PDA

View Full Version : Grantland: We have to get Eric Bledsoe on the Bucks

mrblisterdundee
09-18-2014, 03:49 PM
Grantland writer Andrew Sharp wrote a nice piece about the Bucks' potential with Eric Bledsoe (http://grantland.com/the-triangle/we-have-to-get-eric-bledsoe-on-the-bucks/) running the point.
The Bucks would have to offer Bledsoe his max offer sheet. But why not, when you have a bunch of rookie contracts with a fairly long shelf life and a team that needs to prove it can be good? The new owners could make a real spash and make Milwaukee the best it's been since Ray Allen left. And Sanders, who turns 26 in November, would be the oldest guy in the core.
The Bucks would be a great fit for Bledsoe. Could you imagine having him, Larry Sanders and the Greak Freak on defense? Not to mention that Jabari Parker probably has the ability to get better defensively, if he'll get learner and improve his footwork.
I'd probably slot Giannis in at shooting guard and Parker in at small forward (he's neither quick enough to guard two-guards nor big enough to guard many power forwards). Bledsoe's obviously running the point, while Sanders patrols the paint.

kobe4thewinbang
09-18-2014, 03:59 PM
I see Bledsoe going somewhere. Then again, Eric Gordon is still a Pelican. I imagine Phoenix doesn't want to lose Bledsoe for nothing, and they don't want to give him a max deal. Who is Milwaukee trading for him? Seems like a long shot and lots of maneuvering to get it done.

albertajaysfan
09-18-2014, 04:02 PM
He is a good fit in Milwaukee.

It makes more sense for them to wait till next offseason and sign him as a free agent. That would also allow them to add another top pick since I feel it is very likely they get a top 8 pick in the next draft. If not another top 3 pick.

The fact that he will probably only sign the QO and be a UFA next offseason makes any trades for him extremely unlikely because no team is going to give up much value for him.

jericho
09-18-2014, 04:12 PM
Grantland stole my idea. I've been saying it, if they are able to sign him long term I would trade anybody except Parker, Hanson, Gianis and Sanders. That starting 5 growing up together would be a fun one to watch

Pg Bledsoe
Sg Gianis
Sf Parker
Pf Hanson
C Sanders

After that they would just need to fill the bench which shouldn't be that hard.

colinskik
09-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Grantland stole my idea. I've been saying it, if they are able to sign him long term I would trade anybody except Parker, Hanson, Gianis and Sanders. That starting 5 growing up together would be a fun one to watch

Pg Bledsoe
Sg Gianis
Sf Parker
Pf Hanson
C Sanders

I love the Bucks' potential as is, but with Bledsoe they would truly be special. However, in order to trade for him you're going to have to give up one of those guys you mentioned. I mean, who else is there that's trade worthy?

jericho
09-18-2014, 04:42 PM

Pg Bledsoe
Sg Gianis
Sf Parker
Pf Hanson
C Sanders

I love the Bucks' potential as is, but with Bledsoe they would truly be special. However, in order to trade for him you're going to have to give up one of those guys you mentioned. I mean, who else is there that's trade worthy?

I don't know about that Mayo + 1st + 2nd should get it done.

phantasyyy
09-18-2014, 05:22 PM

No way lol..

Mayo is worth next to nothing right now. Not to mention hes due 8m..

jericho
09-18-2014, 05:33 PM

No way lol..

Mayo is worth next to nothing right now. Not to mention hes due 8m..

I don't know much about Mayo. I stopped following him after he left Memphis

Clippersfan86
09-18-2014, 05:34 PM
LMAO at Mayo+pick being worth Bledsoe. Maybe if your GM is as dumb as Doc Rivers sure.

jericho
09-18-2014, 05:43 PM
LMAO at Mayo+pick being worth Bledsoe. Maybe if your GM is as dumb as Doc Rivers sure.

Reading comprehension is a good thing to have. It's 2 picks and you know what I think it's a good fit for both. Bucks really don't have to worry to much about their future if they land bledsoe and Suns would get a SG that yes while overpaid would benefit from that change of scenery and play better ball. Suns would still get a 2nd round pick and a 1st round pick. So yeah I actually stand by what I said. Bledsoe while he is good he still hasn't reached his full potential and we don't know if he will. (I hope he does)

Cracka2HI!
09-18-2014, 05:50 PM

That's funny. I think you and I are going to be on common ground when it comes to Doc as a GM.

Trueblue2
09-18-2014, 07:15 PM
Don't they have knight?

Knight/mayo/1st maybe?

