PDA

View Full Version : NBA RD Playoffs Conf. Semi's (2) Brampton vs (3) Kansas City.

Matter.
09-29-2014, 10:26 PM
Every summer, PSD holds a game where GM's re-draft players to see who creates the best team. This year, users from the site had to utilize their skills via draft, trades. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2014 NBA Re-Draft

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

Brampton has Homecourt Advantage.

Brampton

PG: Isaiah Thomas/Mario Chalmers
SG: Ray Allen/Randy Foye
SF: Lebron James/Tobias Harris
PF: Ryan Anderson/Nick Collison
C: Tyson Chandler/Nazr Mohammed

vs

Kansas City

PG: Jose Calderon | Patty Mills
SG: Dwyane Wade | Gary Neal | Marcus Thornton
SF: Kawhi Leonard | Marcus Morris
PF: Markieff Morris | Marcus Morris
C: Andre Dummond | Tyler Hansbrough

Neither Team Sent in a Writeup.

Redrum187
09-29-2014, 11:16 PM
I honestly have no idea. I'm leaning towards Brampton until I hear a convincing argument.

mightybosstone
09-30-2014, 12:06 AM
It's Brampton and I honestly don't think it would be very close. If this were Wade from four years ago or Drummond from four years from now, this might be a different discussion. But Brampton is clearly the superior team at this stage in those players' careers.

Sadds The Gr8
09-30-2014, 12:08 AM
Some points as to why we'd win.

1. Calderon guarding Thomas is a total mismatch. Isaiah averages 18.5 ppg on 45.5% in their h2h matchups and we all know jose is averages tremendously bad defender. KC doesn't have the guards to what handle Isaiah throughout a series.

2. Dwyane Wade is still very good and may have pretty good series overall but is "pretty good" enough to beat us? Wade has shown that he couldn't handle the secondary scoring load consistently the last 2 playoff runs he's had so how will he fair as the teams #1? He doesn't have the legs to be what he was 5 years ago and could break down by the end of the series. He'll have success during the possessions that ray Allen guards him but lebron will guard him in the 4th quarter and he will be stopped cold just like he has against Paul George and Kawhi Leonard last year.

3. Kawhi may be the best lbj defender in the league next to Paul George but It still wouldn't slow lebron down much. Lebron has had excellent series the last 2 years vs the spurs and although Kawhi guards him well, "limiting" lebron is definitely not the reason the heat lost last year. They lost because of an all time great offense and 3pt shooting, and KC doesn't have those weapons to the level that San Antonio does. Lebron is capable of big numbers vs Kawhi just like last year. Kawhi doesn't have the benefit of having the better teammates this time

4. Andre Drummond has the appealing stats but is still a very flawed player. He's pathetic at the FT line and will kill his trams possessions when the hackashaq strategy is applied. Although he has the tools to be a great defender, he has still not a very good one at this point In his career. He couldn't anchor the defense at the all last year and was apart of a horrible Detroit defense. He gets his blocks but is far from a great rim protector like a Marc gasol or hibbert.

Although Tyson a had a bad year last year for his standard, there Is still evidence of him being In a top defender in the league and being on a contender should bring him at least close to that level. We feel that during a series, Tyson has the advantage at Center with his experience, defense, and just being an overall less flawed player than Drummond

Kaner
09-30-2014, 01:28 AM
It's Brampton and I honestly don't think it would be very close. If this were Wade from four years ago or Drummond from four years from now, this might be a different discussion. But Brampton is clearly the superior team at this stage in those players' careers.

I think it's a helluva lot closer then your giving it credit for Kansas City easily has the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best players in the series. If Brampton gets the same exact Ray Allen as last season he'd be the worst starters in the playoffs. Except in this he's a year older and a month or 2 shy of 40.

Calderon on Thomas is obvious mismatch but Thomas hasn't shown any off-ball skills so far in his career and his offense rely's on him creating for himself first and passing 2nd, his role in their offense next to Lebron would be forced in a similar way to Wade's was in Miami except he's not as good. His impact next to lebron is going to be limited.

Ryan Anderson is a perfect stretch 4 next to Lebron but Markieff is a good stretch 4 in his own right (although more of the 20ft variety) and they're per 36 production and advanced stats were nearly identical last season

Drummond would abuse the boards all series long he's only getting better while Tyson was noticeably slower last season, he could already be the best rebounder to come around since Rodman except he's better at finishing in the post.

Obviously the key matchup of the series is Leonard and Lebron, he limited Lebron in the playoffs when it mattered and if he does it again in this series then Kansas City wins. I think no matter what this series is going 6 or 7 games.

