PDA

View Full Version : (Windhorst) Minnesota Timberwolves offer Eric Bledsoe max contract [sign & trade]

Bruno
09-19-2014, 04:36 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11553530/minnesota-timberwolves-offer-eric-bledsoe-max-contract-sign-trade-phoenix-suns

With just days before the start of training camp, the Minnesota Timberwolves are making a final push to acquire restricted free-agent guard Eric Bledsoe in a sign-and-trade with the Phoenix Suns, sources told ESPN.com.

Fruitless contract talks with the Suns have soured point guard Eric Bledsoe's appetite on Phoenix.
The Wolves are offering Bledsoe the four-year, $63 million maximum-level contract that he has been seeking, sources said. Bledsoe and the Suns have been in a stalemate all summer after the team offered him a four-year, $48 million deal in July.

This is a renewal of talks that have stretched over the past several months. The teams had discussions involving a Kevin Love trade that would involve Bledsoe but never made serious traction on a deal.

The Wolves, who acquired No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins after trading Love to the Cleveland Cavaliers last month, see Bledsoe as a strong running mate to their new franchise player and have made some aggressive offers to Phoenix to try to get them to accept a deal.

Bledsoe has made it clear to the Suns and any other team that he was only interested in signing a max contract and otherwise would sign a one-year, $3.7 million qualifying offer with the Suns that would enable him to become an unrestricted free agent next year.

The relationship between Bledsoe and the Suns has eroded over the contract impasse, and the Suns signed free-agent guard Isaiah Thomas to a four-year, $27 million deal in July after drafting guard Tyler Ennis in the first round in June.

Bledsoe averaged 17.7 points and 5.5 assists in 43 games for the Suns last season after being traded from the Los Angeles Clippers. He suffered a meniscus injury to his knee midseason and returned after surgery.

Fox 10 in Phoenix earlier reported the Wolves had made a maximum contract offer to Bledsoe.

Hawkeye15
09-19-2014, 04:38 PM
well what the hell are my Wolves offering?

jaydubb
09-19-2014, 04:38 PM
I guess they are moving on from Ricky Rubio then.. Wow.. I really think the Bledsoe hype is a bit overblown..

Oefarmy2005
09-19-2014, 04:46 PM
I am going to guess, Martin, Brewer, Barrea? Maybe Pek if need be? But overall, it's a stupid move. Too early for where our team is at and two expensive.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Suns probably want a young center like Dieng? Or would they take on Pek? Not sure they want Rubio? Unless third team is involved? You figure Bledsoe probably average $16M per. Wolves at $70M already. So Suns need to eat some salary. Or find a third team to eat some dead weight while sweeteners are added for incentive. 76ers? Bucks?

Cal827
09-19-2014, 04:47 PM
:laugh: This is gonna be fun

Bruno
09-19-2014, 04:49 PM
well what the hell are my Wolves offering?
right?!? Especially considering the fact that Rubio is a one year rental without getting an extension. this idea wreaks of "three team deal" to me.

Who might be wiling to extend Rubio, give up multiple expirings, and offer a future first round pick to accommodate the deal? don't mind if I do, thanks Houston.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l3l9etp

haha, you'll want to slap me for that but i couldn't resist.

jaydubb
09-19-2014, 04:49 PM
I think Rubio has to be involved somehow.. I mean where does he fit?? You got Bledsoe at the 1 lavine at the 2 wiggins at the 3

Bruno
09-19-2014, 04:51 PM
this will become a three or four team deal it just doesn't make enough sense for it to be a two team deal unless Phoenix really wants to extend Rubio (when they already have Dragic, Thomas, and Ennis).

deaner
Wiggins 3 team tour before he plays a game?

Hawkeye15
I think Rubio has to be involved somehow.. I mean where does he fit?? You got Bledsoe at the 1 lavine at the 2 wiggins at the 3

LaVine won't play much for a whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile.

