PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Timberwolves would do four-years, $42 million for Ricky Rubio, agent eyes more

spreadeagle
09-23-2014, 06:09 PM
It’s not a simple answer, there are a lot of variables at play as his agent and the Timberwolves talk between now and Oct. 31 (if there is no deal he becomes a restricted free agent next summer). First, the point guard market is crowded right now and a lot of guys could be available next summer — Rajon Rondo, Eric Bledsoe, Jeremy Lin, Patrick Beverley, and Kemba Walker are up, plus someone like Monta Ellis could opt-out and become a free agent (among others). The team system matters — if you play uptempo Rubio has more value than with a system team like the Spurs. Rubio brings good defense and court vision, but how will his shooting develop and progress this year?

Minnesota has a number in mind to keep him, according to Darren Wolfson of ESPN1500 in Minneapolis. Shockingly, Rubio’s agent doesn’t like it.

@DarrenWolfson @2_Shoe better question, any indicatin of reluctance to re-sign for reasonable contract for an under-whelming player?

Darren Wolfson ✔ @DarrenWolfson
Follow

Re: Rubio, @Adam_Kuhn @2_Shoe - #Twolves would do a 4-yr deal in $42M range. That hasn't changed. Agents see NYK/LAL w/ cap space next year.

I think that number is about right for Rubio. The Wolves GM said he is optimistic about reaching a deal but they are not going to rush into a deal. I don’t see one happening.

That has a lot to do with the market — ask Bledsoe and his agent Rich Paul about the demand for point guards right now. And a healthy Bledsoe is a much better get than Rubio right now. If teams are offering Bledsoe about $12 million a year and someone like Ty Lawson is making that same sum, Rubio should make a little less. That is true whether or not the salary cap jumps in the next couple years (in theory making a bad contract “less bad”).

Rubio’s critics are a little harsh on him — his shooting range needs work but what he really needs to do is finish better (40 percent of his shots last season were within the restricted area but he hit just 49.1 percent of those). But players want to play with him because of his vision and ability — he’s fun to play with and the guys look good with the shots he gets them. Plus he’s solid defender.

A salary in the $10 million a year range seems about right.

Will the Lakers or Knicks overpay for him next summer? Rubio is not a good triangle fit, and it’s hard to say what the Lakers style will be but they are looking to pay superstars. Rubio is not that.

A number of point guards could find out next summer that the market is not what they think it is for their services. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/23/rumor-timberwolves-would-do-four-years-42-million-for-ricky-rubio-agent-eyes-more/

THE MTL
09-23-2014, 06:24 PM
I think Rubio is a great PG but my Knicks are really dead set on the triangle and obtaining players and coaches that fit the triangle

goingfor28
09-23-2014, 06:41 PM
Rubio isn't even worth half of that

ManningToTyree
09-23-2014, 06:45 PM
That's too much for Rubio. I was on the hype wagon when he came over but he can't score even a little bit.

As said above he doesn't fit what New York is trying to do now.

mRc08
09-23-2014, 06:50 PM
Haven't seen much of rubio play. Can his poor scoring be attributed to his knee injury? Or is he just not athletic enough to score in the NBA/poor shooter?

flea
09-23-2014, 07:02 PM
Seems fair to me, and could end up as a steal if he takes it. All he lacks is shooting and almost any player can make themselves adequate with enough reps. The fact that his defensive ceiling is a stalwart that can defend any guard makes me even less concerned. I wouldn't go much over that offer amount without seeing more, though.

Hawkeye15
09-23-2014, 07:07 PM
I wouldn't offer more than 4 years, $32 million myself. He is bending the Wolves over if he takes this, considering his production.

Look, he is not worth what he thinks he is. So let him play the season, and let RFA set his market value. If a team stupidly gives him much more than this, let him go miss layups somewhere else.

Bruno
09-23-2014, 07:32 PM
I'm hoping the Lakers strike on how little other teams seems to value him. $10.5 million dollars will feel like a glorified MLE contract after the TV deal anyways. for the Lakers especially. assuming the other teams don't make the Lakers pay for everyone else's failures again in the next CBA.