Thomas/knight
Dragic/mayo

Would be a decent guard rotation for a guy who's gonna walk in a year anyway.

beasted86
09-18-2014, 09:31 PM
I guess its becoming clear why some GMs make such foolish moves, they must think just as foolishly as fans. I'm pretty sure what you guys are talking about is EXACTLY the reason of the last lockout... small market terrible teams overpaying non-allstar talent.

You'd think the Bucks were one piece away from being a playoff team listening to the talk. Furthermore the Bucks if trading for Bledsoe have NO leverage to re-sign him for anything other than the max. You don't pay Bledsoe the max, period. Under CBA rules the Bucks cannot trade for him and negotiate an extension mid-season nor any extend and trade. Any team that trades for him has to wait until next July. So it makes no sense at all to give up multiple first round picks for him.

flea
09-18-2014, 09:44 PM
Overpay with max for a combo guard with less than 3/4 of a season worth of quality minutes? How about no.

5ass
09-18-2014, 10:35 PM
He is if he's making max money. Let's not forget teams weren't recruiting the guy this offseason.

crewfan13
09-18-2014, 10:45 PM
The Bucks wouldn't be trading for him unless he signs an extension first. As a Bucks fan, I've seen some trade proposals from us (me included) that are probably really low ball offers. But the same thing goes for Phoenix fans expecting the world for him though too. As it stands right now, the most likely scenario for him is accepts the QO and leaves next offseason, so you can't expect someone to give up a ton for him.

As a Bucks fan, I would offer any combination of Henson, Knight, Middleton and the Clippers protected 2017 pick. I would consider offering our first rounder this next year, but there would have to be some protection on it. I know to Suns fans that doesn't sound like a ton, and you'll probably not accept it. But if I'm the Bucks, that's my offer and I'm sticking to it. We have a nice young nucleus so far, and Bledsoe would be a great addition to that core, but no way either Giannis or Parker are included, and I dont' think Sanders is that valuable coming off a season where he struggled with his big extension kicking in.

mrblisterdundee
09-19-2014, 12:26 AM
Don't they have knight?

Knight/mayo/1st maybe?

Thomas/knight
Dragic/mayo

Would be a decent guard rotation for a guy who's gonna walk in a year anyway.

Knight and Mayo are both not worth much. Don't forget that Phoenix also has Isaiah Thomas already, so it's starting back court is set even without Bledsoe.
If I were the Suns, I'd make them give up something like John Henson, Brandon Knight and a pick or two.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-19-2014, 08:29 AM
I wouldn't offer up our own first rounder. Even with protection or not. Suns only traded Dudley and a couple second rounder's for a healthy Bledsoe and Butler. Now the Bucks be getting him in a sign and trade on max contract and coming off of a injury. Very huge risk here. Also remember its a sign and trade. Not a trade. So Suns have no leverage.

Cause Bledsoe can still take the QO and walk away. Then Suns receive no compensation. Bucks can go another route and salary dump a player and go sign Bledsoe to max on our own. Wouldn't be shocked if Rockets take Ersan for the Lin TPE. Then Bucks can offer Bledsoe $16M per. Doubt Suns match Bledsoe.

Since they have to give new deal to Dragic and the Morris twins are RFA next summer. Plus then its Eric Gordon situation all over again with Pelicans. Guy wants to leave and doesn't want team to match. So wouldn't be shocked if Bledsoe does same thing and fake injuries if offer sheet is matched.

Personally as a Bucks fan rather just see Giannis at PG. Cause that's the plan so far. Kidd wants him at pg on offense and sg on defense. Plus we could tank one more season and maybe get lucky and draft Mudiay.

THE MTL
09-19-2014, 08:47 AM
That's a good fit

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-19-2014, 03:32 PM
Jude LaCava ✔ @judefox10
Follow
NBA sources tell me the Twolves are prepared to offer Eric Bledsoe a Max contract #nba

2:06 PM - 19 Sep 2014

Not sure how good of a source this guy is. But is Bledsoe playing sg then or is Rubio then dealt later?

Edit

Never mind I just checked Wolves salary cap and their pretty much luxury tax. So he must of meant a sign and trade for max contract. So what are the Wolves coughing up for Bledsoe? Pek and some dead weight like JJ? That's my guess.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/minnesota-timberwolves-team-salary/

da ThRONe
09-19-2014, 03:46 PM
Not sure how good of a source this guy is. But is Bledsoe playing sg then or is Rubio then dealt later?

Edit

Never mind I just checked Wolves salary cap and their pretty much luxury tax. So he must of meant a sign and trade for max contract. So what are the Wolves coughing up for Bledsoe? Pek and some dead weight like JJ? That's my guess.

