PDA

View Full Version : Who were your favorite dunkers to watch over the years.

TheCatch
09-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Jordan, because of the smoothness and he had a certain sytle, not always showboating and I like that. Also the overall versitility of his dunks. He could go high or far.

Kemp, To be such a power player and led his team and draw doubles every night down low against Center's and Power Forwards then to be able to still put on a show for the fans is really something.

Wilkins, A showdunker that would top his dunks one after the other in the games. His dunks would get better and better as the game went. Like he was working up to it or something. Then, by the end of the game he'd be doing power show dunks in a one point game in the middle of the fourth quarter.

Darryl Dawkins, 6'11 with a 40 inch verticle and weighed about 255. So it was imressive to see someone that big go up that high. Also he had a lot of funk and style in his dunks. Great post moves and back to the basket game or face up game too that went along with the setup and style of his dunks.

Scottie Pippen, A young player that came on the seen with a lot of lift and air. He worked hard and just got better and better. Could go high or far. Some of the all time great dunks on big centers. It's like he made it a point to dunk on the other teams two centers. He had great length and could size up with centers. He was a 6'8 point forward with a 7'2 wingspan. I liked how he set things up in the open court and would surpise the defense with a smooth dunk.

Dade County
09-22-2014, 10:04 PM
Kemp
Prime Shaq
Jordan
Vince Carter
Prime Stat
Young richardson (golden state)
dominique wilkins
Wade
Drexler

ThuglifeJ
09-22-2014, 10:12 PM
Lol. Still waiting on you to open that thread for 'who's the best dunker of all time?' (with a poll please :) )

but...I guess I'll respond to this thread even if started by a troll.

1. VC
2. Shaq
3. young Stoudemire
4. Jordan
5. Tmac/Pippen
6. Dr. J
7. Kobe
8. young Lebron
9. young Dwight
10. Kemp

R. Johnson#3
09-22-2014, 10:29 PM
There was a point in time where Vince would pull off a spectacular dunk on a nightly basis. Definitely the most entertaining player I've ever watched.

TheCatch
09-22-2014, 10:41 PM
There was a point in time where Vince would pull off a spectacular dunk on a nightly basis. Definitely the most entertaining player I've ever watched.

nah

rather put money down to see Jordan perform than Vince when coming to my city.
Remember one of the reason why Jordan was the best ever was because or his dunking ability.
The main reason he sold so many shoes was his dunking ability. He wasn't nic named "Air Jordan" for nothing.
So let's not act like he was just a jumpshooter or something.

I went to a few Raptors games and came away being slightly more impressed with the yound 20 year old T. McGrady. Felt his raw talent on dunking was actually better. Vince was just more polished.

TheCatch
09-22-2014, 10:43 PM
Lol. Still waiting on you to open that thread for 'who's the best dunker of all time?' (with a poll please :) )

but...I guess I'll respond to this thread even if started by a troll.

1. VC
2. Shaq
3. young Stoudemire
4. Jordan
5. Tmac/Pippen
6. Dr. J
7. Kobe
8. young Lebron
9. young Dwight
10. Kemp

I don't care what "crowd followers" say that didn't watch basketball in the 80's and 90's.

krazylegz
09-22-2014, 10:49 PM
the reign man shawn kemp

SirSkyHook
09-22-2014, 10:50 PM
Kobe: Because it was always showtime with him on the break. He was flashy in regular season and playoff games. On top of that he wasn't afraid to go to the rim against anyone. He would go head up with bigman like they were point guards, and do it with swag.

Kemp: He was so damn disrespectful with it lol. He made you have mixed emotions with every dunk. You felt bad for the dude bashed on but it was funny as hell everytime .

Vince: Greatest dunker of all time. He did every dunk my dude Kobe did with the same attitude but from higher up or further away.

Wilkins: Nastiest dunker of all time. He dunked on kats like Kemp but higher and harder!

Shaq: The strongest dunker ive ever seen. He dunked through guys as well as over them. A complete beast.