#stillontherubiowagon

GiantsSwaGG
09-23-2014, 08:21 PM
I don't want Rubio nowhere near my knicks

JJ_JKidd
09-23-2014, 09:48 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/23/rumor-timberwolves-would-do-four-years-42-million-for-ricky-rubio-agent-eyes-more/

He should be receiving max. Considering he is the next Pistol Pete isnt he? lmao

tp13baby
09-23-2014, 10:43 PM
The fact that Lawson got a deal very similar to what he is asking... What an effing joke.

Jeffy25
09-23-2014, 10:47 PM
Maybe 3/25-30?

I don't see the need to pay him this much.

Kaner
09-23-2014, 11:05 PM
Don't think he's produced enough to warrant more then 10m a year but, there is some evidence that he's worth at least this much. His WAR, Vorp, ASPM, and rpm are all in the top 10 for his position. Wouldn't be surprised if some Daryl Morey type gave him a big offer when he's a rfa.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-23-2014, 11:46 PM
Based on his production, he's getting overpaid there.

But I'm still a believer in Rubio and think he'll be a a beast so at the same time, I think he should get the max.

JasonJohnHorn
09-23-2014, 11:58 PM
That is a disgusting fawking number for Rubio.

Evan Turner is a FAR better player and deservedly didn't get anywhere near that.

Rubio is a great defender, and solid rebounder, but he is just SUCH an awful shooter.

DemarDerozan
09-24-2014, 12:01 AM
He hasn't proven anything. Steph Curry and Derozan received similar deals and they were already showing star potential at the time.

Ricky needs a new agent otherwise he will be suiting up next to Rudy Fernandez instead of Andrew Wiggins in a couple years.

He is a one dimensional PG who can't shoot or play D. He deserves Jeremy Evans money. They are both borderline starters with one valuable skill. Evans can make fancy dunks. Rubio can make fancy passes.

I would honestly rather have Kendall Marshall or DJ Augustin start.

Tony_Starks
09-24-2014, 12:22 AM
He hasn't proven anything. Steph Curry and Derozan received similar deals and they were already showing star potential at the time.

Ricky needs a new agent otherwise he will be suiting up next to Rudy Fernandez instead of Andrew Wiggins in a couple years.

He is a one dimensional PG who can't shoot or play D. He deserves Jeremy Evans money. They are both borderline starters with one valuable skill. Evans can make fancy dunks. Rubio can make fancy passes.

I would honestly rather have Kendall Marshall or DJ Augustin start.

You evidently don't watch him very much. He's a good defender and also rebounds well for his position.

I think that's too much money but to say he's one dimensional or even put him in the same breath as the Kendal Marshall's of the world is just hating...

c.c.
09-24-2014, 12:29 AM
Don't think he's produced enough to warrant more then 10m a year but, there is some evidence that he's worth at least this much. His WAR, Vorp, ASPM, and rpm are all in the top 10 for his position.Wouldn't be surprised if some Daryl Morey type gave him a big offer when he's a rfa.

Red Nation and I would be surprised!
Beverly > Rubio

DemarDerozan
09-24-2014, 12:32 AM
You evidently don't watch him very much. He's a good defender and also rebounds well for his position.

I think that's too much money but to say he's one dimensional or even put him in the same breath as the Kendal Marshall's of the world is just hating...

Nothing against the Wolves. I really like Pek and think they have a lot of good young players. I just think from the few games I've seen that Rubio is awful.

Kaner
09-24-2014, 12:38 AM
Red Nation and I would be surprised!
Beverly > Rubio

It's all about the stat's the GM buys into. Rubio is a stud according to a number of advanced +/- stats.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-24-2014, 12:38 AM
Nothing against the Wolves. I really like Pek and think they have a lot of good young players. I just think from the few games I've seen that Rubio is awful.
Well if you've only seen a few games then you probably shouldn't say he's a bad defender.

Quinnsanity
09-24-2014, 01:10 AM
Rubio would be perfect for the right team. I'd actually love the idea of a Bledsoe-Rubio swap because Phoenix would be perfect at showcasing Rubio's strengths. He'd always have shooting around him so his spacing issues would be lessened.

FlashBolt
09-24-2014, 01:31 AM
This is why Timberwolves always lose. This has got to be a joke. Kyle Lowry signed a 4 year 48 million contract and then you have a clown getting paid 6 million less? Ugh, I hate Rubio more and more each day. Dude swears he's a top player.. Good talent? Sure. But, unless he shows me a developed shot, he's just someone who has great ball-handling.

