PDA

View Full Version : Team That Had The Most Players in Their Primes

VinceCarter
09-16-2014, 08:41 PM
Hey PSD. Haven't been on in a long time. So let me spark some thought:

What team do you think/know had the most players in their prime at the same time. Prime being that players best season(s) in the NBA. Therefore it doesn't matter if they're low man on the team. If they were in their prime, it counts.

Go!

mightybosstone
09-16-2014, 08:49 PM
I don't really understand the question or the point of the thread. Can you give us an example or some logic behind what you're asking?

tm95835
09-16-2014, 08:54 PM
I don't really understand the question or the point of the thread. Can you give us an example or some logic behind what you're asking?

It's pretty simple and straight forward. What team had the most number of players in their prime. Like '10-11 heat lebron wade bosh there's 3, thunder right now, ibaka, westbrook, durant

VinceCarter
09-16-2014, 08:54 PM

Which past team had the most players in their prime?

And sorry. LeBron James. Now that I said his name this thread has purpose. :rolleyes:

Cal827
09-16-2014, 09:08 PM
Welcome Back VC! Just a heads up, since you've been gone, Raptor and Knick trolls have been attacking each other with some hilariously bad comments being made (E.g. Knicks make-up are similar to the Spurs, Bargnani has been an excellent defender, Kyle Lowry is the best PG in the league), so as a fan of a team that went farther last year than the Raptors or Knicks, might wanna watching yourself :laugh2:

As for the teams, I always thought the Pacers had a lot of players play there during their primes. From Miller, to Davis's, O'neal, Tinsley, etc... Maybe not the best players, but a fair bit of guys when they were reaching their personal best.

A couple other teams that come to mind are the Lakers (of course), and Charlotte Hornets/Bobcats.

Some teams like the Spurs (or the recent Heat teams), I'm used to seeing a few guys in their prime, but surrounded with ring chasers or recent picks.

Crackadalic
09-16-2014, 09:23 PM
Hmm have to think about this. Probably 05-06 pistons. That team had there starting 5 all in their primes except Prince who was in his third year I believe

FlashBolt
09-16-2014, 09:28 PM
Laughing at people thinking 2010-2011 was prime Wade/Bosh...

ThuglifeJ
09-16-2014, 10:08 PM
I disagree with Miami.. Wade and bosh were slightly out of prime IMO.

Or at least it appeared that way. I'd say Spurs. Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, and some role players were in their prime at same time.

Pistons starting 5 was in prime. I'd even consider Kobe, pau, Odom, Fisher, ariza, vucavic crew

Kinda a tough question cuz u got role players to consider.

Hawkeye15
09-16-2014, 10:55 PM
80's Lakers and Celtics easily.

FlashBolt
09-16-2014, 11:00 PM
80's Lakers and Celtics easily.

Which is crazy considering KAJ wasn't even in his prime, yet he was the best player at one point for them.

THE MTL
09-17-2014, 01:59 AM
Laughing at people thinking 2010-2011 was prime Wade/Bosh...

Umm....there's a difference between prime and misutilized. Bosh was 27 with no significant injuries coming off a 24ppg 11rpg season. He was def in his prime and I still consider him to be in his prime.

abe_froman
09-17-2014, 02:03 AM
red/russell/60's celtics-being around more than any other team ,you will just naturally get a greater amount of collective "primes" as a group

mrblisterdundee
09-17-2014, 02:17 AM
The 1995-96 Chicago Bulls come to mind. It's the greatest team ever. It included Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman all in their prime. Role players like Toni Kukoc, Luc Longley and Steve Kerr were also in their prime.
Guys like Ron Harper and John Salley were the same age as Jordan, but they'd fallen off while he remained plenty primed.
To find the right conglomeration of stars, simply look at the best teams ever.

Phantom Dreamer
09-17-2014, 02:22 AM
Jordan, Pippen and Rodman weren't in their prime in 1995-96. Close, but not quite.

Bruno
09-17-2014, 02:28 AM
Pau, Kobe, Shaq, Magic, Kareem, Goodrich, West, Baylor, Mikan. all in their primes or at the end of their primes while with the Lakers. Wilt wasn't in his prime, and I hate to mention Malone, Payton or Nash.

if you're talking about for a single season as a team, maybe the 2004 Pistons?

JTHunter
09-17-2014, 04:59 AM
In 2011 D. Wade was more in his prime than even Lebron James was. So I'm laughing at the miami excuse makers.

mrblisterdundee
09-17-2014, 08:54 PM
Jordan, Pippen and Rodman weren't in their prime in 1995-96. Close, but not quite.

They most certainly were. I base prime off performance, and they were all near the top of their games.