PDA

View Full Version : Can The Cavs Win The Championship With The Next Couple Years

RocketLoc80
09-24-2014, 01:11 PM
Alot of people doubting them and all but what does everybody think can the Cavs get at least 1 championship within the next couple years?

jaydubb
09-24-2014, 01:13 PM
I say no, unless they add some solid defensive players which they probably will eventually.

JustinTime
09-24-2014, 01:14 PM
No, because 1) it's Cleveland and 2) Thompson, Irving, and Love are potentially starting together.

RocketLoc80
09-24-2014, 01:14 PM
I say no, unless they add some solid defensive players which they probably will eventually.

So if t hey add the defensive players then why still no?

Corey
09-24-2014, 01:15 PM
Any team with LeBron CAN win the championship.

They have enough high end talent.

jaydubb
09-24-2014, 01:18 PM
So if t hey add the defensive players then why still no?

I said no UNLESS they add defensive players.. If they do then I think they have a legit shot.

So in other words, as their roster is currently constructed- no

If they add key defensive players without subtracting too much- yes

Dade County
09-24-2014, 01:19 PM
Yes of course,

Lbj would have never went back to the Cav's if they couldn't. You can clearly tell all of this was setup for him to come back to Cleveland.

I have no doubt that all parties involve shook hands on it.

Arch Stanton
09-24-2014, 01:23 PM
I think they can win one within the next 3 years if the core group stays together. It might not be this upcoming season, but within that 3 year span.

RocketLoc80
09-24-2014, 01:30 PM
I think they can win one within the next 3 years if the core group stays together. It might not be this upcoming season, but within that 3 year span.

Even if the Thunder win the title this year you think the Cavs could beat them the following year?

Confusious
09-24-2014, 01:35 PM
Next year, yes.

No, because 1) it's Cleveland and 2) Thompson, Irving, and Love are potentially starting together.
Thompson is the starting center now? I think Varejao might get upset with that...

By the way, both of your reasons are extremely weak.

RocketLoc80
09-24-2014, 01:36 PM
Next year, yes.

Which year you mean?

RocketLoc80
09-24-2014, 01:36 PM
And one other question you think the Cavs could beat the Thunder in a series over the next couple years?

Confusious
09-24-2014, 01:38 PM
Which year you mean?
Not this upcoming year. Durant is getting his ship this year.

And one other question you think the Cavs could beat the Thunder in a series over the next couple years?
Many people seem to think the Cavs could beat the Thunder now. I'm not so certain. I think it'll be really close, but OKC's defense will trump us. This year, anyway.

Big Zo
09-24-2014, 01:43 PM
Defense is gonna be their issue. Pretty much only LeBron is a good defender, and even he showed signs of slowing down on that end last year. They can certainly get to the finals, but I doubt they win.

KobeTop5
09-24-2014, 01:43 PM
Of course they can, they're the most stacked team in the NBA. It will be a failure if they don't win a title every single year they are healthy.

Lebron refuses to play on any team that isn't a super team.

Confusious
09-24-2014, 01:45 PM
Defense is gonna be their issue. Pretty much only LeBron is a good defender, and even he showed signs of slowing down on that end last year. They can certainly get to the finals, but I doubt they win.
Varejao and Marion are bad defenders now? Alright.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-24-2014, 01:49 PM
Yes of course,

Lbj would have never went back to the Cav's if they couldn't. You can clearly tell all of this was setup for him to come back to Cleveland.

I have no doubt that all parties involve shook hands on it.

Bwahahahaha

Raps18-19 Champ
09-24-2014, 01:50 PM
Thompson is pretty much all but gone IMO. There's going to be teams that want him and with the Cavs needing a real backup C, he'll be the first one to go.

Big Zo
09-24-2014, 01:59 PM

I never said Sideshow Bob, and Marion were "Bad" defenders. Varejao isn't exactly a first team all-world defender, tho, and Marion is 36, and won't even be starting.

RocketLoc80
09-24-2014, 02:06 PM

You think if the Thunder win next year then the Cavs don`t have a shot or Lebron won`t ever win again?

NYCkid12
09-24-2014, 02:12 PM
You think if the Thunder win next year then the Cavs don`t have a shot or Lebron won`t ever win again?

you ask the dumbest questions

Jetsguy
09-24-2014, 02:13 PM
100% yes they can

c.c.
09-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Of course the Cavilers will win a Championship in the next couple years. The only thing will stop them is some major injuries

IKnowHoops
09-24-2014, 02:24 PM
IMHO, the Cavs win this year. So yeah.

Big Zo
09-24-2014, 02:40 PM
IMHO, the Cavs win this year. So yeah.
They might. But here's what they got working against them: New team, not particularly good defensively, and their best player is coming off 4 straight finals appearances. That takes a huge toll on the body.

