PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn Nets?

lamzoka
09-29-2014, 07:47 PM
What are your expectations from this team?

Beside the JKidd saga, they probably have the quietest offseason in the entire NBA.

TheMightyHumph
09-29-2014, 08:03 PM
What are your expectations from this team?

Beside the JKidd saga, they probably have the quietest offseason in the entire NBA.

Much depends on Deron Williams and Brook Lopez.

Cal827
09-29-2014, 08:15 PM
Much depends on Deron Williams and Brook Lopez.

This. Especially Williams

If Lopez can become Lopez again, Williams is healthy, they can easily be the Atlantic division champ and top 3 in the east.

but....If Williams ankle continues to hamper him, this team will likely be in the last group fighting for the East playoff spot.

JEDean89
09-29-2014, 08:15 PM
i hear ak47 isn't doing great healthwise. i don't really know who their starting SF is.

lamzoka
09-29-2014, 08:28 PM
Me myself im not really expecting much from this team. They lost Paul Pierce, Blatch, Livingston and Reggie Evans. Deron Wiliams is washed up. Lopez cant stay healthy. The best case scenario for them is 7-8 seed and a first rd exit.

Dade County
09-29-2014, 08:43 PM
D Will will clash with Hollins, he will get traded sometime before the new year.

They will try to extend Lopez, he will declined and wait until he can get on the open market.

Then Mikhail leaks a controversial racial comment, & sales the team for 3bil.

ohreally
09-29-2014, 08:48 PM
Me myself im not really expecting much from this team. They lost Paul Pierce, Blatch, Livingston and Reggie Evans. Deron Wiliams is washed up. Lopez cant stay healthy. The best case scenario for them is 7-8 seed and a first rd exit.

Reggie Evans was gone last year. They have a better coach. They got Jarret Jack, Karasev, Bojan, and Markell Brown. Cory Jefforson is athletic. Plumlee is improving. Mirza will get more minutes. At this point, Lopez is back and Deron is said to be looking good.

I don't see that on balance they are any worse than last year. They are actually younger, healthier, more athletic, and have more shooters.

Knicks, on the other hand...

kobe4thewinbang
09-29-2014, 08:49 PM
This. Especially Williams

If Lopez can become Lopez again, Williams is healthy, they can easily be the Atlantic division champ and top 3 in the east.

but....If Williams heart continues to hamper him, this team will likely be in the last group fighting for the East playoff spot.Fixed.

benzni
09-29-2014, 09:03 PM
unless DWill/JJ/Lopez can play great together I don't see them finishing higher than 7th

nycericanguy
09-29-2014, 09:20 PM
They could be a good team, but I think that franchise is just a circus right now. 4 coaches in less than 3 years... I think Dwil has checked out on that team, he even mentioned sarcastically something about all the coaches they've had. I mean wasn't he super excited to have Kidd? and then that immediately goes down the toilet. and the excitement for the new arena has faded... even on PSD the Nets forum has become a ghost town.

Add in further decline from KG & JJ, and Lopez's health issues.

I just don't see that team being too motivated, last year on paper they looked great and then they come out with 44 wins.

Not sure what to expect really, I could see them anywhere from 35 wins to 50.

Cal827
09-29-2014, 10:55 PM
Fixed.

:laugh:

Cal827
09-29-2014, 10:56 PM
D Will will clash with Hollins, he will get traded sometime before the new year.

They will try to extend Lopez, he will declined and wait until he can get on the open market.

Someone Quote Dade here cause this sounds totally possible :laugh:

And doesn't even have to be racist. He leaks anything Anti-American and he's probably done.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
09-30-2014, 12:09 AM
They could be a top 4 team in the East honestly if Deron and Brook stay injury free and play to their potential.

dalton749
09-30-2014, 12:51 AM
They've got a solid team, and a good bench. Would make for a tough out in the playoffs if they can get there.
I feel like they will really struggle with health though, and will go through so many different lineup combos that they struggle to ever get into a rhythm

0nekhmer
09-30-2014, 12:54 AM
they're in the freaking luxury tax, their window of championship is closing quick and are barely fringe first round exit team

lamzoka
09-30-2014, 01:34 AM
Reggie Evans was gone last year. They have a better coach. They got Jarret Jack, Karasev, Bojan, and Markell Brown. Cory Jefforson is athletic. Plumlee is improving. Mirza will get more minutes. At this point, Lopez is back and Deron is said to be looking good.

I don't see that on balance they are any worse than last year. They are actually younger, healthier, more athletic, and have more shooters.

Knicks, on the other hand...

This is not about the Knicks.

TheNumber37
09-30-2014, 02:40 AM
38 wins or so.

D will coming off double ankle surgery.
Paul Pierce, Shuan Livingston and Kidd gone.
KG older

Lionel Hollins is too tough a coach for D will who couldn't handle Avery Johnson

Joe Johnson cant score 20ppg anymore.
I'd like to see Brook put up numbers, but health is always a question mark.

They've got some young nice pieces, but nothing to gel it with it. They will be making trades constantly.

Goose17
09-30-2014, 04:58 AM
Jack was an okay replacement for Livingston.

They might make the playoffs, they're still in the East. But it's looking doubtful.

YAALREADYKNO
09-30-2014, 09:39 AM
6th seed in the east

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-30-2014, 10:06 AM

Even if D Will was on the trade block. What team would want him? Injury prone and over weight.

Deron Williams $19,754,465 $21,042,800 $22,331,135 Third year early termination.

Contract not to exciting. League is loaded with pg depth. Lakers maybe get desperate in 2015 if they miss out on free agency again? Hard to say. Probably a no. Kings? Maybe if it was junk for junk only.

2-ONE-5
09-30-2014, 11:07 AM
dont expect much. 5-7 seed followed by a first round exit

Tony_Starks
09-30-2014, 12:12 PM
I'm probably the only Joe Johnson fan on here, and on the strength of him and Coach Hollins I think they will be a respectable team.....in the east.

Hawkeye15
09-30-2014, 12:18 PM
5-6 seed, 1st round knockout.