PDA

View Full Version : Keith Bogans traded to Philadelphia

#1 Romo fan
09-27-2014, 01:51 PM
Marc Stein just tweeted it. That was fast.

jaydubb
09-27-2014, 01:52 PM
Wha...?

DemarDerozan
09-27-2014, 01:55 PM
Now what is Cleveland after? They get 5.3 mil trade exception.

Hibbert? Dalambert? Larry Sanders? They need a defensive big.

Philly is finally using some cap space LOL. This has to be the worst tank job in recent history. If I was a sixers fan I would boycott the team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11598637/keith-bogans-traded-cleveland-cavaliers-philadelphia-76ers

DemarDerozan
09-27-2014, 02:14 PM
The Sixers now have Shved, JRich, James Anderson, Elliott Williams, and Bogans at the two guard.

With only four bigs on the roster. Byron Mullins and MBah A Moute or Noel being the most likely starters.

Unless MCW becomes all star caliber this year this may be the worst roster of all time.

TheIlladelph16
09-27-2014, 02:23 PM

Philly is finally using some cap space LOL. This has to be the worst tank job in recent history. If I was a sixers fan I would boycott the team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11598637/keith-bogans-traded-cleveland-cavaliers-philadelphia-76ers

I don't know how you'd classify it as the worst tank job in recent history. They got the highest upside player and ROY out of the draft two years ago, a guy who could have been #1 pick in a draft with Wiggins and Parker, and a stud Euro prospect. It's going to be ugly for a year or two here but long term they are making great moves.

akia83
09-27-2014, 02:34 PM
The Sixers now have Shved, JRich, James Anderson, Elliott Williams, and Bogans at the two guard.

With only four bigs on the roster. Byron Mullins and MBah A Moute or Noel being the most likely starters.

Unless MCW becomes all star caliber this year this may be the worst roster of all time.

Bogans will be cut soon. It was just to get a free 2nd round for the Sixers, and a TPE for the Cavs

GunFactor187
09-27-2014, 02:44 PM
Keith Bogans is becoming this offseason's Q-Rich. Lol.

DemarDerozan
09-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Bogans will be cut soon. It was just to get a free 2nd round for the Sixers, and a TPE for the Cavs

Bogans has two years guaranteed $

slaker619
09-27-2014, 04:33 PM
Not really a big move imo

akia83
09-27-2014, 04:42 PM
Bogans has two years guaranteed $

No, he doesn't.

DemarDerozan
09-27-2014, 04:49 PM
No, he doesn't.

You're right. The article says "fully unguaranteed" I had to read it twice, what kind of **** is that?

Saddletramp
09-27-2014, 05:05 PM

I thought James Anderson was playing in Europe and Mullens was playing in China?

Try to be accurate if you're going to chastise.

BoSox47
09-27-2014, 05:25 PM

Still not as bad as last years 76ers team or the bucks.

kingsdelez24
09-27-2014, 05:31 PM
Keith Bogans is becoming this offseason's Q-Rich. Lol.

This

IKnowHoops
09-27-2014, 07:22 PM

Its definitely a tank job, but its absolutely the smartest thing for this franchise.

theducksmuggler
09-27-2014, 08:31 PM
Still not as bad as last years 76ers team or the bucks.

They are way worse then last years 76ers team...we had Thad Young all year Spencer Hawes and ET for half a year also and they won 19 games now subtract those guys for all 82 games and god forbid Noel or MCW get hurt then its just gonna be a joke... starting line up for now is MCW Schved Thompson Noel Sims....its gonna be a long *** year

Saddletramp
09-27-2014, 08:40 PM

If I were a Sixers fan, I'd be pretty ecstatic these days. It's gonna take time but it seems like they're building a team full of explosive young guys that'll mature together.

Its definitely a tank job, but its absolutely the smartest thing for this franchise.

