PDA

View Full Version : NBA Redraft Playoffs (4) Minneapolis vs (5) Azkaban

Matter.
09-20-2014, 08:19 PM
Every summer, PSD holds a game where GM's re-draft players to see who creates the best team. This year, users from the site had to utilize their skills via draft, trades. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2014 NBA Re-Draft

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

Minneapolis has homecourt advantage.

Minneapolis

C: Al Jefferson l Kosta Koufos
PF: Josh Smith l Brandan Wright
SF: Corey Brewer l Draymond Green
SG: Kyle Korver l Chris Douglas-Roberts
PG: Kyle Lowry l Pablo Prigioni

vs

Azkaban

G: George Hill - DJ Augustin
G: Courtney Lee - Alec Burks
F: DeMar DeRozan - Kyle Singler
F: Kevin Love - Jason Thompson
C: Larry Sanders - Bismack Biyombo

Neither team sent in a writeup.

Redrum187
09-20-2014, 08:39 PM
Clean sweep for Minneapolis.

mightybosstone
09-20-2014, 08:51 PM
I normally would wait to see some debate, but I just really like the way that Minneapolis team is built and really don't trust Larry Sanders right now. I think they win the series, but Love and DeRozan do enough offensively to push it to seven.

Ebbs
09-21-2014, 03:05 AM
Azkaban looks like the real 2013-14 Wolves.. Nuff said.

(Can't vote from the piece of **** app, but I'm voting Minneapolis.)

SugeKnight
09-21-2014, 06:40 AM
Draymond Green is Minnys best PF

mightybosstone
09-21-2014, 10:35 AM
Draymond Green is Minnys best PF

Smith is super inefficient offensively, but let's not pretend like he doesn't still have value on the defensive end of the floor. He'd be the third option at best on that Minneapolis team offensively.

KnicksorBust
09-21-2014, 10:43 AM
I agree with everybody. Boring. :laugh: On to the next matchup.

SugeKnight
09-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Smith is super inefficient offensively, but let's not pretend like he doesn't still have value on the defensive end of the floor. He'd be the third option at best on that Minneapolis team offensively.
Green is a better defender than smith.

Shammyguy3
09-21-2014, 02:06 PM
:yawn:

this is a terrible matchup for my team, but I disagree Ebbs. My team doesn't resemble the real life T'Wolves at all. Sanders' defense meshes really well with Love, and DeRozan is the premier perimeter scorer/ball-handler that Love has never had to work with before. Hill/Lee provide exceptional efficiency and spacing.

Not to mention all of the scorers I have coming off my bench to make up for the lack of a true #3/#4 option in the starting lineup.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-21-2014, 04:07 PM
I like Azkaban but Minny's strengths are the positions where Azkaban is weak at.

Shammyguy3
09-21-2014, 04:44 PM
Yup it's just a bad matchup for me unfortunately :( i really like Kj's team though, outside of Josh Smith that is

todu82
09-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Azkaban.

Bruno
09-22-2014, 12:16 AM
Azkaban looks like the real 2013-14 Wolves.. Nuff said.

(Can't vote from the piece of **** app, but I'm voting Minneapolis.)

I think its the opposite man. Love gets his rim protector (something he didn't have in Minny), and wing who can create his own shot (Derozen); two major luxuries that balance out his game that he's never had. Hill and Burks is an underrated backcourt (Burcs should start IMO). Minny can't defend the paint and has poor floor spreading for an NBA front court. that teams counting on Kyle Korver to hit a lot of 3's to make defenses respect spacing.

Bruno
09-22-2014, 12:19 AM
I guess I'm saying- you guys are sleeping on Sanders hard.

but it would make sense that he wouldnt get any love at this specific point in time.

Mengxing
09-22-2014, 12:47 AM
I like Azkaban but Minny's strengths are the positions where Azkaban is weak at . I cant agree with you more :cheers: (http://www.thenbajerseystore.com/)

Shammyguy3
09-22-2014, 02:08 AM
I think its the opposite man. Love gets his rim protector (something he didn't have in Minny), and wing who can create his own shot (Derozen); two major luxuries that balance out his game that he's never had. Hill and Burks is an underrated backcourt (Burcs should start IMO). Minny can't defend the paint and has poor floor spreading for an NBA front court. that teams counting on Kyle Korver to hit a lot of 3's to make defenses respect spacing.

I guess I'm saying- you guys are sleeping on Sanders hard.

but it would make sense that he wouldnt get any love at this specific point in time.