Edit: Also forgot to mention the rookie coach.

JustinTime
09-24-2014, 02:43 PM
Next year, yes.

Thompson is the starting center now? I think Varejao might get upset with that...

By the way, both of your reasons are extremely weak.

That's the rumour

Iron24th
09-24-2014, 03:10 PM

Are you sure? 2 titles in 11 years isn't that impressive...

ILLUSIONIST^248
09-24-2014, 03:17 PM
Of course they can, they're the most stacked team in the NBA. It will be a failure if they don't win a title every single year they are healthy.

Lebron refuses to play on any team that isn't a super team.

True.lebron can only win when he has the best team.

ILLUSIONIST^248
09-24-2014, 03:20 PM
IMHO, the Cavs win this year. So yeah.sig bet?

WITZ
09-24-2014, 03:39 PM
Barring major injuries I don't see why not.

NYCkid12
09-24-2014, 03:47 PM

It's not ? I think 2 titles in the last 4 years and 4 straight finals trips is pretty impressive

KobeTop5
09-24-2014, 03:56 PM
It's not ? I think 2 titles in the last 4 years and 4 straight finals trips is pretty impressive

"Not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, 7."

Colluding to form a super team in your primes to absolutely eliminate all competition in your conference is not THAT impressive. If Duncan teamed up with Kobe in their primes and say, added prime Kidd to the mix, would people care if they won titles? Probably not.

prodigy
09-24-2014, 04:07 PM
If this core plays well together which i see no reason why they wouldn't then of course they will. Looking at The east its hard to see anyone beating the cavs. A healthy rose and bulls could put up a good fight but even still cavs should be clear favs. Luckily cavs don't have to battle in the west, they will only face one team in the finals. I just don't see any team with enough fire power to beat the cavs.

Let's talk about defense. Let's be real, Irving, love and waiters are now on a contending team, they will be much more willing to play defense. They all have the skill set to be at least average defenders.

Lebron, av, Della, Miller, marion, Haywood are all good defenders on this team too. Come finals these guys and others will be ready to guard other teams bests.

prodigy
09-24-2014, 04:10 PM
IMHO, the Cavs win this year. So yeah.sig bet?

If he don't I will lol

NYCkid12
09-24-2014, 04:15 PM

Colluding to form a super team in your primes to absolutely eliminate all competition in your conference is not THAT impressive. If Duncan teamed up with Kobe in their primes and say, added prime Kidd to the mix, would people care if they won titles? Probably not.

Do people care that Kobe won a title with arguably the greatest center of all time ? or vice versa, do people care that Shaq only won with one of the greatest SG of all time and another that was entering prime?

Do people care that MJ only won with another top 50 player of all time?

Do people care that Larry Bird and Magic Johnson had multiple hall of famers on there teams?

KobeTop5
09-24-2014, 05:04 PM
Do people care that Kobe won a title with arguably the greatest center of all time ? or vice versa, do people care that Shaq only won with one of the greatest SG of all time and another that was entering prime?

Do people care that MJ only won with another top 50 player of all time?

Do people care that Larry Bird and Magic Johnson had multiple hall of famers on there teams?

You're not getting it or you just worship Lebron.

Whatever.

Corey
09-24-2014, 06:21 PM

I said any team with LeBron CAN win the finals. Why do you have an issue with that? Lebron brought a putrid Cleveland team to the finals. He won two finals in four years with Miami. Why are you disputing my comment at all?

He's the best player on the planet. He can carry a team if he needs to, and he doesn't need to with Cleveland. Say what you want about Kyrie's statistics, but he's one of the most talented players at his position, same goes for Love. Defense is more about buying into a scheme than actual ability.

Before Thibs got to Chicago, every poster on this site bashed Rose for his lack of defense, and he turned into a really solid defender with Thibs at the helm.

I think Blatt is a great coach, and the whole 'rookie head coach' thing is being super over-stated. Blatt is a really solid coach with loads of experience in different types of leagues and schemes. Im pretty confident that he'll be able to get the best of out his roster.

meloman1592
09-24-2014, 07:04 PM
If they don't, that's a shame. Hands down the most loaded roster in the league

Tony_Starks
09-24-2014, 07:10 PM
Cavs don't reach a final the next few years......Although the excuses as to why they don't will be EXTREMELY amusing!

jmartin80
09-24-2014, 07:36 PM
If they don't win this year, the NBA will find a way to stack their team even more.

I am thinking they will win this year, if not, then next year for sure.

Lebron ruins basketball for another 3 - 4 years with his boring, scripted teams in the East.

blah.

Arch Stanton
09-24-2014, 07:45 PM
Cavs don't reach a final the next few years......Although the excuses as to why they don't will be EXTREMELY amusing!

Sig bet?