DemarDerozan
09-24-2014, 01:32 AM
Rubio would be perfect for the right team. I'd actually love the idea of a Bledsoe-Rubio swap because Phoenix would be perfect at showcasing Rubio's strengths. He'd always have shooting around him so his spacing issues would be lessened.

Last I checked Kevin Martin and Kevin Love are pretty decent shooters. I like the Suns but Rubio would set them back.

FlashBolt
09-24-2014, 01:37 AM
Rubio can pass but PG's are going to back off him cause he can't score. And if you put Beverley or a good defender on Rubio, it's almost embarrassing to watch.

DemarDerozan
09-24-2014, 01:49 AM
Well if you've only seen a few games then you probably shouldn't say he's a bad defender.

His 2 steals per game do not make up for a career high of 38% shooting percentage. If he wasn't a top pick and did not have hype he would be out of the league.

I can't think of a single starting PG in the new era that has shot under 40% for three straight seasons and retained his job... Let alone start for an NBA team. He is a joke and has not improved much in his first three years.

The only reason he is still playing is his brand... International homers love Rubio.

mrblisterdundee
09-24-2014, 01:54 AM
Seems fair to me, and could end up as a steal if he takes it. All he lacks is shooting and almost any player can make themselves adequate with enough reps. The fact that his defensive ceiling is a stalwart that can defend any guard makes me even less concerned. I wouldn't go much over that offer amount without seeing more, though.

I think Minnesota is counting on the salary cap going up with the new TV deal. But keeping Rubio at $10 million or lower is the only way to make him remotely tradable, and that's if he adds some reasonably efficient scoring.

DemarDerozan
09-24-2014, 01:54 AM
Rubio can pass but PG's are going to back off him cause he can't score. And if you put Beverley or a good defender on Rubio, it's almost embarrassing to watch.

This. In the NBA today PGs have to be well rounded. They can't just pass and have decent on the ball defense. They have to dribble, penetrate, score and be the coach on the floor. There are so many PGs that have all these tools in the league... Rubio is just subpar in comparison.

Iron24th
09-24-2014, 02:09 AM
This guy was already overhyped back in the days in europe, and I NEVER understood why.

If he ends up in a Lakers uni, I will puke.

nycericanguy
09-24-2014, 10:00 AM
His 2 steals per game do not make up for a career high of 38% shooting percentage. If he wasn't a top pick and did not have hype he would be out of the league.

I can't think of a single starting PG in the new era that has shot under 40% for three straight seasons and retained his job... Let alone start for an NBA team. He is a joke and has not improved much in his first three years.

The only reason he is still playing is his brand... International homers love Rubio.

Jason Kidd shot under 40% each of his first 3 years also. Finished career at exactly 40%.

Billups shot under 40% his first 4 seasons, career 41%.

People are making too much of out of his fg%, it's bad, but also consider he missed half his rookie year with the ACL, that takes a while to come back from. His FG % has gone up every year also. If he shoots 40% and 35% from 3 this year would that make everyone happy? Because he was pretty close to that last year.

His PER 36 career is 11.5/9.2/4.7 with 2.6 steals... few players can put up those numbers.

kingsdelez24
09-24-2014, 10:30 AM
This is the problem with having the extension deadline before the season

SanPitte
09-24-2014, 12:02 PM
how can a 23 year old point guard that can't shoot AND with a bad knee demand more than $10 million/year??!!
i just hope he gets nothing more than 5 million a year from NBA teams (which is his value right now), and goes back to Spain with his tail between his legs

NoahH
09-24-2014, 12:12 PM
SMH.. Curry got 44mill over 4, Lawson got 48mill over 4, Teague got 32mill over 4.

Is Rubio in this tier of caliber? NO. If his agent thinks he's worth more than Curry or Lawson he's crazy. (I know its his job to get his client the best contract).

Raps18-19 Champ
09-24-2014, 12:19 PM

I never once said that his SPG make up for his shooting %.

I said if you haven't seen him play, don't say things about him you have no clue about.

Corey
09-24-2014, 01:19 PM

C'mon. Rubio is in the bottom half of the league as far as starting point guards go, and he's going to be worth 10.5 per? Great, he rebounds...Point guard rebounding doesn't really matter too much in the grand scheme of things, and guard defense is highly overrated as well.

Corey
09-24-2014, 01:22 PM
Jason Kidd shot under 40% each of his first 3 years also. Finished career at exactly 40%.