Lavine :I think this kid is going to be the Kobe of the new school with his dunks. Im excited to watch him play. On another note im excited to watch the T-wolves this year. I think they are going to be the most exciting team in the league. Rubio at point lobbing to Lavine , Wigging, Bennet, Brewer, Young, and Budinger. Its going to nasty fun lol

Jordan. Total package dunker

ThuglifeJ
09-23-2014, 12:01 AM
I don't care what "crowd followers" say that didn't watch basketball in the 80's and 90's.

Ok, so does this dunk not mean anything because it didn't happen in the 80s or 90s?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrPjl-927Q

jon32
09-23-2014, 12:29 AM
Air Canada. ......nobody's close.

lamzoka
09-23-2014, 12:32 AM
If you're under 30 age old, your the answer should be Vince Carter.

lamzoka
09-23-2014, 12:35 AM
K
Ok, so does this dunk not mean anything because it didn't happen in the 80s or 90s?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrPjl-927Q

The greatest dunker of all time!!! HANDS DOWN!!!

Dude was simply amazing!!!

Phantom Dreamer
09-23-2014, 12:36 AM
Jordan,

Kemp,

Wilkins,

Darryl Dawkins,

Scottie Pippen, Good list, though Dawkins I am less familiar with than the others.

WeaponXXX
09-23-2014, 12:37 AM
A+ List in order

1) Vince
2) Dominique
3) Kemp & Jordan

A)
4) Amare + Young Shaq + Tmac + Bron + Gerald Green + Kobe
5)Steve Francis + Baron Davis + Wade

Zach Lavine got some serious potential of being a sick dunker. I'm impressed with his ups, style and power when dunking. Reminds me of Vince.

ThuglifeJ
09-23-2014, 01:10 AM
A+ List in order

1) Vince
2) Dominique
3) Kemp & Jordan

A)
4) Amare + Young Shaq + Tmac + Bron + Gerald Green + Kobe
5)Steve Francis + Baron Davis + Wade

Zach Lavine got some serious potential of being a sick dunker. I'm impressed with his ups, style and power when dunking. Reminds me of Vince.

Really? I don't see it, he jumps off one foot and doesn't have that strength. I always thought of him as a J.R. Smith comparison. In many ways.

Kaner
09-23-2014, 02:16 AM
Really? I don't see it, he jumps off one foot and doesn't have that strength. I always thought of him as a J.R. Smith comparison. In many ways.

I think he could pull off some stuff we've never seen before in the dunk contest, that video of him with the ft line windmill was insane. He doesn't have Carter's power but he might have more hops.

ThuglifeJ
09-23-2014, 03:13 AM
I think he could pull off some stuff we've never seen before in the dunk contest, that video of him with the ft line windmill was insane. He doesn't have Carter's power but he might have more hops.

Yeah, it's possible, but can he put on a show? He seems kinda odd in that sense..as do most of the new generation of players. And I still see JR Smith style. A lot.

Idk. He's obviously got mad hops and tricks...but those Sprite JAM type dunk things, even the craziest dunks just never do it for me...You gotta have that style mixed with grace and power with your dunks. It's never just the dunk itself. At least not for me.

tredigs
09-23-2014, 04:07 AM
I have/had the most fun watching the dunks from VC, Griffin, Drexler, Jordan, J Rich, Nique and Kemp. Had I been around to watch Dr. J in the ABA - where supposedly the open court style + his style in his peak athleticism displayed arguably the best dunks ever - I imagine I'd include him at the top too. As it is on the tape I've seen alone he's still clearly top 10.

The pantheon for me as overall dunkers (that I have seen a ton of) is VC and Jordan, with Nique bridging the gap between those two and Kemp/Griffin (others like Chocolate Thunder are probably close here, but I have not seen enough to warrant choosing them).

akia83
09-23-2014, 09:07 AM
If you're under 30 age old, your the answer should be Vince Carter.

Even if you're 100 yo

Hawkeye15
09-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Vince was the best in game dunker that ever played.

I liked, in no particular order:

Jordan
Kemp
Erving
Chambers
Nique
LeBron
Glide

PurpleLynch
09-23-2014, 09:44 AM
Carter is the king of any era right now. Other honorable mentions:Jordan,Kemp,Dr J,Nique,T-Mac,Drexler,Kobe(I might be biased but in his prime he was amazing,also won a dunk contest when it was still followed).

