PDA

View Full Version : NBA RD Playoffs Conf. Semi's (1) Seattle vs (4) Minneapolis

Matter.
09-29-2014, 10:15 PM
Every summer, PSD holds a game where GM's re-draft players to see who creates the best team. This year, users from the site had to utilize their skills via draft, trades. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2014 NBA Re-Draft

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

Seattle has Homecourt Advantage.

Seattle

PG: Jeff Teague (33) + Cory Joseph (15)
SG: JJ Redick (25) + Alan Anderson (23)
SF: Luol Deng (33) + Martell Webster (15) + Mirza Teletovic (if needed)
PF: Zach Randolph (33) + Mirza Teletovic (10) + Andrew Nicholson (5)
C: Marc Gasol (35) + Andrew Nicholson (13)

vs

Minneapolis

C: Al Jefferson l Kosta Koufos
PF: Josh Smith l Brandan Wright
SF: Corey Brewer l Draymond Green
SG: Kyle Korver l Chris Douglas-Roberts
PG: Kyle Lowry l Pablo Prigioni

Neither Team Sent in a Writeup

Ebbs
09-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Minny for me

mightybosstone
09-30-2014, 11:25 PM
Wow.... This got posted more than 24 hours ago and absolutely no debate? Pathetic. I'm just going to go ahead and vote for Minneapolis. I was leaning that way anyway, and if neither side gives enough ****s to make a case for themselves, I won't bother waiting.

Shammyguy3
10-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Another really good matchup. It woudl go 6 or 7 games but I take Minnesota because I trust Lowry more than Teague down the stretch

Redrum187
10-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Another really good matchup. It woudl go 6 or 7 games but I take Minnesota because I trust Lowry more than Teague down the stretch

I don't have an issue with you trusting Lowry down the stretch, but I don't trust Josh Smith down the stretch for the step back 3 point shot with triple defenders on him.

Shammyguy3
10-01-2014, 06:04 PM
lol yeah good point

TO Rapz
10-01-2014, 11:26 PM
I have no issues with debating. No one said anything about my team and I've been busy, so...

To sum up matchups.

His best player is AlJeff and I feel like Marc can lock him down. It's really that simple lol, Lowry is great but how far is he going to be able to carry that team? Korver stretches the floor incredibly well and is an immense weapon but he can't create on his own. Josh Smith IMO is one of the worst starters in the league. I'm probably being unfair to him but I hate his game. He's more of a cancer to a team than a contributor regardless of his athleticism. His IQ is ******** and he puts up awful shots way too much. Who's to say that changes?

I just feel like with Al being not great on the defensive end, while Marc is a great defensive centre, that matchup favouring me is a huge problem for his side because of the lack of a #3 option.

I don't have a true superstar on my team and neither does he, it comes down to which team is more balanced and I feel comfortable saying my team is. The front court is proven to be dominant in real life, Reddick and Korver both play incredibly similar roles for each team.

With myself having the front court advantage, I feel like the difference between Deng and Brewer is much larger than the difference between Lowry and Teague (especially after Teague's playoffs).

BranWingss
10-01-2014, 11:27 PM
I like Seattle here... Mobile... Can't votr

TO Rapz
10-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Just to put the Al Jeff vs Marc Gasol matchup into perspective:

Al Jeff vs Memphis in his first game:

31 minutes, 6 points, 9 boards, 2 turnovers, 2-13 shooting

Al Jeff vs Memphis in his second game:

27 minutes, 17 points, 7 boards, 0 turnovers, 7-17 shooting

In the first game he was awful. In the second game, if he wants to score at that efficiency, by all means. I know, sample size but it's a reference none the less.

Both these games were last year.

TO Rapz
10-01-2014, 11:42 PM
Last year with Utah, Jeff vs Marc:

29 minutes, 5-10 shooting, 11 points, 10 boards, 3 turnovers

33 minutes, 8-17 shooting, 21 points, 8 boards, 3 turnovers

38 minutes, 7-16 shooting, 14 points, 5 boards, 1 turnover

tredigs
10-02-2014, 05:23 AM
Hhahah wtf fellas... why would you sticky a thread concerning a couple teams that two losers made who would not even muster the ambition to back up their squads with the simplest of write ups? And this #1 seed Seatle team still cracks me up.

This forum is a wreck.

edit: @TO Rapz represented his team... therefore despite me reading neither squads players or 9/10ths of his argument... he gets my vote. That said, I will not actually take the time to click his name.

