PDA

View Full Version : NBA Redraft Playoffs (2) District 12 vs (7) Des Plaines

Matter.
09-20-2014, 08:59 PM
Every summer, PSD holds a game where GM's re-draft players to see who creates the best team. This year, users from the site had to utilize their skills via draft, trades. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2014 NBA Re-Draft

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

District 12 has homecourt advantage.

District 12
PG: Stephen Curry/Nate Robinson
SG: Avery Bradley/Matt Barnes
SF: Jeff Green/Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
PF: Boris Diaw/Carlos Boozer
C: Joakim Noah/Javale McGee

vs

Des Plaines
PG: Tony Parker/Andre Miller
SG: Victor Oladipo/Mike Miller
SF: Rudy Gay/Francisco Garcia
PF: Pau Gasol/Glen Davis
C: Nene/Pero Antic

Des Plaines Writeup

PG: Steph Curry vs. Tony Parker
Matchup of the series. Parkerís playoff experience will be key here. He's a three-time NBA champion and the 2007 Finals MVP. Even as he fails to generate the respect he deserves, Parker has been a consummate professional as he leaves it all on the court every time out. For a player averaging 19.0 points in 156 postseason games, it's fair to assume that Parker has seen stars before and walked away victorious. I donít see Curry being able to contain Parker for a full series.
Statistically speaking, Curry has the edge, as he's proven to be the creator of all offense for the Warriors thus far. In that same breath, Parker has been the catalyst for the San Antonio Spurs' elite offensive production for years on hand. Parker will attack the basket and enter the lane, finishing over or around the weak Mocking Jay interior defenders. All they have to defend the paint is Noah. If we isolate Noah with our big men, who are great at the mid-range game, the only thing stopping Parker from having a field day is Boris Diaw, who has never been known for his defense.
For those number junkies out there, try this: during clutch situations, Parker posted a slash line of .471/.500/.806. If it comes down to the wire, Curry isn't the only one who can step up and make the big play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KBIrFjYOq8

SG: Avery Bradley vs. Victor Oladipo
Oladipoís main role on this team is for his defense. Heís still a young player learning the ropes, but his defense is above average already. He can defend with the best of them and we may even play Dipo on Curry in certain situations as well. He absolutely hounds opposing players. Heís not a slouch on offense either.

SF: Jeff Green vs. Rudy Gay
Jeff Green and Rudy Gay. Both are fantastic athletes, both are able to take over a game on any given night, and both are gifted scorers. Both have been bounced around the league and have been shopped in countless trade rumors over the past two seasons, and now it appears that one ó Gay ó is finding his stride while the other ó Green ó has lost his. Gay was averaging 20.0 points per game and shooting 51.0 percent from the field. Heís averaging 4.0 fewer field goal attempts than he was in Toronto, but is scoring 0.6 more points per game. With the Kings, though, Gay has been much more aggressive attacking the basket. He has used his athleticism to get around defenders and slash to the rim, where he is shooting an exceptionally-efficient 69.9 percent. He is attempting a career-high 5.1 free throw attempts a night too. Just like it was pointed out with Parker, Rudy will also be driving to the paint a lot and if we isolate Noah from away the basket, the Mocking Jays have no one to stop our drivers with their poor post defense.

Continued on next post....

Matter.
09-20-2014, 09:02 PM
PF: Boris Diaw vs. Pau Gasol
This is where we have the biggest advantage. If you guys have seen Pau play in FIBA this summer, you can see that he has a lot left in the tank. We all know what Pau can do and we all know what Diaw can do. Iíll let the video speak for itself about Pauís skills. His ability to space the floor and his above average passing skills will also come in handy for this matchup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVHabO3UF9g

C: Joakim Noah vs. Nene
This is actually a very intriguing matchup. Just this past year in the playoffs, we witnessed Noah receive the DPOY, but then get absolutely crushed by Nene in the paint in the playoffs. He did everything that we need him to do in that series, which will be showcased in the gifs below.

1. Nene pulls Noah away from the rim, which leaves driving into the paint a lot more possible.
http://www.businessinsider.com/image/5357bd4069beddc336ca22a9/nene-jump.gif

2. Nene has an array of post moves that even Noah wasnít able to stop in the playoffs this past year. http://www.businessinsider.com/image/5357bd406bb3f73631e151cc/nene-joakim-noah.gif

3. Lastly, Nene actually playing defense and coming up with the steal and the finish.
http://www.businessinsider.com/image/5357bd416bb3f71b2de151cf/nene-steal.gif

With that said, I honestly feel like we (Des Plaines), are a much talented team than our seeding represents. We have playoff experience in our starting lineup as well as our bench. We have veteran experience mixed with young talent. We have scorers, finishers and passers. We have the tools necessary to shut down Curry and Noah. The rest of their team is vulnerable and canít be depended on to take over games. Des Plaines advances in 6.