Griffin could be a top 10 dunker when his career will be over and Lavine showed a great potential as a dunker. His windmill dunk was insane.

lakerfan85
09-23-2014, 10:33 AM
MJ
Kemp
Vince
Nance
Doc
Chambers

Playmaker12
09-23-2014, 10:42 AM
Vince: Greatest dunker of all time. He did every dunk my dude Kobe did with the same attitude but from higher up or further away

But his under the legs dunk was not off the dribble like Kobe's which I think is a little more impressive. Not that that dunk is the end all be all, but still.

Also how can someone be the greatest dunker without a legit free throw line dunk off the dribble?

Vince probably gets my vote for most antics after his dunks.

Playmaker12
09-23-2014, 10:52 AM
Carter is the king of any era right now. Other honorable mentions:Jordan,Kemp,Dr J,Nique,T-Mac,Drexler,Kobe(I might be biased but in his prime he was amazing,also won a dunk contest when it was still followed).

Griffin could be a top 10 dunker when his career will be over and Lavine showed a great potential as a dunker. His windmill dunk was insane.

Carter at a legit 6'7 (his real height) did do the farthest swingout on his windmill. But does that make you the greatest ever. I don't know if he did anything else especially great other than windmill. Is the windmill the end all be all dunk now? Just asking.

I grew up thinking it was the complete package that made a dunker. Like the variety, the style, making each one a little different form the next, being great off both two or one legs, having the basic Julius Erving type dunks down first then expanding from there. Did Carter really have the basic Julius fast style soaring dunks on the fast break? Also I think longevity should also factor in somewhere. If a guy was throwing down 10's for 12 years and then another was throwing down 10's for 3 years. Which is better? Also should the importance of the dunks be factored in? I think they should. dunking in the first quarter against some .500 ball club is one thing but dunking and throwing down a 10 on a Contender in the fourth quarter of a Finals is another. That takes a lot of energy and athority to do so in those moments because there's so much more things you're concentrating on and so many things to use energy on thourghout a Finals game.

Playmaker12
09-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Even if you're 100 yo

If you like that style. You know the whole behind the back, under the legs type dunker. Oh yeah and of course the "attitude" after and before the dunk. Like they just won the NBA Championship, even though it's week 2 in the NBA and they're in the first quarter against a lottery team.

I Rock Shaqs
09-23-2014, 11:06 AM
My two favorite in game dunkers were easily
Amare Stoudmire & Rudy Gay

Amare on PHX oh lawd automatic dunk anywhere around the rim and always so much force.

Playmaker12
09-23-2014, 11:14 AM
Good list, though Dawkins I am less familiar with than the others.

Thanks, I think it's a great list to. It's not just gimmick dunkers like you see today. JR Smith, V. Carter, McGrady, Gerald Green.

It's a list that I think are the 5 best ever. They did it in real Game Time Action on the highest of stages and showed great respect for thier opponents.

If I was to expand the list I'd choose Julius Erving, Charles Barkley, Clyde the Glide Drexler, Hakeem really enjoyed his dunks for a big man, wasn't really all that big either more like barely 6'11 245 in his leaping prime. Always liked Patrick Ewing's dunks aswell. This guy could sky in his day and had hangtime as all the others did too.
Also liked Shaq's dunks.

I've seen Clyde the Glide take it over 7'4 Sampson and Hakeem at once.
Also seen Clyde do many many great dunks. Like game 2 I believe it was in the NBA Finals against the Bulls when he wanted to make a statement back to the Bulls and Jordan. He took that ball in over 7'1 Cartwright who can jump vertically, and glided over him for the jam from about 12 feet out. Pippen was in the picture as well. Also I think Jordan was getting back aswell. One of the better Finals dunks ever. But Pippen did get Drexler back with one of his own later that game.
Clyde also has what I believe is the farthest in game dunk in NBA history. He took off from just about 10 inches inside the free throw line, but it was from the corner. which is a little farther. So it was from 15 feet out. Free throw line legitimately. He lifted that ball above his head at the NBA three point line and took his two long smoot strides and lift off like a dang eagle. The ball peak was at legitimately 11.5 feet (middle of ball).

