PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Cavaliers Trade for Keith Bogans

JLeBeau76
09-25-2014, 09:42 PM
@JasonLloydABJ: #Cavs send Erik Murphy, Malcolm Thomas, John Lucas III, Dwight Powell and 2nd round picks in '16 and '17 to Celtics in exchange for Bogans

So, with the addition of Bogans, the Cavaliers will have upwards of $16 million dollars of non-guarenteed contracts to use as trade incentive next summer.

Could we be seeing a big 4 in the future?

The door is also open to float Bogans at the trade deadline for a position of need.

Thoughts?

goingfor28
09-25-2014, 09:47 PM
Another solid get for the Cavs

Confusious
09-25-2014, 10:10 PM
Oh Bogans, we meet again. You ugly mother****er.
Oh well, he's great defensively. Another guy we need on the defensive end.

Deception
09-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Cavs can't afford another big name, Kyrie, LeBron, and Love will take most the cap

Confusious
09-25-2014, 10:34 PM
I wonder if this trade signifies that Ray Allen is retiring or going to another team (Spurs).

Arch Stanton
09-25-2014, 10:51 PM
I wonder if this trade signifies that Ray Allen is retiring or going to another team (Spurs).

I doubt that. We traded away 4 players for Bogans. This is just s future trade chip.

JLeBeau76
09-25-2014, 10:53 PM
Cavs can't afford another big name, Kyrie, LeBron, and Love will take most the cap

Most of the soft cap. However, if I understand how this works, they can use the potential $16 mil of contracts to trade for a player making around that and as long as it stays under the hard cap, then it wont be an issue.

JLeBeau76
09-25-2014, 10:58 PM

As of right now, I see the Cavs as only having 13 guys who will definitely make the squad. Allen will have a spot whenever he wants as those remaining spots will more than likely be filled by non essentials.

FlashBolt
09-26-2014, 01:08 AM
I really think Cavs are overpaying for Irving. Personally, they should have gone for Shawn Livingston, keep Waiters, trade for Love, get LeBron, and wait for Al Jefferson. Jefferson+Love would have been unstoppable. Shawn Livingston is a good defender and causes matchup issues with any PG. Waiters is a top 5 SG imo.

JLeBeau76
09-26-2014, 01:31 AM
I really think Cavs are overpaying for Irving. Personally, they should have gone for Shawn Livingston, keep Waiters, trade for Love, get LeBron, and wait for Al Jefferson. Jefferson+Love would have been unstoppable. Shawn Livingston is a good defender and causes matchup issues with any PG. Waiters is a top 5 SG imo.

By now everyone knows what the main arguments pro-Irving and those against him bring to the table so I'm going to keep my disagreement brief.

The contract Irving signs looks big now but in two years, even to those against him, its simply not going be as huge. With the expected big cap jump in 2016-2017, Irving will be locked up as he enters his prime to a very reasonable amount.

Livingston, while a capable pg, can't come close to being the asset Irving is for this team.

Even Waiters, who is my favorite Cavalier btw, doesn't come close.

Like him or hate him, Irving is an All-star point guard and is deserving of the mini-max he got. (Imo)

TheNumber37
09-26-2014, 01:39 AM
Bogans defends and knocks down shots (sometimes)

All the D is on the perimeter so bigs and PGs will still feast.

SoCal Bob
09-26-2014, 02:01 AM

Your delusional, Lebron isn't coming to the Cavs without Irving to play with Shawn Livingston and Dion Waiters :laugh:

And what do you mean wait for Al Jefferson? :confused: He signed a three-year contract worth $41 million with Charlotte last off-season. He isn't a free agent anytime soon. Thank god your not a GM.

IKnowHoops
09-26-2014, 02:24 AM
@JasonLloydABJ: #Cavs send Erik Murphy, Malcolm Thomas, John Lucas III, Dwight Powell and 2nd round picks in '16 and '17 to Celtics in exchange for Bogans

So, with the addition of Bogans, the Cavaliers will have upwards of $16 million dollars of non-guarenteed contracts to use as trade incentive next summer.

Could we be seeing a big 4 in the future?

The door is also open to float Bogans at the trade deadline for a position of need.

Thoughts?

They are sitting pretty.

Blitzace137
09-26-2014, 03:32 AM
smart move by Cavs considering the cap will increase in 2016.

ThuglifeJ
09-26-2014, 04:16 AM
Wherever lebron goes...he seems to drag with him players I can't stand

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-26-2014, 06:49 AM
By now everyone knows what the main arguments pro-Irving and those against him bring to the table so I'm going to keep my disagreement brief.

