

mightybosstone
10-07-2014, 11:27 AM
I'm giving Blake the edge because he's coming off the best season of any PF in the league, but I think Love and Davis are probably better, more versatile overall players. Love and Davis also have more question marks, as Love is injury prone and playing for a new roster and Davis has yet to truly dominate on the offensive side of the ball. But any of those three would be acceptable at the No. 1 spot.

KnicksorBust
10-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Who you got? Down to four in my opinion which follows with a good drop off in talent..

LA, Davis, Blake or Love?

How is Dirk in a different category than Aldridge?

KnicksorBust
10-07-2014, 12:31 PM
I went with love because right now is good. But he's due for a drop for next season, production wise

I disagree. I think next year he's going to look like an even better player than this year.

KnicksorBust
10-07-2014, 12:32 PM
I'm giving Blake the edge because he's coming off the best season of any PF in the league, but I think Love and Davis are probably better, more versatile overall players. Love and Davis also have more question marks, as Love is injury prone and playing for a new roster and Davis has yet to truly dominate on the offensive side of the ball. But any of those three would be acceptable at the No. 1 spot.

I agree it should be Griffin. I'm not sure I would give Love the edge as a better "overall" player either. His defense has been so suspect over his career in Minny.

mightybosstone
10-07-2014, 12:42 PM
I agree it should be Griffin. I'm not sure I would give Love the edge as a better "overall" player either. His defense has been so suspect over his career in Minny.

Right, but he's one of the best rebounders and 3-point shooting big men in the entire league. And it's not as if Griffin is an exceptional defensive player, so I don't see his edge in that category being all that significant.

valade16
10-07-2014, 01:37 PM
How is Dirk in a different category than Aldridge?

Age. That is really the only basis.

LMA is Top 5 but probably as the 5th best.

1. Blake
2. Love
3. Davis
4. Dirk
5. LMA

jimm120
10-08-2014, 10:42 AM
I disagree. I think next year he's going to look like an even better player than this year.

Better player, maybe. Probably. Lower statistical numbers (base numbers, not advanced stuff) will probably be lower

jimm120
10-08-2014, 10:46 AM
Next vote seems interesting. I think that that a lot of the people that voted Blake are going to Davis instead of love (who was #2 in this poll).

If the next poll isn't up by tonight, can someone else put up the poll/next thread? We got 3 weeks to finish this before the start of the season.

Bruno
10-08-2014, 08:31 PM
i would have voted for davis.

his two way impact is unmatched at his position, and he's not that far behind Love and Blake offensively either.

Davis-Love-Blake-LMA-Dirk and Ibaka seems to be the obvious top five?

Ebbs
10-09-2014, 03:02 PM
DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Tony_Starks
10-09-2014, 03:50 PM
LA with Griffin right behind him.