HoopsDrive
09-23-2014, 11:29 AM
Easily Vince Carter. That poster over that French dude is still one of the greatest sports moments I've ever witnessed in my life. I'm pretty sure someone else already put the YT of that feat in this thread already.

Of the rest, I like Nique, Jordan, Tmac, Kemp, Shaq, Amare, Jrich, Smoove.

ThuglifeJ
09-23-2014, 12:06 PM
Vince: Greatest dunker of all time. He did every dunk my dude Kobe did with the same attitude but from higher up or further away

But his under the legs dunk was not off the dribble like Kobe's which I think is a little more impressive. Not that that dunk is the end all be all, but still.

Also how can someone be the greatest dunker without a legit free throw line dunk off the dribble?

Vince probably gets my vote for most antics after his dunks.

I'm convinced you're trolling. Ive never seen someone who doesn't think VC is the best dunker or at least considered for it.

Clearly you weren't watching, because you wouldnt be so biased if you experienced it, even if these are your boys.

The stuff you make up is ridiculous. He had more variety than anyone ever and more longevity you keep throwing out now..he still throws down solid jams at age 37. 37! Who else has ever done that.

Playmaker12
09-23-2014, 12:25 PM
Easily Vince Carter. That poster over that French dude is still one of the greatest sports moments I've ever witnessed in my life. I'm pretty sure someone else already put the YT of that feat in this thread already.

You're easily amused then. It wasn't a real professional basketball player and why do you like it so much. Why is this play over rated so much?? I have my suspicions.

ThuglifeJ
09-23-2014, 12:27 PM
---

Sly Guy
09-23-2014, 12:27 PM
old or new, vince was best.

Jordan, Dr J, honorable mentions. Guys like Shaq and Dwight were good, but not flashy. When i think best dunker, I think power and flash

Playmaker12
09-23-2014, 12:29 PM
I'm convinced you're trolling. Ive never seen someone who doesn't think VC is the best dunker or at least considered for it.

Clearly you weren't watching, because you wouldnt be so biased if you experienced it, even if these are your boys.

The stuff you make up is ridiculous. He had more variety than anyone ever and more longevity you keep throwing out now..he still throws down solid jams at age 37. 37! Who else has ever done that.

I just don't over rate him on a few dunks or reactions he got like all the Arron Carters of the world did. You know all the 13 year olds that first watch basektball in 1999.

Take the play you're showing on your signature. That's a boring *** dunk with no defense around and he's just mainly stretching out to get the dunk.

Why did Chris Webber call him go go gadgit. Do you not trust Chris Webber's opinion of a player that he played against in their primes?

ThuglifeJ
09-23-2014, 12:36 PM

I just don't over rate him on a few dunks or reactions he got like all the Arron Carters of the world did. You know all the 13 year olds that first watch basektball in 1999.

Take the play you're showing on your signature. That's a boring *** dunk with no defense around and he's just mainly stretching out to get the dunk.

Why did Chris Webber call him go go gadgit. Do you not trust Chris Webber's opinion of a player that he played against in their primes?

So? Its a SIG it doesn't have to be his best dunk..its just a cool gif. You want me to fault him for there not being defense that moment? What do u want him to do ? Yell at everyone to hurry and get in front of him quick

Your logic is awful again. My SIG doesn't = his whole repitoir

Idk what that means, Chris Webber also called him the best dunker of all time. I already showed you that. But I'm sure u didn't watch that either because it pains you so much to see a guy not from the 70s or 80s who dominated the dunking category.

Anyways this is a somewhat opinion base, so I think it's funny u keep trying to change ppls opinions like this.

Playmaker12
09-23-2014, 12:45 PM
When i think best dunker, I think power and flash

So you only look for the quickness (flash) and all the cartwheels and candy sprinkled on.

What if someone does a front flip and jams it. Would he then be better than Carter in your mind?

I look for athletic ability and who they dunked on and what it meant in the series or game. I also look for athority and ball control with either hand while dunking.