Sadds The Gr8
09-30-2014, 02:56 AM
I think it's a helluva lot closer then your giving it credit for Kansas City easily has the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best players in the series. If Brampton gets the same exact Ray Allen as last season he'd be the worst starters in the playoffs. Except in this he's a year older and a month or 2 shy of 40.

Calderon on Thomas is obvious mismatch but Thomas hasn't shown any off-ball skills so far in his career and his offense rely's on him creating for himself first and passing 2nd, his role in their offense next to Lebron would be forced in a similar way to Wade's was in Miami except he's not as good. His impact next to lebron is going to be limited.

Ryan Anderson is a perfect stretch 4 next to Lebron but Markieff is a good stretch 4 in his own right (although more of the 20ft variety) and they're per 36 production and advanced stats were nearly identical last season

Drummond would abuse the boards all series long he's only getting better while Tyson was noticeably slower last season, he could already be the best rebounder to come around since Rodman except he's better at finishing in the post.

Obviously the key matchup of the series is Leonard and Lebron, he limited Lebron in the playoffs when it mattered and if he does it again in this series then Kansas City wins. I think no matter what this series is going 6 or 7 games.
How would Isaiah be limited next to lebron? Lebron can clearly play with other ball handlers so I dont know where that notion comes from. 2 ball handlers is a luxury and it's a perfect fit considering ray Allen doesn't need the ball.

Plus Drummond would be pretty much unplayable in 4th quarters like DeAndre Jordan because of ft shooting. You're over rating drummond. Solid stat guy but not close to an elite rim protector and no playoff experience

Kawhi never limited lebron lol. He had great numbers in the finals and was easily the best player In the finals last year

Ebbs
09-30-2014, 01:23 PM
brampton by a nudge.

valade16
09-30-2014, 01:58 PM
Wade may not be the Wade of old however knowing he'll be guarded by Ray Allen I'm sure he would be able to get to the rim at will.

The downfall is their frontcourt is built too similar to the Bron's team to really create any mistmatches there. It comes down to Wade carrying an offense of supporting role players vs. LeBron carrying an offense that has IT to take pressure off him.

mightybosstone
09-30-2014, 11:01 PM
This may be the case, but the difference between the 2nd best player and the 5th best player in this series is far, far closer than the difference between the best player in the series and the second best player. I actually don't think Thomas, Chandler and Anderson are that far behind Wade, Leonard and Drummond.

Except Thomas is a pretty damn good perimeter shooter and Wade never has been. I think he's a far better fit next to Lebron than Wade every was.

Yeah, but Anderson is probably the best stretch 4 in the game outside of Dirk and Love. He's capable of giving you 15-20 every night while stretching the floor for penetrators like Lebron and IT. And he's in an ideal spot playing next to Lebron and Allen. Markieff is a pretty solid young player, but he's a long way from being on Anderson's level and he's not even a 30+ minute per night starter yet.

Chandler was also pretty banged up. Even if he's only 75% the Tyson Chandler he was at his peak in Dallas and New York, that's still arguably as good a basketball player as Drummond, who's still incredibly raw and is a liability on the free throw line. Plus, I trust Chandler as a veteran in the postseason more than I trust a young guy.

If your version of "limiting" Lebron is him averaging 28/8/4/2 on a 67.9% TS% like he did against the Spurs last year, then color me unimpressed. There is no player in the league that can truly limit Lebron to a point where it would have that significant an impact on a series anymore. You can't beat Lebron. You have to beat the players around him, and I don't think Kansas City can do that.

Shammyguy3
10-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Similar to the Tijuana matchup, kansas City winning this wouldn't surprise me but i have to go with Brampton

PatsSoxKnicks
10-01-2014, 08:43 PM
MBT seems to have forgot Kawhi won Finals MVP last year...Anyways, no point in really arguing since this is over.

mightybosstone
10-01-2014, 08:57 PM
MBT seems to have forgot Kawhi won Finals MVP last year...Anyways, no point in really arguing since this is over.

I'm aware he won Finals MVP. I wasn't living under a rock in May and June. But a lot of guys have won Finals MVPs that were hardly the best or second best players on their respective teams. I like Leonard, but the guy is crazy overrated on PSD. If he was KC's third or fourth option offensively, I'd have no problem with that, but he's essentially got to be the No. 2 guy on this roster and the No. 1 isn't that strong. And it's not as if there's a great No. 3 behind him in case he or Wade can't carry the load.

KC fits nicely together, and I think they would be pretty good, albeit not great, defensively, but I have questions about how reliable that squad would be offensively and I don't trust them nearly as much as I trust Brampton to consistently put up points over the course of a seven-game series.

KnicksorBust
10-02-2014, 11:25 AM

not you too... :pity: