PDA

View Full Version : Your Bold Predictions for the upcoming season (both for teams and players)

PhillyFaninLA
09-30-2014, 06:05 PM
Lets have fun with this. Look forward to reading your thoughts.

jaydubb
09-30-2014, 06:07 PM
Cleveland Cavaliers 98-0.. The perfect season..

PhillyFaninLA
09-30-2014, 06:07 PM
I predict Arnett Moultrie will prove he is a legitimate NBA player and a possible starter down the road.

I predict none of the following teams win the NBA title or make it there.....Thunder, Spurs, Heat, Cavaliers, Bulls

Goose17
09-30-2014, 06:09 PM
None of these statements so far are bold.

Cleveland make the finals.

That's bold.

PhillyFaninLA
09-30-2014, 06:17 PM
None of these statements so far are bold.

Cleveland make the finals.

That's bold.

Well played...I laughed

Nycbball08
09-30-2014, 06:25 PM
Miami or Indiana will not make the playoffs!

Cal827
09-30-2014, 07:14 PM
Spurs don't get by the second round.

HeatFan
09-30-2014, 07:46 PM
Golden State will make it to the finals against Chicago!! Warriors Win.

Also, either Miami or Chicago will eliminate Cleveland in the East. Hopefully it's Miami (Karma).

Goose17
09-30-2014, 07:58 PM
- OKC will not make it to the conference finals.

- At least 2 out of the top 4 seeds in the West won't make it out of the first round.

- Portland make it to the WCF, Toronto make the ECF.

- Stephen Curry will win the MVP award.

- Dallas won't make it to the post season.

- Derek Fisher will be fired before the all star break.

Goose17
09-30-2014, 08:06 PM
- Lebron finally wins his defensive player of the year award.
- Chicago win it all. Rose is finals MVP.
- Toronto trade DeRozan
- There will be at least one "superstar" dealt before the deadline.

rockets-fan
09-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Harden will play defense this season

Minimal
09-30-2014, 08:26 PM
Dallas will reach the finals

MrfadeawayJB
09-30-2014, 08:45 PM
Homer pick but I think this is the year the grizz make the finals

goingfor28
09-30-2014, 08:59 PM
Hornets male ECF

HandsOnTheWheel
09-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Indiana blows up their team.

Heat make it to the finals but lose to the Thunder or Spurs again.

Magic make the playoffs.

Rondo gets traded for a first rounder.

Lebrons stats take a big dip and he starts to decline.

numba1CHANGsta
09-30-2014, 09:20 PM
LeBron will finally shave his head

jaydubb
09-30-2014, 10:34 PM
LeBron will finally shave his head

:laugh2:

Dade County
09-30-2014, 10:53 PM
2 new super teams will be created mid season.

Roy, West, Kobe, Rondo, D Will, Bledsoe, Monroe, will all be traded this season.

R. Johnson#3
09-30-2014, 11:10 PM
Eastern Conference

1. Bulls
2. Raptors
3. Cavs

dalton749
09-30-2014, 11:20 PM
Raps hold first seed at allstar break

BallIsAll
09-30-2014, 11:35 PM
I take Ariana grande from big Sean and she takes me to watch the finals which will be nuggets vs cavs. Faried will expose love and lawson will expose Irving. The nuggets win the finals and gallo wins finals mvp.

mightybosstone
09-30-2014, 11:41 PM
1. The Cavaliers will win 65+ games.
2. Derrick Rose will play fewer than 50 games and will average fewer than 20 points and 7 assists per game on atrocious efficiency.
3. Kobe Bryant will play more than 70 games and average something around 25/5/5 on decent efficiency. The Lakers will still suck.
4. Atlanta will be a top 4 seed in the East and win at least 52 games as long as Horford is healthy.
5. Portland will win fewer than 50 games and will be lucky to earn the 8th seed.
6. Miami will not have home court advantage for a single series in the playoffs and will get bounced in the first round.
7. Anthony Davis will become a guaranteed top 5 guy, but New Orleans will still barely reach .500.
8. The Nets and Knicks will both make the playoffs, but the Nets will be far better and will actually reach the second round.
9. Phoenix will take a step back and will not come within three games of a playoff seed.
10. Oklahoma City and Cleveland will face in the Finals. Lebron will prevail over Durant again despite Durant winning his second consecutive MVP.
Homer pick: The Rockets will win more games than last year despite the loss of Parsons and will get to at least the second round of the playoffs.

JasonJohnHorn
10-01-2014, 07:28 AM
Spurs repeat.
Pelicans make it to the WCF.
Hornets prove to be the biggest hurdle in the east.
Lance Stephenson or Victor Oladipa win MIP.