I like the around the back, under the legs, Sure they're ok at times, if the defense called for it. But it does not make the end all be all dunker. Because I highly doubt Jordan was trying to do those type of dunks. He certainly could, but he didn't want to by choice, because some of the dunks carter was doing were corny. Also he always had this "look at me I'm real bad face on" like he could dunk on anyone and anytime. OK, then howcome I never saw him do **** in the playoffs. Where did his false confidence go then. Why didn't he back it up and just dunk the ball everytime and win some Series and make it to the Finals? He had that "look at me attitude' in the season...

A lot more that goes into it. Also I don't think there is a best dunker ever. It's like naming your favorite song ever or something. It's art, it's subjective.

I can't say who I like more between Kemp or Jordan for instance.

Carter is some where down the list, but I've honestly seen more "flashy dunkers before" They just weren't all stars so their highlights were not sprinkled all over ESPN like Carters.

Gerald Green, JR Smith actually did a behind the back dunk. If we're only going to judge on gimmick dunks than so be it. James white has a faster more flashy windmill than Vine and he does it from way farther out.

Playmaker12
09-23-2014, 12:55 PM
You don't know what Go-Go-Gadgit means? How old are you, like 10?

HoopsDrive
09-23-2014, 01:00 PM
You're easily amused then. It wasn't a real professional basketball player and why do you like it so much. Why is this play over rated so much?? I have my suspicions.

You can try to discredit that all you want but even the French play-by-play announcers went batshit crazy after seeing what VC did to their rim protector. Not every day you see a 7 footer get leapfrogged and teabagged at the same time. Not to mention it was the gold medal game.

The combination of the athletic ability required to pull something like that off, the size of the obstacle and the stage where it happened makes it the greatest dunk I've ever seen.

Hawkeye15
09-23-2014, 01:04 PM
is someone actually arguing against VC as the best dunker? There is nobody close honestly, when it comes to pure power, artistry, and athletic ability in a dunk.

Hawkeye15
09-23-2014, 01:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdBXzid3m7E

you can literally stop after dunk 3 haha, when a peak Admiral doesn't even bother challenging him on a one dribble drive, you know everyone knows to stay out of the ****ing way. Unless you are Zo, in which case you get smashed on

ThuglifeJ
09-23-2014, 02:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdBXzid3m7E

you can literally stop after dunk 3 haha, when a peak Admiral doesn't even bother challenging him on a one dribble drive, you know everyone knows to stay out of the ****ing way. Unless you are Zo, in which case you get smashed on

There's really not more you can do as a dunker, not only has he done every best open court dunk and more, and the best SDC, he's jammed it on every big name center in the league. The only one who he didn't posterize was Shaq because Shaq tackled him on his back both times and said that he'll never let him do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHG1g8IFbQk

^you can watch that video Catch/Playmaker. Every dunk imaginable is done and with athleticism, power, style, grace. Now imagine seeing these live it was unreal.

The only warning I have with that video is if you've seen all those dunks no dunks will excite you any as much anymore..except Posters, those are always exciting live.

ThuglifeJ
09-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Lol I just gave you 100 dunks you can't even defend against. Those Jordan dunks are great, he's top 5 and I love Jordan's dunks but he can only sniff Vince's dunking ability.

how many accounts do u have anyways? Jeez

NYKalltheway
09-25-2014, 08:22 AM
Top 10:

Dominique Wilkins
Darryl Dawkins
Shaquille O'Neal
Shawn Kemp
Julius Erving
Vince Carter
Michael Jordan
Kobe Bryant
Dwayne Wade
Tracy McGrady/Scottie Pippen/Clyde Drexler

okay, top 12

(not really in order but almost)

PurpleLynch
09-25-2014, 11:53 AM

Why? He played in Europe at pro level.

ewing
09-25-2014, 01:38 PM
Vince

/thread

LA_Raiders
09-25-2014, 01:55 PM
VC, Kobe, MJ, Ike

DarrylDawkins
09-25-2014, 04:15 PM
Jordan was better than carter, most of you are too young to have seen prime Jordan. He did his dunks in the middle of a one point game and could actually dunk in the playoffs.
Julius, Wilkins, Dawkins, and Kemp were also better at dunking, for the same reasons.

