PDA

View Full Version : FIBA Announcer Mocks James Harden

DemarDerozan
09-16-2014, 11:49 PM
This article makes a few good points.
Also they discuss how Ariza's signing may help the Rockets with D in the area that Harden fails.

Is Hardens defense a liability or will he overcome his deficiency and become a true star two way guard like Jordan or Kobe?

Discuss.

http://hoopshabit.com/2014/09/14/houston-rockets-fiba-announcer-mocks-james-harden/

tmacsc2
09-16-2014, 11:56 PM
He all boutz da offense bruh!

InRoseWeTrust
09-16-2014, 11:56 PM
Is this like the 82nd Harden thread in 4 days?

Vinny642
09-16-2014, 11:58 PM
These threads are getting crazy but lets relax here before putting Harden in the same sentence as Jordan and Kobe, I think offensively he is overrated.. and his defense is non-existent.... He has a ways to go before even becoming decent defensively

DemarDerozan
09-17-2014, 12:00 AM
This dude is obviously one of the most prolific players in the league. He should be discussed. He has the image and the fanbase. But skill?

ThuglifeJ
09-17-2014, 12:31 AM
"I could have scored there"

Funny, and not far from the truth.

Pretty pathetic even a FIBA announcer takes shots at Harden on his defense. Will he ever get a clue? like dam

Lakers + Giants
09-17-2014, 12:44 AM
Im surprised rockets fans havent reported this thread

FlashBolt
09-17-2014, 01:00 AM
If that was LeBron, Kobe, KD, CP3, Blake Griffin, Dwight Howard, or anyone else who is a top player, we would also lament at them. Don't take it personal, Houston fans.. And even if you do, you can't deny that Harden is just God awful on defense. Superb on offense but when you're giving away freebies like that, you might as well just deduct some points off your offense. What's the point in scoring 26 points if you give up 10 points because you didn't get a good night's rest.

ThuglifeJ
09-17-2014, 02:06 AM
If that was LeBron, Kobe, KD, CP3, Blake Griffin, Dwight Howard, or anyone else who is a top player, we would also lament at them. Don't take it personal, Houston fans.. And even if you do, you can't deny that Harden is just God awful on defense. Superb on offense but when you're giving away freebies like that, you might as well just deduct some points off your offense. What's the point in scoring 26 points if you give up 10 points because you didn't get a good night's rest.

Seriously, why do you need to even keep repeating this at all? Shouldn't. They're being a bunch of babies, what you said is true, but we don't need to nurture them on an online sports forum.. seriously they can get over it.

they haven't shown any signs of it yet, but they really should quit being sensitive babies about it.

Ariza's Better
09-17-2014, 02:08 AM
Seriously, why do you need to even keep repeating this at all? Shouldn't. They're being a bunch of babies, what you said is true, but we don't need to nurture them on an online sports forum.. seriously they can get over it.

they haven't shown any signs of it yet, but they really should quit being sensitive babies about it.
Just admit you have a crush on Harden and we can all move on. Your in a safe place, we won't judge you.

benny01
09-17-2014, 02:30 AM
Scores a lot of points and superb on offense are very different things. just saying

houstonfan
09-17-2014, 02:50 AM
"I could have scored there"

Funny, and not far from the truth.

Pretty pathetic even a FIBA announcer takes shots at Harden on his defense. Will he ever get a clue? like dam

To be fair he was in foul trouble there and probably shouldn't have been on the court. He's bad enough when he's not in foul trouble. Look he's an elite offensive player and a terrible defender. He is still a top 10-12 player in the NBA and is only 24 so he is capable of figuring it out. I sure hope he does because as a Rockets fan he is incredibly frustrating to watch defensively. Shows no effort most of the time.

Also, these Harden defense threads are becoming as common as Lebron or Kobe threads so that's exciting...

JJ_JKidd
09-17-2014, 03:36 AM
This article makes a few good points.
Also they discuss how Ariza's signing may help the Rockets with D in the area that Harden fails.

Is Hardens defense a liability or will he overcome his deficiency and become a true star two way guard like Jordan or Kobe?

Discuss.

http://hoopshabit.com/2014/09/14/houston-rockets-fiba-announcer-mocks-james-harden/

I say he is closer to MJ than Kobe is...................

JTHunter
09-17-2014, 05:26 AM
Rather have Prime Richmond on my team.

JTHunter
09-17-2014, 05:29 AM
Is this like the 82nd Harden thread in 4 days?

probably more like the second or third one. Does it bother or offend you? Why are some homers out there so defensive or rather offensive about harden? Like he's off limits or something

Confusious
09-17-2014, 05:53 AM
"Is Hardens defense a liability or will he overcome his deficiency and become a true star two way guard like Jordan or Kobe?"

LOL. This happens the day Kobe stops being an *******.

PhillyFaninLA
09-17-2014, 07:47 AM
Jordan and Kobe....All time list players you can make a case for being better than Jordan, 3 (Magic, Jabbar, Wilt), with Jordan still being number one.

