PDA

View Full Version : NBA Redraft Playoffs (2) Brampton vs (7) Montreal

Matter.
09-20-2014, 08:23 PM
Every summer, PSD holds a game where GM's re-draft players to see who creates the best team. This year, users from the site had to utilize their skills via draft, trades. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2014 NBA Re-Draft

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

Brampton has homecourt advantage.

Brampton

PG: Isaiah Thomas/Mario Chalmers
SG: Ray Allen/Randy Foye
SF: Lebron James/Tobias Harris
PF: Ryan Anderson/Nick Collison
C: Tyson Chandler/Nazr Mohammed

vs

Montreal

C-Henson (24), Dieng (14), Frye (10)
PF-Faried (32), Frye (16)
SF-Ross (17), Tucker (31)
SG-Afflalo (33), Ross (13), Jack (2)
PG-Westbrook (36), Jack (12)

Neither Team sent in a writeup.

Ebbs
09-21-2014, 03:02 AM
Brampton.

(Can't vote from the piece of **** app, but I'm voting Brampton.)

mightybosstone
09-21-2014, 11:16 AM
That Brampton squad is pretty great. They don't blow you away with elite options around Lebron and there really isn't a great No. 2, but there are three guys who could be solid No. 3s on a playoff team surrounding Lebron and that group fits together perfectly. They aren't an excellent defensive team, but between Lebron and Chandler, that squad should be good enough to easily make the conference finals. I haven't seen the No. 1 seeds yet, but that's been my favorite squad so far and is my early team to beat.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-21-2014, 03:32 PM
Brampton.

Bruno
09-21-2014, 04:47 PM
props to the LBJ management for building a proper team around him.

Sadds The Gr8
09-21-2014, 05:15 PM
props to the LBJ management for building a proper team around him.
Thanks

todu82
09-21-2014, 05:33 PM
Brampton.

Sportfan
09-22-2014, 02:22 PM
Yeah from the 8 teams seen today Brampton would beat all of them in max 5.

KnicksorBust
09-22-2014, 05:47 PM
Brampton.

WTF? Aren't you the Montreal GM?

Russell Westbrook would absolutely slaughter Thomas and Faried was a stud at FIBA. He would run Ryan Anderson off the floor. Ross and Afflalo are respectable defenders to throw at Bron and Tyson Chandler is a one-dimensional player coming off a down season. Montreal even has the better bench.

Shammyguy3
09-22-2014, 10:03 PM
When i first opened this up, i instantly thought upset for exactly those reasons. But i thought it over, and think Lebron has enough weapons on his side allowing for Lebron's shear greatness to carry him to round 2. I think.

Sadds The Gr8
09-23-2014, 11:27 AM

Russell Westbrook would absolutely slaughter Thomas and Faried was a stud at FIBA. He would run Ryan Anderson off the floor. Ross and Afflalo are respectable defenders to throw at Bron and Tyson Chandler is a one-dimensional player coming off a down season. Montreal even has the better bench.
If Afflalo and Ross are respectable to put on lebron (which Ross isn't because of his lack of strength, see playoffs vs Joe Johnson), then Chalmers and LeBron are respectable to put on Westbrook. And what about the other way? Westbrook is known to struggle on pnr, where Isaiah is known to thrive and Chandler is one of the best screeners in the nba. Westbrook would get his vs Isaiah but in the later quarters I definitely have defenders for him

Chandler had a down season and is still infinitely better than Henson who has no playoff experience at all

Faried is a fair point. But I don't know if it's a lock that he's a trusted #2 option in a playoff series

Raps18-19 Champ
09-23-2014, 10:23 PM

I'm just being realistic here.

I also said that when the vote was like +20-0.

KnicksorBust
09-24-2014, 10:53 AM
I don't get the fun in drafting a team and watching it get slaughtered. The debate is the best part. There's no way this should have been 33-1. Also I'm very happy that the LeBron team shook things up as I suggested (they are much more of a threat now with Ray/Ryno instead of Bradley/Diaw) but it's not nearly as strong as this vote indicates so I hope they are ready for round 2. :)

Raps18-19 Champ
09-24-2014, 12:15 PM
I don't get the fun in drafting a team and watching it get slaughtered. The debate is the best part. There's no way this should have been 33-1. Also I'm very happy that the LeBron team shook things up as I suggested (they are much more of a threat now with Ray/Ryno instead of Bradley/Diaw) but it's not nearly as strong as this vote indicates so I hope they are ready for round 2. :)

Nah, I don't think I can convince anyone since I think the matchup is pretty definitive. Maybe if I made a writeup, it can be like like 20-10 instead of 33-1

Though I'll say that if you were the GM of Montreal with the exact same team and without a writeup, the vote wouldn't be 33-1.

KnicksorBust
09-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Nah, I don't think I can convince anyone since I think the matchup is pretty definitive. Maybe if I made a writeup, it can be like like 20-10 instead of 33-1

Though I'll say that if you were the GM of Montreal with the exact same team and without a writeup, the vote wouldn't be 33-1.

There is a lot of momentum early in votes. If you had a convincing write-up about how Ryan Anderson couldn't guard Faried the FIBA beast and including videos/first-hand accounts and then went on to describe how they are starting one of the worst defensive PGs in the league against your best player then who knows what would have happened? Maybe you split the early votes and some people decide to wait and hear more arguments instead of just piling on. Happens all the time.

Also, with me as GM and no write-up how would the vote be different? Your names aren't even attached to the teams.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-24-2014, 01:10 PM
There is a lot of momentum early in votes. If you had a convincing write-up about how Ryan Anderson couldn't guard Faried the FIBA beast and including videos/first-hand accounts and then went on to describe how they are starting one of the worst defensive PGs in the league against your best player then who knows what would have happened? Maybe you split the early votes and some people decide to wait and hear more arguments instead of just piling on. Happens all the time.

Eh, I don't think I'd win even then.

Also, with me as GM and no write-up how would the vote be different? Your names aren't even attached to the teams.

Well the second they know it's you, you'd get some of the votes.