Ariza's Better
10-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Hornets make finals.
Clippers make finals with paul winning MVP.
Kings finish last in the west with the team imploding and cousins demanding a trade.
Knicks and nets miss play-offs.

akia83
10-01-2014, 08:52 AM
2. Derrick Rose will play fewer than 50 games and will average fewer than 20 points and 7 assists per game on atrocious efficiency.
3. Kobe Bryant will play more than 70 games and average something around 25/5/5 on decent efficiency. The Lakers will still suck.
4. Atlanta will be a top 4 seed in the East and win at least 52 games as long as Horford is healthy.
5. Portland will win fewer than 50 games and will be lucky to earn the 8th seed.
6. Miami will not have home court advantage for a single series in the playoffs and will get bounced in the first round.
7. Anthony Davis will become a guaranteed top 5 guy, but New Orleans will still barely reach .500.
8. The Nets and Knicks will both make the playoffs, but the Nets will be far better and will actually reach the second round.
9. Phoenix will take a step back and will not come within three games of a playoff seed.
10. Oklahoma City and Cleveland will face in the Finals. Lebron will prevail over Durant again despite Durant winning his second consecutive MVP.
Homer pick: The Rockets will win more games than last year despite the loss of Parsons and will get to at least the second round of the playoffs.

Agree with most of them. 8/10, 8/11 (if you count the rockets one :) )
I think Rose won't be good until Christmas, but I see him play more than 70 games, and fairly well at the end.
Phoenix gonna be real good, at least as good as last year.

WaDe03
10-01-2014, 10:25 AM
Wade will finish top 5 in MVP votes.

Heat will be top 3 seed in the East.

Charlotte will make ECF against either Heat Cavs or Bulls.

Rondo will be traded.

Greg Monroe will be traded.

Pelicans will make the playoffs.

Chalmers will win MVP.

mjm07
10-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Dwayne Wade will retake the throne as the top SG in the game and play 75+ games.

Clippers will beat the Bulls in the Finals.

TheGame
10-01-2014, 11:08 AM
- OKC will not make it to the conference finals.

- At least 2 out of the top 4 seeds in the West won't make it out of the first round.

- Portland make it to the WCF, Toronto make the ECF.

- Stephen Curry will win the MVP award.

- Dallas won't make it to the post season.

- Derek Fisher will be fired before the all star break.

First of all curry is getting a little overated. That's putting it lightly. Mark Jackson honestly made him what he was 23/8 player shoot first and you know exactly what he's going to do on every play. "shoot".

I don't see Portland making WCF. They don't have depth and their coach only plays 5 players. Also they shoot too many threes.

Derek Fisher will last atleast 1 season.

Why don't you think the Mavericks will make the Playoffs? What reason do you have.

TheGame
10-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Dwayne Wade will retake the throne as the top SG in the game and play 75+ games.

Clippers will beat the Bulls in the Finals.

I actually think Wade is still the best SG in the NBA overall.

So are you saying you think Wade will average more points than Harden. Because that is what popolar opinion only looks at?

Bulls will not make the Finals. They have a horrible coach and NO bench. Also they have no one that can hit a simple 15 footer.

TheGame
10-01-2014, 11:17 AM

Cavs won't win 65 games. That's a lot. I'll give you 60, but not 65. Lebron will miss his usual 5-6 games, Varejoa will miss about 35 games, Love will miss about 10 games.

Saying Rose won't play 70 games and average 20 isn't a blod prediction or statement.

Anthony Davis will be a top 5 good numbers on crap team guy that's what you meant to say.

2-ONE-5
10-01-2014, 11:17 AM
Nerlens Noel averages 12ppg, 10reb, 2.5blks and edges out Parker for ROY

Pelicans finish in the top 4 out West and Davis is a top 3 MVP candidate

Hornets reach the ECF

JWO35
10-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Cleveland gets eliminated in the Semi-Finals
Carmelo wins MVP
Kobe Bryant retires mid-season
Kevin Durant surpasses Kobe Bryant's 81pt game with 87pts in a 4 OT Game
Pacers squeaks into playoffs w/ Paul George cleared to play in the playoffs

amak316
10-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Cavs beat the clippers in the finals in 5 games.

Jeremy Lin makes the All Star game

Carmelo Anthony is the player that gets hit with a serious injury this year

D. Rose plays >90% of the full season but is seriously underwhelming

Spurs finally begin their decline and fail to make it out of the second round.

mjm07
10-01-2014, 01:31 PM
I actually think Wade is still the best SG in the NBA overall.

So are you saying you think Wade will average more points than Harden. Because that is what popolar opinion only looks at?

Bulls will not make the Finals. They have a horrible coach and NO bench. Also they have no one that can hit a simple 15 footer.

Every post is a bold prediction,Rook! You seem to be a decent troll though.

TheGame
10-01-2014, 01:44 PM
you mad bro?

Tony_Starks
10-01-2014, 02:07 PM
-Kobe and Wade return to the top 2 SGs in the game

- Pistons make it to the 2nd round

- Drama in Houston gets McHale the first coach fired

- Bucks make the playoffs

- Cleveland, Phoenix, and New Orleans don't live up to the hype

TheSloth
10-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Ricky Rubio will find some method of scoring and become more of a threat on the offensive end to prove he's worth a new deal. Re-reading that sentence feels more like stupidity than a bold statement though....

