PDA

View Full Version : Hornets Jeff Taylor arrested and charged on DV charges

torocan
09-25-2014, 07:59 PM
Charlotte Hornet arrested on domestic assault charge

EAST LANSING, MI -- A current Charlotte Hornets player was arrested early Thursday morning in Michigan on the charge of domestic assault.

Jeffery Matthew Taylor, 25, was arrested at the East Lansing Marriott at University Place around 1 a.m. Thursday.

Taylor is charged with one count of domestic assault, assault and malicious destruction of property.

His bond was set at $5000.

The Hornets released a short statement Thursday night:

"The Charlotte Hornets were made aware of the incident involving Jeffery Taylor early this evening. The organization is in the process of gathering more information and doing our due diligence. This is a matter that we take very seriously."

The forward was out most of last year after hurting his Achilles' tendon.

This is the second local player in the spotlight for domestic violence charges. Panther Greg Hardy is awaiting a jury trial.

We're working to gather more information on this story. Stay with WCNC.com for the latest.

http://www.wcnc.com/story/sports/nba/hornets/2014/09/25/charlotte-hornet-arrested-on-domestic-assault-charge/16225931/

Guess we'll be pulling out the popcorn...

lamzoka
09-25-2014, 08:20 PM
Professional athletes and domestic violence is not even news worthy anymore. its the norm now.

IndyRealist
09-25-2014, 08:24 PM
I had high hopes for Taylor coming out of college. He is barely hanging on in the league, and I think this is pretty much the nail in the coffin.

goingfor28
09-25-2014, 08:27 PM
I had high hopes for Taylor coming out of college. He is barely hanging on in the league, and I think this is pretty much the nail in the coffin.
He got hurt last year. Year before he was solid. He's been a good player. I think "barely hanging on" is a stretch

Ariza's Better
09-25-2014, 10:24 PM
Professional athletes and domestic violence is not even news worthy anymore. its the norm now.
Sadly this is true.
I don't know how anyone can say there isn't a domestic violence problem with athletes. There has to be some way to educate these players on this issue.

JasonJohnHorn
09-26-2014, 03:03 PM
Seriously? We could even make to the start of the season before dealing with this? This is depressing.