Who knows, maybe Phx's medical staff thinks they can keep Pek on the floor haha

will be interesting to see where this goes. I would be fine sending Rubio out in this deal. Let him go miss layups and turn the ball over in closing moments in the desert...

Hawkeye15
09-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Suns probably want a young center like Dieng? Or would they take on Pek? Not sure they want Rubio? Unless third team is involved? You figure Bledsoe probably average $16M per. Wolves at $70M already. So Suns need to eat some salary. Or find a third team to eat some dead weight while sweeteners are added for incentive. 76ers? Bucks?

I can almost guarantee these are the closest things to untouchable on the Wolves roster:

Wiggins
LaVine
Dieng

Dieng is going nowhere.

jaydubb
09-19-2014, 04:53 PM
LaVine won't play much for a whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile.

Who knows, maybe Phx's medical staff thinks they can keep Pek on the floor haha

will be interesting to see where this goes. I would be fine sending Rubio out in this deal. Let him go miss layups and turn the ball over in closing moments in the desert...

Your team is starting to look good.. No lie they are starting to become one of my teams that I follow

Bruno
09-19-2014, 04:57 PM
Your team is starting to look good.. No lie they are starting to become one of my teams that I follow

i think the wolves should get one more lottery pick to add to this core and start winning next year. maybe shoot for .500 in 2015-2016. contenders the following year.

Oefarmy2005
09-19-2014, 05:00 PM
In any case, look for the wolves to trade one crappy shooting SG for another. At least Bledsoe can finish at the rim I guess... I still think the plan would be to have both Ricky and Bledsoe for a year.

jaydubb
09-19-2014, 05:03 PM
i think the wolves should get one more lottery pick to add to this core and start winning next year. maybe shoot for .500 in 2015-2016. contenders the following year.

I agree with this. I really think they are the new thunder.. They won't do much this year and maybe next but I think if they keep this young core together they will be contenders in the next 2-3 years

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-19-2014, 05:06 PM
I can almost guarantee these are the closest things to untouchable on the Wolves roster:

Wiggins
LaVine
Dieng

Dieng is going nowhere.

Going by fellow Wolves poster what they suggest earlier on Wolves board of Suns probably prefer Dieng. I suggested Pek and dead weight filler in JJ. But not sure Suns wanna take back a ton of dead weight since they need some cap next year to sign Dragic and RFA Morris twins. Wolves at $70M already. Most likely Bledsoe is coming back at $16M per.

So some team is eating some dead weight. I think Wolves probably have to cough up young asset or pick to third team to eat dead weight of JJ/Bud/Brewer or something. I was already suggesting that idea on Bucks board to eat some dead salary like JJ for a incentive like Glenn Robinson III or Shabazz or both.

jaydubb
09-19-2014, 05:07 PM
In any case, look for the wolves to trade one crappy shooting SG for another. At least Bledsoe can finish at the rim I guess... I still think the plan would be to have both Ricky and Bledsoe for a year.

It's either Kevin Martin or Ricky Rubio is what I'm thinking just to make salary match. If it's Kevin Martin I would assume 1st rounders will be included, if it is Rubio then it might just be 1 first but I'm thinking Phoenix definitely wants to know Rubio or whatever team he goes to will be willing to extend first.

mrblisterdundee
09-19-2014, 05:10 PM
If I'm the Timberwolves, I hold the Suns at Anthony Bennett and Nikola Pekovic for Eric Bledsoe, with a signed commitment by him to a longer contract.
Seriously, though; Bledsoe's turning into an over-demanding little prick, even if he does play defense. He's coming off a knee injury. Why exactly does that make him a candidate for a max contract?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-19-2014, 05:10 PM
There was a rumor of the Bulls were interested in Martin for Dunleavy and Snell. Unless that died down? Cause I also heard they had mild interests in Mayo as well.

Sly Guy
09-19-2014, 05:11 PM
wow wolves, just wow. Some gross over payment there.

FraziersKnicks
If Bledsoe ends up on the Wolves could we be looking at the most athletic lineup ever?!