Billups shot under 40% his first 4 seasons, career 41%.

Billups had a considerably higher TS% than Rubio in the range you gave, and Kidd contributed a lot more to the game.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-24-2014, 01:42 PM
C'mon. Rubio is in the bottom half of the league as far as starting point guards go, and he's going to be worth 10.5 per? Great, he rebounds...Point guard rebounding doesn't really matter too much in the grand scheme of things, and guard defense is highly overrated as well.

I don't think he was saying Rubio is worth $10.5 mil. He was just trying to say that the guy arguing Rubio isn't worth the money didn't really know what he was talking about (even though he's right he's not worth $10 mil).

mike_noodles
09-24-2014, 02:10 PM
Dude should sign that deal and run.

WSU Tony
09-24-2014, 03:13 PM
Rubio's shooting is bad. Bad shooting doesn't hurt (as much) when the player only takes 8 shots a game. Rubio doesn't shoot well and he knows it. He also plays good defense, is top 3 for steals every year, and rebounds well. I'd rather have that player than a league average shooter (volume shooter) who plays no defense. (Kevin Martin)

Shots per game:
Lawson 13
Walker 15
Teague 13
Rubio 8

If Rubio was taking 13-15 shots per night this would be a major concern. He is not. Besides, points are the easiest stat to supplement in the NBA.

WS/48 (in order from highest to lowest)
Lawson
Rubio
Teague
Walker

Kashmir13579
09-24-2014, 03:49 PM
Can he shoot yet?

Corey
09-24-2014, 06:11 PM
Rubio's shooting is bad. Bad shooting doesn't hurt (as much) when the player only takes 8 shots a game. Rubio doesn't shoot well and he knows it. He also plays good defense, is top 3 for steals every year, and rebounds well. I'd rather have that player than a league average shooter (volume shooter) who plays no defense. (Kevin Martin)

Shots per game:
Lawson 13
Walker 15
Teague 13
Rubio 8

If Rubio was taking 13-15 shots per night this would be a major concern. He is not. Besides, points are the easiest stat to supplement in the NBA.

Lawson
Rubio
Teague
Walker
Rubio was at 8 shots per game with Love on the roster, lets see where he's at as one of the teams 'veterans'.

Either way, his agent is silly for not signing this deal immediately.

It's a different market now, but Rondo signed a 5 year 55 million dollar contract in 2009 coming off back to back post season appearances and posting a line of .179 WS/48, .543 TS%, .514 eFG%, 9.6 TRB%....All markedly better than Rubio just posted, so what is the argument here?

likemystylez
09-24-2014, 06:30 PM
rubio has to prove he is interested in carrying a team to the playoffs- by making it from time to time. Hes a good leader to have if your game plan is to tank for eternity then draft bad players and tank some more

nycericanguy
09-24-2014, 08:48 PM
Rubio was at 8 shots per game with Love on the roster, lets see where he's at as one of the teams 'veterans'.

Either way, his agent is silly for not signing this deal immediately.

It's a different market now, but Rondo signed a 5 year 55 million dollar contract in 2009 coming off back to back post season appearances and posting a line of .179 WS/48, .543 TS%, .514 eFG%, 9.6 TRB%....All markedly better than Rubio just posted, so what is the argument here?

:rolleyes:

Corey
09-24-2014, 08:58 PM
:rolleyes:

Care to add substance to your post

FlashBolt
09-24-2014, 11:44 PM
Ricky Rubio can rebound - who cares? A PG rebounding is meaningless. Rubio doesn't score well enough as it is. Can you imagine telling someone like PG, James, Iggy, or even Beverley to lock Rubio up? He's going to be absolutely embarrassing. I get that he's 23 but his annoying cockyness is just too much to ignore. He's not a top 15 PG, he misses layups, and he thinks he's a max player.. That's just enough to make me hate his guts and hope he gets no deal. Sounds like he's trying to milk as much as he can. Funny part is he's going to be the "leader", yet, he misses LAYUPS... LAYUPS!

nycericanguy
09-25-2014, 12:29 PM
Care to add substance to your post

No substance needed, posters here that think they know better than million dollar agents?