Goose17
10-01-2014, 05:26 PM
- The Bulls win two individual accolades. Taj Gibson wins sixth man of the year and Joakim retains his DPOY award.

- Houston miss the playoffs and they fire McHale before the season is over.

- The trade deadline is a big one, A LOT of movement.

- Nash stays healthy, plays 70+ games and plays VERY well.

First of all curry is getting a little overated. That's putting it lightly. Mark Jackson honestly made him what he was 23/8 player shoot first and you know exactly what he's going to do on every play. "shoot".

I don't see Portland making WCF. They don't have depth and their coach only plays 5 players. Also they shoot too many threes.

Derek Fisher will last atleast 1 season.

Why don't you think the Mavericks will make the Playoffs? What reason do you have.

LOL, you realise these are BOLD statements right. Not supposed to be taking as sure things at all, they're wild and improbable comments that have a remote possibility of occuring.

But since you asked,

Mavs are garbage defensively, they can't hang in the West.

Curry is a beast, and he's going to cement himself as the best PG in the league this year. He's more than just a shooter, if you can't see that you're either a hater or you don't really watch him play. And Marc Jackson didn't make ****, Jacksons offensive sets were terrible, in fact they were pretty much nonexistent. With a proper offensive scheme in place Steph is going to go into beast mode.

:)

ewing
10-01-2014, 07:00 PM
knicks win championship

i quit drinking

Lakers finish over .500

mightybosstone
10-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Cavs won't win 65 games. That's a lot. I'll give you 60, but not 65. Lebron will miss his usual 5-6 games, Varejoa will miss about 35 games, Love will miss about 10 games.
It's not out of the question. And the goal is to make a bold statement. That's a bold statement and one that I think is a very real possibility.

Saying Rose won't play 70 games and average 20 isn't a blod prediction or statement.
Except I said he won't play 70 games. Also, when you consider that Rose scored 20+ PPG in his three peak seasons, that's somewhat of a bold statement. But it's not just that I said he's going to score fewer than 20 points, it's that I said he's going to be horribly inefficient while doing it.

Anthony Davis will be a top 5 good numbers on crap team guy that's what you meant to say.
....Ummm... Except that's exactly what I said. I think. But your grammar is so awful, it's kind of hard to figure out what exactly it is that you're saying.

TheGame
10-01-2014, 08:34 PM
- The Bulls win two individual accolades. Taj Gibson wins sixth man of the year and Joakim retains his DPOY award.

LOL, you realise these are BOLD statements right. Not supposed to be taking as sure things at all, they're wild and improbable comments that have a remote possibility of occuring.

But since you asked,

Curry is a beast, and he's going to cement himself as the best PG in the league this year. He's more than just a shooter, if you can't see that you're either a hater or you don't really watch him play. And Marc Jackson didn't make ****, Jacksons offensive sets were terrible, in fact they were pretty much nonexistent. With a proper offensive scheme in place Steph is going to go into beast mode.

Says the Warriors fan

You don't think Rick Carlisle can use a gameplan that would work for the Mavericks defensively? They do have Chandler back to help rebound and play solid defense inside.

Goose17
10-02-2014, 02:26 AM
Says the Warriors fan

You don't think Rick Carlisle can use a gameplan that would work for the Mavericks defensively? They do have Chandler back to help rebound and play solid defense inside.

They have one good defender in chandler and he's on the wrong side of his peak.

They have zero other plus defenders on that team.

Goose17
10-02-2014, 02:27 AM
And what does being a Warriors fan have to do with it? I'm not allowed to have opinions on other teams?

For someone who just started following the sport your posts come across as being very arrogant. You need to calm down.

ewing
10-02-2014, 08:33 AM
JR Smith makes first all start team

Ewing's wife goes nympho on him

I bench 300

Kevin Love leads cavs in scoring

mjm07
10-02-2014, 09:05 AM
knicks win championship

i quit drinking

Lakers finish over .500

WOW!! Now thats just fantasy land!! You're out of your mind. Quit drinking?!?!?!?!!?

Why?!!

Goose17
10-02-2014, 02:06 PM
You began watching basketball 2 seasons ago when the Warriors made the playoffs for the first time in a while. You jumped on the band wagon.

You're the arrogant one thinking Curry is the best player ever.

Lol are you a dupe? I've been a Warriors fan for the better part of 15 years.

I guess whatever team you support. You only became a fan of them this week since you just joined this forum? I mean that's how we know how long someone has been a fan of a team for right? Their PSD membership. Lmao.

And when did I say Curry was the best player ever? He's not even my favourite current warrior. Haha.

Go away mate, learn more about the sport and then create another dupe account when you actually know basketball.

PhillyFaninLA
10-02-2014, 02:17 PM
You began watching basketball 2 seasons ago when the Warriors made the playoffs for the first time in a while. You jumped on the band wagon.

You're the arrogant one thinking Curry is the best player ever.

Hey Mr. I have 5 posts on an account that was started this month..

Man up and post from your real account....only cowards hide behind alts......I feel sorry for you that you can't man up and that you are so desperate for attention you do this.....take what I'm saying not as criticism but as a chance for you to reflect and grow.