PG: Eric Bledsoe
SG: Zach LaVine
SF: Andrew Wiggins
PF: Thaddeus Young
C: Gorgui Dieng

1-4 is crazy athleticism! Hawkeye, you might have a frustrating but very fun season ahead of you :laugh2:

Bruno
I might go Eric Bledsoe for Anthony Bennett and Nikola Pekovic, with a signed, legal commitment by Bledsoe to a longer contract. Seriously; that guy's turning into an untrustworthy, over-demanding little prick, even if he does play defense. He's coming off a knee injury. Why exactly does that make him a candidate for a max contract?

the Pek contract might be immovable for Minny. its too long, Phoenix might want no part of that. or its a great fit. who knows.

Oefarmy2005
09-19-2014, 05:13 PM
It's either Kevin Martin or Ricky Rubio is what I'm thinking just to make salary match. If it's Kevin Martin I would assume 1st rounders will be included, if it is Rubio then it might just be 1 first but I'm thinking Phoenix definitely wants to know Rubio or whatever team he goes to will be willing to extend first.

I don't see a first with Rubio, unless it's maximally protected and 3 years down the road. In any case, I am guessing this is a completely false report because it just doesn't make much sense. I also think the Wolves got some type of trade exception from the Love trade if they want to go over the cap.

Bruno
09-19-2014, 05:14 PM
wow wolves, just wow. Some gross over payment there.

this is what the Wolves and other small market teams have to do to get and keep their talent. KG being the highest paid player in NBA history happened by design. he's made almost $100 million more than Duncan over his career, with the bulk of that money being made in Minny. it cost him a contending core, but ultimately it kept him in town for over a decade.

kobe4thewinbang
09-19-2014, 05:23 PM
Rubio, Bledsoe and Wiggins?

http://oi62.tinypic.com/2mcg5l0.jpg

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Probably has to turn into a 3 or 4 team trade when all said and done. Not sure if Suns be interested in Pek and a filler to get salaries close. So the third or forth team needs some capspace obviously. I know 76ers have a lot of cap yet. But they have no need for Rubio or Bledsoe. So they been out of most trade talks so far. Rockets have the big Lin TPE yet. Bucks have like $6.7M yet and can get it up to $8M in capspace by waiving nonguaranteed players. Not sure what other teams have decent cap?

Bruno
09-19-2014, 05:27 PM
Probably has to turn into a 3 or 4 team trade when all said and done. Not sure if Suns be interested in Pek and a filler to get salaries close. So the third or forth team needs some capspace obviously. I know 76ers have a lot of cap yet. But they have no need for Rubio or Bledsoe. So they been out of most trade talks so far. Rockets have the big Lin TPE yet. Bucks have like $6.7M yet and can get it up to $8M in capspace by waiving nonguaranteed players. Not sure what other teams have decent cap?

the Lakers don't have cap but they have three separate 9 million dollar expiring contracts (Nash, Lin, Hill). they also have a 2015 first rounder from Houston. they will throw their name in the hat unless they have zero interest in rubio.

when it became clear that they couldn't land a star they just racked big time expirings with picks. they lakers purposely set themselves up as three team trade facilitators, as the third team- for moments like this. it was the best they could do this off-season.

kobe4thewinbang
09-19-2014, 05:33 PM
the Lakers don't have cap but they have three separate 9 million dollar expiring contracts (Nash, Lin, Hill). they also have a 2015 first rounder from Houston. they will throw their name in the hat unless they have zero interest in rubio.

when it became clear that they couldn't land a star they just racked big time expirings with picks. they lakers purposely set themselves up as three team trade facilitators, as the third team- for moments like this. it was the best they could do this off-season.Lin > Rubio, mayne.

Bruno
09-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Lin > Rubio, mayne.

i gotta disagree I think Rubio has become an undervalued player.

am i the last one still on the wagon? he's a good defender and a great playmaker. he's also 23.

jericho
09-19-2014, 05:38 PM
I dont see it. It has to be more than 2 teams because obviously Rubio will be traded and the Suns dont need another PG. I still think the best fir for Bledsoe is the Bucks.