The contract Irving signs looks big now but in two years, even to those against him, its simply not going be as huge. With the expected big cap jump in 2016-2017, Irving will be locked up as he enters his prime to a very reasonable amount.

Livingston, while a capable pg, can't come close to being the asset Irving is for this team.

Even Waiters, who is my favorite Cavalier btw, doesn't come close.

Like him or hate him, Irving is an All-star point guard and is deserving of the mini-max he got. (Imo)

Yeah we know he made it to all star game and won MVP and all. But personally he just squeaked in. If Holiday wasn't traded on draft day to the west. Fans probably would of voted him in again. Also Cavs were a losing team. So its kind of a joke that Irving made it in.

PurpleLynch
09-26-2014, 06:56 AM
Nice move for them. Lot of capspace. A good center would be awesome for them,on interior D they are still weak. But I think Blatt will give them some knowledge on defense and this team could be more than average on the defensive end.

arlubas
09-26-2014, 07:14 AM
Billy King is this you?

JLeBeau76
09-26-2014, 07:35 AM
Yeah we know he made it to all star game and won MVP and all. But personally he just squeaked in. If Holiday wasn't traded on draft day to the west. Fans probably would of voted him in again. Also Cavs were a losing team. So its kind of a joke that Irving made it in.

All star selection is 60% popularity, 30% stats and 10% team success. Irving was making the squad any way you look at it.

ewing
09-26-2014, 09:03 AM
He was solid on Kentucky in like the late 90s

IndyRealist
09-26-2014, 09:28 AM
All star selection is 60% popularity, 30% stats and 10% team success. Irving was making the squad any way you look at it.
I'd say 70/10/20. Players get voted in injured.

JasonJohnHorn
09-26-2014, 10:49 AM
Great guy to bring in at the end of a quarter to spread the floor and put defensive pressure on the perimeter, or to cover stretches when guys are in foul trouble or injured.

Excellent pick up.

bucketss
09-26-2014, 11:46 AM
they traded john lucas lmao isnt that the lebrons worst enemy. i remember he lit lebron up when he was on the bulls.

Corey
09-26-2014, 11:50 AM
Good, Boston had no use for him at all.

BoSox47
09-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Not sure what he will really do in Cleveland besides be a trade chip. KB couldnt even crack the celtics lineup for more then a few games last season.

Mengxing
09-26-2014, 12:30 PM
:) (www.thenbajerseystore.com/-lebron-james-jersey-c-181_192)lebron james jersey ,the super star

ewing
09-26-2014, 12:34 PM
they should go after Gerald Fitch next

Rockice_8
09-26-2014, 04:57 PM
Trade chip at deadline most likely.

IKnowHoops
09-26-2014, 05:00 PM

The fact he won MVP easily justifies him being there. Any other argument against him is immediately squashed do to this fact.

IKnowHoops
09-26-2014, 05:02 PM
they traded john lucas lmao isnt that the lebrons worst enemy. i remember he lit lebron up when he was on the bulls.

Yeah, then this happened...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-AevYl_tMI

IKnowHoops
09-26-2014, 05:11 PM
they should go after Gerald Fitch next

They went from having 3.5 mill in in non guarantees between 3 players to 5 plus mill in non guarantees for one player. Couple that with the Heywood non guarantee of 10.5...they will have 16 plus mill in non guarantees and next season could potentially trade that for a 20 mill a year player. They are in great shape. I'd be mad if I didn't want Lebron or the Cavs to have success. Oh Im late I see.

prodigy
09-26-2014, 05:59 PM
Cavs gm flat out said this trade will be a big help in the future. Meaning its either a trade piece or some cap relief. I see him being moved with something else for a solid center at some point.

Confusious
09-27-2014, 01:38 PM
And how do players get popular? USUALLY it has a lot more to do with than just 30% of stats. Just saying.

JLeBeau76
09-27-2014, 02:33 PM
@JasonLloydABJ: Confirming Keith Bogans dealt to Sixers for 2nd round pick, $5.3 million trade exception. @ESPNSteinLine first.

m.twitter.com/JasonLloydABJ

JLeBeau76
09-27-2014, 02:40 PM
And how do players get popular? USUALLY it has a lot more to do with than just 30% of stats. Just saying.

Oh, you have to have skills but would Irving be as popular without being a former top pick and the Uncle Drew commercials?

I would argue that he wouldn't and that while he would be just as good, and he is very good, he might not have made the all star roster (at least that first year).