District 12 sent in no writeup.

Ebbs
09-21-2014, 03:04 AM
District 12 has more talent but Des Plaines matches up good here.

(Can't vote from the piece of **** app, but I'm voting Des Plaines.)

Mr. Baller
09-21-2014, 08:10 AM
Des Plaines. D12 remains the most overrated team in this

Raidaz4Life
09-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Des Plaines pretty easily here

Matter.
09-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Des PLaines matches up very well with D12

todu82
09-21-2014, 05:42 PM
District 12.

phlp_bj
09-21-2014, 06:59 PM
WIth ebbs' vote, it's 10-8 right now

Sportfan
09-22-2014, 02:20 PM
Both teams are FILLED with inconsistent starters so bench plays a huge factor in this series. D12's easily beats DP's putrid bench

KnicksorBust
09-22-2014, 05:52 PM
District 12. I don't see how Parker-Oladipo-Gay would all work together while D12 has a clear pecking order and has GREAT ball movers in Noah-Diaw in the frontcourt. Their depth is also great with guys like Boozer/MKG.

BullsNumber1Fan
09-22-2014, 07:30 PM
District 12. I don't see how Parker-Oladipo-Gay would all work together while D12 has a clear pecking order and has GREAT ball movers in Noah-Diaw in the frontcourt. Their depth is also great with guys like Boozer/MKG.

The same way that Parker-Manu-Kawhi worked for the Spurs.

KnicksorBust
09-22-2014, 07:39 PM
The same way that Parker-Manu-Kawhi worked for the Spurs.

No offense but that's a pretty terrible comparison. Just because you have Parker doesn't make Oladipo start playing like Manu and the idea that Gay and Kawhi have the same style is even more unrealistic. You also fail to realize that not only are the playing styles different but Manu and Kawhi are significantly more effective off the ball than both Dipo and Gay.

BullsNumber1Fan
09-22-2014, 07:43 PM
No offense but that's a pretty terrible comparison. Just because you have Parker doesn't make Oladipo start playing like Manu and the idea that Gay and Kawhi have the same style is even more unrealistic. You also fail to realize that not only are the playing styles different but Manu and Kawhi are significantly more effective off the ball than both Dipo and Gay.

It was more of a joke. Wasn't really trying to compare or else I would have wrote more than I did and explained it.:laugh2:

But I wasn't trying to compare Victor to Manu and Gay to Kawhi.

More trying to compare Victor to Kawhi and Gay to Manu. I think Victor would strive playing off of TP and Rudy. Have TP/Rudy break down the defense and Victor would be able to take more advantage off of drive and kick situations just like Kawhi does right now.

KnicksorBust
09-22-2014, 07:57 PM
It was more of a joke. Wasn't really trying to compare or else I would have wrote more than I did and explained it.:laugh2:

But I wasn't trying to compare Victor to Manu and Gay to Kawhi.

More trying to compare Victor to Kawhi and Gay to Manu. I think Victor would strive playing off of TP and Rudy. Have TP/Rudy break down the defense and Victor would be able to take more advantage off of drive and kick situations just like Kawhi does right now.

But Oladipo isn't a shooter. He's another "break down the defense" type of player. He's not nearly the perimeter threat that Kawhi Leonard was for the Spurs.

BullsNumber1Fan
09-22-2014, 10:15 PM
But Oladipo isn't a shooter. He's another "break down the defense" type of player. He's not nearly the perimeter threat that Kawhi Leonard was for the Spurs.

Which is more of what I'm talking about. It's easy to break down a defense that is already broken down already by TP/Rudy. And the same goes for TP/Rudy if Oladipo were to break it down.

He's not on my team, but Luol Deng is the perfect type of example of what I'm talking about. He relies on movement on drive and kicks to break down the defense and then he attacks. I think Oladipo would benefit a lot from this.

pebloemer
09-24-2014, 12:10 PM

Yah, I don't really understand the love for Des Plains. On top of your point, both of Des Plaines bigs, (while talented offensive players), leave plenty to be desired defensively.

I don't know how Des Plaines gets defensive stops and I don't see how they share the ball effectively. Whereas District 12 might be my favourite team in the redraft (although Brampton is probably better).

BullsNumber1Fan
09-24-2014, 12:20 PM
Yah, I don't really understand the love for Des Plains. On top of your point, both of Des Plaines bigs, (while talented offensive players), leave plenty to be desired defensively.

I don't know how Des Plaines gets defensive stops and I don't see how they share the ball effectively. Whereas District 12 might be my favourite team in the redraft (although Brampton is probably better).

Nene has never had a problem defensively and Pau is a 7 foot rim protector. They would do just fine defensively.

And sharing the ball won't be a problem at all when you have a championship PG running the team and you have one of the best big man passers with Pau.