Bruno
09-19-2014, 05:53 PM
I dont see it. It has to be more than 2 teams because obviously Rubio will be traded and the Suns dont need another PG. I still think the best fir for Bledsoe is the Bucks.
Bledsoe on the bucks would be fun.

I think kidd and payton are pretty high on trying to let Giannis handle the ball. payton was brought in specifically to coach Giannis and see if he can develop NBA level PG skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NlSOZmqSGGI

bleedprple&gold
09-19-2014, 05:56 PM
How can the Wolves offer a max contract if they have no cap space? It should be Wolves willing to offer max contract in a sign-and-trade deal. You can't make an offer with money you don't have on the premise that another team is going to coooperate. Phoenix may not want what the Wolves are offering but they may have to take whatever it is or lose Bledsoe for nothing.

abe_froman
09-19-2014, 05:59 PM
i think a s+t deal with bledsoe to the wolves and rubio to the sun would be great.the suns cold utilize his strengths(playmaking)better,and the wolves get a all round scoring punch guy that can grow with their young guys

JPHX
09-19-2014, 06:02 PM
Minny wants to dump players like Barea, Budinger and Rubio, who would be a restricted FA next year. Suns only interested in Wiggins.
https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/513077928897159170

Secure source inside the Kremlin. Codename: Spinnaker

I don't like what Minny has to offer anyway.

BALLER R
09-19-2014, 06:04 PM
With the players they have the Wolves need to keep Rubio. You need him to run the offense I think he's capable of that since he's not a scoring guard hes a pass first. Have Bledsoe as a scoring guard. They could work together.

kobe4thewinbang
09-19-2014, 06:32 PM
Suns only interested in Wiggins? Yeah freaking right. I'm sure Minnesota doesn't mind giving him up.

:rolleyes:

Hawkeye15
09-19-2014, 06:49 PM

if that is the offer, the Suns don't need to bother. The Wolves are not giving up Wiggins.

Blink
09-19-2014, 06:49 PM
If T wolves are looking to dish Brewer as a Pistons fan I'd take him.

JPHX
09-19-2014, 06:58 PM

if that is the offer, the Suns don't need to bother. The Wolves are not giving up Wiggins.

Word. Nothing to see here. Bled will take the QO (which is stupid) and move on.

Bruno
09-19-2014, 07:05 PM
shouldn't phoenix try and get picks and exirings from him? as a suns fan would you rather have Bledsoe for a year and let him walk or move him now for a first round pick and an expiring. what if that expiring was steve nash? he gets the Phoenix close out he deserves, and the Phoenix FO gets a first rounder and maybe another player or two?

i'm a laker homer pushing for LAL to throw their assets in the hat, as a suns fan is that a delusional thought?

JustinTime
09-19-2014, 08:11 PM
I called this months ago and people thought the T-wolves wouldn't do it. I'd imagine they'd offer picks or possibly Rubio because they should be valuable right now with the T-wolves rebuilding.

KnicksorBust
09-19-2014, 08:14 PM
shouldn't phoenix try and get picks and exirings from him? as a suns fan would you rather have Bledsoe for a year and let him walk or move him now for a first round pick and an expiring. what if that expiring was steve nash? he gets the Phoenix close out he deserves, and the Phoenix FO gets a first rounder and maybe another player or two?

i'm a laker homer pushing for LAL to throw their assets in the hat, as a suns fan is that a delusional thought?

Are u sure Bledsoe walks? Is this more like the Kevin Love situation or the LMA situation?

jaydubb
09-19-2014, 08:21 PM
Timberwolves are NOT giving up Wiggins for bledsoe I promise.. Haha

JPHX
09-19-2014, 08:21 PM

LA wants to give us yet ANOTHER draft pick?? Don't we have like all of them already?? lol jk.