There's a difference between tanking, which is what the Warriors did a few years back to hold on to their draft pick and what the Sixers are doing. Hinkie is building, same thing the Thunder did. For Sixers fans sake, I hope he's as lucky with these guys.

king4day
09-27-2014, 08:52 PM
Someone pointed out to me that the purpose is simply for that TPE. Now they can acquire players without the need of total amount of space.

The idea they'll get Hibbert is silly but I could see some type of deal going down this season. Maybe they already have a deal in place and just needed this TPE.

king4day
09-27-2014, 08:54 PM
While their future looks bright in terms of talent, the knock I have on Philly's strategy is that they are building a losing culture for guys like Noel and MCW. That's hard to break unless you can add solid vets, which I'm sure they'll do in time.
You just don't want to frustrate these guys into playing the wrong way.

KnickNyKnick
09-27-2014, 08:59 PM
sixers will be top 5

GiantsSwaGG
09-27-2014, 09:40 PM
This move made the sixers title contenders

DemarDerozan
09-27-2014, 11:05 PM
None of the sixers young players are proven besides MCW. Also MCW won the ROY award amongst the weakest crop of rookies since the KMart draft in the year 2000. Who else was there last year? Miles Plumlee? Trey Burke? No true competition there.
Noel has proven nothing and could be the next Oden. Embiid is injured presently and could also be the next Oden. Some of their young players have potential but outside of MCW have not played a single game.

Far too many NBA fans worship hype rather than skill and proven play on the professional level. That's why I love when fundamentally sound players like Goran Dragic, Kawhi Leonard and Nicholas Batum come out of nowhere and destroy stylish overhyped trash players like Noel.

Time will tell. But I stand by my point. Sixers fans should be ashamed of their front office and its refusal to attempt competitiveness. This type of executive behavior should be punished by the NBA.

kobe4thewinbang
09-27-2014, 11:26 PM
76ers know no shame. That aside, poor Bogans! Dude can't stay in one place.

PhillySportFan
09-27-2014, 11:29 PM
None of the sixers young players are proven besides MCW. Also MCW won the ROY award amongst the weakest crop of rookies since the KMart draft in the year 2000. Who else was there last year? Miles Plumlee? Trey Burke? No true competition there.
Noel has proven nothing and could be the next Oden. Embiid is injured presently and could also be the next Oden. Some of their young players have potential but outside of MCW have not played a single game.

Far too many NBA fans worship hype rather than skill and proven play on the professional level. That's why I love when fundamentally sound players like Goran Dragic, Kawhi Leonard and Nicholas Batum come out of nowhere and destroy stylish overhyped trash players like Noel.

Time will tell. But I stand by my point. Sixers fans should be ashamed of their front office and its refusal to attempt competitiveness. This type of executive behavior should be punished by the NBA.
.....? Why are you hating so hard? 2 seconds you were saying wait to see what they become and now Noel is "stylish overhyped trash", I dunno. Sounds like a bit of jealousy, seriously not trying to start a war, but why go so far to pick on a team you claim to be terrible? Maybe you've always hated the Sixers as a Raptor fan, I dunno.

As someone who doesn't want to watch .500 basketball for my entire life, I appreciate what Sam Hinke is doing!

DemarDerozan
09-27-2014, 11:41 PM
.....? Why are you hating so hard? 2 seconds you were saying wait to see what they become and now Noel is "stylish overhyped trash", I dunno. Sounds like a bit of jealousy, seriously not trying to start a war, but why go so far to pick on a team you claim to be terrible? Maybe you've always hated the Sixers as a Raptor fan, I dunno.

As someone who doesn't want to watch .500 basketball for my entire life, I appreciate what Sam Hinke is doing!

It's an embarrassment to the sport. I do not hate the 76ers. I used to pull for the Sixers during the AI days and they have a reputable history. They were also pretty good recently when the had Iggy and Miller. That's why this is sad. Hinke isn't even trying to hide this tank. There should be a new system in place that does not reward teams for making shady trades and bottoming out for future high draft picks. You might be okay with it as a superfan... But most people in your community are probably disgusted by the joke that this team has become. Fans deserve better.