Iron24th
09-24-2014, 07:52 PM
I said any team with LeBron CAN win the finals. Why do you have an issue with that? Lebron brought a putrid Cleveland team to the finals. He won two finals in four years with Miami. Why are you disputing my comment at all?

He's the best player on the planet. He can carry a team if he needs to, and he doesn't need to with Cleveland. Say what you want about Kyrie's statistics, but he's one of the most talented players at his position, same goes for Love. Defense is more about buying into a scheme than actual ability.

Before Thibs got to Chicago, every poster on this site bashed Rose for his lack of defense, and he turned into a really solid defender with Thibs at the helm.

I think Blatt is a great coach, and the whole 'rookie head coach' thing is being super over-stated. Blatt is a really solid coach with loads of experience in different types of leagues and schemes. Im pretty confident that he'll be able to get the best of out his roster.

Too many "if" in your scenario, I repeat winning 2 titles in 11 years isn't impressive at all for the "best player on the planet" particularly only winning 2 out of 5 finals appearances VS a very young OKC team, and since you like "what if" scenario, if SA doesn't choke in 2013, he only got one.

Corey
09-24-2014, 08:28 PM
Too many "if" in your scenario, I repeat winning 2 titles in 11 years isn't impressive at all for the "best player on the planet" particularly only winning 2 out of 5 finals appearances VS a very young OKC team, and since you like "what if" scenario, if SA doesn't choke in 2013, he only got one.

I really dont get what you're arguing. Every championship team needs a number of 'if's' to come true in order to win a title.

JEDean89
09-24-2014, 09:07 PM
OKC has the better big 3 imo, and their role players are better also. my guess is we're gonna be seeing some Cavs Thunder Finals.

FlashBolt
09-24-2014, 11:40 PM
I'm sorry but I don't think OKC will win if they get matched against CLE. Love completely destroys OKC's front court, James vs KD has pretty much been even but James is more consistent, Westbrook vs Irving is a tricky situation but in a team aspect, Irving is a much better option. I just don't think OKC can handle Cleveland without a strong front court. Can Cavs win in the next couple of years? I don't see why not. The major issue for them will be keeping everyone healthy. Love, Irving, and Varejao need to stay on top of their health.

Arch Stanton
09-25-2014, 12:37 AM
The biggest thing I question with OKC is the coaching. I don't think Brooks is very good and I could see him getting out coached by Blatt. Granted Blatt is a rookie NBA coach, but if he has anywhere near the success that he had in Europe then it's only a positive sign.

Iron24th
09-25-2014, 01:42 AM
I really dont get what you're arguing. Every championship team needs a number of 'if's' to come true in order to win a title.

Yes some "if's" are needed but not that much, kinda "if they stay healthy", not like "if the coach is good" and "if the bad defenders become good defenders" or "if irving and love who never played a playoffs game, suddenly know how to win", that is some concerns for this upcoming cavs team even if they're talented and loaded as hell.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2014, 02:04 AM
they have the talent offensively, but I don't know if their defense as currently constructed can win a title. In fact, gun to my head, I say no.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2014, 02:05 AM

do you ever get tired of your posts?

Hawkeye15
09-25-2014, 02:09 AM

7 of those 11 years he had a supporting cast that would have ranked as exponentially the worst supporting cast ever for a championship.

You ignore his first failed finals attempt as it suits your agenda..

DemarDerozan
09-25-2014, 02:44 AM
Nope... Unless Lebron, Love and Dion play 70 plus games per year AND they add defensive depth... I'm talking trading Kyrie for prime Tony Allen or Bruce Bowen quality defense. New coach semi-big three... really King James + modern Bill Walton plus Gilbert Arenas 2.0 and role players= maybe one chip in an off year. Not going to happen unless they get help from the league and refs.

DemarDerozan
09-25-2014, 02:48 AM
they have the talent offensively, but I don't know if their defense as currently constructed can win a title. In fact, gun to my head, I say no.

Truth. I can't think of the last time a superior offensive team with average defense won the title... I really can't off the top of my head. Just replayed the last 15 Finals mentally and can't think of one.

MonroeFAN
09-25-2014, 02:59 AM
Isn't OP the same guy who started the "can lebron one another championship" ?

Give up dude.

Iron24th
09-25-2014, 04:48 AM
7 of those 11 years he had a supporting cast that would have ranked as exponentially the worst supporting cast ever for a championship.

You ignore his first failed finals attempt as it suits your agenda..

Wrong, he didn't have the best supporting cast, but he didn't have the worst, stop lying, he had a still serviceable shaq and a prime jamison.

RocketLoc80
09-25-2014, 05:07 AM

You mean no as in this year or no all together? Hawkeye?

xxcubs22xx
09-25-2014, 06:26 AM
I am inferring here that The Cavaliers indefinitely have a better shot of coming out of the East than The Bulls. Why is this the case? This is a serious question.