Seizabmc
10-02-2014, 09:13 PM
The knicks will win the Atlantic division and make it past the 1st round of the play offs.

Melo will be in the running for MVP!!!!

Mark my words!

Munkeysuit
10-02-2014, 10:25 PM
BOLD - Nerlens Noel wins Rookie of the year.
BOLD - Marcus Smart wins starting job over Rondo.
BOLD - Cavs have 5 players shooting 45% or better from the 3 point line.
BOLD - Indiana Pacers fail to make playoffs.
BOLD - Miami Heat will face the Cleveland Cavaliers in the ECF
BOLD - Kobe Bryant will average only 21 ppg.
BOLD - Greek Freak (Giannis Antetokounmpo) will block a shot, rebound the ball take it the length of the floor and dunk from about the free throw line.
BOLD - Tony Parker ends up banging the new female coach on the Spurs coaching staff.
BOLD - Derrick Rose wins the MVP
BOLD - Anthony Davis wins DPOY
BOLD - Lebron leads the league in steals at 3.5 steals per game.
BOLD - Tim Duncan retires.
BOLD - DeAndre Jordan gets traded.
BOLD - Aaron Gordon Blake Griffins Blake Griffin in the most nastiest dunk of the year.

Cracka2HI!
10-02-2014, 11:09 PM
I'll say Cleveland does not make the finals and Kevin Love struggles to be a complimentary player.

Knicks Boogie
10-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Knicks win the Atlantic 50+ wins

Timmy Hardaway most improved player

Bargnani 6th man of year

Amare averages 18ppg 8rebs and resigns for around 3 million per with Knicks.

Goose17
10-03-2014, 06:54 PM

I read rumours that he was thinking of heading to China to play with his old team mate Marbury after this contract is up?

mightybosstone
10-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Knicks win the Atlantic 50+ wins

Timmy Hardaway most improved player

Bargnani 6th man of year

Why stop there? I suppose Melo is going to win MVP, Dalembert will win DPOY, every Knicks starter will make the All-Star game and Derek Fisher will win Coach of the Year? The Knicks are about to have one amazing, unbelievable season! Emphasis on unbelievable...

the avenger
10-05-2014, 09:54 AM
BOLD - Tony Parker ends up banging the new female coach on the Spurs coaching staff.

LMFAO!!!

the avenger
10-05-2014, 10:08 AM
My BOLD and BALD predictions:

1/ both IND and MIA fail to make the playoffs

2/ a rejuvenated Amare Stoudemire averages 20+ ppg again

3/ Spurs ' TP, Manu and TD finally decline

4/ Kobe scores 25ppg

5/ Phoenix Suns make the playoffs as 5th or 6th seed

6/ Garnett retires before the end of the season

7/ Derrick Rose fails big time

8/ Michael Beasley steps up and wins MIP

9/ Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh fall back big time

10/ Kevin Love scores less than 17ppg

11/ Steve Nash leads the league in APG

12/ Anthony Davis wins the MVP award

13/ Eric Bledsoe makes the all nba second team

14/ Georgui Deng leads the NBA in reb and makes the all nba first team

15/ Paul George makes an early comeback and chokes

16/ Hornacek wins coach of the year

17/ Carmelo Anthony gets traded the LA Lakers

mightybosstone
10-05-2014, 10:39 AM
2/ a rejuvenated Amare Stoudemire averages 20+ ppg again
5/ Phoenix Suns make the playoffs as 5th or 6th seed
8/ Michael Beasley steps up and wins MIP
10/ Kevin Love scores less than 17ppg
11/ Steve Nash leads the league in APG
12/ Anthony Davis wins the MVP award
13/ Eric Bledsoe makes the all nba second team
I seriously doubt any of these happen, but they're not impossible. I'd put the odds at most of these happening at less than 10 percent. Some of them (like Beasley winning MIP, Stoudemire averaging 20+ PPG and Bledose making NBA 2nd Team) I'd put at less than 5 percent.

17/ Carmelo Anthony gets traded the LA Lakers
Now this one I see as extremely, extremely unlikely. Like less than a 1 percent chance of happening. If Melo wanted to go to LA, he could have done so in free agency. And if the Knicks didn't want Melo, they could have let him walk to made a sign and trade with him to another team. Basically, the chances of him getting traded at all are slim to none and of all the teams that Melo could get traded to, the Lakers would not be among the most likely. LA doesn't even have remotely enough assets to make that deal work, and why would Melo want to go there in the first place.

But again.... This isn't the craziest thing I've ever heard.

And then I read this. This is easily the craziest prediction in this thread by a mile. You're basically suggesting that a player who averaged 5/5 last season in only 14 minutes per game is going to be the best center in the NBA. Do you realize that Deng isn't even the starting center on his own team? Or that per 36 minutes last year, he averaged only 13 points with a 53% TS%? Even in the 15 games he did start last season, he was only a 12/12 guy. So even if he did start and played significantly better than last season, he's probably not remotely close to the top 5-7 centers in the league.

