PDA

View Full Version : Rondo Injured

Lil Rhody
09-26-2014, 07:03 PM
Just got the update on my phone he had surgery on his hand. Hurt it at home. Well sucks for trading but hey let the Smart era begin

Iron24th
09-26-2014, 07:28 PM
The guy is very unlucky if true, but yeah smart will have a chance to prove himself early in the season.

JEDean89
09-26-2014, 07:47 PM
it also makes rondo much harder to move meaining he won't be traded til the allstar break at least. if he's out 2 months then he is back in early december. tough break for the celtics, they need him healthy and in demand. once he proves he is still Rondo, 10+ teams will be calling. Miami, New York, Indiana, Houston, Sacramento, Dallas, and many more should all be calling about him. When healthy he is an absolute beast.

Bruno
09-26-2014, 07:52 PM
smart can solidify himself now. even when rondo gets back it will be AB who gets bumped out of the starting line up. if smart brings it.

BoSox47
09-26-2014, 08:32 PM
Really helps out the Celtics tanking for this season, he will miss some games and need some time to get back to form. Hopefully he comes back, plays well and gets traded before the deadline. Worst thing would be him to walk without getting a draft pick.

Crackadalic
09-26-2014, 09:48 PM
Marc D'Amico @celtics about 2 hours ago
Rajon Rondo underwent successful surgical fixation of a left metacarpal fracture this morning at NEBH. Release: on.nba.com/1u3txZp

So he broke it yesterday and had surgery today. Surprise the news came late

BoSox47
09-26-2014, 10:06 PM
Marc D'Amico @celtics about 2 hours ago
Rajon Rondo underwent successful surgical fixation of a left metacarpal fracture this morning at NEBH. Release: on.nba.com/1u3txZp

So he broke it yesterday and had surgery today. Surprise the news came late

Might have been officially said to be broken late last night and had plans for surgery just in case it was broken so could be all pretty much brand news as of this morning/late last night.

mightybosstone
09-26-2014, 10:14 PM
I don't necessarily think Rondo is done, but I'll be surprised if we ever see this guy play at his prime level ever again. He was already crazy overrated in his prime, but now I probably would't even rank him among the top 15-18 point guards in the league. He was terrible last year and he can never stay healthy.

bagwell368
09-26-2014, 10:16 PM
it also makes rondo much harder to move meaining he won't be traded til the allstar break at least. if he's out 2 months then he is back in early december. tough break for the celtics, they need him healthy and in demand. once he proves he is still Rondo, 10+ teams will be calling. Miami, New York, Indiana, Houston, Sacramento, Dallas, and many more should all be calling about him. When healthy he is an absolute beast.

You must just watch him on National TV. He dogs about 20 games a year. He's no leader. He's an immature distraction and his best years are long behind him (2008-2010). Even throwing out last year, the prior three years he averaged12th-14th range for NBA PG's.

flea
09-26-2014, 10:18 PM
Well shucks he won't be able to help the Celts win their 30 games this season yet. Dude's not even the best guard on his own team in all likelihood. Yawn.

beasted86
09-26-2014, 10:31 PM

:laugh2: @ Miami calling about Rondo.

AllBall
09-26-2014, 11:24 PM
Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN

Rajon Rondo told Celtics he broke his hand slipping in the shower, source told ESPN. Broke one bone in back of his hand. Out 6-8 weeks.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2212289-rajon-rondo-injury-updates-on-celtics-stars-broken-hand-and-return

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Anyways, it was his left hand and he is right handed. He will be fine.

5ass
09-26-2014, 11:29 PM
I don't necessarily think Rondo is done, but I'll surprise if we ever see this guy play at his prime level ever again. He was already crazy overrated in his prime, but now I probably would't even rank him among the top 15-18 point guards in the league. He was terrible last year and he can never stay healthy.
I think its more about the level of talent at the point guard position. Jameer nelson and mo Williams were allstars back then. I still like Rondo, and I'd take him in the playoffs over most point guards.

beasted86
09-26-2014, 11:58 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2212289-rajon-rondo-injury-updates-on-celtics-stars-broken-hand-and-return

Maybe I'm missing the humor?

Confusious
09-27-2014, 02:52 AM
Really helps out the Celtics tanking for this season, he will miss some games and need some time to get back to form. Hopefully he comes back, plays well and gets traded before the deadline. Worst thing would be him to walk without getting a draft pick.
No it doesn't. Rondo wasn't gonna win them games. You crazy?