I do claim ignorance, yes. But comparing both rosters "on paper" I just don't see how Cleveland is quickly regarded as the best team coming out of the East. The Bulls are just one team in the East that can be predicted to have better D than the Cavs. And depending on how funky the EC seeds get, the Cavaliers could be facing formidable opponents well before the ECF.

I think it's of the utmost importance to get to the bottom of the EC before we even consider WC opponents.

ottograham14
09-25-2014, 08:16 AM
I am inferring here that The Cavaliers indefinitely have a better shot of coming out of the East than The Bulls. Why is this the case? This is a serious question.

I do claim ignorance, yes. But comparing both rosters "on paper" I just don't see how Cleveland is quickly regarded as the best team coming out of the East. The Bulls are just one team in the East that can be predicted to have better D than the Cavs. And depending on how funky the EC seeds get, the Cavaliers could be facing formidable opponents well before the ECF.

I think it's of the utmost importance to get to the bottom of the EC before we even consider WC opponents.

Lebron James is why. Chicago's best overall player can't consistently stay healthy and some are still worried even if he is healthy how he will return and play.

As a Cavs fan I can see why Bulls fans take this stance as on paper it is very even with Cleveland having edge offensively and Chicago having edge defensively, but Lebron James is the trump card as the best player on the planet.

ottograham14
09-25-2014, 08:24 AM
Wrong, he didn't have the best supporting cast, but he didn't have the worst, stop lying, he had a still serviceable shaq and a prime jamison.

You clearly did not watch much of Shaq in 2009-2010. To call him serviceable is kind of laughable. Career worse numbers and was injured for most of the year.

Even more laughable is saying they had a prime Jamison, lol. Here I thought his prime was 02-08 when he was a two time All-Star and had peaks in all career numbers (except for 03-04 when he missed the full year).

2007 when they got to the Finals they faced a prime Dynasty in the Spurs with the help of Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Z, Eric Snow, Sasha Pavolic, Damon Jones, Donyell Marshall and Boobie Gibson playing the most minutes outside of Lebron. Come on now.

Iron24th
09-25-2014, 08:35 AM
You clearly did not watch much of Shaq in 2009-2010. To call him serviceable is kind of laughable. Career worse numbers and was injured for most of the year.

Even more laughable is saying they had a prime Jamison, lol. Here I thought his prime was 02-08 when he was a two time All-Star and had peaks in all career numbers (except for 03-04 when he missed the full year).

2007 when they got to the Finals they faced a prime Dynasty in the Spurs with the help of Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Z, Eric Snow, Sasha Pavolic, Damon Jones, Donyell Marshall and Boobie Gibson playing the most minutes outside of Lebron. Come on now.

No need to argue with a lebronphile.

ottograham14
09-25-2014, 08:53 AM

Not trying to argue, I just really want to know where you got prime Jamison and serviceable Shaq from? If you can statistically prove that to defend your stance of what you say then you win the debate which is what I though Forums were for. Guess it's just for personal opinion based on nonfactual information.

Corey
09-25-2014, 09:03 AM
Yes some "if's" are needed but not that much, kinda "if they stay healthy", not like "if the coach is good" and "if the bad defenders become good defenders" or "if irving and love who never played a playoffs game, suddenly know how to win", that is some concerns for this upcoming cavs team even if they're talented and loaded as hell.
Im not arguing 'if the coach is good', he has a track record, that isn't a big question mark to me at all. He's coached in college and overseas, I dont think he's the typical 'rookie coach' at all.

Allen, Pierce and Rondo weren't looked at as great defenders before Doc, Thibs and KG came to Boston, and Pierce+Rondo turned into heralded defenders and Allen becamse better-than-bad.

Same goes for a lot of Chicago players when Thibs made his way there.

Players buying into a scheme is more important than anything. I think it's going to be hard for Love and Irving, who haven't tasted winning at all, to turn down buying in with Lebron and a lot of veteran role players around the roster. I dunno.

Its all opinion at this point, and I respect your take...I just dont really agree.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2014, 09:46 AM

serviceable Shaq (the one with career lows and injury issues all year) that his idiot coach played against a vastly superior athletic frontcourt in the C's when he should have been using his athletes, and did you say he had a prime Jamison? That is b.s. to begin with, and Jamison was never that good to begin with.

If LeBron had won a title in Cleveland, he would have won a chip with the worst supporting cast to ever win a chip.

NYCkid12
09-25-2014, 10:23 AM

I guess everytime someone brings up valid points, you just decide to call em a name. Solid debating lol

Iron24th
09-25-2014, 12:28 PM
serviceable Shaq (the one with career lows and injury issues all year) that his idiot coach played against a vastly superior athletic frontcourt in the C's when he should have been using his athletes, and did you say he had a prime Jamison? That is b.s. to begin with, and Jamison was never that good to begin with.