They were fine with Jrue, Thad and Turner to build on. I really saw no reason for them to blow this team up and put the fans through this.

ewing
09-28-2014, 12:01 AM
This move made the sixers title contenders

wait, what

TheIlladelph16
09-28-2014, 12:40 AM
While their future looks bright in terms of talent, the knock I have on Philly's strategy is that they are building a losing culture for guys like Noel and MCW. That's hard to break unless you can add solid vets, which I'm sure they'll do in time.
You just don't want to frustrate these guys into playing the wrong way.

No offense, but personally I believe this is mostly narrative BS. The Thunder lost a whole lot of games for a few years and they've turned themselves into a contender in the long-term. Granted, they were able to snag a once in a generation talent in Durant, but there's not much else you can do other than put yourself in position to draft the "next" Lebron or Durant.

This isn't what you said, but the sentiment that they were fine with Iggy, Turner and Thad as a core is ridiculous. The Sixers have been a low seeded playoff team for years around those guys and nothing ever came of it. Losing this much is tough as a fan, but a fresh, long-term vision is the best thing for this team.

hugepatsfan
09-28-2014, 01:59 AM
What the 76ers are doing makes perfect sense for them individually. The problem I have with it is really half the league should be tanking when you think about it. It's just an awful precedent to set if it works.

bringbackfredex
09-28-2014, 02:39 AM
It's an embarrassment to the sport. I do not hate the 76ers. I used to pull for the Sixers during the AI days and they have a reputable history. They were also pretty good recently when the had Iggy and Miller. That's why this is sad. Hinke isn't even trying to hide this tank. There should be a new system in place that does not reward teams for making shady trades and bottoming out for future high draft picks. You might be okay with it as a superfan... But most people in your community are probably disgusted by the joke that this team has become. Fans deserve better.

They were fine with Jrue, Thad and Turner to build on. I really saw no reason for them to blow this team up and put the fans through this.

Lmao we were fine? Turner is horrible and Thad/Jrue are above average NBA players at best. That team was going nowhere and had zero chance to ever compete for a championship. Isn't trying to win a championship the ultimate goal of running a team?

Oh and not one person in our "community" is upset about this at all. This "joke" of a team is going to annihilate the Eastern Conference in about 3 years so, have fun when that happens. Being a Raptors fan must be a good time, accepting losing and mediocrity forever sounds much better than what the Sixers are doing.

*Silver&Black*
09-28-2014, 05:28 AM
Damn, so Cavs are already in tank mode for the season, throwing in the towel with this trade.

Goose17
09-28-2014, 06:37 AM
Tanking hard.

Sam Hinkie really knows how to lose while simultaneously rebuilding.

In the next three years they have three first round draft picks and six second round picks (3 of them this year). They have a ton of cap space and they have some young, talented and promising players.

Let's see. A big TV market? Check. High potential young players? Check. Draft picks? Check. Cap Space? Check.

With all of that, they are in place to make some huge trades if they need to I mean think how valuable their first round picks could be alone never mind when packaged with Noel or MCW (or Embiid)... or they just continue building through free agency with all that cap space.

Whether you think the strategy/tactics being used are bad for the game (or more specifically the NBA) or shameful or whatever isn't really releveant. From a business stand point it's excellent.

king4day
09-28-2014, 08:58 AM
No offense, but personally I believe this is mostly narrative BS. The Thunder lost a whole lot of games for a few years and they've turned themselves into a contender in the long-term. Granted, they were able to snag a once in a generation talent in Durant, but there's not much else you can do other than put yourself in position to draft the "next" Lebron or Durant.

This isn't what you said, but the sentiment that they were fine with Iggy, Turner and Thad as a core is ridiculous. The Sixers have been a low seeded playoff team for years around those guys and nothing ever came of it. Losing this much is tough as a fan, but a fresh, long-term vision is the best thing for this team.