Agree with this. I think this would be a close series, but I do admit that some of my team's weaknesses would be exposed

Sportfan
09-22-2014, 02:16 PM
Both teams are first round exit teams tbh. Don't think Smoove/Jeff would be pretty AT ALL I love Lowry but I don't know if he can be a team leader all alone.

Azbakan doesn't have a great fit either, Sanders blows. Lee and Hill are barely starters. Pretty much leaning on K Love going ham.

Shammyguy3
09-22-2014, 02:33 PM
Lee started nearly all of the games in Memphis. Sanders doesn't "blow" - but iderstand the hesitation. When healthy a year ago he was a beast. Idk how Geroge Hill is barely a starter either, that's nuts. And you didn't mention DeRozan as #2 that Love's never had

Sadds The Gr8
09-22-2014, 03:29 PM
There's more evidence of sanders being bad than good tho. he had one really good season but how do we know it's the norm?

Mr. Baller
09-22-2014, 06:54 PM
George Hill is pretty terrible tbh

xnick5757
09-22-2014, 08:43 PM
let's be honest, josh smith would single handedly lose this series for minneapolis. He would steal the ball from korver and chuck up a ton of 3s

jsmove is hilariously awful.

Redrum187
09-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Josh Smith would get more 3 point attempts than Korver.

TheCatch
09-22-2014, 09:53 PM
I'm sure all these rosters have major problems like for instance Derozan is really about 6'5 195 and really can't hold up for a season against forwards, or atleast the forwards I'd pick.
Sanders is a head case and injury prone. Also he wouldn't hold up against the Center's I'd pick.

Derozen is a good pick but more at the SG.

As for the other team Brewer is more like a bench player. I like the Draymond Green pick as he's the next athletic version of Ron Artest. Too many people are not up to date with his game.

Korver is a bench player.

Josh Smith is a SF because he refuses to take shots inside and rebound like a PF. And you can't play him at SF because he's also a dumb chucker and shoots a horrible percentage. I remember telling some Smith fans last off season that he wouldn't help the Pistons at all. I was right.

Just overall though, these rosters are all poorly constructed and have no "identity" to differentiate from the other teams. They're all the same.

Shammyguy3
09-22-2014, 09:56 PM
There's more evidence of sanders being bad than good tho. he had one really good season but how do we know it's the norm?

He's a young player that hasn't had a ton of experience. We don't know if it's the norm, but being on a team where he fits in quite well as opposed to Milwaukee, i'd expect more good than bad from him

i don't see how Hill is terrible at all either Baller; i mean, if we're just gonna say "this starter and that starter" are terrible, then i agree with nick. Josh Smith is one of the worst ****ing starters in the league, he's an idiot and a complete negative offensively that is overrated defensively in my book.

I also don't see how we can not bring up Corey Brewer starting? a career 50.1ts% player, 101 ORtg, .055 WS/48. He's posted three negative OWS seasons. Add those to J-Smoove's negative OWS int he past two years, and where's the consistency coming from that team?

And that's before we even get into Al Jefferson, who's not all that efficient of a player himself.

TheCatch
09-22-2014, 10:01 PM
Overall both teams are bad and the Love, Derozen team would go about 42 and 40 in a season.

The other team has only two really good players that is Jeffereson and Draymond, they go about the same record.

TheCatch
09-22-2014, 10:04 PM
George Hill is pretty terrible tbh

About the 50th best PG honestly in the weak pg NBA

Shammyguy3
09-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Is Kyle Lowry a bad player then Thecatch?

And you understand this is a Re-draft game, it's meant to spread the talent out and not have 60+ win teams and 30-win teams be probably when constructing a team.

Shammyguy3
09-22-2014, 10:07 PM
About the 50th best PG honestly in the weak pg NBA

weak PG NBA, trolling/sarcastic/serious. Which one?

TheCatch
09-22-2014, 10:47 PM
Is Kyle Lowry a bad player then Thecatch?

And you understand this is a Re-draft game, it's meant to spread the talent out and not have 60+ win teams and 30-win teams be probably when constructing a team.

Not too impressed with Lowery. He's done many cheap things over the years to his team, team mates, girlfriends, and opponents. He is not to be trusted.

Watch, he'll never do anything significant in the NBA. I know many from the East are hyping him like crazy the last couple of years. But what do they know. The entire east is full of 25 win bad teams.

a good GM could still build a powerhouse team that would win 65 games a year and dominate the playoffs.

