PDA

View Full Version : What's your most anticipated match-up this season?

mrblisterdundee
10-04-2014, 12:43 AM
There are a lot of good story lines this season, such as LeBron James coming back home from a spurned South Beach. Houston and Dallas are in a border war, and really any Texas match-up is bound to be awesome. John Wall and Bradley Beal have been sufficiently jazzed up by Dion Waiters running his mouth. The bottom-feeder Lakers-Celtics still meet twice the second meeting, Feb. 22, is even on NBATV.
For me, it's Golden State-Phoenix.
The Stephen Curry-Klay Thompson back court may perform better over the entire season, but Eric Bledsoe and Goran Dragic would be a great match-up. Bledsoe's about the perfect guy to be defending Curry, while he'll blow right by or bull over him on the offensive side. If not him, then Dragic, who's better offensively than Thompson and defensively than Curry.

Goose17
10-04-2014, 04:32 AM
Warriors v Clippers without a doubt. November 5th.

Also, Cleveland - OKC should be fun. Kyrie vs Westbrook. Lebron vs Durant. Love vs Ibaka.

There's actually a lot o good match ups this year, too many to list.

KnicksorBust
10-04-2014, 08:27 AM
The LeBron Cavs vs. Any team (Heat-OKC-TWolves-Spurs-etc) s my honest answer but I am also going to look forward to seeing one more season of Duncan's Spurs vs. Dirk's Mavs and Kobe vs. Wade...

Cal827
10-04-2014, 08:38 AM
Want to see GS-LAC again. Those teams don't like each other lol

Also want to see MIN-PHI (Prospect build up on both side), and Cleveland-OKC for what someone above posted.

The Raptor fan in me wants to really see Toronto-Washington. Both teams are expected to grow into Eastern Contenders. I went to one of the games last year, and it was pretty awesome (Raptors lost it, but good effort on both sides in the triple OT game). Wall/Beal vs Lowry/Derozan is gonna be fun to watch lol

Another one I want to see is Dallas-Houston. Just because of Parson's departure. But unfortunately, I can see PSD going nuts of people who just plain the Rockets for some reasons, and people doing the LT.

mightybosstone
10-04-2014, 08:38 AM
Personally, there's no matchup I look forward to more than Houston and Dallas. The idea of Ariza locking down Parsons and Houston shutting up the critics by beating the very team everyone is so convinced has surpasses them makes me salivate. On the flip side, the thought of them losing that game and Parsons having a monster game makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little bit.

But I do think pretty much any really good team that faces the Cavs will be a lot of fun to watch, especially OKC, Chicago, San Antonio and Miami. I'll also be looking forward to pretty much any matchup between playoff teams in the West last season. Any game between San Antonio, OKC, the Clippers, Houston, Portland, Golden State, Dallas and/or Memphis is going to be a ton of fun to watch.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Probably some rookie match ups as well like Parker versus Wiggins and Exum versus Smart.

HeatFan
10-04-2014, 11:02 AM
My personal will be MIA vs CLE but I'd like to see how Chicago matches up with the East now that Rose is back and they have a few new pieces. CHI-WAS would be good just to see where they are both at and I have a feeling that Suns vs Spurs will be a good matchup this year.

IndyRealist
10-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Have Washington and Cleveland always had beef? I remember it going back to DeShawn Stevenson, but it seems like someone on each team is always running their mouth.

kingsdelez24
10-04-2014, 06:44 PM
Im waiting for Deshawn Stevenson to resign with the wizards

Saddletramp
10-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Houston and Dallas is tops in my list but I also enjoy a good Clippers/Warriors feud. The guys on Miami and Cleveland will really try to one up each other and I'm going to enjoy seeing the Bulls go up against the best teams in the league (especially if Rose is back healthy).

And then you have to add in all of those top 11 or so teams in the West battling it out with each other. Should be a great season and I can't wait.

IKnowHoops
10-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Cavs vs...
1.Heat
2.OKC
3.Spurs
4.Washington
5.Bulls
6.Wolves
7.Rockets
8.Lakers

j-bay
10-04-2014, 07:27 PM
The Rival started in 2006.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/07/16/lebron-james-gilbert-arenas-moment-from-game-6-of-2006-playoff-series-still-galls-steve-buckhantz/

But this really isn't about Lebron anymore. Its about the young kids now.

JordansBulls
10-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Bulls vs Cavs Halloween. Jimmy Butler locking down a skinnier Lebron early on in the season

j-bay
10-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Want to see GS-LAC again. Those teams don't like each other lol

Also want to see MIN-PHI (Prospect build up on both side), and Cleveland-OKC for what someone above posted.

The Raptor fan in me wants to really see Toronto-Washington. Both teams are expected to grow into Eastern Contenders. I went to one of the games last year, and it was pretty awesome (Raptors lost it, but good effort on both sides in the triple OT game). Wall/Beal vs Lowry/Derozan is gonna be fun to watch lol

Another one I want to see is Dallas-Houston. Just because of Parson's departure. But unfortunately, I can see PSD going nuts of people who just plain the Rockets for some reasons, and people doing the LT.

CoughPierceblockcough

PurpleLynch
10-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Cavs vs Heat&Spurs.

Lakers vs Boston (homer pick,but actually we're both mediocre teams,maybe Boston even more than us considering our recent season "records",plus we are in the tougher conference.)

Houston vs Dallas for Parson's beef mainly

Bucks against any team

THE MTL
10-05-2014, 12:45 AM
Cavs vs Heat for sure.

JasonJohnHorn
10-05-2014, 02:36 AM
SVG vs JSmoove + Jennings

ewmania
10-05-2014, 04:22 AM
knicks vs. pacers (homor reasons)

miami vs. cavs

wizards vs. golden state . i think wizards will be a great team this year

mightybosstone
10-05-2014, 11:39 AM
SVG vs JSmoove + Jennings

:laugh: I hadn't thought about that, but that's certainly going to be an interesting story to follow this year.

jakub
10-05-2014, 02:08 PM
Nets Vs Twolves cause I'm going to it

Cal827
10-05-2014, 06:22 PM
CoughPierceblockcough

:laugh: I have no idea what you're talking about :mad:

Also want to see what happens between the Pelicans and their division rivals. Should be interesting to see if they can leapfrog a few of them and sneak into the playoffs.