PDA

View Full Version : Something has got me thinking (EC standings)

j-bay
09-30-2014, 03:04 PM
Something has got me thinking the last few days, and king4day kind of brought this up as well in the Pierce to DC thread, has your EC standings predictions changed with the recent play of Rose?

kdspurman
09-30-2014, 03:39 PM
I don't look too much into the play of Rose honestly. I just chalk it up to a case of extreme rust. He looks good physically, I think he'll get back into a groove within the first month or 2.

I personally think Chicago will be 1 or 2.

bucketss
09-30-2014, 04:05 PM
nope.

didn't understand the bulls hype than, and i still don't now.

beasted86
09-30-2014, 04:14 PM
I feel like the Bulls are the same team as last year despite what most of their fans think. I think Rose is going to have a DJ Augustine type year...similar stats and impact, maybe 15/5/4 on 41% FG, 32% 3PT. Bulls have a mirrored season to last year record and finish wise.

Rockice_8
09-30-2014, 04:44 PM
Ariza is probably the better player at this point. WAS downgraded with Pierce.

As for CHI. They're going to be solid, always are with TT running the defense. That alone will win them games. CLE, WAS, CHI are probably the 3 best teams in the East with TOR pushing to join the club.

Tony_Starks
09-30-2014, 04:50 PM
I put the Bulls at the top of the EC as soon as Gasol got paired with Noah. Arguably the best 2 passing Bigs in the game.

IKnowHoops
09-30-2014, 05:10 PM
I put the Bulls at the top of the EC as soon as Gasol got paired with Noah. Arguably the best 2 passing Bigs in the game.

Kobe, Dwight and Pau were nothing two years ago. I don't see a two years older Gasol with Noah, and a very rusty Rose being any better. The coach is better so that will help but I just don't see them being able to score enough points against Washington or Cleveland.

Jamiecballer
09-30-2014, 05:23 PM
If rose isn't the same player and he is smart enough to accept it, I still see the bulls as a threat for 1st seed.

slaker619
09-30-2014, 05:38 PM
I see 1. Cavs, 2. Heat, 3.Pacers/Bulls, 4.Wizards, 5.Hawks/Knicks

tking07
09-30-2014, 05:40 PM

Homer much?

Slimsim
09-30-2014, 05:41 PM
Rose will be at mvp type level you will see, he will come up short in mvp race behind Durant and Stephen curry

IKnowHoops
09-30-2014, 07:01 PM
Rose will be at mvp type level you will see, he will come up short in mvp race behind Durant and Stephen curry

I'll bet anything you want that he doesn't finish ahead of Lebron in the MVP voting.

Tony_Starks
09-30-2014, 07:37 PM
Kobe, Dwight and Pau were nothing two years ago. I don't see a two years older Gasol with Noah, and a very rusty Rose being any better. The coach is better so that will help but I just don't see them being able to score enough points against Washington or Cleveland.

You do realize either Kobe, Gasol, Howard were hurt at some point during that season right? Let's not re-write history like they all played together healthy and just didn't get it done.

And the Bulls are going to defend better than that team could ever dream to, regardless of Rose being rusty or not.

goingfor28
09-30-2014, 07:52 PM
Heat 2? Pacers 3? Knicks 5? Whaaaat?

goingfor28
09-30-2014, 07:53 PM
I still say
Cavs
Bulls
Wizards
Hornets
Raptors
Heat
Nets
Hawks

I somehow forgot about Toronto :facepalm:

Silent
09-30-2014, 08:32 PM
If Rose gets Hurt

Cavs
Wizards
Hornets
Bulls
Toronto
Heat
Hawks
Detroit

Healty
Bulls
Cavs
Wizards
Hornets
Toronto
Heat
Hawks
Detroit

TylerSL
09-30-2014, 09:26 PM
IMO

1. Cleveland
2. Chicago
3. Miami
4. Washington
5. Toronto
6. Charlotte
7. New York
8. Atlanta

benzni
09-30-2014, 09:34 PM
Cavs
Wiz
Raps
Bulls
Heat
Hornets
Nets
Hawks

TheGame
10-01-2014, 08:46 PM
You do realize either Kobe, Gasol, Howard were hurt at some point during that season right? Let's not re-write history like they all played together healthy and just didn't get it done.

And the Bulls are going to defend better than that team could ever dream to, regardless of Rose being rusty or not.

And they (kobe) didn't get along with anyone and wouldn't pass.