Kobe is no better than the 5th best Laker of all time and not a great 2 way player, solid defense but not great. (Magic, Wilt, Jabbar, Shaq)

Harden could end up being the 5 or 6th best Rocket of all time if he can become a bad and not terrible defender.

J4KOP99
09-17-2014, 08:01 AM
What amazes me with all this harden-defense hoopla is that, when it comes down to it, we are talking about a man who doesn't even brush his teeth. Do you really expect him to play defense?

archdevil84
09-17-2014, 08:09 AM
harden is just a **** pile of trash doing nothing more then chuck shots and flop and flail his arms and his head to get calls. he probably doesnt know what the word defense means at all. And on top of that he's an arrogant douche calling himself "the best all around player in the league" and then saying his teammates are just minor players compared to him. Even if his teammates are just pieces of the puzzle then its stil stupid to say stuff like that.

J4KOP99
09-17-2014, 08:15 AM
James harden sums up everything I dislike about this current generation of players.

Verbal Christ
09-17-2014, 08:15 AM
COMEDY GOLD! Most of you would rather continue to sit in your circle, hands in each other's laps and spew the same dribble. THEN when a legitimate Harden thread gets started last night with valid points on both sides of the argument, with cool heads you analysts decide it isn't worthy of a proper response, you'd rather propagate the usual remedial arguments. HA!

Arch Stanton
09-17-2014, 09:37 AM
I'm not a Harden fan, but he is getting a lot of hate on PSD lately.

diu9leilomo
09-17-2014, 09:58 AM
based on all these criticism, is harden even a top 5 SG in the league?

Byronicle
09-17-2014, 10:24 AM
James harden sums up everything I dislike about this current generation of players.

Yeah pretty much. I play in a league with older men. It's rougher but that's how I like it. None of this flaccid business

mRc08
09-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Defense is all about effort. Am i surprised that he didn't give any for the FIBA team? not really, gut just wanted to go out, score, and put on a show. When the season rolls around he will probably have the same mindset during the regular season. In the playoffs he should step it up, though we have seen in the past that he hasn't been able to. I hope that he takes all the public criticism from this to realize that people take notice of his pure laziness on the court. He certainly is capable of playing at least average defense, he just needs to get over himself :/ We get it, you think of yourself as a scorer/showman, and you are capable of it. But what else you got?

albertajaysfan
09-17-2014, 05:45 PM
His lack of effort is truly amazing. Its one thing to have some flaws in your defensive game but he doesn't even try.

Oh dead batteries in your controller. Best description I have read in awhile.

THE MTL
09-17-2014, 05:51 PM
Jordan and Kobe....All time list players you can make a case for being better than Jordan, 3 (Magic, Jabbar, Wilt), with Jordan still being number one.

Kobe is no better than the 5th best Laker of all time and not a great 2 way player, solid defense but not great. (Magic, Wilt, Jabbar, Shaq)

Harden could end up being the 5 or 6th best Rocket of all time if he can become a bad and not terrible defender.

As a pure Laker, I would put Kobe at least at #3. He is over Wilt and Shaq because of his longevity as a Laker. And i would personally put him over Jabbar but I can see the argument

FlashBolt
09-17-2014, 09:57 PM

Kobe was a great 2 way player in his prime.. what are you talking about. And Kobe is arguably the 2nd greatest LAL of all time. #1, played with them his entire career. #2, won so much with them. Only KAJ has done arguably more. And his longevity definitely puts him over Shaq+Magic. And how the hell do you even put Wilt above Kobe as a Lakers? Also; Wilt, Jabbar, Shaq, and Magic are ALL above Hakeem in all-time ranking... Meaning, if Wilt, Jabbar, Shaq, and Magic played for Houston instead of LAL, Harden would be lucky to crack the top 10 HOUSTON players of all time.

Scores a lot of points and superb on offense are very different things. just saying

But he does both well.

Tony_Starks
09-17-2014, 10:32 PM
I'm not a Harden fan, but he is getting a lot of hate on PSD lately.

It's not just psd though. Lawson clowned him in real life. Now this guy.

The media did him a big disservice by crowning him "the best SG" just because Kobe and Wade were hurt.

Are we supposed to ignore the fact that people are openly taking shots at him?

benny01
09-17-2014, 11:18 PM
^ minus those two, and not really anymore even, he's the tallest midget. yeahhh

Verbal Christ
09-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Kobe was a great 2 way player in his prime.. what are you talking about. And Kobe is arguably the 2nd greatest LAL of all time. #1, played with them his entire career. #2, won so much with them. Only KAJ has done arguably more. And his longevity definitely puts him over Shaq+Magic. And how the hell do you even put Wilt above Kobe as a Lakers? Also; Wilt, Jabbar, Shaq, and Magic are ALL above Hakeem in all-time ranking... Meaning, if Wilt, Jabbar, Shaq, and Magic played for Houston instead of LAL, Harden would be lucky to crack the top 10 HOUSTON players of all time.

But he does both well.

The bold is laughable.

Verbal Christ
09-19-2014, 06:34 PM
wrong forum.