ThuglifeJ
09-25-2014, 05:00 PM
Jordan was better than carter, most of you are too young to have seen prime Jordan. He did his dunks in the middle of a one point game and could actually dunk in the playoffs.
Julius, Wilkins, Dawkins, and Kemp were also better at dunking, for the same reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afstPg-aHTA

IKnowHoops
09-26-2014, 09:36 PM
1. Lebron
2. Vince
3. Jordan
4. Shaq
5. Drob
6. Blake
7. Kemp
8. Tmac
9. Kobe
10. Francis

Kaner
09-26-2014, 11:47 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afstPg-aHTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YCPQKLEqdk

yungincome
09-27-2014, 12:28 AM
The Reign Man

tredigs
09-27-2014, 01:47 AM
1. Lebron
2. Vince
3. Jordan
4. Shaq
5. Drob
6. Blake
7. Kemp
8. Tmac
9. Kobe
10. Francis
Guy. Your Lebron ultra-love is weird. He's a very strong dunker, but also a very predictable and too often boring dunker. A laughable distance away from the VC/MJ tier of all around entertainment in their finishing ability at the rim.

Not feeling the Shaq love on the dunks in these lists, either. Top 5 all time? I just don't get it. Strong as hell, but close to zero dexterity or creativity.

IKnowHoops
09-27-2014, 04:34 AM
Guy. Your Lebron ultra-love is weird. He's a very strong dunker, but also a very predictable and too often boring dunker. A laughable distance away from the VC/MJ tier of all around entertainment in their finishing ability at the rim.

Not feeling the Shaq love on the dunks in these lists, either. Top 5 all time? I just don't get it. Strong as hell, but close to zero dexterity or creativity.

Man, my bad, I thought the title said favorite dunker. His explosion to the rim is second to none. Sure Vince and Jordan had more style, but I am more impressed by his combination of power, explosion, launch distance and height Bron comes with. You watch a highlight of Lebron dunking, then watch anyone else and they all seem a gear slower, and 2-3 notches weaker. Lebron is explosive on a level that cannot be matched. When it comes to the speed and power of his dunks he is a man among boys.

Now to Shaq, again, I am impressed with power more than anything. When he tore the whole basketball hoop down, I was more impressed by that than any dunk Vince has ever done. When he would dunk on two people draped on him and they would just crumble underneath him, it was a force of nature almost. I find that more incredible than the finesse of other dunkers. I still have Vince and Mike at 2-3 so its not like I forgot about them, but they both look considerably weaker and slower than Bron when dunking.

My preference dude. Your free to like who you want, and so am I.

Your infatuation with my Bron love is even weirder.

Shlumpledink
09-27-2014, 05:02 AM
My favorite dunkers were:

Shawn Kemp and Barkley for the aggression

Kobe and Jordan for their effective and creative in-game dunks in traffic

Dominique and Vince Carter for the pure aesthetics

IKnowHoops
09-27-2014, 07:50 AM

And this statement just disqualifies your opinion on anything Lebron Tre. I get it bro, something about him bothers you and you won't admit it but its there. Nothing boring about a 6'8" 260lb dude who runs faster and jumps higher than everyone else. If that bores you, then for you the NBA must be nearly unwatchable.

tredigs
09-27-2014, 12:39 PM
^Fair enough on the personal opinion fact of this, "no wrong answers" and such, but the Lebron dunk (we all know it... torque the ball to the right and slam...), as impressive as it is based on speed+power got old. Movements mid-air, rotating and the 'unkown' factor are what help make great dunkers imo. Which is why I would never include Shaq anywhere near a top dunkers list. Creativity > knowing what's about to happen.

HoopsDrive
09-27-2014, 02:45 PM
LeBron's dunks are quite pleasant to look at and with above average amount of power. He's also a really good posterizer. However, he's very, very predictable and almost always does the same dunk. That's what really gets him, he has very little creativity.

I'm of the opinion he's a terrific dunker and could, maybe should, increase his repertoire a bit. He has the athleticism and power, just doesn't have the creativity.

IKnowHoops
09-27-2014, 02:56 PM
^Fair enough on the personal opinion fact of this, "no wrong answers" and such, but the Lebron dunk (we all know it... torque the ball to the right and slam...), as impressive as it is based on speed+power got old. Movements mid-air, rotating and the 'unkown' factor are what help make great dunkers imo. Which is why I would never include Shaq anywhere near a top dunkers list. Creativity > knowing what's about to happen.