The Bucks seem like a much better fit than the Wolves. If I'm Minnesota I stay pat with the young studs I have.

mrblisterdundee
09-19-2014, 03:51 PM

Edit

I would do anything possible to include Ricky Rubio in that trade, although it would take some serious glamouring on the Timberwolves' part, maybe Gorgui Dieng instead of Nikola Pekovic. If I were the Suns, Dieng would be a way hotter comodity for me younger, great upside, better defensively and much cheaper.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-19-2014, 03:58 PM
The Bucks seem like a much better fit than the Wolves. If I'm Minnesota I stay pat with the young studs I have.

Depends how much the Bucks have to give up? Don't want our cupboards emptied like how the Knicks got emptied out by the Nuggets in the Melo trade. Keep hearing Suns fans want [picks]. That's plural. Kinda iffy on that right away. Heck Bledsoe could get injured and we nose dive back into the lottery. Then if the pick doesn't have much protection .....yikes.

Not only the picks then they want Henson and Knight and maybe Dudley or something else as a sweetener. Hate to part with Henson so soon. Especially since he bulked up this offseason. I think the light bulb is about to go on for him this year. Seems like new owners like him strictly at center as well. He's best near the basket any way.

Also I feel Suns didn't part with much to land a healthy Bledsoe. Now if the Bucks are the perfect match hard to say since we have to pay the max for a guy that is coming off of injury and hasn't played a game yet since injury. A lot of risk on our end.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-19-2014, 04:05 PM
I would do anything possible to include Ricky Rubio in that trade, although it would take some serious glamouring on the Timberwolves' part, maybe Gorgui Dieng instead of Nikola Pekovic. If I were the Suns, Dieng would be a way hotter comodity for me younger, great upside, better defensively and much cheaper.

Gorgui Dieng $1,413,480 $1,474,440 $2,348,783 $3,384,596

$1.4M Dieng and a bunch of bad contracts like $4.5M JJ and $4.7M Brewer and $5M Bud? Ya figure Bledsoe max probably be $16M per for 4 years/$64M. Reason I suggested $12.1M Pek and filler like $4.5M JJ is about right. Not so sure Suns would want Rubio. Think they prefer to extend Dragic and go with the young guys like Ennis and Thomas.

mrblisterdundee
09-20-2014, 04:29 PM
Gorgui Dieng $1,413,480 $1,474,440 $2,348,783 $3,384,596

$1.4M Dieng and a bunch of bad contracts like $4.5M JJ and $4.7M Brewer and $5M Bud? Ya figure Bledsoe max probably be $16M per for 4 years/$64M. Reason I suggested $12.1M Pek and filler like $4.5M JJ is about right. Not so sure Suns would want Rubio. Think they prefer to extend Dragic and go with the young guys like Ennis and Thomas.

I don't think they would either, but I'd still try anything possible to get rid of Rubio and get back another young point guard, like Tyler Ennis. Minnesota needs a third Canadian.

da ThRONe
09-20-2014, 07:00 PM
Depends how much the Bucks have to give up? Don't want our cupboards emptied like how the Knicks got emptied out by the Nuggets in the Melo trade. Keep hearing Suns fans want [picks]. That's plural. Kinda iffy on that right away. Heck Bledsoe could get injured and we nose dive back into the lottery. Then if the pick doesn't have much protection .....yikes.

Not only the picks then they want Henson and Knight and maybe Dudley or something else as a sweetener. Hate to part with Henson so soon. Especially since he bulked up this offseason. I think the light bulb is about to go on for him this year. Seems like new owners like him strictly at center as well. He's best near the basket any way.

Also I feel Suns didn't part with much to land a healthy Bledsoe. Now if the Bucks are the perfect match hard to say since we have to pay the max for a guy that is coming off of injury and hasn't played a game yet since injury. A lot of risk on our end.

To me the Suns lose their position of power if a team is willing to offer Bledsoe anything near the max.. They clearly don't want to give Bledsoe that deal so they would be forced to match or work on a deal with the other team. If I'm the Bucks I offer Knight, Ilyasova, and a 2nd or tell them to match a big offer.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-21-2014, 12:51 PM
Rockets did have interests in Ersan last two seasons. Well Nets wanted Ersan last four years. But since we got Kidd we cant trade with the Nets for a year. But if Ersan was sent to Rockets for Lin TPE. Then Bucks waived the two non-guaranteed deals in Marshall and Wright we have plenty for max offer to Bledsoe. Then this forces Suns not to match cause they need cap next year for new deal for Dragic and the Morris twins are RFA. Also a bunch of teams are lining up for Dragic as a free agent next summer as in Rockets, Lakers, Pacers to name a few. So there will be a bidding war.