I just don't know why someone would suggest something this crazy. Sure, he played great in the World Cup and had a solid start to the end of last season, but I wouldn't even rank him in my top 15 centers in the league.

Goose17
10-05-2014, 10:43 AM
Mtb you're such a killjoy sometimes.

mightybosstone
10-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Mtb you're such a killjoy sometimes.

:shrug: It's a public forum on the Internet. If you don't want to get criticized, don't say stupid ****.

(Also, it's MBT. ;)

Goose17
10-05-2014, 11:02 AM
:shrug: It's a public forum on the Internet. If you don't want to get criticized, don't say stupid ****.

(Also, it's MBT. ;)

LOL... you don't need to criticise people in threads like this. None of these suggestions are serious, none of yours were serious I hope. It's BOLD predictions for a reason. This is supposed to be light hearted fun you don't need to analyze every single comment, we know it's unlikely that's why it's called a bold prediction not an obvious prediction.

Not everyone visits forums to have arguments all the time, we're not all like you. Some of us come here to unwind and have a bit of banter.

mightybosstone
10-05-2014, 11:07 AM
LOL... you don't need to criticise people in threads like this. None of these suggestions are serious, none of yours were serious I hope. It's BOLD predictions for a reason. This is supposed to be light hearted fun you don't need to analyze every single comment, we know it's unlikely that's why it's called a bold prediction not an obvious prediction.

Not everyone visits forums to have arguments all the time, we're not all like you. Some of us come here to unwind and have a bit of banter.

I did believe all the things I said in this thread. Why make a bold prediction if you don't, yourself, believe it? If you type something on this forum and don't qualify it by saying something like "I don't think this is really going to happen, but it's possible," then I'm going to assume that you mean it.

And I come on here to unwind, too. But I view PSD as more of an outlet for sports conversation and debate than a place to necessarily chill out and relax.

Goose17
10-05-2014, 11:16 AM
I did believe all the things I said in this thread. Why make a bold prediction if you don't, yourself, believe it? If you type something on this forum and don't qualify it by saying something like "I don't think this is really going to happen, but it's possible," then I'm going to assume that you mean it.

And I come on here to unwind, too. But I view PSD as more of an outlet for sports conversation and debate than a place to necessarily chill out and relax.

LOL... you don't have to believe it to be true to predict it. There's a BIG difference between something being possible and something being probable. If it's possible but not probable that makes it a bold prediction (Atlanta winning 55 games), if it's probable then it isn't bold (OKC - Cleveland final).

These aren't serious comments, they're just for fun.

My bold prediction is James Harden will shave his beard.

Go ahead and analyze that... I mean jesus, lighten up a little. Not every thread has to devolve into some tit for tat argument, it's pathetic. Have some fun.

mightybosstone
10-05-2014, 11:34 AM
LOL... you don't have to believe it to be true to predict it. There's a BIG difference between something being possible and something being probable. If it's possible but not probable that makes it a bold prediction (Atlanta winning 55 games), if it's probable then it isn't bold (OKC - Cleveland final).

These aren't serious comments, they're just for fun.

My bold prediction is James Harden will shave his beard.
Then you and I have completely different interpretations of the point of a "bold prediction." If I make a bold prediction, it's something that would be surprising to the majority of fans but that I actually believe will happen or at the very least, it's an educated guess at something that could feasibly happen that would be unlikely. Unusual things happen every single season. Hell, the Suns almost made the playoffs last year in the West. That certainly would have been a bold prediction a year ago.

If you don't honestly, remotely believe in the predictions you're making, then why not just type anything? Based on your logic, my bold prediction for the season is that the Rockets will go 82-0, Harden will win the MVP, Dwight will win DPOY and the Rockets will sweep the Cavs in the Finals. That's certainly bold, right?

Go ahead and analyze that... I mean jesus, lighten up a little. Not every thread has to devolve into some tit for tat argument, it's pathetic. Have some fun.
It's not pathetic. It's what I come here to do. Occasionally I come on PSD just for the sake of screwing around. Like in the Rockets thread or in PSD re-draft games or in the occasional thread where it's warranted. But I rarely post on PSD to just screw around and talk about dumb ****. I can do that in real life with my friends and family or I can go to Reddit or other sites for that kind of thing. I come here to debate sports, because I don't really have an outlet to do that in the real world. And I really like debating sports. That's fun for me.

How about you just have your philosophy on this forum and I'll have mine and we just keep living our lives the way we were living them? :)

todu82
10-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Cleveland doesn't finish 1st in the East. Wiggins leads Minnesota to a playoff spot.

albertajaysfan
10-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Then you and I have completely different interpretations of the point of a "bold prediction." If I make a bold prediction, it's something that would be surprising to the majority of fans but that I actually believe will happen or at the very least, it's an educated guess at something that could feasibly happen that would be unlikely. Unusual things happen every single season. Hell, the Suns almost made the playoffs last year in the West. That certainly would have been a bold prediction a year ago.