First, if a deal were to go down it would be outside division. Second, if we were to have that mentality then we have until the trade deadline to do so and most certainly Steve Nash and a pick will not do it. I love Steve but we're not that sentimental. If we were offered expirings that FILLS A NEED on our squad in conjunction with multiple picks then maybe a S&T would be possible in the future but so far i don't see any deal that can be consummated this early within the aforementioned parameters.

Bruno
09-19-2014, 08:34 PM
LA wants to give us yet ANOTHER draft pick?? Don't we have like all of them already?? lol jk.
haha, you guys have one more coming from LAL, and thats the 2015 first round from Los Angeles. The first rounder I was referring to here is the one from Houston that the Lakers got back in the Lin deal (2015 from Houston). The 2013 from LAL to Phoenix pick became Nemenja Nedovic, who was traded for Archie Goodwin. If Phoenix can't turn the 2015er into something then neither side will really have anything to smile amount in regards to the Nash trade. I would have liked to see him retire in Phoenix, and hopefully Phoenix can get value out of the 2015 pick. Goodwin is going to be buried on your guys bench.

First, if a deal were to go down it would be outside division.
you guys sent Nash to LAL, doesn't that kind of dismiss this concept?

Second, if we were to have that mentality then we have until the trade deadline to do so and most certainly Steve Nash and a pick will not do it. Who's going to offer more than an expiring and a first round pick for a 2 month rental? Exception being if it's a sign/trade but which team who has enough cap space for a sign and trade is out there? wouldn't that team have offered to pay him outright this off-season?

I love Steve but we're not that sentimental.
that's actually what I wanted to hear. do most Phoenix fans share this?

If we were offered expirings that FILLS A NEED on our squad in conjunction with multiple picks then maybe a S&T would be possible in the future but so far i don't see any deal that can be consummated this early within the aforementioned parameters.Could Jordan Hill fit in Phoenix? his second year is a team option. so you guys can pick it up, or cut him and save $9. if he fills the need, he's a flexible asset. keep in mind I'm talking about a three team deal with the Wolves here, not a heads up deal with LAL. LAL as the facilitating third team.

Bruno
09-19-2014, 08:43 PM
Are u sure Bledsoe walks? Is this more like the Kevin Love situation or the LMA situation?

I think so I don't see a spot on Phoenix for Bledsoe. Unless they choose him over Dragic, who will have to get paid next year. But they have Dragic, Thomas and Ennis who they just drafted. if another team is willing to give him close to what he wants and he plays well this year he'll take it. I don't think he has a future as a Phoenix sun, although the suns would be better for this year if they just kept him. question is do they want that or assets for him? short term or long term?

if bledsoe is a beast and has a great year, Phoenix could technically give him the full max (after he's really earned it) and entertain a dragic sign and trade instead next off-season (or let Dragic walk). but thats assuming nobody else offers Beldsoe max money, maybe he tells Phoenix to eat crow even if they offer a max because of this mess. but it would take one other max offering. lots of possibilities here but I think its more of a Love than a LMA, mainly because of Dragic presence, the Ennis pick, and the Thomas contract, which is fresh.

but if they hold onto Bledsoe and he looks elite, maybe they shop Dragic mid season and get value for him before he walks for nothing. but i think they like dragic as their guy.

Bruno
09-19-2014, 08:43 PM
Timberwolves are NOT giving up Wiggins for bledsoe I promise.. Haha

not a chance. it's insane that they even asked at this point.

Dade County
09-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Wolves are finally learning...

You have to actually go get above average players to keep your future star player happy.

If Bledsoe excepts, he gets paid but, he wont be contending for anything that really matters during the length of that contract.

Bruno
09-19-2014, 09:22 PM
Wolves are finally learning...

You have to actually go get above average players to keep your future star player happy.

If Bledsoe excepts, he gets paid but, he wont be contending for anything that really matters during the length of that contract.

I think they're a playoff team by year three and a contender (depending on Wiggins and Gorgis development) by year four.