Just like people were screaming that Bledsoe's agent "didn;t know what he was doing"... now he gets $70m instaed of 48m

ewing
09-25-2014, 01:09 PM

Shots per game:
Lawson 13
Walker 15
Teague 13
Rubio 8

Lawson
Rubio
Teague
Walker

That depends on who the player is. When you have the ball all the time you have to be able to score or you become a liability. The fact that Rubio cant shoot a jumpshot or finish a drive severely hinders his game.

tp13baby
09-25-2014, 02:03 PM
That depends on who the player is. When you have the ball all the time you have to be able to score or you become a liability. The fact that Rubio cant shoot a jumpshot or finish a drive severely hinders his game.

He is by far the worst finisher I have ever watched. If this was a decade ago he wouldn't be in the league.

Seriously how can a guy turn down a contract when he isn't even a top 10 point Guard in his conference a year ago with Love?
Paul
Parker
Westbrook
Lillard
Curry
Bledsoe
Conley
Lawson
Holiday
Thomas

These guys are all head, shoulders and waist above Rubio, and I left guys out like Beverly who I personally like more, Ellis who is considered a SG even though he controls the offense, and Burke who was a rookie.

He is a definitive starter on two teams in the west from last year, 1 being LA and 2 being Minnesota. He hasn't made any considerable gains to get a contract near that.

SanPitte
09-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Ricky Rubio can rebound - who cares? A PG rebounding is meaningless. Rubio doesn't score well enough as it is. Can you imagine telling someone like PG, James, Iggy, or even Beverley to lock Rubio up? He's going to be absolutely embarrassing. I get that he's 23 but his annoying cockyness is just too much to ignore. He's not a top 15 PG, he misses layups, and he thinks he's a max player.. That's just enough to make me hate his guts and hope he gets no deal. Sounds like he's trying to milk as much as he can. Funny part is he's going to be the "leader", yet, he misses LAYUPS... LAYUPS!

exactly

Oefarmy2005
09-26-2014, 11:18 AM
He is by far the worst finisher I have ever watched. If this was a decade ago he wouldn't be in the league.

Seriously how can a guy turn down a contract when he isn't even a top 10 point Guard in his conference a year ago with Love?
Paul
Parker
Westbrook
Lillard
Curry
Bledsoe
Conley
Lawson
Holiday
Thomas

These guys are all head, shoulders and waist above Rubio, and I left guys out like Beverly who I personally like more, Ellis who is considered a SG even though he controls the offense, and Burke who was a rookie.

He is a definitive starter on two teams in the west from last year, 1 being LA and 2 being Minnesota. He hasn't made any considerable gains to get a contract near that.

I get your point, but calling Thomas a better guard because he scores more points is a stretch, he is pretty bad in every other category besides scoring. I am also not sure I'd put Holiday above Rubio either, everyone else - no doubt.

Sactown
09-26-2014, 01:55 PM
I get your point, but calling Thomas a better guard because he scores more points is a stretch, he is pretty bad in every other category besides scoring. I am also not sure I'd put Holiday above Rubio either, everyone else - no doubt.

People get infatuated with Isaiah because of his scoring, dude is so overhyped it isn't funny.. He is wreckless, doesn't even pretend to look for his teammates, and constantly has the ball in his hands.

WSU Tony
09-26-2014, 04:25 PM

We agree with each other that his inability to shoot hurts his game. Would you rather have a SG who can't shoot? SF? I suppose a center who clogs under the rim but can't shoot? A PG not being able to shoot is one of the 'better' players on the court to not be able to shoot.

At the end of the day Rubio and his agent have made the decision a max contract is worth staying in Minnesota. If they can't get a max they'll run away at the first opportunity. Everyone blames small market teams for their actions saying they make poor decisions. What are the Wolves to do here? Give a max to a guy who doesn't deserve a max? Allow Rubio to walk next year?

This is a perfect example of how the NBA is set up to cater to the top 10 teams in the league. The rest have to make the decision to over pay (severely) or let talent walk. Small market teams don't often get the "opportunity" to sign players for the true market value.

nycericanguy
09-26-2014, 04:58 PM
We agree with each other that his inability to shoot hurts his game. Would you rather have a SG who can't shoot? SF? I suppose a center who clogs under the rim but can't shoot? A PG not being able to shoot is one of the 'better' players on the court to not be able to shoot.

At the end of the day Rubio and his agent have made the decision a max contract is worth staying in Minnesota. If they can't get a max they'll run away at the first opportunity. Everyone blames small market teams for their actions saying they make poor decisions. What are the Wolves to do here? Give a max to a guy who doesn't deserve a max? Allow Rubio to walk next year?