For instance I know that everyone is going to go after three point shooters and Shooting guards or wing players first. What you do is pick power players and defensive players. Everyone know a power team beats a three point shooting team everytime. Not even some of the time. EVERYTIME.

You could easily get steals in a draft.

players like Duncan, Dirk, Draymond, Leonard, Parker, Would all go about 20 spots later than they should. They can easily be picked up.

Those 5 right there would win about 70 games in todays NBA. With a good bench supporting of course.

I would have to be drafting to go into detail of what can be done and it is harder to do in todays NBA than say 15 years ago, but still can be done.

Shammyguy3
09-22-2014, 11:33 PM
i feel like this thread should just be closed, sorta derailed by recent posts and the matchup's decided

Shammyguy3
09-22-2014, 11:38 PM
Not too impressed with Lowery. He's done many cheap things over the years to his team, team mates, girlfriends, and opponents. He is not to be trusted.

Watch, he'll never do anything significant in the NBA. I know many from the East are hyping him like crazy the last couple of years. But what do they know. The entire east is full of 25 win bad teams.

a good GM could still build a powerhouse team that would win 65 games a year and dominate the playoffs.

For instance I know that everyone is going to go after three point shooters and Shooting guards or wing players first. What you do is pick power players and defensive players. Everyone know a power team beats a three point shooting team everytime. Not even some of the time. EVERYTIME.

You could easily get steals in a draft.

players like Duncan, Dirk, Draymond, Leonard, Parker, Would all go about 20 spots later than they should. They can easily be picked up.

Those 5 right there would win about 70 games in todays NBA. With a good bench supporting of course.

I would have to be drafting to go into detail of what can be done and it is harder to do in todays NBA than say 15 years ago, but still can be done.

there's a lot of nonsense in this post. But all of those players you listed, outside of Draymond (weird!) went in the top-30 selections lol. So i'm not sure how they went "20 spots later than they should" unless you think Kawhi Leonard is a top 8 player

Duncan 14th overall
Dirk 15th overall
Parker 16th overall
Leonard 28th overall

Lucky.
09-22-2014, 11:59 PM
there's a lot of nonsense in this post. But all of those players you listed, outside of Draymond (weird!) went in the top-30 selections lol. So i'm not sure how they went "20 spots later than they should" unless you think Kawhi Leonard is a top 8 player

Duncan 14th overall
Dirk 15th overall
Parker 16th overall
Leonard 28th overall

Don't bother. I'm pretty sure he's just the guy that made multiple dupes time after time in the top 50 player discussion. He claimed he played in an ATRD before and dominated because he got the #1 pick with only about 15 teams.

Playmaker12
09-23-2014, 11:22 AM
I haven't looked at the list, but I'm sure there are more steals in the draft out there. Derozen was proabbly a steal.
Leonard is a steal He's more like at top 15 player.

Where did Monta Ellis go in the draft? Cause he's worth taking around 40 for sure.

Lucky.
09-23-2014, 12:10 PM
I haven't looked at the list, but I'm sure there are more steals in the draft out there. Derozen was proabbly a steal.
Leonard is a steal He's more like at top 15 player.

Where did Monta Ellis go in the draft? Cause he's worth taking around 40 for sure.

They aren't a steal if everyone disagrees with you. I'm pretty sure no one in this game believes Kawhi Leonard is a top 15 player in the NBA, right now. Why? Because he's not. If you picked him 13th there would be little to no chance you even make the playoffs to get to this voting stage.

Mr. Baller
09-23-2014, 05:37 PM
Kawhi Leonard in the top 15 is absolute absurdity.

Shammyguy3
09-24-2014, 12:09 AM
thanks to everyone who voted on the matchup, participated in discussion, and congratulations to Killerjug on advancing :clap:

DarrylDawkins
09-25-2014, 03:01 PM
If everyone thinks exactly the same way, how is anyone going to get an edge on anyone? You ever think about that??? Probably not.

Kawhi is the best defensive SF in the NBA and he has the best post game of any SF and he's become the best mid range shooter and is a very efficient scorer now and getting better everyday. He's certainly a top 20 player in the NBA, he was the Finals MVP afterall you know. I know you try not to count this past Finals because your precious lebron lost.

Give Kawhi 15 shots a game and he scores a solid 19 a game. Some of you have no imagination at all. You would have to be a complete idiot to think the Athletic and gifted Kawhi can't average 18 or 19 a game.

Also one other thing, everyone knows defense wins in the playoffs and in big games during the season.