Bledsoe
Wiggins
shooter
Bennett
Dieng.

that team is one shooter short of being pretty perfect, in 2017-2018 terms. maybe bledsoe sticks around with this core after his four year deal expires. that teams one 3/D guy away once these rookies and sophomore develop.

Dade County
09-19-2014, 10:10 PM
I think they're a playoff team by year three and a contender (depending on Wiggins and Gorgis development) by year four.

Bledsoe
Wiggins
shooter
Bennett
Dieng.

that team is one shooter short of being pretty perfect, in 2017-2018 terms. maybe bledsoe sticks around with this core after his four year deal expires. that teams one 3/D guy away once these rookies and sophomore develop.

Yeah, very good team on paper/potential.

But it's because of the Wolves organization, why I said what I said. I just don't trust them.

Bruno
09-19-2014, 10:32 PM
Yeah, very good team on paper/potential.

But it's because of the Wolves organization, why I said what I said. I just don't trust them.

yeah. at that point thought it'd be almost difficult to mess up.

Cal827
09-19-2014, 10:43 PM
yeah. at that point thought it'd be almost difficult to mess up.

.... and this is about the time we hear that they'll send over Wiggins, Dieng and an unprotected first for Bledsoe :laugh2:

I do laugh that you couldn't say almost "impossible", but I do agree with you. If they just let the team grow together, this team could be the best in the West in the next 5 years. BBBuuut the issue that'll come up will be that these guys will pretty much all hit their prime together, which means that the T'wolves Owner better keep the chequebook on hand lol

DemarDerozan
09-19-2014, 11:03 PM
Plumlee has the potential to be > than Pek. I think the only thing that the Suns take is cash and future picks. This will help them sign Dragic long term and add to potential future trades involving the Morris twins or Len.

IKnowHoops
09-20-2014, 12:34 AM
If the wolves get Bledsoe, they will finish ahead of the Lakers. I wouldn't be surprised if they made the playoffs.

Iron24th
09-20-2014, 01:39 AM
If the wolves get Bledsoe, they will finish ahead of the Lakers. I wouldn't be surprised if they made the playoffs.

LOL what do the Lakers have to do with this???

bleedprple&gold
09-20-2014, 01:56 AM
.... and this is about the time we hear that they'll send over Wiggins, Dieng and an unprotected first for Bledsoe :laugh2:

I do laugh that you couldn't say almost "impossible", but I do agree with you. If they just let the team grow together, this team could be the best in the West in the next 5 years. BBBuuut the issue that'll come up will be that these guys will pretty much all hit their prime together, which means that the T'wolves Owner better keep the chequebook on hand lol

Wiggins is NOT going anywhere. I guarantee Wiggins' name is even mentioned the T-Wolves hang up the phone.

SanPitte
09-20-2014, 04:06 AM
Next offseason, Rubio would have demanded at least 10-12 million a year, maybe even 14-15 with the increased salary cap...
signing Bledsoe now to a long term deal gives the Wolves a much better guard for only 2-3 million/year more

Oefarmy2005
09-20-2014, 10:41 AM
In all honesty, what has Bledsoe done so far in the league to call him "a much better guard" than Ricky? He just as bad shooting from the outside, he is a better finisher but he is a step down as a defender and a passer. I think they are pretty much on par, and in all honesty, on paper(if it's even possible to win in today's NBA without a score first PG) Ricky is a better fit. I think this move makes more sense if they are planning on playing both.

xxplayerxx23
09-20-2014, 11:26 AM
In all honesty, what has Bledsoe done so far in the league to call him "a much better guard" than Ricky? He just as bad shooting from the outside, he is a better finisher but he is a step down as a defender and a passer. I think they are pretty much on par, and in all honesty, on paper(if it's even possible to win in today's NBA without a score first PG) Ricky is a better fit. I think this move makes more sense if they are planning on playing both.

He's an above average shooter from 3, and IMO a better defender.

da ThRONe
09-20-2014, 11:37 AM
I don't even know how you offer up a max deal without having cap space. Can Bledsoe even sign this deal to force Phoenix hands?