Killerjug
10-02-2014, 09:56 AM
I have also been super busy lately also and don't really have the passion to type up a huge write up but I'll also go with a couple points

1. To all the Josh Smith haters, yes he is not good offensively and last year especially offensively he sucked. Let's not act like he completely kills teams as he as been to the 2nd round of the playoffs several times. Also, he still brings great defense which is exactly what I am looking for. He put up 2.5 defensive win shares on a terrible defensive team in Detroit, put up solid defensive RAPM numbers and was still and average player according to Hollingers and ESPN's real plus minus stats

2. Who is going to be the go guy in the Seattle Offense. Is the offense balanced, sure, but it is full of a #2 and a bunch of #3 options offensively. Marc Gasol will do alright but lets not pretend like he is going to torch big Al. Lowry will be able to slow down Teague, and Smoove will be able to slow down Randolph as well. On offense, you even admit yourself the small sample size then try to prove it as example? Seems a bit hypocritical. I'm not expecting Al to go off against Marc because it won't happen, but I don't expect him to be completely shut down. I think that Lowry and Korver would be lethal in this series with Jeff Teague and JJ Redick guarding them.

3. May seem silly but I believe this is a close series and could come down to the benches. I feel my bench is pretty easily superior to Seattle's and could make a huge difference. Draymond is a legit defender of the bench and could guard sf's or pf's when needed. Brandon Wright last year was insanely efficient, and with Andrew Nicholson and Mirza Teletovic coming off the bench for Seattle, I don't see him slowing down Brandon Wright as well. Also Prigioni was also insanely efficient when he got to play last year as well and Kosta Koufus who is a proven defensive commodity.

All in all I think I have the better go to options that could take over a series, a better bench, and some matchups that could play into my favor

KnicksorBust
10-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Seattle's bench is terrible but I still think they win one more series. I don't see Al Jeff/Josh Smith working nearly as well as the Memphis duo. I'm getting sick of seeing these "neither team submitted a write-up" matchups though. Even a no research summary of your team's advantages would take what 5-10 minutes to type up? Let's give it a try...

started at 11:13am and GO!

Seattle
Would like to congratulate on Minneapolis on making it to the 2nd round but we believe that Seattle is just too balanced for them. Our frontline is the most cohesive in the redraft and would continue to gel together in the post-season. Gasol is a great passer out of the high post and both can back down smaller players and score down low. Meanwhile Josh Smith has been horribly inefficient for many years and takes too many bad shots. Our backcourt provides plenty of spacing as Teague and Reddick are both above average 3pt shooters. Deng has always shown to have a respectable mid-range game and his defense is still valuable. We would throw Deng on Lowry for stretches just to throw off his rhythm because they have NO OTHER OFFENSIVE PLAY MAKERS. Korver is purely a spot-up shooter and Brewer is terrible off the dribble. We believe by slowing Lowry down and playing off Josh Smith (who, we repeat, has no jump shot but LOVES TO TAKE THEM) we would have a great advantage in this series. Seattle deserves to advance!

Done! (11:17am)

starting Minneapolis (11:18am) and... GO!

Congratulations to Seattle! Seattle is a talented team but very overrated as a #1 seed and no match for the uptempo style of Minny. With an aggressive point guard like Lowry would like to push the pace. Kyle Korver is one of the best 3pt shooters in NBA History and would be lethal out in transition. Brewer and Josh Smith are both great finishers at the rim and would outrun the past their prime Deng/Zbo. Can Zbo even run the full length of the court anymore? I'd like to see him keep up with the athletic Josh Smith in transition. Meanwhile if the fast break isn't there then we can dump it into Al Jefferson, one of top 3 low post scorers in the NBA. He led the Bobcats to one of the best seasons as their #1 option. In fact both Lowry and Jefferson proved that they could lead their teams to the playoffs. Together they are a great 1-2 punch. Meanwhile, Reddick is a poor man's Korver and Deng looked atrocious for the Cavs last season. He couldn't score and his defense is slipping in a big way. Teague would have a tough time all series keeping Lowry in front of him. With all of these advantages we believe Minneapolis would advance in 6 games. Good luck!

done (11:22am)

TO Rapz
10-02-2014, 12:52 PM
^ I literally said that lol, I just didn't have time to do it. Mind you, this is my first NBA game. I always play MLB and NHL games and in those games we hardly wrote writeups so I didn't know it was a huge deal here.

KnicksorBust
10-03-2014, 05:51 AM
^ I literally said that lol, I just didn't have time to do it. Mind you, this is my first NBA game. I always play MLB and NHL games and in those games we hardly wrote writeups so I didn't know it was a huge deal here.

"Didnt have time" to me is a fake excuse. I did a writeup for both your teams in under 10 minutes. The idea that anyones life is so busy that they dont have 10 minutes is pretty absurd. Especially considering I am sure you had multiple days to do this writeup. Personally I just dont get it. The best part about being on a sports forum is debating. You couldnt get me to admit this at the time but I have beaten teams that were clearly better than mine in matchups just because I kept driving home my arguments and pointing out any weaknesses I could find. Talk about a satisfying win. Thats why I never lost in the first round of any of these games. Now you have guys even voting for the other team. Thats fine and I feel a little bad that you are taking on the brunt of this rant but I just think the forum as a whole seems to be getting worse and this is just another symptom of the disease. (Talk about hyperbole...)