PDA

View Full Version : Who's getting high praise in your teams camp so far?

king4day
10-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Since we can't all keep track of each team and how some players are looking in camp, I'd like to hear from other teams followers to know if any players showed up with some improved skill?

From the Suns side, in the scrimmages, Alex Len is getting a lot of praise as being a different player than we saw last season (not much info but still, as a Suns fan it's nice to hear).

I'd love to hear what fans of other teams can add regarding their teams.

abe_froman
10-03-2014, 04:33 PM
from bulls camp,its all about nikola mirotic

Lakers + Giants
10-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Our 2nd round draft pick, PG Jordan Clarkson has "looked like a steal". Kobe and Nash have been giving him some high praise.

kingsdelez24
10-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Apparently Jason Thompson has developed a three point shot and is being called the mvp of the kings training camp

Hulk6
10-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Apparently Jason Thomson has developed a three point shot and is being called the mvp of the kings training camp

:sigh:

xbrackattackx
10-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Laker Nation showed a lot of training camp footage. Kobe and Nash appear to be healthy and looked good. Nash was feeding Randle and Hill nice dunks. Kobe was stroking it. Clarkson,young and Hill are getting praise on their defense. And coach Byron said Wes Johnson is gonna have a breakout year and prove why he was a former lottery pick. Price and Ellington are also said to be getting love. Ed Davis is in the best shape of his life and Kobe says it's like he's on a pogo stick out there.

xbrackattackx
10-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Also apparently Nick Young injured his thumb today. Going for a MRI.

king4day
10-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Also apparently Nick Young injured his thumb today. Going for a MRI.

Do they think it's serious? How'd he injure it?

Anthony Tolliver had an odd injury today himself:

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/518105685544796160

JeffG20
10-03-2014, 05:50 PM
Ironically enough, Eric Gordon. He's supposedly the heatliest he's been since getting here and slimmed down. I'll believe it when I see it. He's also cut down on his whining so he actually looks like he's enjoying being here.

Goose17
10-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Klay, being aggressive attacking the rim.

Green, working on his corner 3s.

But the biggest praise so far has been for Bogut... Kerr really wants to use him to pass out of the elbow and is VERY keen to get him scoring in the block. Says his touch is really good down there.

Kaner
10-03-2014, 05:58 PM
Mirotic has been getting a lot of praise from Noah, Rose, and even Thibs. All 3 we're talking about how they were impressed with how well rounded his game is.

Knicks Boogie
10-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Knicks camp: Fisher is very impressed with Jose Calderon and young Cleanthony Early. Phil said that Timmy Hardaway Jr was the best shooter that he's seen in a long time. That's got to be big for any youngsters confidence.

I'm excited #Knickstape

JEDean89
10-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Ironically enough, Eric Gordon. He's supposedly the heatliest he's been since getting here and slimmed down. I'll believe it when I see it. He's also cut down on his whining so he actually looks like he's enjoying being here.

nothing ironic about a contract year! my guess is he is playing for a big season so he can opt out and sign elsewhere. we all know he never wanted to be in New Orleans! They should trade him for a pick, maybe a team like the Knicks? Really short PG's like Monte and Gordon are not really in too high of demand. If healthy this dude can ball. though.

HeatFan
10-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Knicks camp: Fisher is very impressed with Jose Calderon and young Cleanthony Early. Phil said that Timmy Hardaway Jr was the best shooter that he's seen in a long time. That's got to be big for any youngsters confidence.

I'm excited #Knickstape

I really hope they become top 5 in the East now that Indiana is basically out of the mix this year. Hardaway seems to have a fairly high ceiling.

Munkeysuit
10-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Not a Magic fan but I really do hope Aaron Gordon's game rounds out at this level.

lamzoka
10-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Coach Fisher: " I'm impressed with Tim Harderway Jr."

JeffG20
10-03-2014, 08:06 PM
nothing ironic about a contract year! my guess is he is playing for a big season so he can opt out and sign elsewhere. we all know he never wanted to be in New Orleans! They should trade him for a pick, maybe a team like the Knicks? Really short PG's like Monte and Gordon are not really in too high of demand. If healthy this dude can ball. though.

Make no mistake about it, I don't want him on this team. I'd personally trade him for a stick of juicy fruit. But a motivated Gordon could be key.

xbrackattackx
10-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Do they think it's serious? How'd he injure it?

Anthony Tolliver had an odd injury today himself:

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/518105685544796160

Looks like a sprained thumb. So nothing to serious. Unless ligament damage occurred.

dalton749
10-03-2014, 09:35 PM
valanciunas is looking like a beast
leading his national team to 4th place, adjusting to his weight gains from last year, and a further developed post game got his teammates excited about him being a bigger part of the offense next year
should be an easy 15/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRzdk3gGyfU

ohreally
10-03-2014, 10:43 PM

I'm excited #Knickstape

Well, that must have made Melo feel good. But then Phil never says anything that doesn't have multiple meanings and intents.

5ass
10-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Not a Magic fan but I really do hope Aaron Gordon's game rounds out at this level.

I have no doubt he'll be at least a good player. 6'9 athletic defender, youngest player in the league with great work ethic and a great environment to develop. The magic will get the most out of him IMO.

dalton749
10-03-2014, 11:00 PM
I have no doubt he'll be at least a good player. 6'9 athletic defender, youngest player in the league with great work ethic and a great environment to develop. The magic will get the most out of him IMO.

Bruno caboclo is 5 days younger.

j-bay
10-04-2014, 01:18 AM
Paul Pierce. They love his leadership and work ethic. Pierce told them "I'll be coming in two hours early. If anyone wants to join me, then come in 2 hours early". Since then everyone has been coming in 2 hours early to get work done.

Hawkeye15
10-04-2014, 01:22 AM
Bennett at Wolves camp.

So yeah, that's how much I care about weighing in on the first few days of practice....

vets don't give a ****, rookies and young guys with a chip on their shoulders do.

ombada
10-04-2014, 02:08 AM
Solomon Hill and Rodney Stuckey fur the Pacers. Solomon is leading the pack to replace George this season. And according to reports Stuckey is fitting in well as a penetrator and distributer

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-04-2014, 10:43 AM
For the Bucks pretty much Giannis and Parker. Giannis growing from 6'9" to 6'11". Parker being #2 pick. Coach K first year with us. Henson bulked up. Sanders ready for a bounce back year. Mayo lost weight. 8 pounds shy of rookie weight. Ersan didn't play for Turkey this summer. So he's full of energy and 110% healthy. Zaza played this summer and he game shape ready and lost weight. Bayless and Dudley ready to play for new team and had all good things to say. Knight is still a work horse. Knight looked like he put on more muscle as well. Kidd's coaching staff getting high praise as well. New owners working on picking new site down town for new arena. Coach K playing 14 second shot clock system.

Verbal Christ
10-04-2014, 09:36 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rockets--dwight-howard-goes-back-to-his-roots-with-eye-on-dominating--not-just-shining-004957751.html

Rockets' Dwight Howard goes back to his roots with eye on dominating, not just shining

DubbyDubbs
10-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Raptors camp: no surprise, James Johnson; Casey is a defence-first coach and has had high praise for James johnson so far saying he can play the 3/4 in any lineup and has the versatility to guard positions 1-4. He has also praised him for understanding his role and what is needed from him this time around with the raptors. Sounds like he'll be getting a lot of minutes at different positions and guarding different positions.