PDA

View Full Version : Report: Cavs and Pacers discussing deal for Hibbert

NYKnickFanatic
09-29-2014, 06:16 AM
I'm on my phone, can't post a link. Saw it on blacksportsonline.com. Don't know if that's a worthy site.

Supposedly the deal is rumored to be Waiters, Haywood and a 1st for Hibbert, but are looking to get another team involved to make the salaries work.

Please delete if site isn't reliable.

SanPitte
09-29-2014, 06:54 AM
That's a steep price to pay for cleveland, waiters has great potential AND they add a (probably) late 1st round pick...But a good center is more valuable than a combo guard with potential
The Pacers try to get rid of Hibbert's contract and the Cavs need a big C, so i guess this would benefit both teams

DitchDat
09-29-2014, 07:02 AM
Insane if it happens. He was unmasked last year as not-so-dominant, but a frontcourt of LeBron-Love-Hibbert-Varejao-Thompson is simply unfair.

Goose17
09-29-2014, 07:13 AM
LOL. I hope this happens. Just because it will anger the people that constantly complain about Lebron and his "super teams".

Hibbert is trash though so they really shouldn't do this. Trade Waiters for something more valuable if you're going to trade him at all. Picks or bench depth. That starting 5 is fine as is.

Arch Stanton
09-29-2014, 07:29 AM
They will need some rim protection come playoff time, but not for the regular season. So I'm not sure they'd rush to make this deal right now.

Hugbees
09-29-2014, 07:34 AM
Hibbert will suddenly become the player we expected if he joins the Cavs. Indy really shouldn't bite the bullet just yet, if they are looking to rebuild completely, they should wait around for a better offer.

Sly Guy
09-29-2014, 07:53 AM
go get bynum instead.....(?)

mudvayne387
09-29-2014, 08:01 AM
go get bynum instead.....(?)

Yea because the Bynum to Cleveland thing worked out well the first time ...

JasonJohnHorn
09-29-2014, 08:18 AM
I think a deal with Waiters, Thompson and the rights to Jarrett Jack would be fair (did Jack sign anywhere yet?). The Pacers could fill a few spots with young guys who have potential and a vet point guard if they want to sign him. Or perhaps Thompson and a couple of firsts.

I'm not sure why Varejao isn't in the conversation. If healthy, he's better than Hibbert, so sending him over to Indy with a first and Thompson as injury insurance should be enough too.

Arch Stanton
09-29-2014, 08:22 AM
I think a deal with Waiters, Thompson and the rights to Jarrett Jack would be fair (did Jack sign anywhere yet?). The Pacers could fill a few spots with young guys who have potential and a vet point guard if they want to sign him. Or perhaps Thompson and a couple of firsts.

I'm not sure why Varejao isn't in the conversation. If healthy, he's better than Hibbert, so sending him over to Indy with a first and Thompson as injury insurance should be enough too.

Jack was traded to Brooklyn in July. Cavs won't trade Thompson or AV because they are "LeBron's guys."

SanPitte
09-29-2014, 08:29 AM

so you're saying Thompson, Varejao AND a 1st!? that's too much for Hibbert
Waiters, Haywood + 1st is good enough

prodigy
09-29-2014, 08:55 AM
I pass on this. Hibbert is not very good, waiters is a legit scorer in this leauge. Cavs should just look at a defensive big man who's cheaper.

prodigy
09-29-2014, 08:56 AM

Jack was traded to Brooklyn in July. Cavs won't trade Thompson or AV because they are "LeBron's guys."

So is waiters. Who was the first guy lebron talked too.

Heatcheck
09-29-2014, 08:59 AM
so you're saying Thompson, Varejao AND a 1st!? that's too much for Hibbert
Waiters, Haywood + 1st is good enough

Thompsons ok, Varejao has had 2 good years and Is always hurt, and how high do you think that pick is going to be? Id jump all over it. the question is which hibbert are you getting.