If LeBron had won a title in Cleveland, he would have won a chip with the worst supporting cast to ever win a chip.

"Worst supporting cast ever"?!?!?!

Definitely disagree

Iron24th
09-25-2014, 12:30 PM
Im not arguing 'if the coach is good', he has a track record, that isn't a big question mark to me at all. He's coached in college and overseas, I dont think he's the typical 'rookie coach' at all.

Allen, Pierce and Rondo weren't looked at as great defenders before Doc, Thibs and KG came to Boston, and Pierce+Rondo turned into heralded defenders and Allen becamse better-than-bad.

Same goes for a lot of Chicago players when Thibs made his way there.

Players buying into a scheme is more important than anything. I think it's going to be hard for Love and Irving, who haven't tasted winning at all, to turn down buying in with Lebron and a lot of veteran role players around the roster. I dunno.

Its all opinion at this point, and I respect your take...I just dont really agree.

I respect your point too, but there are too many questions mark about this team imo, until they prove me wrong.

Tony_Starks
09-25-2014, 12:40 PM
Sig bet?

Have never did a sig bet because I think people are corny and won't live up to them. You may feel free to quote me in your sig and make fun of me if a miracle happens tho. I'm a good sport.

"The Cavs will not win a championship in the next two years, although the excuses as to why they don't will be EXTREMELY amusing."

-Tony Starks

MonroeFAN
09-25-2014, 12:41 PM

Love this. I agree, no need to continue in an argument you are losing.

Tony_Starks
09-25-2014, 12:47 PM

That would be AI. But we've had this debate before buddy!

Just screwing with you Hawk!

Jamiecballer
09-25-2014, 12:51 PM
Not likely in year one. Year one will determine Waiters and Irving's long term future with the team. But in the near future, yes. They've got Lebron. Duh.

Arch Stanton
09-25-2014, 01:12 PM
Have never did a sig bet because I think people are corny and won't live up to them. You may feel free to quote me in your sig and make fun of me if a miracle happens tho. I'm a good sport.

"The Cavs will not win a championship in the next two years, although the excuses as to why they don't will be EXTREMELY amusing."

-Tony Starks

I believe your original statement was that they would not make the finals in the next few years.

Chronz
09-25-2014, 01:14 PM
Not trying to argue, I just really want to know where you got prime Jamison and serviceable Shaq from? If you can statistically prove that to defend your stance of what you say then you win the debate which is what I though Forums were for. Guess it's just for personal opinion based on nonfactual information.

LOL.... U expected to get all that from a kobe fan?

Chronz
09-25-2014, 01:17 PM
That would be AI. But we've had this debate before buddy!

Just screwing with you Hawk!

Hes talking about CHAMPIONSHIP winning squads. And hes probably right. AI's team did not win a chip but I would argue he had more talent alongside him. People just dont appreciate defensive talent so they get a bad rap.

ewing
09-25-2014, 01:25 PM
Hes talking about CHAMPIONSHIP winning squads. And hes probably right. AI's team did not win a chip but I would argue he had more talent alongside him. People just dont appreciate defensive talent so they get a bad rap.

you are right Andy, Delonte, Hughes, Wesley, Snow, Big Z, Pollard, these are all excellent defenders

ewing
09-25-2014, 01:30 PM
to answer the question though. Of course they can

Ebbs
09-25-2014, 01:38 PM

duh.

LA_Raiders
09-25-2014, 01:50 PM
No. They need better defense, chemistry and bench... May be in 3 years.

ILLUSIONIST^248
09-25-2014, 02:07 PM

do you ever get tired of your posts?i can never get tired of the truth

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-25-2014, 02:27 PM
I doubt it first year. After this year LeBron and Love have player options. If they stay then they probably have better chance second season together since they be jelled by then. Still asking a lot to win it all first season together. Also asking for a lot great teams in the west to lay down. If they cant win it first year and maybe make finals appearance second year. Be tough to keep the team together even with a raised cap.

Since Irving got 5 $90M. Still would of rather seen the Cavs go the cheap route and had rookie Wiggins to play Robin to Lebron being Batman. If Cavs don't get LeBron and Love both back after the players options. This was all for nothing. By trading Wiggins away before he played a game. Yeah Wiggins is RAW and could be over rated and be a bust hard to say. But very risky. Also a lot of what if moments with injury prone players on the roster as in AV and Irving. Also not much defense like everyone mentioned.

ottograham14
09-25-2014, 02:40 PM
I doubt it first year. After this year LeBron and Love have player options. If they stay then they probably have better chance second season together since they be jelled by then. Still asking a lot to win it all first season together. Also asking for a lot great teams in the west to lay down. If they cant win it first year and maybe make finals appearance second year. Be tough to keep the team together even with a raised cap.

