PDA

View Full Version : How do you fee your GM positioned your team in related to the coming salary cap raise

Vampirate
10-06-2014, 04:49 PM
As the title suggests. How do you feel your GM prepared your team currently and for the future with the Salary cap that will gradually raise?

IndyRealist
10-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Pacers: horribly. Had we retained Lance Stephenson, the Pacers would have been tax payers for one, maybe two years. Then the cap would balloon and all the penny pinching would be moot. Instead we dismantled our team to save money for a couple of years.

Seizabmc
10-06-2014, 06:38 PM
I think Phil Jackson is a genius !!
And on top of that I also think that many people were very wrong when saying that Carmelo anthony cares more about money than he does winning.
Because I'm sure his agent has discussed the future cap raises with him.
And melo still took a pay cut !
So I guess he's not a money hungry prick after all huh!!!!

With the cap raise,
Melo actually took a huge pay cut now.

And it turns out that the knicks are going to have a brighter future than expected.

Especially with amare coming off the books soon, plus bargs!

So to answer the ?

I think the Phil Jackson ( gm )
Is in the process of setting the knicks up for success .
And it started with giving melo a pay cut!

The knicks are on the right track
And will soon be crowned champs!

Maybe not this season,
But atleast this season we will be crowned Atlantic division champs!

Well done Phil well done!!
Nice sacrifice melo very nice!
Smart move Dolan very smart move for hiring Phil Jackson,
The man who will soon lead us to the nba finals once again.

But for the meantime I'm good with knowing that we will atleast be the best in our division !!!!!!

Much better than the rest

JEDean89
10-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Both my Nuggets and Knicks are in great position to take advantage of the massive cap space coming up. I think a lot of teams are gonna be dissapointed in FA though, not many great players make it to UFA anymore.

PhillyFaninLA
10-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Fantastic.....we are in spectacular shape in that area.

mike_noodles
10-06-2014, 06:51 PM
Raptors are in an excellent position whether the increase is gradual or all at once.

Dade County
10-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Pat mother F'in Riley has everything under control!

Howard & KD starting with you, I wonder who's going to be the icing.

What’s to come next year is still an unknown though it’s very unlikely the Miami Heat will use any available cap space to help build the roster at season end. That’s because the Miami Heat are waiting until the NBA’s new salary cap structure kicks into gear.

When such happens it’s expected the Miami Heat (along with every other team in the NBA) will see much more space on their cap allowing them to sign higher priced free agents. That’s something team president Pat Riley seems to be eying as he told the Sun Sentential

“It could be next year,” Riley said of a possible Heat overhaul. “They could opt out next year and we could be in the game next year.”

But asked if he specifically would cut into the team’s potential 2016 cap space, Riley said, “No. I don’t think we will.”

Still, outside of major players like the Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks and aforementioned Lakers, the Miami Heat are likely to be one of the prime free agent destinations so it’s hard to begrudge the franchise for laying their cards on the table

... http://fansided.com/2014/10/06/miami-heat-wont-use-cap-space-2016/

Another ... http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-81600850/

"It'll definitely be a point of discussion at the next collective-bargaining agreement," Heat forward Danny Granger said after Tuesday's practice at AmericanAirlines Arena. "More money, more problems."

Against the backdrop of the soon-to-be-infused television money, teams have been protecting salary-cap space for a 2016 offseason when James, Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis and other stars are positioned to become free agents.

While Bosh's five-year, $118 million contract was viewed as excessive by some when agreed upon in July, it now could fit comfortably into the NBA's impending salary stratosphere, leaving the Heat with ample salary-cap space to operate throughout its five-season duration.

dalton749
10-06-2014, 07:03 PM
There will be a lot more money to go around then players, so a bunch of people are going to get overpaid

Toronto has room for a max next year, but so do like 10 other teams and there's not that many max players available

BirdIsTheWord
10-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Looking good. Apart from rooks, Nuggets will only have Lawson and Faried under contract in two seasons.

BALLER R
10-06-2014, 07:20 PM
Toronto looking really good right now. Lowry and Demar contracts look even better.

j-bay
10-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Besides OKC, with this move the Wizards now have the next best shot for KD. KD could go home as well as give KD one of the largest contracts of all time. We have a lot of contracts come off the books giving us a lot of. And before you guys say "well my team with the cap raise have a shot too". Take In to the count of what the condition of your team is.

InRoseWeTrust
10-06-2014, 11:18 PM
Cue every fan base in the NBA now starting the "what this really means is [my team] is pretty much guaranteed to gett KD!"

dalton749
10-06-2014, 11:37 PM
Besides OKC, with this move the Wizards now have the next best shot for KD. KD could go home as well as give KD one of the largest contracts of all time. We have a lot of contracts come off the books giving us a lot of. And before you guys say "well my team with the cap raise have a shot too". Take In to the count of what the condition of your team is.

Durants choices will likely be between washington, toronto, and okc of course

Cal827
10-06-2014, 11:38 PM
I can't really think of a team that isn't optimistic about their future after the news of the cap increase in the next little bit. Most teams don't have horrible contracts that run too long into the years before the cap increase.

I mean if Gortat's deal is a MLE with the cap increase, then **** it lol

Based on Hoopshype, people could say the Clippers (who will be at 50 million if things stay the same for 4 years) could be stuck, but then again, with the cap increase, they could end up with like 20-30 million more to spend, and have their best players locked down for a while, so not a massive worry that interior players will push that cap number with a new deal (unlike some of the guys who were drafted in 2009, as their contracts are gonna run down right as the cap increases like Curry, Harden, etc)

Cal827
10-06-2014, 11:39 PM
Pat mother F'in Riley has everything under control!

Howard & KD starting with you, I wonder who's going to be the icing.

:laugh: Lebron part 2 just put him at PG, get a big 5

Lebron
Wade
KD
Bosh
Howard

mike_noodles
10-07-2014, 08:46 AM

Lebron
Wade
KD
Bosh
Howard

By that time it will be KD LJ and the decrepit 3.

Dade County
10-07-2014, 09:06 AM

Lebron
Wade
KD
Bosh
Howard

I rather not have Lbj ever put on a HEAT uniform again... This throwing games form time to time and giving Dallas a championship, I rather not have to dal with that again.

Thanks for the 2 rings as a fan of the HEAT Lbj!

By that time it will be KD LJ and the decrepit 3.

Still winning titles.

KnicksorBust
10-07-2014, 12:35 PM
Cue every fan base in the NBA now starting the "what this really means is [my team] is pretty much guaranteed to gett KD!"

I want Marc Gasol. :laugh:

InRoseWeTrust
10-07-2014, 12:56 PM
Durants choices will likely be between washington, toronto, and okc of course

Yeah, KD isn't signing with Toronto.

nycericanguy
10-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Knicks can now potentially sign a max guy like Marc or Hibbert this summer, and another max in 2016.

KnicksorBust
10-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Knicks can now potentially sign a max guy like Marc or Hibbert this summer, and another max in 2016.

The fact that Hibbert will need a max drives me crazy.

nycericanguy
10-07-2014, 06:05 PM
The fact that Hibbert will need a max drives me crazy.

His max next season will be around $16m, that won't look so bad when the cap goes up in 2016.

He's a game changer defensively, you can't deny that.