I expect Gasol to have a pretty good season. But if I had to say a record I think they'd be, it would be like 45 and 37. Mainly because of the coach. I think Thibs is very sastisfied with winning 45 games or so. Also they don't have a guard that can hit an open 15 footer.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Ariza is probably the better player at this point. WAS downgraded with Pierce.

True, but the progression of Wall and Beal might more than make up for that.

TheGame
10-01-2014, 08:51 PM

also they (kobe) didn't get along with anyone

I think Gasol will have a pretty good season. If I had to say a record I think they would be it would be like 45 and 37, mainly because I think Thibs is very sastisfied with winning 45 games. Also they don't have a guard that can hit an open 15 footer.

KNICKS R BACK
10-01-2014, 08:55 PM
no because to me it was never even about Rose's return...i still have the bulls as #1 seed because of the additions of Pau Gasol, DOUG MCDERMOTT, and Mirotic...they finally have some skilled offensive players to mix in with the defense. Rose is obviously icing on the cake but I think they are the #1 seed regardless. Only because Cleveland will need time to gel IMO, i have them as the #2 seed for 2014-15.

Tony_Starks
10-01-2014, 09:04 PM
also they (kobe) didn't get along with anyone

I think Gasol will have a pretty good season. If I had to say a record I think they would be it would be like 45 and 37, mainly because I think Thibs is very sastisfied with winning 45 games. Also they don't have a guard that can hit an open 15 footer.

Do you watch basketball? They have Dunleavy, McBuckets, and Aaron Brooks. This is the most shooting help Rose has ever had.

j-bay
10-01-2014, 09:11 PM
True, but the progression of Wall and Beal might more than make up for that.

Plus they got more depth then last season. Also with Pierce, I think he improves. I think he avg 15.5-16 ppg. He goes from Williams to Wall, who is one of the best playmakers in the game.

TheGame
10-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Do you watch basketball? They have Dunleavy, McBuckets, and Aaron Brooks. This is the most shooting help Rose has ever had.

Dunleavy and Mc whatever his name is are both forwards. Aaron Brooks? hasn't played over 20 games in like 3 years.

colinskik
10-01-2014, 09:36 PM
If rose isn't the same player and he is smart enough to accept it, I still see the bulls as a threat for 1st seed.

For the sake of Bulls fans, they better hope he is the same player because he's certainly not smart enough to do anything. He's got rocks for brains.

ghettosean
10-02-2014, 03:34 PM

I have no words...

BALLER R
10-02-2014, 03:42 PM
If your not putting toronto at 3 or 4 can you at least just put the knicks there. A division winner can not be lower than that. The atlantic will be between those two teams. Also how on earth can anyone have the pacers in the top 5.

I also don't get the bulls homer nonsense. They were a top 5 team without rose, now they add rose and gasol I can see why people have them at 1 or 2. I honestly think 1 or 2 will be between the bulls and cavs. with the Wizards and Raptors fighting for 3rd.

Don't be surprised if the pistons make the playoffs. If the bobcats can get more offense they will be a threat for top 5 also.

Vampirate
10-02-2014, 06:40 PM

Cannot happen a division leader is guaranteed a 4th spot at least, you need to knock someone off the 4 spot at least fr Toronto/New York/Brooklyn.

Vampirate
10-02-2014, 06:41 PM
IMO

1. Cleveland
2. Chicago
3. Miami
4. Washington
5. Toronto
6. Charlotte
7. New York
8. Atlanta
Switch Washington and Toronto, due to Toronto winning the division in your predictions.

Knicks Boogie
10-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Cavs - Too much talent
Wizards - Talent and Deep
Knicks - Healthy and Phil/Fisher triangle
Raptors - No bench, Not enough bigs
Bulls - Rose?, Gasol not a good fit
Miami - Wade?, Deng?, Granger?
Hornets - Lance not that good
Pistons - Lots of talent.... better coach

koreancabbage
10-03-2014, 12:03 AM
Cavs - Too much talent
Wizards - Talent and Deep
Knicks - Healthy and Phil/Fisher triangle
Raptors - No bench, Not enough bigs
Bulls - Rose?, Gasol not a good fit
Miami - Wade?, Deng?, Granger?
Hornets - Lance not that good
Pistons - Lots of talent.... better coach

no offense but the Knicks have no bigs or depth after the 6th man either lol

dalton749
10-03-2014, 12:53 AM
This dude just said Toronto has no bench lmao. That statement is worse than thinking the Knicks will win 50 games