Since Irving got 5 $90M. Still would of rather seen the Cavs go the cheap route and had rookie Wiggins to play Robin to Lebron being Batman. If Cavs don't get LeBron and Love both back after the players options. This was all for nothing. By trading Wiggins away before he played a game. Yeah Wiggins is RAW and could be over rated and be a bust hard to say. But very risky. Also a lot of what if moments with injury prone players on the roster as in AV and Irving. Also not much defense like everyone mentioned.

TV Contracts, new CBA.

Unless Dan Gilbert goes Donald Sterling in the next year or for the rest of his career Lebron isn't going anywhere. He has been adamant about that this time from his Letter to his Rally in Akron. If he does leave, have fun with that PR Lebron.

I'll give you Love but I doubt he is going anywhere unless Lebron career ending injures himself in the next year.

Captain Moroni
09-25-2014, 02:41 PM
They are the best team in the east. So yes.

ottograham14
09-25-2014, 02:44 PM
The OP says "CAN", at least in some English grammar way. "CAN" the Cavs win the Finals this year or in any upcoming season, YES.

Unless Biff Tannen is in this forum nobody can say NO.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-25-2014, 02:47 PM
Lebron is basically a free trip to at worst the Conf. finals. So yea they have a pretty good shot as any to win a title over the next few years.

Chronz
09-25-2014, 02:47 PM
you are right Andy, Delonte, Hughes, Wesley, Snow, Big Z, Pollard, these are all excellent defenders

Whos Wesley? And yup they were good defenders, shame none of them were DPOY caliber tho.

ewing
09-25-2014, 03:07 PM
Whos Wesley? And yup they were good defenders, shame none of them were DPOY caliber tho.

Wasn't David Wesley on the Cavs? and so what? I think West was one of if not the best defensive PG in the league before blowing up his career, Andy is one of the better defensive centers in the league when healthy, hughes was excellent, and Bron is a defensive player of the year, plus most of there role guys were solid defenders. It cuts both ways is all i'm saying. Bron should get more credit b/c he was a bigger reason for his team being elite defensively but you can't give the sixers supporting caste props for playing D while ignoring that the Cavs did too

lamzoka
09-25-2014, 03:09 PM
Whoever answer "NO" to this question is simply Hating or Trolling.

IKnowHoops
09-25-2014, 03:11 PM
The OP says "CAN", at least in some English grammar way. "CAN" the Cavs win the Finals this year or in any upcoming season, YES.

Unless Biff Tannen is in this forum nobody can say NO.

Wow! Nice.

lamzoka
09-25-2014, 03:13 PM
For me the only teams in the East that can cause problem for the Cavs are the Heat (most underrated team) and the wizards. Bulls don't stand a chance (most overrated)

IKnowHoops
09-25-2014, 03:15 PM
"Worst supporting cast ever"?!?!?!

Definitely disagree

They were a 20 win team without him bro. Easily worst supporting cast of teams that won rings.

IKnowHoops
09-25-2014, 03:18 PM

But none of those guys are even remotely close to the defensive ability of Mutumbo.

ewing
09-25-2014, 03:19 PM
But none of those guys are even remotely close to the defensive ability of Mutumbo.

again, so what? both were excellent defensive teams

IKnowHoops
09-25-2014, 03:22 PM
Nope... Unless Lebron, Love and Dion play 70 plus games per year AND they add defensive depth... I'm talking trading Kyrie for prime Tony Allen or Bruce Bowen quality defense. New coach semi-big three... really King James + modern Bill Walton plus Gilbert Arenas 2.0 and role players= maybe one chip in an off year. Not going to happen unless they get help from the league and refs.

The trade ideas coming from people who hate the Cavs/Lebron are hilarious. They could pick either of those guys up in the offseason for 4 mill a year. Trade a max guy for a 4 mill guy? Man, I see you, trust me I see you want this roster to trade its talent away bad.

ewing
09-25-2014, 03:25 PM
The trade ideas coming from people who hate the Cavs/Lebron are hilarious. They could pick either of those guys up in the offseason for 4 mill a year. Trade a max guy for a 4 mill guy? Man, I see you, trust me I see you want this roster to trade its talent away bad.

You could sign Bruce Bowen for that

Iron24th
09-25-2014, 03:36 PM
They were a 20 win team without him bro. Easily worst supporting cast of teams that won rings.

A 20 win team??? What are you talking about???

Name the roster who was a 20 win team please

IKnowHoops
09-25-2014, 03:39 PM

I guess no reason to respect Prime Kobe and Shaqs rings since Shaq is better than any player you just mentioned.