I just assumed they have their cornerstones in Embiid, MCW, Noel, and Saric. How much further down do they need to go at this point?

To be fair, I don't think their initial intent was to tank as they wanted Wiggins or Parker. Embiid falling to them forced their hand this way so maybe they feel that one more season won't hurt while he recovers.

theducksmuggler
09-28-2014, 09:17 AM

Would you rather us put out a team full of above average overpaid role players and have a mediocre record with the 6-10 best record every year? thats honestly pointless it is not a shame what the FO is doing it is the only option they have if they want to ever contend in the NBA

PhillyFaninLA
09-28-2014, 09:42 AM
They are way worse then last years 76ers team...we had Thad Young all year Spencer Hawes and ET for half a year also and they won 19 games now subtract those guys for all 82 games and god forbid Noel or MCW get hurt then its just gonna be a joke... starting line up for now is MCW Schved Thompson Noel Sims....its gonna be a long *** year

Then Embiid comes back healthy, we have another good draft pick, we are a year away from Saric coming to the NBA, and have a ton of cap space.

If we go 0-82 and end up with the 4th pick because we get unlucky in the lottery that is a win for us.

kobe4thewinbang
09-28-2014, 10:05 AM
Then Embiid comes back healthy, we have another good draft pick, we are a year away from Saric coming to the NBA, and have a ton of cap space.

If we go 0-82 and end up with the 4th pick because we get unlucky in the lottery that is a win for us.:no:

beasted86
09-28-2014, 10:29 AM
If I were a Sixers fan, I'd be pretty ecstatic these days. It's gonna take time but it seems like they're building a team full of explosive young guys that'll mature together.

There's a difference between tanking, which is what the Warriors did a few years back to hold on to their draft pick and what the Sixers are doing. Hinkie is building, same thing the Thunder did. For Sixers fans sake, I hope he's as lucky with these guys.

Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy... reword it as you wish.

TheIlladelph16
09-28-2014, 11:14 AM
I just assumed they have their cornerstones in Embiid, MCW, Noel, and Saric. How much further down do they need to go at this point?

To be fair, I don't think their initial intent was to tank as they wanted Wiggins or Parker. Embiid falling to them forced their hand this way so maybe they feel that one more season won't hurt while he recovers.

I believe they do as well, but we need them to first get healthy (Noel and Embiid) and start to grow as a team. Saric is a year or two away from coming over as well. I would like to start seeing improvement after this season personally as another high draft pick will help us in the long run this year, but we will see. We may not see Embiid on the court until next season because they are going to be very cautious with his injury.

hugepatsfan
09-28-2014, 11:18 AM
Imagine if every team that should be tanking actually did it. Goodbye NBA when that happens… I'm not saying what Philly is doing is wrong but it's exposing a real problem with the NBA. Something needs to be done where tanking isn't the best way to win because on a large scale that's awful for the league. The few worst teams in the league trying to get the #1 pick instead of #3 has always been a part of the league and always will be. But playoff teams (like PHI was a few years ago) feeling like they have to trade everyone away and purposely suck as much as possible for 3 years is a much different thing.

Confusious
09-28-2014, 11:40 AM
Griffin really knows what he's doing. I love it.
I wouldn't have minded Bogans, but the exception does allow us to get someone a lot better, so who the hell is gonna complain?

KnickNyKnick
09-28-2014, 12:22 PM
well, atleast the sixers are rebuilding correctly. in a few years/ few draft picks later, they can be like OKC

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-28-2014, 01:21 PM

In the Cavs dreams. Cavs have nothing of value to trade for Sanders. This move was just to keep them under the luxury tax. But like you said Cavs could use a center. The $5.3M TPE works for Zaza. :cheers: Zaza for the TPE and your first rounder in 2015 draft works for me. That pick be very late so has little value.

