PDA

View Full Version : Who would you grab with the top five picks in the 88 draft?

JasonJohnHorn
10-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Ok... same as the other threads, but this time you got the top five picks of the 88 draft. Who do you grab? And put them in the order that you value you them.

Notable players

Manning, Richmond (who I expect will make up two of everybody's three picks), Strickland, Anthony Mason, Hersey Hawkins, Dan Majrele, Rik Smits, Charles Smith, Ron Siekely, Charles Smith, Chris Morris, Mad Max, Harvey Grant, Brian Shaw. Oh, and Rex 'Apple' Champan.

And to make this interesting, I'm removing Fennis Dembo as an option. The last thing we want is EVERYBODY picking Fennis Dembo. That is just to obvious.

abe_froman
10-01-2014, 01:57 PM
i'll go
1.mitch
2.strickland
3.smits
4.manning
5.thunder dan

TheGame
10-01-2014, 02:02 PM
Ok... same as the other threads, but this time you got the top five picks of the 88 draft. Who do you grab? And put them in the order that you value you them.

Notable players

Manning, Richmond (who I expect will make up two of everybody's three picks), Strickland, Anthony Mason, Hersey Hawkins, Dan Majrele, Rik Smits, Charles Smith, Ron Siekely, Charles Smith, Chris Morris, Harvey Grant, Brian Shaw.

Mason, Richmond, Smits, Hawkins, pretty good draft overall. For the final pick It's between Manning, Strickland and Majerle. Probably go Majerle.

Mason
Richmond
Smits
Hawkins
Majerle

JasonJohnHorn
10-01-2014, 02:45 PM
I'd want me a good point guard.. so I need Strickland. I'd want a versatile defender as well, and given his passing game, I think Mason fits the bill perfectly. Richmond is an obvious choice for shooting guard (though I'm sending props out to Hawkins). I'd want a solid rebounding C, so I'd take Seikaly as he is likely the best rebounder in the draft. And that means I need a small forward... so Dan Majrele it is.

I love Manning, but he was never a strong rebounder, and I know he had injury issues.

1. Richmond
2. Mason
3. Majrele
4. Seiklay
5. Stickland

I love Smits, but though he was great on offense, I just remember him being an awful rebounder for his size, but a team with the following would be pretty good too:

Shaw/Mad MAx
Hawkins
Champan/Smith
Manning/Morris/Grant
Smits

mrblisterdundee
10-01-2014, 07:18 PM
1. Mitch Richmond
2. Rod Strickland
3. Hersey Hawkins
4. Rik Smits
5. Danny Manning