Either way seems kind of a bad move for a Wolves team that isn't likely to make the playoff even if they can sign Eric and give the Suns back fillers.

JasonJohnHorn
09-20-2014, 11:44 AM
I kind feel bad for the T-Wolves.

SanPitte
09-20-2014, 12:54 PM

Rubio can't shoot at all, even 2 feet away from the basket, and while i agree that Rubio is a better passer, he's not a better defender than Bledsoe..
Bledsoe is a better shooter, slasher, defender and rebounder, that's why i call him a "much better guard"
i also think that his ceiling is higher than Rubio's who's always been overrated, but that's just my opinion

Confusious
09-20-2014, 02:00 PM
I genuinely don't know who's dumber. The Wolves, because this hurts their death a little, at least in theory - plus they have LaVine in the wings who looks legit.

Or the Suns. Why can't they just offer him the money that he seeks? Because they don't deem him a max-contract type player? He and Dragic are that team, thus they should get paid as such. Sorry PHX...

da ThRONe
09-20-2014, 02:54 PM
I genuinely don't know who's dumber. The Wolves, because this hurts their death a little, at least in theory - plus they have LaVine in the wings who looks legit.

Or the Suns. Why can't they just offer him the money that he seeks? Because they don't deem him a max-contract type player? He and Dragic are that team, thus they should get paid as such. Sorry PHX...

The Suns have played this pretty smart. There's no need to overpay Bledsoe especially now. Sure he's important, but giving him a max contract limits them moving forward. Max contracts should be reserved for players that can be a core member of a championship squad. If other teams want to make low percentage investments you let them, but smart management won't take such huge risk.

mrblisterdundee
09-20-2014, 04:18 PM

Bledsoe
Wiggins
shooter
Bennett
Dieng.

You're forgetting the 26-year-old, athletic, three-point-shooting power/small forward Minnesota has.

Bruno
09-20-2014, 04:33 PM
You're forgetting the 26-year-old, athletic, three-point-shooting power/small forward Minnesota has.

Young shot 30% from three last year, 13% the year before last. he's not a floor spreader.

beasted86
09-20-2014, 06:01 PM
This offer makes so much sense!
This is so "Timberwolves"!

beasted86
09-20-2014, 06:06 PM

Bledsoe
Wiggins
shooter
Bennett
Dieng.

When I see posts like this, I wonder if I'm completely spoiled as a HEAT fan.

Even before the Riley era the past 19 years, I don't think fans were ever this desperately optimistic about a crap roster. That team sucks even if Wiggins is TMac v2.

2-ONE-5
09-21-2014, 08:31 AM
I agree with this. I really think they are the new thunder.. They won't do much this year and maybe next but I think if they keep this young core together they will be contenders in the next 2-3 years

i dont think they are anything close to the next Thunder. the youth on Minny is incredibly raw espcially wiggins and lavine who are probably the 2 rawest in the draft.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-21-2014, 09:07 AM
Doubt the Suns want either Rubio or Pek. So Wolves don't have much. Based on players off the table. Reason why Suns went for the kill right away to end the phone call by asking for Wiggins. I think if its not Wiggins its Dieng and picks and third team involving assets. Then Rubio or Pek flipped to third team. I think Suns want a center that plays defense. Rubio probably has to be flipped to third team and those pieces shipped to the Suns. Thing is Rubio was quoted early this summer asking for a max. So that will scare all teams away easily.

BallDontLie23
09-21-2014, 10:17 AM
So you're saying that a knee-less wade and a vintage deng will suffice

When I see posts like this, I wonder if I'm completely spoiled as a HEAT fan.