Iron24th
09-25-2014, 03:39 PM
Love this. I agree, no need to continue in an argument you are losing.

I wonder how many are you.

IKnowHoops
09-25-2014, 03:44 PM
sig bet? I'll sig bet if they play anyone other than the Spurs in the finals. I see them vs the Spurs as a 50/50 series and not quite willing to bet on 50/50 but I still lean towards the Cavs. But if they never play the spurs I will guarantee a championship (barring injury) and am willing to do a sig bet.

IKnowHoops
09-25-2014, 03:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI7M4Om2ITw

IKnowHoops
09-25-2014, 03:56 PM

When hate overwhelms basketball knowledge.

Chronz
09-25-2014, 04:36 PM
Wasn't David Wesley on the Cavs? and so what? I think West was one of if not the best defensive PG in the league before blowing up his career, Andy is one of the better defensive centers in the league when healthy, hughes was excellent, and Bron is a defensive player of the year, plus most of there role guys were solid defenders. It cuts both ways is all i'm saying. Bron should get more credit b/c he was a bigger reason for his team being elite defensively but you can't give the sixers supporting caste props for playing D while ignoring that the Cavs did too

Sure i can. It's a question of talent preference. Cavs had less outside of Bron and faced stiffer comp

ewing
09-25-2014, 04:43 PM
Sure i can. It's a question of talent preference. Cavs had less outside of Bron and faced stiffer comp

so the fact that you like the sixers supporting caste means that them being an elite defensive "team" was a major contributing factor in there success but if you like the star and not the supporting caste the fact that they were an elite defensive "team" is not a major contributing factor to the the team success. sounds fishy, Chronz. I'm not saying Bron didn't do a lot (more then AI IMO) but they were both excellent defensive teams that were able to live off one guy offensively b/c of it. Giving guys like MaKey, Lynch, etc credit and totally dismissing West, Andy, etc is BS

Iron24th
09-25-2014, 05:59 PM
I'll sig bet if they play anyone other than the Spurs in the finals. I see them vs the Spurs as a 50/50 series and not quite willing to bet on 50/50 but I still lean towards the Cavs. But if they never play the spurs I will guarantee a championship (barring injury) and am willing to do a sig bet.

When blind love overwhelms basketball knowledge.

mightybosstone
09-25-2014, 11:57 PM
For the second time in a row, OP is asking the wrong question. Can a team with a ridiculous amount of talent and the greatest player in the world win an NBA championship in the next few years? Hell yes they can, and you'd be a complete idiot to say otherwise. In any given season, there are really only about 5-7 teams that have a realistic shot at winning a title and the Cavs are certainly going to be among those teams as long as they stay healthy.

The question isn't "can" they win. It's "will" they win. It's all in the phrasing OP, and until you understand that, you're going to continue to create polls that will be terribly lopsided.

slashsnake
09-26-2014, 12:49 AM
For the second time in a row, OP is asking the wrong question. Can a team with a ridiculous amount of talent and the greatest player in the world win an NBA championship in the next few years? Hell yes they can, and you'd be a complete idiot to say otherwise. In any given season, there are really only about 5-7 teams that have a realistic shot at winning a title and the Cavs are certainly going to be among those teams as long as they stay healthy.

The question isn't "can" they win. It's "will" they win. It's all in the phrasing OP, and until you understand that, you're going to continue to create polls that will be terribly lopsided.

Well said. If the coach doesn't work out he will be on a very short leash and they will find a good vet who can not screw it up to win with. Their one issue I might see is that they have a very poorly run front office in my opinion. But bad FO's have won before when talent has fallen in their lap.

FlashBolt
09-26-2014, 12:59 AM
All these people saying Cleveland won't make it to the NBA finals are basing this off what? They have yet to play a damn game and you don't even know if James is going to lose more weight, etc,. Stop trying to sound like you know the unpredictable.. Wait until February until you make these assessments.

IKnowHoops
09-26-2014, 02:33 AM

Nice! Sig bet then?

MonroeFAN
09-26-2014, 09:49 AM
I wonder how many are you.

What are you even trying to say here? You're wrong, you've been wrong on nearly every debate you've entered into here.

Most of the members here probably assume that most of your arguments are nonsense because English is your second language. That's what I assumed. Are you trying to tell me that you think you have any idea what you're talking about? You can't even insult someone for crying out loud.

MonroeFAN
09-26-2014, 01:32 PM

When blind love overwhelms basketball knowledge? The only knowledge that's been dropped in this topic is that Lebron is the best player in the universe (not up for debate) and that Kobe couldn't even make the playoffs with out Pau Gasol, and barely made them with Dwight Howard. He also had by far the best supporting championship cast out of any player who is still actively playing today.

I pray for Kobe's sake that he has supporters other than you and the the Iron Man, because you two don't know **** about anything.