If you don't honestly, remotely believe in the predictions you're making, then why not just type anything? Based on your logic, my bold prediction for the season is that the Rockets will go 82-0, Harden will win the MVP, Dwight will win DPOY and the Rockets will sweep the Cavs in the Finals. That's certainly bold, right?

It's not pathetic. It's what I come here to do. Occasionally I come on PSD just for the sake of screwing around. Like in the Rockets thread or in PSD re-draft games or in the occasional thread where it's warranted. But I rarely post on PSD to just screw around and talk about dumb ****. I can do that in real life with my friends and family or I can go to Reddit or other sites for that kind of thing. I come here to debate sports, because I don't really have an outlet to do that in the real world. And I really like debating sports. That's fun for me.

How about you just have your philosophy on this forum and I'll have mine and we just keep living our lives the way we were living them? :)

You are unwinding in here?

Anyways pretty sure he is just trying to get you to tone down the aggression that you present towards people. This thread is supposed to fun. Other threads are about serious discussion. Isn't it important for this forum to have both options?

Bruno
10-06-2014, 12:06 AM
The Hornets lock up HCA in round one and Davis wins MVP.
The Bulls lock up HCA throughout the EC playoffs, but lose to Cleveland in the ECF.
Oladipo averages 20/5/5 and wins MIP.
Giannis matches the hype after ASG weekend and looks poised to be in the 2016 ASG.
Kobe averages 23-4-4 and the Lakers become last years Phoenix suns.
The Spurs lose to a healthy OKC squad in the WCF
Alec Burks becomes a premier wing scorer for the Utah Jazz, and Rudy Gobert ends the season as Utahs starter.
Durant/LBJ finals part II.
Memphis blows up the grizzlies and begins to rebuild (including a possible Marc Gasol sign and trade).

you said bold!

Master Mind
10-06-2014, 12:38 AM
Heat/Mavs 2014 Finals :D

Seriously :eyebrow:

albertajaysfan
10-06-2014, 12:41 AM
The Hornets lock up HCA in round one and Davis wins MVP.
The Bulls lock up HCA throughout the EC playoffs, but lose to Cleveland in the ECF.
Oladipo averages 20/5/5 and wins MIP.
Giannis matches the hype after ASG weekend and looks poised to be in the 2016 ASG.
Kobe averages 23-4-4 and the Lakers become last years Phoenix suns.
The Spurs lose to a healthy OKC squad in the WCF
Alec Burks becomes a premier wing scorer for the Utah Jazz, and Rudy Gobert ends the season as Utahs starter.
Durant/LBJ finals part II.
Memphis blows up the grizzlies and begins to rebuild (including a possible Marc Gasol sign and trade).

you said bold!

This name change stuff is so weird. I assume you are referring to the Pelicans.

PacersForLife
10-06-2014, 02:22 AM
Pacers win at least 42 games.

George Hill has a big year.

Mavs make the WCF.

Lance Stephenson struggles to fit in with Charlotte.

Paul George comes back towards the end of the year.

Thumper 88
10-06-2014, 12:13 PM

But since you asked,

The Mavs were even worse defensively last year on paper.. How did that go?

Goose17
10-06-2014, 12:24 PM
The Mavs were even worse defensively last year on paper.. How did that go?

They scraped into the playoffs and were one loss away from missing them entirely?

No they weren't worse defensively on paper last year. Parsons is a downgrade defensively. Felton and Calderon are equally crap but Felton also happens to be fat and slow.

They're going to be one of the bottom 5 defensive teams in the West and will miss the playoffs.

Corey
10-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Marcus Smart will be the most impressive rookie until Rondo comes back and takes his minutes.

DemarDerozan
10-06-2014, 01:08 PM
While walking off the court Kyrie Irving will throw his jersey into the stands then pull of his realistic face mask to reveal that he is actually Gilbert Arenas.

DemarDerozan
10-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Bold prediction #2.

Exum will play most of the season in the D-League.

Julius Randle wins ROY.

DemarDerozan
10-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Bold Prediction #3

John Wall wins Finals MVP

marjon
10-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Kyrie Irving wins 1st NBA MVP award

Derrick Rose wins Comeback Player Of The Year honors

Stephan Curry wins NBA's scoring title

Cody Zeller wins Most Improved Player Of the Year award

Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins will split NBA Rookie of the Year award

Lebron James finally wins Defensive Player of the Year award

Harrison Barnes wins 6th man of the Year award

Steve Van Gundy wins NBA Coach of the Year award

Anthony Davis wins ASG MVP

Clippers vs Thunder in WCF where Russell Westbrook dominates Chris Paul off pure athleticism

Cavs vs Hornets in ECF where Lance Stephenson blows in Lebron James other ear causing him to Flop in attempt to draw a foul. Lebron gets fined by the League and is a YouTube star because of it.

Hornets defeat Thunder in NBA Finals where Michael Kidd Gilchrist frustrates Kevin Durant with his pesky Defense and athleticism thus becoming new version of 04 Pistons for 1st ever NBA title

Kemba Walker wins Finals MVP and Jordan wins his 7th Championship, 1st as NBA Owner

Now that's some Bold stuff right there!!