LeBron's dunks are quite pleasant to look at and with above average amount of power. He's also a really good posterizer. However, he's very, very predictable and almost always does the same dunk. That's what really gets him, he has very little creativity.

I'm of the opinion he's a terrific dunker and could, maybe should, increase his repertoire a bit. He has the athleticism and power, just doesn't have the creativity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-AevYl_tMI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z4H9UklTQM

This is one of a kind stuff right here
Sheer athletic dominance >>>> creativity any day.

IKnowHoops
09-27-2014, 03:05 PM
Oh and lets not forget the in game free throw line dunk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQLUvMNRQ-o

I can't make this stuff up. LOL

HoopsDrive
09-27-2014, 03:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-AevYl_tMI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z4H9UklTQM

This is one of a kind stuff right here
Sheer athletic dominance >>>> creativity any day.

No question they're both sick dunks but without creativity it's like watching the same dunk over and over again. Once you've seen one LeBron dunk you've seen them all is basically what I'm saying. His athleticism is off the charts but his dunks all feel the same which is why I personally don't rate him as high as other great dunkers.

IKnowHoops
09-27-2014, 03:29 PM

No question they're both sick dunks but without creativity it's like watching the same dunk over and over again. Once you've seen one LeBron dunk you've seen them all is basically what I'm saying. His athleticism is off the charts but his dunks all feel the same which is why I personally don't rate him as high as other great dunkers.

I get what your saying, but at the end of the day, for me, seeing the athletic ability on display does more for me than creativity with less athletic ability. But I love watching Mike and Vince and have no problem with anyone saying they are better dunkers than Lebron. I would probably agree, but I am still more impressed with what Bron is able to do.

sciferguy
09-27-2014, 03:57 PM
Some good names but I'd put Mr. Grandmama Larry Johnson and Sir Charles Barkley as well as Dr.j even though he was in his last year's when I started watching basketball.

HoopsDrive
09-27-2014, 04:05 PM
I get what your saying, but at the end of the day, for me, seeing the athletic ability on display does more for me than creativity with less athletic ability. But I love watching Mike and Vince and have no problem with anyone saying they are better dunkers than Lebron. I would probably agree, but I am still more impressed with what Bron is able to do.

I totally understand man, got no problem either with anyone having LeBron as their fav dunker, just wanted to give my 2 cents on his style. His posters over Damon and Jet are still 2 of my fav in the past decade or so.

BoSox47
09-27-2014, 04:18 PM
the fact no one has said josh smith is wild

IKnowHoops
09-27-2014, 07:00 PM

1. Lebron
2. Vince
3. Jordan
4. Shaq
5. Drob
6. Blake
7. Kemp
8. Tmac
9. Kobe
10. Francis

I don't know how I left Nique off. I would put him at #4 and Francis would be off the list.

kingsdelez24
09-27-2014, 07:17 PM
the fact no one has said josh smith is wild

+1. Always loved how he could throw ot down

effen5
09-27-2014, 09:13 PM
Honestly for me...there's only 2. Vince and Kemp.

I think people forget how ridiculous Kemp was back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQeMhYJe5JA

And as for Vince...I can just watch him all day. My fav dunk of all time is his 1 handed windmill off the backboard.

Ridiculous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWx2LiajxGg

SirSkyHook
09-27-2014, 09:36 PM
Honestly don't know how this kat is left off some many lists. Athleticism, Strength, Height and Swag aftermath. A lot of these dunks were done in his 30's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw4yC3YwSVM

and that's not even all of them lol

Seizabmc
09-27-2014, 10:26 PM
Dominique
Vince
Kemp

And in today's game, I'm a knicks fan so I'm bias but
I will say that I think jr smith and iman shumpert can trow down with anybody.

It's a shame that shump
Was selected to particapate in the dunk contest a couple years back but then got injured.

Maybe with the all star game being held in ny this season he will get another chance at it.

goingfor28
09-28-2014, 12:15 AM
Blake

Jamiecballer
09-28-2014, 11:56 AM
Edit