Heatcheck
09-29-2014, 09:00 AM
I pass on this. Hibbert is not very good, waiters is a legit scorer in this leauge. Cavs should just look at a defensive big man who's cheaper.

there aren't a whole lot available.

theducksmuggler
09-29-2014, 09:02 AM
I doubt they do this trade or the Pacers but who know...The Cavs would have a back up plan for when Varejoe gets hurt bound to happen but i think Hibbert would flourish on this team he wouldnt have to run on fastbreaks just get the rebounds and outlet to Lebron and Irving or it would fail horribly and ruin the chance of then becoming a dynasty because he would at to much Salary

mudvayne387
09-29-2014, 09:08 AM
They can have Dalembert + JR Smith for Waiters lol

waveycrockett
09-29-2014, 09:15 AM
If I'm the Pacers I'm looking to make this deal ASAP. It could work out for the Cavs but Hibbert has no confidence now and commands a huge salary for what will be a part time role on the Cavs imo.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-29-2014, 09:17 AM
So basic pieces of the trade is Waiters and Haywood and a late first for Hibbert? That's a no go. Unless the Bogans TPE is involved. But they need a third team most likely. Cause a TPE can only be swapped even up for a player of equal or less salary value. Still about $8M short without Bogans TPE. Doesn't have to be exact but within the 120% rule of trades.

Roy Hibbert $14,898,938 $15,514,031

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/indiana-pacers-team-salary/

Dion Waiters $4,062,000 $5,138,430 $6,777,589
Brendan Haywood $2,213,688 $10,522,500

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/cleveland-cavaliers-team-salary/

JustinTime
09-29-2014, 09:32 AM
They can have Dalembert + JR Smith for Waiters lol

I thought the Cavs were trying to trade all their Canadians not take them back

Wade n Fade
09-29-2014, 10:58 AM
Well, Lebron can get a new expensive trash can.

SanPitte
09-29-2014, 11:14 AM
Thompsons ok, Varejao has had 2 good years and Is always hurt, and how high do you think that pick is going to be? Id jump all over it. the question is which hibbert are you getting.

Varejao should have limited minutes (like 25-30 a game) but he's very helpful when he's not injured
Thompson is more important to the Cavs than Waiters IMO, and Waiters is a bit of a locker room cancer from what i've heard
the pick will be a late 1st, but a 1st nonetheless

you also have to consider the fact that the Pacers want to get rid of Hibbert, so there's no need for the Cavs to offer too much

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-29-2014, 11:26 AM
Varejao should have limited minutes (like 25-30 a game) but he's very helpful when he's not injured
Thompson is more important to the Cavs than Waiters IMO, and Waiters is a bit of a locker room cancer from what i've heard
the pick will be a late 1st, but a 1st nonetheless

you also have to consider the fact that the Pacers want to get rid of Hibbert, so there's no need for the Cavs to offer too much

Well Cavs are close to luxury tax so its not like they can just eat Hibbert large salary while trade tiny salaries. Late first don't have much value. Early second rounds have better value then late first in late 20's. Second rounder's are cheaper and unguaranteed. Waiters is a headcase. AV is injury prone. Doubt Pacers would want AV or Thompson either. Waiters has some value and on rookie deal yet. But still this trade needs a third or fourth team. Also Thompson is a RFA next year. Doubt Pacers wanna get caught up in over paying him long term.

Quinnsanity
09-29-2014, 11:35 AM
For all the people calling Hibbert trash, is there a more perfect destination for him than Cleveland? Absolutely no offensive responsibility, playing next to the league's best rebounder, his sole duty being protecting the rim? Man, I really like that fit. On paper they're perfect for each other.

Captain Moroni
09-29-2014, 11:47 AM
Blacksportsonline? Really? As if BET and blackpeoplemeet weren't prejudice enough.

king4day
09-29-2014, 12:11 PM
Going to close this one until a more legit source comes out.

I heard about this last night and supposedly the source was outted as not having real inside info.
Not to say this isn't legit but let's hold off until we have a more reliable source.

Bruno
09-29-2014, 03:51 PM
if this happened I'd bet the bank on Cleveland. they're a rim protector away from dominating the NBA with ease. don't sleep on Hibbert. perfect buy low opportunity.