DemarDerozan
10-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Bold prediction #4

Westbrook gets hurt again.
Durant scores 82 points vs the Sixers.

spreadeagle
10-06-2014, 01:19 PM
I really like Dallas with Chandler coming back...NBA champs once again?
Nerlens Noel wins rookie of the year also

DemarDerozan
10-06-2014, 01:21 PM
MVP- CP3
DPOY- Drummond
ROY- Randle
COY- Hornacek
Sixth Man- Isaiah Thomas

Thumper 88
10-06-2014, 02:18 PM
They scraped into the playoffs and were one loss away from missing them entirely?

No they weren't worse defensively on paper last year. Parsons is a downgrade defensively. Felton and Calderon are equally crap but Felton also happens to be fat and slow.

They're going to be one of the bottom 5 defensive teams in the West and will miss the playoffs.
I'll give you matrix over Parsons but Tyson over dalenbare negates that. Fenton is 20x better then Jose.. Hell I might be better than Jose

DemarDerozan
10-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Bold Prediction #5

Houston Rockets and Memphis Grizzlies miss the playoffs

New Orleans and Phoenix take their spots

Goose17
10-06-2014, 02:41 PM
I'll give you matrix over Parsons

:nod:

but Tyson over dalenbare negates that.

:confused: Tyson is better sure but not by much, this isn't the same Chandler that left Dallas, he's on the wrong side of his peak. And one solid defender isn't enough in the West, might have worked out East but it won't work out West.

. Fenton is 20x better then Jose.. Hell I might be better than Jose

:pity:

Felton is AWFUL. He's as bad as Jose defensively in terms of vision and talent, on top of that he's a fat slow piece of crap. Felton is utter garbage. They would be better cutting him and bringing up a D-leaguer.

the avenger
10-06-2014, 03:27 PM
And then I read this. This is easily the craziest prediction in this thread by a mile. You're basically suggesting that a player who averaged 5/5 last season in only 14 minutes per game is going to be the best center in the NBA. Do you realize that Deng isn't even the starting center on his own team? Or that per 36 minutes last year, he averaged only 13 points with a 53% TS%? Even in the 15 games he did start last season, he was only a 12/12 guy. So even if he did start and played significantly better than last season, he's probably not remotely close to the top 5-7 centers in the league.

I just don't know why someone would suggest something this crazy. Sure, he played great in the World Cup and had a solid start to the end of last season, but I wouldn't even rank him in my top 15 centers in the league. We'll just see about Deng, won't we? I guess you haven't noticed his potential the way I have...

2-ONE-5
10-06-2014, 03:42 PM
you are out of your mind if you think Deng will put up anything close to those numbers, starter or not. thats not even bold thats just crazy

Thumper 88
10-06-2014, 04:47 PM
:nod:

:confused: Tyson is better sure but not by much, this isn't the same Chandler that left Dallas, he's on the wrong side of his peak. And one solid defender isn't enough in the West, might have worked out East but it won't work out West.

:pity:

Felton is AWFUL. He's as bad as Jose defensively in terms of vision and talent, on top of that he's a fat slow piece of crap. Felton is utter garbage. They would be better cutting him and bringing up a D-leaguer.

I can see Nelson or Harris starting over felton

mightybosstone
10-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Bold Prediction #3

John Wall wins Finals MVP

To win the Finals MVP, the Wizards would have to win the Finals. Even if they were to get through the Eastern Conference, do you really think they're better than the best in the West? I just don't buy the Wiz as legitimate contenders at this point.

mightybosstone
10-06-2014, 06:08 PM
We'll just see about Deng, won't we? I guess you haven't noticed his potential the way I have...

There's a difference between potential and superstardom and you're predicting the latter. I could see Deng being a really good NBA center. Hell, if Pekovic goes down and Deng were to play extremely well in his absence, I wouldn't even rule out the possibility of Deng somehow sneaking into the All-Star game. But there's a massive difference between making the All-Star team and being an All-NBA 1st team selection. And Pekovic would have to miss damn near the entire season for Deng to even have a remote shot to be an All-Star in the first place.

WaDe03
10-06-2014, 10:59 PM
Dieng*

marjon
10-07-2014, 04:51 PM
I got the boldest predictions so far. Most of ya'll are just pretending to be ... "The Epic Homer"

xbrackattackx
10-07-2014, 07:29 PM
Dieng*

I know, I was like Deng plays SF not center! Lol

beasted86
10-07-2014, 07:45 PM
1. Pau sits in the fourth quarter much like Boozer
2. Duncan gets injured and Spurs miss the playoffs
3. Mavericks go to the Finals
4. Kevin Durant trade demands start behind the scenes
5. All East playoff teams finish above .500

P-O-Z
10-08-2014, 12:00 AM
- Wade in his last big hurrah will finish top 3 in MVP and miami will win division to go with the 3 seed.
- Cleveland wins 60+ games
- Clippers make finals
- Rose has a fully healthy season and leads bulls to finals over the Cavs in the ECF.
- The decline of the spurs starts now. (Just my gut, which pains me as an avid NBA fan)
- Phoenix finishes top 5 in the west.
- Durant wins MVP again but fails to beat Clippers in second round.
- Bulls beat Clippers in a 6 game series, Rose wins Finals MVP.
- Anthony Davis leads pelicans to 8th seed.

