PDA

View Full Version : 7th Annual PSD Player Rankings #10 SF In The NBA? (Volume: VII)

Mile High Champ
09-17-2014, 12:23 PM
Hey guys, It is that time of year again! Once again we kick of the PSD NBA Off-Season Player Rankings. This is the 7th year I have done this on PSD and it typically always makes for good deabte and often initates terrific discussion. Consider that when these polls first began, the likes of Baron Davis and Devin Harris were cracking these polls. Which player will you rank high this year that may get some raised eyebrows as the years pass by? Only time will tell. Please keep things civil and discuss who you feel is most fitting and deserving of being voted in each poll.

A lot has changed since last season. Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs are NBA champions for the 5th time after getting some revenge for their finals loss last season to the Heat. We could be looking at the end of the big 3 era.

Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 6 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

For a player to be eligible for this years poll, they must of played in a minimum of 10 games.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best. Though we do recognize that some voters will vote based soley on potential and others by last years numbers.

2014 Off-Season PSD SF Rankings
1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul George
5) Kawhi Leonard
6) Andre Iguodala
7) Chandler Parsons
7) Nicolas Batum
9) Rudy Gay
10)

2013 Off-Season PSD SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Andre Iguodala
5) Paul Pierce
6) Kawhi Leonard
7) Luol Deng
8) Danilo Gallinari
9) Rudy Gay
10) Chandler Parsons

2012 Off-Season PSD SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul Pierce
5) Andre Iguodala
6) Rudy Gay
7) Luol Deng
8) Danny Granger
9) Danilo Gallinari
10) Nicolas Batum

2011 Off-Season Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul Pierce
5) Andre Iguodala
6) Danny Granger
7) Luol Deng
8) Rudy Gay
9) Gerald Wallace
10) Danilo Gallinari

2010 Off Season SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul Pierce
5) Danny Granger
6) Gerald Wallace
7) Andre Iguodala
8) Rudy Gay
9) Luol Deng
10) Ron Artest

2009 Off Season SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Carmelo Anthony
3) Kevin Durant
4) Paul Pierce
5) Danny Granger
6) Andre Iguodala
7) Caron Butler
8) Hedo Turkoglu
9) Ron Artest
10) Stephen Jackson

2008 Off-Season SF rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Paul Pierce
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Caron Butler
5) Ron Artest
6) Shawn Marion
7) Josh Smith
8) Richard Jefferson
9) Lamar Odom
10) Tayshaun Prince

mightybosstone
09-18-2014, 01:00 PM
Can the mods please sticky this and unsticky the thread for the No. 9 SF?

Antipod
09-19-2014, 12:53 AM
why poll was closed so fast?

SLY WILLIAMS
09-19-2014, 11:51 AM
Oops I can not vote for Gallo. Poll is closed.

mightybosstone
09-19-2014, 10:08 PM
Yeah, MHC, you need to re-post this. The mods didn't sticky it quick enough and a 2-2 tie is totally unacceptable.

jimm120
09-21-2014, 07:45 AM
Lol at gallo. He is horrible...ok, not, but still.

Gallo did. It play last season.

Aliza was VERY important to what Washington did last season. He actually played. He was on my fantasy team and he ended up with a very high ranking. He deserved to go like 6th-8th.

What the hell is this gallo love when he's pretty much had ONE season where he's been pretty good (2011-12 season).

SLY WILLIAMS
09-21-2014, 10:57 PM
Lol at gallo. He is horrible...ok, not, but still.

Gallo did. It play last season.

Aliza was VERY important to what Washington did last season. He actually played. He was on my fantasy team and he ended up with a very high ranking. He deserved to go like 6th-8th.

What the hell is this gallo love when he's pretty much had ONE season where he's been pretty good (2011-12 season).

You are right Gallo did not play last season.

I do question the rest of your post. Trevor has only averaged double figures 4 times in his whole career and in 3 of the 4 he shot below 40%. If either of them only had ONE good season people might say last year was it for Trevor. If you liked Gallo's season in 2011-2012 why would you not like his 2012-1013 season when he had some incredible clutch shots to win games and was at all star level according to Magic and Charles?

Kaner
09-22-2014, 02:29 AM
You are right Gallo did not play last season.

I do question the rest of your post. Trevor has only averaged double figures 4 times in his whole career and in 3 of the 4 he shot below 40%. If either of them only had ONE good season people might say last year was it for Trevor. If you liked Gallo's season in 2011-2012 why would you not like his 2012-1013 season when he had some incredible clutch shots to win games and was at all star level according to Magic and Charles?

Are you able to reopen the pole? Seems kind of lame having this one end a 2-2 tie.

Shammyguy3
09-22-2014, 11:58 AM
is this 2-2 tie a sign that there is no such thing as a 10th best SF? Hmmmmm

jimm120
09-22-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm seriously willing to help mile high with some of the posts. I know life gets busy but we gotta get these done by mid October.

If he wants, I can help once he posts the stats for the #1 thread.

We still got PF, CENTER, AND TOP 10 left.

SLY WILLIAMS
09-22-2014, 01:31 PM
Are you able to reopen the pole? Seems kind of lame having this one end a 2-2 tie.

I do not have mod powers in this forum but I will see if I can find somebody that can re-open the poll.

FlashBolt
09-24-2014, 01:35 AM
Paul Pierce should win this one...

Goose17
09-28-2014, 08:47 AM
I'm going with Deng here, he didn't have a great season but I'm putting that down to "other" circumstances, he's already proven he's a high caliber player and a positive locker room presence. I like him at #10 but would have been okay with him being a couple spots either side of that as well.

I can see arguments for Ariza, Tobias and maybe even Pierce at a stretch.

Antipod
10-01-2014, 12:58 AM
Time to move to the next position, right?