Arch Stanton
09-26-2014, 01:41 PM
LeBron just said he thinks Kyrie can be the best PG this year. I tend to disagree because I think CP3 is still the top dog. But I do think he will improve to a top 5 PG.

JordansBulls
09-26-2014, 01:44 PM
They can, but since Jimmy Butler and/or Luol Deng will lock down Lebron who is skinnier now and can't post them up, then they wont be able to win.

MonroeFAN
09-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Jimmy Butler weighs what, 120 lbs?

prodigy
09-26-2014, 02:29 PM
LeBron just said he thinks Kyrie can be the best PG this year. I tend to disagree because I think CP3 is still the top dog. But I do think he will improve to a top 5 PG.

I believe his assists will prob be around 8 and he's gonna have even more open looks. I think his shooting percentages will be very good across the board. He should be a top 5 pg no question in my eyes. Paul can't score like kyrie can, really only thing kyrie has on him.

Arch Stanton
09-26-2014, 03:28 PM
I believe his assists will prob be around 8 and he's gonna have even more open looks. I think his shooting percentages will be very good across the board. He should be a top 5 pg no question in my eyes. Paul can't score like kyrie can, really only thing kyrie has on him.

CP3 is a great defender though. Kyrie has been awful the past few years. I do believe he will be better this year. If he can just be average, that willl lift him into the top 5 IMO.

Zefflin
09-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Dumb question, they have the best PF in the game, the 2nd best player in the NBA, and top 5 players at PG and SG and a solid center in V...of coarse they can win...

IKnowHoops
09-26-2014, 03:57 PM
Off topic, but that Jeter hit was an 86 mile per hour meat ball down the center of the plate. The pitcher looked like he was throwing a home run dirby ball.

prodigy
09-26-2014, 05:52 PM

CP3 is a great defender though. Kyrie has been awful the past few years. I do believe he will be better this year. If he can just be average, that willl lift him into the top 5 IMO.

I never said Irving was a better defender lol. Kyrie is a better offensive player was all I said.

If Irving puts up 18-3-8 47% 40% 3pt and avg defender yes he's top 5 for sure and maybe even higher

MonroeFAN
09-26-2014, 06:40 PM
bring back norm.

Rush
09-26-2014, 06:45 PM
Please stop and let it go.

MonroeFAN
09-26-2014, 06:45 PM
sorry SF rush

jmartin80
09-27-2014, 10:45 AM
The NBA will probably find a way to pair up Durant and Chris Paul with Lebron and Love if they don't win it soon.

Don't worry Cavs fans, it will be given to you (and Lebron)... again.

prodigy
09-27-2014, 03:28 PM
The NBA will probably find a way to pair up Durant and Chris Paul with Lebron and Love if they don't win it soon.

Again? OK I'm just gonna roll around in all these Cleveland sports titles and ships. O wait....

bucketss
09-27-2014, 05:49 PM

its not like the league hasn't helped your team before, *cough*rose*cough*

jmartin80
09-27-2014, 06:35 PM
its not like the league hasn't helped your team before, *cough*rose*cough*

I have admitted it in every post about this situation. That was the 2nd number one overall the Bulls have gotten in their LONG history. Cavs got 3 in 4 years. Dumb.

The fact Cleveland fans deny the collusion and are turning a blind eye to EVERYTHING that has happened this year. It is exactly what happened with the Heat in 2010 which 99% of Cleveland fans hated, including their owner. Can't get over the hypocrisy and I will continue to bring this up the same way the Lebron lovers continue to praise him.

It is obvious the NBA will do whatever it can to save Lebron's "legacy". Sad. But yes, they will win a championship in the upcoming years.

Yanks All Day
09-28-2014, 12:21 PM
Considering the only team that can probably stop LeBron James in the league is the Spurs, I'd say the odds are in the Cavs favor to win at least one.

Wade n Fade
09-29-2014, 11:05 AM
I don't think the Cavs are the in position to win a title right now. With Love and Irving as your other stars, where the hell is the defense? Lebron is a good defender, but can get outmatched at times. The Cavs are banking on two injury prone big men to do work. Then, they are trying to trade for the Human Trash Can, Roy Hibbert. Cavs bench has old injury prone people too. Mike Miller can get hurt all the time and it can hurt not having him around. That bench is also pretty weak too. Delladova, Kirk, Price, etc? The East is weak, but continuity is a huge piece.

futureman
09-29-2014, 01:16 PM
Dan Gilbert will find a way to screw it up.

HeatFan
09-30-2014, 08:05 PM
Of course. Right after they finalize that trade for Hibbert, find a way to sign Ray Allen, get a discount on a few bought out contracts of former all star players mid-season and face someone other than the Spurs in the finals.