PDA

View Full Version : NBA Redraft Playoffs (1) Seattle vs (8) Maui

Matter.
09-23-2014, 09:58 PM
Every summer, PSD holds a game where GM's re-draft players to see who creates the best team. This year, users from the site had to utilize their skills via draft, trades. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2014 NBA Re-Draft

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

Seattle has homecourt advantage.

Seattle

PG: Jeff Teague (33) + Cory Joseph (15)
SG: JJ Redick (25) + Alan Anderson (23)
SF: Luol Deng (33) + Martell Webster (15) + Mirza Teletovic (if needed)
PF: Zach Randolph (33) + Mirza Teletovic (10) + Andrew Nicholson (5)
C: Marc Gasol (35) + Andrew Nicholson (13)

vs

Maui

PG: Eric Bledsoe
SG: James Harden / Louis Williams
SF: Tony Allen/ Al-Farouq Aminu
PF: Kevin Garnett/Ersan Ilyasova/Nerlens Noel
C: Greg Monroe / Zaza Pachulia

NEITHER TEAM SENT IN A WRITEUP.

TO Rapz
09-24-2014, 01:40 AM
Vote Seattle cus we have a backup PG

tredigs
09-24-2014, 02:27 AM
Seatle's the one seed in this? It has one top 30 player and has 38 minutes of Cory Joseph + Alan Anderson. I'm not sure they'd make the Western Conference Playoffs?

clehmun
09-24-2014, 02:46 AM
Seatle's the one seed in this? It has one top 30 player and has 38 minutes of Cory Joseph + Alan Anderson. I'm not sure they'd make the Western Conference Playoffs?

And my team didn't even make the playoffs:

PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Khris Middleton
SF: Paul Pierce
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Anderson Varejao

6th: JR Smith
7th: Patrick Patterson
8th: Harrison Barnes
9th: Raymond Felton
10th: Matt Bonner

Oh well.

Matter.
09-24-2014, 10:54 AM
Can a mod sticky

KnicksorBust
09-24-2014, 10:56 AM

It's a team that from a building stand-point checks all the boxes of a redraft. Built-in chemistry with the frontcourt. A defensive big to anchor the paint. A defensive wing to guard the opposing team's best perimeter player. It has shooters. I completely agree that they are overrated as a #1 but let's not act like it's a bad team.

KnicksorBust
09-24-2014, 10:57 AM

Oh well.

Duncan doesn't miss the playoffs. Redrafters got it wrong.

pebloemer
09-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Duncan doesn't miss the playoffs. Redrafters got it wrong.

Agreed,

Actually I think the #2 seeds look better than the #1 seeds of this redraft.

Redrum187
09-24-2014, 06:01 PM

Oh well.

I'd take that team over either of these 2 teams. LOL

Redrum187
09-24-2014, 06:03 PM
Seattle has one good shooter on the lineup in Reddick. But the other team has no defensive anchor (Garnett is trash now).

TO Rapz
09-24-2014, 08:32 PM
Probably the only one seed ever to get this much hate.

Shammyguy3
09-24-2014, 09:52 PM

probably he first #1 seed who doesn't have a psuedo #1 option, let alone a full-blown #1 option

Shammyguy3
09-24-2014, 09:58 PM
really torn on this honestly, could the GMs of each team defend their own teams and state why they'd advance?

BullsNumber1Fan
09-25-2014, 12:05 PM

Not even close. Phlp and I had the 1 seed last redraft and we lost in the 1st ****ing round to a trash team that wouldn't even score 75 PPG...

Raps18-19 Champ
09-25-2014, 12:21 PM
Not even close. Phlp and I had the 1 seed last redraft and we lost in the 1st ****ing round to a trash team that wouldn't even score 75 PPG...
Show me both teams and I'll see if the loss was justified.

Killerjug
09-25-2014, 01:58 PM

extremely salty still lol

TO Rapz
09-25-2014, 04:59 PM
Lol this is way too close.

Cracka2HI!
09-25-2014, 05:35 PM
Please change my vote to Maui. I voted for the wrong team. You can check my ballot I ranked Maui 4th and Seattle #12. I have no clue how that is a #1 team.

Cracka2HI!
09-25-2014, 05:40 PM

Oh well.

I voted for you 2nd bro, have no idea how you didn't make the playoffs. I also voted SugeKnight #3 and they missed as well. Had Seattle ranked 12th and they finished #1. I don't really know how a re-draft works I guess. In the NBA it's all about your stars, in a re-draft it seems to be all about your role players. I think the re-drafters consider all top 2 players equal and then just look at the role players. Seattle is a perfect example of that. Do they even have an all-star? Or even someone who can score 20 PPG? It seems every team with no stars but solid players is the 2004 Pistons and every team with stars and average role players sucks. The real NBA is the opposite of that in real life. The Pistons were the exception to the rule.

I think if we did a redraft with real NBA rosters the T'Wolves would make the playoffs because they have lots of solid guys. The Clippers would probably miss because they have no SF and DJ has no offense.

Redrum187
09-25-2014, 07:18 PM
I want to change my vote to Maui too. Please and thanks.

Matter.
09-25-2014, 11:14 PM
I want to change my vote to Maui too. Please and thanks.

Voting - There was just a situation in the NBA Mock where a voter changed his vote. Just to make things clear, that will NOT be allowed in this game. It causes too much confusion and makes a cluster---- out of the game. Misclickers are allowed to change their votes, but you are not allowed to change your mind after voting. MEANINGFUL VOTES ARE FINAL.

tredigs
09-26-2014, 01:18 AM
Voting - There was just a situation in the NBA Mock where a voter changed his vote. Just to make things clear, that will NOT be allowed in this game. It causes too much confusion and makes a cluster---- out of the game. Misclickers are allowed to change their votes, but you are not allowed to change your mind after voting. MEANINGFUL VOTES ARE FINAL.
Matter -- deep breaths, my friend. Nobody cares who wins or loses in this thing, I assure you.

Redrum187
09-26-2014, 02:36 AM

What if it was a misclick? I accidentally voted for the wrong team. ;)

mightybosstone
09-26-2014, 10:37 PM
I don't mean this as an insult, but I honestly don't see how Seattle is a No. 1 seed. They don't have a single legitimate No. 1 option and Gasol is the only player on their roster is a clear top 40 guy in the league right now. If this were 2-3 years ago when Deng and Randolph were still in their primes, that would be a No. 1 seed. But right now, I see that squad as a No. 4 seed at best.

I actually think Maui is just the better basketball team. They're unquestionably superior on the offensive side of the ball, and there's enough defense to go around to make them competitive on that end as well. Seattle is better constructed, I'll admit, but Maui is definitely more talented and has far more offensive firepower. If it were me, I'd take Maui in six.

TO Rapz
09-27-2014, 01:34 PM
I wanted to construct a team that made a lot of sense in terms of chemistry. I understand that my team does not have a superstar like most teams that win these things do, but I wanted to build a team that could find success in real life.

I feel like my team is a better version of the real life Grizzlies.

My front court is dominant. I have a shooter who'll spread the floor for me, a facilitator and a player who stepped up big time in the playoffs in Teague and a player who before Cleveland was seen as incredibly valuable.

Sure there's no Carmelo, Lebron, KD, CP3 etc, but my team is built to do well in the playoffs because of the good defense and talented front court for easy points.

I'm not saying I'm a definite 1 seed but I wouldn't say I'm not a legit contender either (although its my first redraft lol).