This is a perfect example of how the NBA is set up to cater to the top 10 teams in the league. The rest have to make the decision to over pay (severely) or let talent walk. Small market teams don't often get the "opportunity" to sign players for the true market value.

I don't exactly see guys giving big market teams discounts. Look at Parsons, HOU had to either pay him $16m per or let him walk... Look at what happened with Lin in NY 2 years ago. He ran to highest offer, period.

Very few players give team discounts no matter what market they are in. If Rubio leaves I guarantee you he's going to get paid big time. He's not going to the Lakers for $8-10m because MIN would match that in a heartbeat. He's going to try to get a max offer sheet from a team like the Lakers or Knicks with cap space and bring it back to MIN... that's what players do. The rare exceptions are guys like Dirk and Duncan.

DemarDerozan
09-26-2014, 06:19 PM
Fixed.

nycericanguy
09-26-2014, 07:02 PM
Are we fabricating stats now to prove points? Chauncey shot over 40% in his first thee seasons and JKidd shot under 40% in his second year. Rubio has shot 35%, 36% and 38%. There is a difference between bad and terrible. If we were talking about Johnny Flynn or Kendall Marshall there would be no one defending them. Why so much unwarranted Rubio love? It makes no sense.
http://m.bkref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXbXXbilluch01.html&t=5

http://m.bkref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXkXXkiddja01.html&t=5

:confused:

Have no idea where you're getting that from.

EDIT: the links you posted only go back to the 2000 season, Kidd and Billups came in well before that. Kidd didn't crack 40% until his 4th season in '96-97

Billups didn't shoot 40% til his 5th season... '00-01

ewing
09-26-2014, 07:05 PM

i disagree having a point guard that shoot or finish a drive is probably the worst guy to have that cant do either of those things. Even a pass first Point should be a threat. The guy with the ball should always be a threat. The fact that a point will almost never be the guy getting set up for finishes or someone you can hide away from the action makes it worse. The Wolves should let Rubio walk. He simply isn't that good

DemarDerozan
09-26-2014, 07:08 PM

I would take Reggie Jackson over Rubio and maybe Patrick Beverly. You could argue that some backups were also better it would be a toss up between Rubio and DCollison.

DemarDerozan
09-26-2014, 07:14 PM
:confused:

Have no idea where you're getting that from.

EDIT: the links you posted only go back to the 2000 season, Kidd and Billups came in well before that. Kidd didn't crack 40% until his 4th season in '96-97

Billups didn't shoot 40% til his 5th season... '00-01

My bad. Damn Basketball Reference!

WSU Tony
09-27-2014, 10:17 AM
Big markets have the ability to pay a fair price to keep a guy. Small markets don't. Small markets have to hand out max contracts to Rubio type players or they walk. The NBA is broken. It's set up for Super teams for TV ratings. A hard cap means very little in the environment we find the league.

nycericanguy
09-27-2014, 10:31 AM
Big markets have the ability to pay a fair price to keep a guy. Small markets don't. Small markets have to hand out max contracts to Rubio type players or they walk. The NBA is broken. It's set up for Super teams for TV ratings. A hard cap means very little in the environment we find the league.

Guys are always going to prefer cities like LA & MIA... but I don't get your point about fair prices... guys are getting paid everywhere... give an example?

Like I said if Rubio walks he's walking for big money... players don't give big markets discounts.

If you have a good team players will follow. Kevin Love, Miller & Marion went to freakin CLE... who would have ever thought that? And Marion took a huge paycut to do so...

I do think things can be done to make it harder to form super teams... but that's a whole nother topic.

Goose17
09-27-2014, 10:46 AM
Rubio is a weak shooter but he can still get buckets.

I like him, he's a very high caliber distributor and creates plays for others better than the vast majority of starting point men in the league. He's a solid defender and competent rebounder.

He's worth that amount. I don't think he's worth more than that but I wouldn't blame a team from giving him more.

Saying he can't shoot isn't enough of a reason not to pay the man. It's like not paying Parsons because he's a crappy defender.

effen5
09-27-2014, 12:54 PM
Is Ricky Rubio and his camp are ********

SanPitte
09-27-2014, 01:09 PM
i really want to see how many assists he'll have without Love...If his assists number goes down, his value will go down with it