PDA

View Full Version : Will Micheal Beasley make a team this year? Who could use him? Would you wan...

IKnowHoops
09-14-2014, 06:27 AM
1. Will Micheal Beasley make an NBA Squad this year?
2. Are there any teams out there that could use him?
3. Would you want him on your team?

c.c.
09-14-2014, 06:45 AM
I wouldn't mind the Rockets gambling on him with cheap contract.

ldawg
09-14-2014, 07:15 AM
He should make a team but Politics, Mess with one team mess with all. He is not the hardest worker nor the brightest but he can ball. Needs to learn to stay focus especially on defense. Many teams out there can use him. Indy and Lakers jump to mind but there is more I am just to lazy to check. Would I want him on my team? It depends on the team. He is not a star player but talented and may be to talented and may get bored as a role player on a championship team. He needs playing time to stay focus. The answer however is yes. It has worst and less talented players in the league. Look at Lakers for example. Two of their core players in their starting 5 are over the hill then they have 2 or 3 decent players non of whom are top 10 at their position. Beasley can easily be the 4th or 5th best player on that squad to help them make the playoff in the brutal west.[SPOILER TAG][/SPOILER TAG] Then you got Indy who could use a scorer with the loss of Lance and George. Roy is their best player at the moment and could use a decent player at sf, Lets just say they are in tank mode. Blatche and Beasley did not live up to their potential but they are still talented player and in the right situation can be very productive.

Ariza's Better
09-14-2014, 07:33 AM
1. Yes
2. A lottery team trying to tank but trying to stay competitive.
3. God no.

ldawg
09-14-2014, 07:41 AM
1. Yes
3. God no.

with minutes Beasley can average what Ariza average. On defense however Ariza advantage.

IndyRealist
09-14-2014, 09:14 AM
Hate to say it, but the Pacers could really use him at this point off the bench. If he were a SG he'd fit our needs almost exactly.

force_within
09-14-2014, 09:21 AM
I hope this guy could get his head right..he's really got the talent and skills but damn, attitude is something really important.

PurpleLynch
09-14-2014, 09:23 AM
Leave Beasley alone. He has Lakers written all over him. Unfortunately.

c.c.
09-14-2014, 10:01 AM
1. Yes
3. God no.

Why you don't want him on the Rockets bro. I think the risk will be so bad, ain't like we going to be asking the guy for a lot. Our second unit needs more vets! He's only 25 but he been in the league for 6 years.

archdevil84
09-14-2014, 11:09 AM
spurs should take and transform him. in 3 years he wil be an all star

likemystylez
09-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Leave Beasley alone. He has Lakers written all over him. Unfortunately.

Poor J Randle, He really could develop into a top tier power forward- but if he goes to a team with Boozer and Beasley to learn his way in the NBA... it really wont be getting off on the right foot.

TheNumber37
09-14-2014, 12:40 PM
BULLS. Thibs will male him play hard.
Okc. Needs more scoring from places.
Hawks. Need more black people right now

Baltoro
09-14-2014, 01:12 PM
1. Yes he will. He didn't have THAT BAD of a season last year. He shot the ball decently in limited minutes. Low risk, High reward investment for teams.
2. Agree with the posters who suggested the Bulls and Spurs. He needs a hard *** like Thibs/Pop to keep him in line. He could be productive with a clearly defined roll.
3. With all of that said, absolutely wouldn't want him on my team.

da ThRONe
09-14-2014, 01:12 PM
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes

1. He's too talented not to find a team and seems to have matured a lot.

2. I look at the Lakers who needs a great deal of cheap talent.

3. Considering my Pelicans greatest need is at the 3 spot hell yeah I'd take Beasley on a team friendly contract.

IKnowHoops
09-14-2014, 01:50 PM

I know right.

Confusious
09-14-2014, 04:49 PM
76ers because they know what it means to tank, and do it with artistic grace.

JasonJohnHorn
09-14-2014, 08:30 PM
His percentages went up big time last year, but he played a lot of garbage minutes and had open shots with LBJ and Wade drawing defences away.

That said, if he's willing to take the min., I would sign him in a heart beat. Lakers. Utah. Bucks. Raptors. 76ers. Knicks. The Magic. Pistons. Hawks. I mean, anybody who doesn't have an All-Star at SF or is short at SF/PF could take a gamble on him.