TheNumber37
09-27-2014, 02:57 AM
It's kinda sad because his shot was due to improve coming off leg injury.
Still, Knowing Rondo, he will be fine and probably be back before the timetable

flea
09-27-2014, 08:12 AM

Well it can't make his jumper much worse.

jp611
09-27-2014, 10:18 AM
"Slipped in the shower"

True Sports Fan
09-27-2014, 10:19 AM
Such an unlucky fella

AllBall
09-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Maybe I'm missing the humor?

The slipping in the shower bit, sorry I'm from the America's Funniest Home Videos generation lol

FriedTofuz
09-27-2014, 04:35 PM
I don't necessarily think Rondo is done, but I'll be surprised if we ever see this guy play at his prime level ever again. He was already crazy overrated in his prime, but now I probably would't even rank him among the top 15-18 point guards in the league. He was terrible last year and he can never stay healthy.

who would you put above him?

"Slipped in the shower"

sounds sketch indeed.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-28-2014, 12:54 PM

http://www.jobsnhire.com/articles/11480/20140927/rajon-rondo-boston-celtics-trade-nba-trade-rumors-rondo-rumors.htm

Yeah was talking about this in the Bucks board. Was gonna just have it as a "around the league" topic there. . Then read the list of teams and had the Bucks in it amongst other teams. So dumped it into trade ideas and rumors. Also dropped the link in the Celtics board where talking about Rondos injury. Still shocked it mentions Bucks and Raptors when neither of us needs a pg. Raptors have Lowery on a new contract. Bucks have Giannis,Knight,Marshall,Wolters at pg besides in a rebuild. Besides Raptors and Bucks includes Pistons, Kings, Rockets. Probably has no legs.

bagwell368
09-28-2014, 06:24 PM

What year?

Last year he was out of the top 25
Year before outside the top 13
" ditto " "
" " " 11

Check out his games missed to injury/suspension too; then add in his obligatory 15-20 games dogging it every season (almost always on games that are not on National TV).

Put it this way, Conley since the start of 2010-2011 has spanked the crap out of Rondo .

Alayla
09-28-2014, 06:45 PM
He was never anywhere close to as good as people thought he was anyways.

mightybosstone
09-28-2014, 08:02 PM
I posted this list in the other thread, so it's just easier to copy and paste it than to try and create a new list:

1. Chris Paul
2. Stephen Curry
3. Russell Westbrook
4. Goran Dragic
5. Tony Parker
6. Kyle Lowry
7. Mike Conley
8. John Wall
9. Kyrie Irving
10. Damian Lillard
11. Ty Lawson
12. Eric Bledsoe
13. Deron Williams
14. Jeff Teague
15. Derrick Rose
16. Jrue Holiday
17. Isaiah Thomas
18. Rajon Rondo
19. Jose Calderon
20. Kemba Walker

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-29-2014, 09:38 AM
I posted this list in the other thread, so it's just easier to copy and paste it than to try and create a new list:

1. Chris Paul
2. Stephen Curry
3. Russell Westbrook
4. Goran Dragic
5. Tony Parker
6. Kyle Lowry
7. Mike Conley
8. John Wall
9. Kyrie Irving
10. Damian Lillard
11. Ty Lawson
12. Eric Bledsoe
13. Deron Williams
14. Jeff Teague
15. Derrick Rose
16. Jrue Holiday
17. Isaiah Thomas
18. Rajon Rondo
19. Jose Calderon
20. Kemba Walker

I don't have a pg list. But I wouldn't have Deron Williams that high. He's been regressing since he was traded from the Jazz.

Goose17
09-29-2014, 10:47 AM
I don't have a pg list. But I wouldn't have Deron Williams that high. He's been regressing since he was traded from the Jazz.

Deron is too high for sure.

Irving is debatable.

Give me Calderón over a broken Rondo lol.

Corey
09-29-2014, 12:47 PM
I hate Rondo. Im glad most Celtics fans have finally jumped off the Rondo-MVP bandwagon. I've been preaching for years that you cant build a team around him.

sammyvine
09-29-2014, 04:14 PM
I hate Rondo. Im glad most Celtics fans have finally jumped off the Rondo-MVP bandwagon. I've been preaching for years that you cant build a team around him.

Well how has that been proven that a team cannot be built around him?

Since the big 3 departed....he has been injured so we haven't seen if this is absolutely the case. Opinion and reality are two completely different things.

Corey
09-29-2014, 04:27 PM
If a team could be built around him, he would have more value on the trade market and the Celtics wouldn't have gone full-rebuild.

They traded every tradable piece and acquired young talent and picks.

The moves the front office has made backs up the belief that Rondo isn't a centerpiece.