Redrum187
10-08-2014, 12:06 AM
John Wall cements himself as a top 3 PG in the league.

OKC loses in the first round.

Dragic declines from his really good season last year.

Dirk Nowitzki shows he's still top 2 PF in the league.

WaDe03
10-08-2014, 12:31 AM
I know, I was like Deng plays SF not center! Lol

Me too I usually don't care about that stuff but it was getting out of hand lol.

Shareeb_omac2
10-08-2014, 04:25 AM
Golden State misses the playoffs.

mightybosstone
10-08-2014, 08:24 AM
Golden State misses the playoffs.

Dallas misses the playoffs and Mark Cuban gets a concussion when a crazed fan hits him in the head with a rock. A Rockets fan. Okay, it's gonna be me...

Thumper 88
10-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Dwight and Harden get married in Vegas then soon after Dwight forces Harden to fix his teeth.

mightybosstone
10-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Dwight and Harden get married in Vegas then soon after Dwight forces Harden to fix his teeth.
I just hope they televise the wedding. I'm sure it will be a beautiful ceremony.

Goose17
10-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Kobe and Nash stay healthy, Lakers miss the playoffs but Kobe wins the scoring title. Nash proves he still has value.

mightybosstone
10-08-2014, 11:14 AM
Kobe and Nash stay healthy, Lakers miss the playoffs but Kobe wins the scoring title. Nash proves he still has value.
I don't think Kobe will win the scoring title, but I think he'll finish in the top 5-7. I would love to see Nash stay healthy and maybe see the Lakers deal him at the trade deadline to a contender to make one more run at a title.

Goose17
10-08-2014, 11:24 AM
I don't think Kobe will win the scoring title, but I think he'll finish in the top 5-7. I would love to see Nash stay healthy and maybe see the Lakers deal him at the trade deadline to a contender to make one more run at a title.

Nash is my favourite player of all time, I want to see him win a chip before he retires.

And I doubt Kobe wins it either, I'm just bored, spouting crap.

albertajaysfan
10-08-2014, 11:31 AM
Nash is my favourite player of all time, I want to see him win a chip before he retires.

And I doubt Kobe wins it either, I'm just bored, spouting crap.

Agreed on Nash. Would love to see him help a team win a championship.

If there is one player that could chuck his way to a scoring title it is Kobe on a bad team.

Htownballa1622
10-08-2014, 11:35 AM

Except Harden had braces so he's actually already getting his teeth fixed.

Fail on your part.

Tony_Starks
10-08-2014, 12:06 PM

Fail on your part.

Just jokes man. Relax. Hardens teeth look like the homeless guy at the liquor store.

Htownballa1622
10-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Just jokes man. Relax. Hardens teeth look like the homeless guy at the liquor store.

You're assuming I'm not relaxed.

Cool joke bro. :up:

Thumper 88
10-08-2014, 12:40 PM

Fail on your part.

No fail.. It's funny because you are getting mad it lol

Thumper 88
10-08-2014, 12:41 PM

Lol they are even worse than that hahaha

Htownballa1622
10-08-2014, 01:00 PM
No fail.. It's funny because you are getting mad it lol

oh you caught me. :laugh2::rolleyes::p

JustinTime
10-08-2014, 02:41 PM
After watching Wiggins in preseason I predict he will be ROY.

TrueFan420
10-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Harden will play defense this season
That's not just bold that's crazy talk

2-ONE-5
10-08-2014, 04:07 PM
After watching Wiggins in preseason I predict he will be ROY.

lol really after 1 preseason game? i mean i dont really expect much less from you anyway.

JustinTime
10-08-2014, 07:07 PM
lol really after 1 preseason game? i mean i dont really expect much less from you anyway.

I was skeptical of him because he was much worse than the hype in college but I can tell he's the real deal. He was doing things on defense that 98% of the league couldn't do in his first game and the refs are already giving him superstar treatment on the fouls which means he's in for a great career.

Trwood12
10-08-2014, 08:20 PM
harden will play defense this season
Lol

Trwood12
10-08-2014, 08:25 PM
knicks win championship

i quit drinking

Lakers finish over .500
Maybe you should start with #2. Then go back and read 1 and 3. [emoji23]

Trwood12
10-08-2014, 08:28 PM

I'm a huge Deing-head but c'mon man..

2-ONE-5
10-09-2014, 08:41 AM
I was skeptical of him because he was much worse than the hype in college but I can tell he's the real deal. He was doing things on defense that 98% of the league couldn't do in his first game and the refs are already giving him superstar treatment on the fouls which means he's in for a great career.

again man its ONE preseason game, take it down a few notches.

aLau10
10-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Lakers make playoffs

Mavs vs Bulls finals