PDA

View Full Version : LA Prius's and Other Renamed Franchises

tredigs
09-19-2014, 02:02 PM
Zach Lowe had comedian Joe Mande on his podcast and they spent some time going over how stupid some NBA team names are and gave them new ones, it was good stuff; LA Prius's, Orlando chain-restaurants, etc. You get the point. Here's the link if you want to listen: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-lowe-post-podcast-zach-lowe-and-joe-mande/

What are the worst names? What would you re-name them? Serious or fake both fly.

tredigs
09-19-2014, 02:05 PM
Off the top of my head - I'm not a big fan of naming a franchise after a date, so I'd ax the 76ers and go with Philadelphia Fresh Princes.

tredigs
09-19-2014, 02:16 PM
Boston being named the "Celtics" is pretty strange if you think about it. A team of mostly black players named after essentially midieval Irishmen? Awkward. I'd name them the Boston... Tea Pahhhtiers.

And yes I will use this as my personal sounding board if nobody else wants to play.

jaydubb
09-19-2014, 02:31 PM
Miami heatless
Cleveland vagaliers
Utah spazz
Sacramento queens
Portland Tbags
Houston Flop-its
Phoenix nuns
Atlanta cocks
Orlando tap-it
Detroit piss-tons
Los Angeles earthquakers
Milwaukee sucks
Philadelphia 69ers
Chicago seagulls

mrblisterdundee
09-19-2014, 05:23 PM
The San Antonio Border Patrol.
The Sacramento Guerrilla Growers.
The Milwaukee Beers.
The Detroit Detritus.
The Cleveland Dreamers.
The Utah Latter Day Saints.
The Washington Bullets (Seriously; there are so many arms companies around D.C., and there's a song by that name by The Clash.)

tredigs
09-19-2014, 05:41 PM
The Portland Overeducated White People.

The Miami Papis

Actually in reality the Heat and Blazers are two names I'd keep, along with GS Warriors, Phoenix Suns, SA Spurs, Detroit Pistons, Houston Rockets and Charlotte Hornets. The rest would get the hose.

kingsdelez24
09-19-2014, 05:57 PM
Refer to BASEketball team names

mrblisterdundee
09-20-2014, 04:12 PM
Actually in reality the Heat and Blazers are two names I'd keep

Yes; the Blazers is a very accurate name for many of us northwesterners.:burn::yawn:

IBleedPurple
09-22-2014, 02:32 AM
Nuggets still works

THE MTL
09-22-2014, 11:27 AM
Utah had no business keeping the name "Jazz" when the team was moved from NO.

c.c.
09-22-2014, 01:52 PM
The Bulls and the Grizzles should swap names since the NFL has the Bears and the MLB has the Cubs.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-22-2014, 02:43 PM
The Bulls and the Grizzles should swap names since the NFL has the Bears and the MLB has the Cubs.
We should be renamed Chicago Polars after last years winter.