Even before the Riley era the past 19 years, I don't think fans were ever this desperately optimistic about a crap roster. That team sucks even if Wiggins is TMac v2.

da ThRONe
09-21-2014, 11:33 AM
Having some time to sleep on it. I think the Wolves may be trying to force Rubio's hand in accepting a more team friendly deal. They have into some time in Oct. to sign him to an extension or Ricky is an RFA. Because they can't out right offer Bledsoe an offer-sheet they aren't on a deadline for the Suns to match. Therefore they can let this thing play out almost as long as they want to. Putting this story out for public consumption gives Minnesota options. If they can sign Rubio to more team friendly contract they drop the whole Bledsoe max S&T thing. If the Suns will trade them Bledsoe for a reasonable package instead of potentially losing Eric for nothing Minnesota can look to trade Rubio. Worst case scenario they go into next off season with the ability to match any deal for Rubio.

This seems like a brilliant move from Minnesota front office. Something I never thought I'd be saying about the Wolves front office.

WSU Tony
09-22-2014, 03:02 PM
The Wolves put the Suns into the same spot they were this summer with Love. You can lose him for nothing or make a deal for a little. The Suns own the Wolves 1st rounder next year. It is protected top 10 (12?). Bledsoe is looking for a big deal and was drafted in the mid 1st round. If the Suns thought he was worth a max they'd give it to him. If they don't think he's worth a max they need to realize he's walking next year. Getting a top 6-8 pick for him as well as players like Rubio and Pek seems like a haul. That's a high price to pay for an "opportunity" to give Bledsoe a max deal.

Bledsoe/Mo
Martin/Budinger/LaVine
Wiggins/Brewer/Muhammed
Young/Bennett/Dieng
Dieng/Pek

That team might win 25/30 games next year. 3 years from now? Who knows.

koreancabbage
09-22-2014, 03:31 PM

Bledsoe
Wiggins
shooter
Bennett
Dieng.

they def aren't making the playoffs in the next two year for sure. I think year 3 is a stretch. Year 4 might also be a stretch. No dominant big man on the roster, in the West? good luck. Seem a little small if that is that is the future of the Wolves. Might be athletic as hell but no inside game could be the difference of where you pick in the lottery.

Maybe in the East you could but no way in the West.

D-Leethal
09-22-2014, 08:23 PM
they def aren't making the playoffs in the next two year for sure. I think year 3 is a stretch. Year 4 might also be a stretch. No dominant big man on the roster, in the West? good luck. Seem a little small if that is that is the future of the Wolves. Might be athletic as hell but no inside game could be the difference of where you pick in the lottery.

Maybe in the East you could but no way in the West.

I don't think any of us has any idea how good Wiggins will be. 3 years ain't a stretch if he is a superstar in the making.

koreancabbage
09-22-2014, 08:40 PM
I don't think any of us has any idea how good Wiggins will be. 3 years ain't a stretch if he is a superstar in the making.

he's not Lebron good lol. the dude is still so raw.

Oefarmy2005
09-22-2014, 08:58 PM
Now saying that the wolves def. Will not make playoffs is silly - there is always a chance. I'd give it about 5%, but its still a chance.

prodigy
09-23-2014, 10:32 AM
Wow! Wolves would be a very exciting and fun team to watch.

Tony_Starks
09-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Poor Eric....

likemystylez
09-24-2014, 12:04 AM
Now saying that the wolves def. Will not make playoffs is silly - there is always a chance. I'd give it about 5%, but its still a chance.

perhaps- if Adam silver allowed them to play in the d league, they may squeez into the d league playoffs- but the west is just too tough. Their only other chance is if 6 or 7 teams planes crash and all the players die.

likemystylez
09-24-2014, 12:06 AM

Yes but how much money can they invest to keep a team intact that isnt even a lock for the playoffs?

likemystylez
09-24-2014, 12:10 AM

LOL finishing ahead of the lakers and making the playoffs- is probably a difference of about 15 wins

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-24-2014, 08:04 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 9h

Yahoo Sports: Suns, Eric Bledsoe progressing on talks toward a new contract. http://yhoo.it/1mrHsHm

Looks like Wolves are out of the Bledsoe sweepstakes. Suns upping their offer into the $50M range for extension.

WSU Tony
09-24-2014, 09:37 AM
I don't think the Wolves were ever in it. This is more of a Rubio thing than a Bledsoe thing.