Zaza Pachulia $5,200,000 $5,200,000

phantasyyy
09-28-2014, 01:35 PM
In the Cavs dreams. Cavs have nothing of value to trade for Sanders. This move was just to keep them under the luxury tax. But like you said Cavs could use a center. The $5.3M TPE works for Zaza. :cheers: Zaza for the TPE and your first rounder in 2015 draft works for me. That pick be very late so has little value.

Zaza Pachulia $5,200,000 $5,200,000

zaza not worth 5.2.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-28-2014, 01:36 PM
Well Cavs are desperate enough to keep LeBron happy.

IKnowHoops
09-28-2014, 05:55 PM
Would you rather us put out a team full of above average overpaid role players and have a mediocre record with the 6-10 best record every year? thats honestly pointless it is not a shame what the FO is doing it is the only option they have if they want to ever contend in the NBA

In his heart he knows u guys are doing whats best for your team and hes just mad.

Vinylman
09-28-2014, 06:02 PM
Imagine if every team that should be tanking actually did it. Goodbye NBA when that happens… I'm not saying what Philly is doing is wrong but it's exposing a real problem with the NBA. Something needs to be done where tanking isn't the best way to win because on a large scale that's awful for the league. The few worst teams in the league trying to get the #1 pick instead of #3 has always been a part of the league and always will be. But playoff teams (like PHI was a few years ago) feeling like they have to trade everyone away and purposely suck as much as possible for 3 years is a much different thing.

It is what it is ... the lack of competitive balance is driven primarily by the fact that there is no hard cap and that there are significant restrictions on top player salaries which results in concentration of talent... unless the league changes those things in the next CBA there really is no other option for teams to rebuild...

akia83
09-28-2014, 06:07 PM
Phila is tanking hard, but this move is made just to get a free 2nd round and cut Bogans, even if they had the best team in the league, they'd have done that deal.

JPS
09-28-2014, 11:02 PM
Tanking hard.

Sam Hinkie really knows how to lose while simultaneously rebuilding.

In the next three years they have three first round draft picks and six second round picks (3 of them this year). They have a ton of cap space and they have some young, talented and promising players.

Let's see. A big TV market? Check. High potential young players? Check. Draft picks? Check. Cap Space? Check.

With all of that, they are in place to make some huge trades if they need to I mean think how valuable their first round picks could be alone never mind when packaged with Noel or MCW (or Embiid)... or they just continue building through free agency with all that cap space.

Whether you think the strategy/tactics being used are bad for the game (or more specifically the NBA) or shameful or whatever isn't really releveant. From a business stand point it's excellent.

This sums it up perfectly. It is also why Sixers fans are so pleased. We just spent 10 years with no plan. We now know the plan and are able to watch it unfold perfectly so far.

*Silver&Black*
09-28-2014, 11:59 PM
76ers know no shame. That aside, poor Bogans! Dude can't stay in one place.

Bogans probably hoping he is moved just one more time now.....

IKnowHoops
09-29-2014, 01:00 AM

I don't think you can ever think you have enough talent. There cornerstones are young and either injured or coming off injury. At best it will be three years before you are seeing the two of them both on the court at the same time playing 100% healthy and playing at a level that gives them a chance to compete for a title. So the best thing for them to do is develop them as they come along as best they can, and pick up the best young talent they can in the draft. If I'm there front office I keep doing what they have been doing and try to get top 3 picks the next three years. And then in year four I would make a huge push for a "big 2" in the free agent market to complete and add to what I have already drafted and try and do some damage immediately...try and win a championship immediately.

2-ONE-5
09-29-2014, 09:17 AM

lol what? sorry bud we are tired of 6-8 seeds and first round exits over teh last 12 years, it got old fast. we have building blocks for the future to do this rebuild right. Agree with the rebuild or not adding Keith Bogans sure as **** isnt a reason to get pissy

2-ONE-5
09-29-2014, 09:18 AM

christ just one post down and you have another gem. Mullins isnt even on the team genious, neither is Anderson lol. Sims will be starting with Noel and should be a good defensive duo and Hollis Thompson is starting at the 2 who led all rooks in 3pt% last year