With George out and Lance gone, the Pacers could certainly afford to take a gamble on him. I think with Doc and CP3 as mentors he could grow, so the Clippers might be an interesting landing spot. And if the Hornets picked him up and he developed into something, they could make some tradable players expendable.

Also, the Nets managed to turn Blatche into something. Maybe they could do the same with Beasley.

He's young and can still develop into a starter, so I'd take a gamble on him.

And at any rate... he might make a good trade piece if you are trying to match contracts and could be used in a trade for a second round pick or something. I'm always impressed when GM's make a signing like that and turn it into a second-round pick, or even a first rounder in some instances.

DemarDerozan
09-15-2014, 04:17 AM
Whichever team signs Beasley should make him live with Antoine Walker for 3 months before he gets his contract. NBA scared straight. I wonder what Eddie Curry is up to these days? Besides hypertension and diabetes.

JasonJohnHorn
09-15-2014, 11:40 AM
Whichever team signs Beasley should make him live with Antoine Walker for 3 months before he gets his contract. NBA scared straight. I wonder what Eddie Curry is up to these days? Besides hypertension and diabetes.

I didn't quite laugh out loud, but this put a smirk on my face.

The all NBA-Scared straight team:

PG: Allen Iveron/Kenny Anderson
SG: Latrell Spreewell
SF: Len Bias
PF: Antoine Walker/Derrick Coleman
C: Roy Tarpley/Eddy Curry

ldawg
09-15-2014, 03:24 PM
Wow that's a pretty solid team. They could actually win a ring or two

IKnowHoops
09-15-2014, 03:38 PM
I didn't quite laugh out loud, but this put a smirk on my face.

The all NBA-Scared straight team:

PG: Allen Iveron/Kenny Anderson
SG: Latrell Spreewell
SF: Len Bias
PF: Antoine Walker/Derrick Coleman
C: Roy Tarpley/Eddy Curry

Move Walker to backup small forward and insert Kemp at the starting PF spot and you definitely got yourself a championship with that squad. In there primes of course.

MonroeFAN
09-15-2014, 03:50 PM

+1

HeatFan
09-15-2014, 05:03 PM

I think that in the right situation he could be effective. I see him as an active body off the bench that can get his own shot. At least we know he is not shy about shooting. Really hope he does well and grows up. I kind of see him like a Anthony Mason type bang in there, get a few shots up, and perhaps stay in during any given night that he is hot. Not spectacular but low risk. There should be a clause somewhere protecting the team in case locker room issues (or off the court issues) become a problem.

ldawg
09-16-2014, 02:27 AM
The person who signs Beasley next is going to get lucky

rex.reyesiii
09-16-2014, 02:36 AM
If JR Smith can do it, so can Michael Beasly.

arlubas
09-16-2014, 04:00 AM
The Heat last year were his last chance imo. He's probably going to find a spot somewhere but I don't think any GM views him as an answer to any of his team's problems by this point. He's just a filler guy with a talent level he will never be able to reach, sadly.

IKnowHoops
09-16-2014, 04:20 AM
The Heat last year were his last chance imo. He's probably going to find a spot somewhere but I don't think any GM views him as an answer to any of his team's problems by this point. He's just a filler guy with a talent level he will never be able to reach, sadly.

Spoelstra didn't like him. I think there was some bad blood from when they first drafted him. I think he's got another chance in him.

IndyRealist
09-16-2014, 08:52 AM
The person who signs Beasley next is going to get lucky

Pretty sure there's a crime in there somewhere.

da ThRONe
09-16-2014, 11:06 AM

I don't think that's the case. When you go to a championship level team that relies on it core as much as the Heat did it's actually harder to break into the lineup. Especially when his best skill sets is that of a scorer.

Chronz
09-16-2014, 12:38 PM
I dont think there is a situation where Beasley could thrive, if there were one, it was last year with Miami. He started off well enough but from what I understand of the situation, the minute he get any sort of minor injury, the dude loses all focus. Hes either lazy or criminally dumb when it comes to understanding spacing on both ends.

In the 90's-early 2k era, he would have found a home on a lottery team, but now I just dont know if his skill set is valued that much in this era. His level of efficiency hasn't changed one iota since he came into the league. His best years have come off the bench for at least decent teams. We've seen him chuck to his hearts content on some pretty ****** teams and not produce impressive results. He kind of reminds me abit of a poor mans Al Harrington, only Harrington could actually do more to help teams win. Beasley can only chuck.

DemarDerozan
09-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Michael Beasley is becoming the Kenny Powers of basketball. KP even paid homage to his braids in season 3.

ldawg
09-18-2014, 06:42 AM
He is now working out with the Spurs but they ave 14 players signed already. Still think Indy Lakers could use him the most.

ewing
09-18-2014, 10:11 AM
i can't imagine him not making a team

Arch Stanton
09-18-2014, 10:25 AM
I thought it was odd that the Spurs were taking a look at him. Then the more I thought about it, they are the one franchise that could keep him on track (mentally), and use him most effectively.

Hawkeye15
09-18-2014, 10:37 AM

you called it, he is working out with them now

ldawg
09-18-2014, 01:03 PM
Lakers aren't the smartest team. Lately they have been doing some strange moves and none moves. IMO they should sign Beasley.

IKnowHoops
09-18-2014, 01:23 PM
you called it, he is working out with them now

I hope he goes to the Spurs, but if he fails there, and even pop can't get good production from him then...:shrug:

But I think Pop will get him going if he goes there.

ldawg
09-18-2014, 06:07 PM
I hope he goes to the Spurs, but if he fails there, and even pop can't get good production from him then...:shrug:

But I think Pop will get him going if he goes there.i think going to spurs may be a bad idea. it will be similar to last year with Miami on limited minutes. I think he needs a team with minutes he won't stay focus sitting on the bench no matter the team or coach. Indy may be the best fit and chance of playing time and showcase his talents and maturity. I think the chances of being cut by spurs is to great and cut do real damage to his already taint career. lakers is another good option if he focus on defense he beats out Johnson plus lakers thin at sf and especially if someone gets hurt.

IKnowHoops
09-19-2014, 01:18 AM
i think going to spurs may be a bad idea. it will be similar to last year with Miami on limited minutes. I think he needs a team with minutes he won't stay focus sitting on the bench no matter the team or coach. Indy may be the best fit and chance of playing time and showcase his talents and maturity. I think the chances of being cut by spurs is to great and cut do real damage to his already taint career. lakers is another good option if he focus on defense he beats out Johnson plus lakers thin at sf and especially if someone gets hurt.

Your right, it is the same in many ways, but its also very very very different because Pop can coach and Spoelstra can't. And even besides ability to coach, pop is awesome at developing players, and that is the absolute weakest part of Spo's horribly weak game. He couldn't even get anything consistent out of Bosh. I hope the Heat are competitive next season. I'd love to see them meet the Cavs in the eastern conference finals, but I have a feeling that its going to be a far worse season than anyone expected. I won't be surprised if they miss the playoffs. Especially if Wade is hurt.

Munkeysuit
09-19-2014, 02:32 AM

1.I sure do hope he does make a squad, the dude is way too talented NOT to raise some eyebrows.
2.YES there are tons of teams that will have problems scoring the basketball and that could use his talents.
3.YES I would want him on my team, but my team doesn't need the services he offers.

Tony_Starks
09-19-2014, 10:14 AM
He should but he won't. The fact that he couldn't get a invite to Lakers camp tells me a lot.

There's a lot of politics involved, he may get the Iverson treatment.

da ThRONe
09-19-2014, 01:04 PM
He should but he won't. The fact that he couldn't get a invite to Lakers camp tells me a lot.

There's a lot of politics involved, he may get the Iverson treatment.

From what I've read it's not that teams don't want Beasley it's that Michael and his team are trying to make sure they pick the right franchise. They see this as Beasley's last chance in the NBA to make an impact and they don't want to rush into a unfavorable situation. Smart by the Beasley camp IMO.

Tony_Starks
09-19-2014, 05:40 PM
From what I've read it's not that teams don't want Beasley it's that Michael and his team are trying to make sure they pick the right franchise. They see this as Beasley's last chance in the NBA to make an impact and they don't want to rush into a unfavorable situation. Smart by the Beasley camp IMO.

Oh cool. From what I had read is that his agent wants a guaranteed contract and teams aren't willing to give him one.

Probably a little bit of both really. Because he worked out for the Lakers twice and they still turned him down. Now it's the Spurs turn I guess....