PDA

View Full Version : If The Hawks Players All Demanded Trades, Which Player Would You Want Most?

Clippersfan86
09-13-2014, 02:16 PM
Pick one player from their roster to add to your team. It's just a hypothetical given that the racist situation may have a fallout on the players. Today for example Carmelo Anthony said no players will sign with Atlanta for a long time. Try not to just pick best player and maybe go for fit/need of your team to make it more interesting.

My pick is Kyle Korver. Clippers badly needs a legit starting SF who can spread the floor and D up a bit.

jaydubb
09-13-2014, 02:17 PM
Imma go with Kyle korver too, mostly cuz I've always liked him and wanted him on my team

B'sCeltsPatsSox
09-13-2014, 02:46 PM
Horford. I still feel like he's the league's most underrated player.

flea
09-13-2014, 02:51 PM
You think they're going to demand trades? Didn't Korver just come out in support of Ferry? They're building a real team under Coach Bud - I don't think any of them want out of the Spurs of the East.

kobe4thewinbang
09-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Korver is the new Ray Allen, not much else.
Jeff Teague got some skill. Horford is beast.
I would love for Millsap to get on a better team.

GunFactor187
09-13-2014, 03:00 PM
Torn between Jeff Teague and Kyle Korver.

Clippersfan86
09-13-2014, 03:01 PM
You think they're going to demand trades? Didn't Korver just come out in support of Ferry? They're building a real team under Coach Bud - I don't think any of them want out of the Spurs of the East.

Korver is one player. Melo also came out today and said he's spoken to many players and none would touch Atlanta with a 10 foot pole in the future.

Sadds The Gr8
09-13-2014, 03:01 PM
Millsap because Horford is injury prone

flea
09-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Melo just likes to run his yap when people will listen. I think the Hawks are good enough to go to the ECF this season, winning cures everything. If they should be upset at anyone it's the Cavs scout that wrote that junk.

Clippersfan86
09-13-2014, 03:04 PM
B's Celts can you please add a poll for me? Let's do...

Kyle Korver (Elite 3 point shooter, underrated defender and all around player)
Paul Millsap (Very good 2nd tier PF in the league)
Jeff Teague (Underrated PG with a lot of skills and explosiveness)
Al Horford (Best all around Hawks player, but very injury prone)
Thabo Sefalosha (Playoff vet who can lock up on D and hit 3's)
DeMarre Carroll (Great defense+hustle role player)

Carroll would actually be my 2nd pick. Crazy hustle/defense off the bench.

statquo
09-13-2014, 03:06 PM
B's Celts can you please add a poll for me? Let's do...

Kyle Korver
Paul Millsap
Jeff Teague
Al Horford
Thabo Sefalosha
Louis Williams
DeMarre Carroll

Carroll would actually be my 2nd pick. Crazy hustle/defense off the bench.

Lou plays for the raps.

Clippersfan86
09-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Oh crap, my bad lol.

flea
09-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Can a mod close this dumb thread? Just because the Hawks don't really have a fanbase here doesn't mean we should put up with junk like this. No Hawks players are going anywhere, they're one of the best teams in the East - even if that doesn't say much at this point.

c.c.
09-13-2014, 03:24 PM
I'll take Millsap for this current Rockets team

Beverly
Harden
Ariza
Millsap
Howard

c.c.
09-13-2014, 03:26 PM
Can a mod close this dumb thread? Just because the Hawks don't really have a fanbase here doesn't mean we should put up with junk like this. No Hawks players are going anywhere, they're one of the best teams in the East - even if that doesn't say much at this point.

It's just some off-season fun bro, calm down. We all know that's not gonna happen

goingfor28
09-13-2014, 03:28 PM
Milsap

Clippersfan86
09-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Milsap

Which team?

goingfor28
09-13-2014, 03:31 PM
Which team?
Clips

c.c.
09-13-2014, 03:31 PM
Clips

So he's gonna be a sixth man?

Clippersfan86
09-13-2014, 03:33 PM
Clips

I thought so, but was just making sure. Because we have Hawes/Davis/Udoh already as backup bigs. Millsap is much better, but he would be Griffin's back up. Korver would be a starter.

Clippersfan86
09-13-2014, 03:34 PM
Damn... Flea is really upset. I didn't think he would take it so seriously.

goingfor28
09-13-2014, 03:35 PM
So he's gonna be a sixth man?

I thought so, but was just making sure. Because we have Hawes/Davis/Udoh already as backup bigs. Millsap is much better, but he would be Griffin's back up. Korver would be a starter.
Can he not pay the 3?

c.c.
09-13-2014, 03:36 PM
Damn... Flea is really upset. I didn't think he would take it so seriously.

I don't even think an hardcore Hawks fan would be that mad :laugh:

Clippersfan86
09-13-2014, 03:37 PM
Can he not pay the 3?

About as well as Griffin can. Griffin has better handles/runs the court better/passes better and even Griffin wouldn't do well. I mean for some reason Griffin gave Durant/Lebron problems on D this year, but as a full time thing I'm sure teams would adjust and kill him. His short arms hurt his ability to close out on 3 point shooters with size.

So I definitely wouldn't recommend playing Millsap at 3 full time.

c.c.
09-13-2014, 03:39 PM
Can he not pay the 3?

I think so but I would prefer Korver play sf for the Clippers. Millsap is the better player but Korver is the better fit (my opinion)

DallasTrilla23
09-13-2014, 03:41 PM
Korver is one player. Melo also came out today and said he's spoken to many players and none would touch Atlanta with a 10 foot pole in the future.

They probably would of said that before all of these things came out tho. Atlanta has been mediocre ever since I can remember.

Clippersfan86
09-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Trilla true Atlanta already wasn't a hot free agent destination, but this may make it worse. I personally think most of it is overblown but players aren't educated or patient enough to care in many cases.

LTBaByyy
09-13-2014, 04:58 PM
Jeff Teague
Monta Ellis
Chandler Parsons
Dirk
Tyson Chandler

B'sCeltsPatsSox
09-13-2014, 05:54 PM
Millsap because Horford is injury prone

How the hell is Horford injury prone?

Sadds The Gr8
09-13-2014, 05:56 PM
How the hell is Horford injury prone?
Hasn't he missed significant time in 2 of the last 3 years with the same injury?

kobe4thewinbang
09-13-2014, 07:28 PM
Lakers-wise, Korver and Millsap would boost the bench and give Jeremy Lin a good 3-PT shooter to pass to. Millsap's better than Boozer, I think, not sure if Teague is better than Lin but obviously Horford is the best of the lot.

*Silver&Black*
09-13-2014, 08:43 PM
Not going to happen

Why is this thread open but the Cavs one closed? Neither will happen.

xxplayerxx23
09-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Horford

Arch Stanton
09-13-2014, 09:51 PM
I'd go with Horford for the Cavs.

IKnowHoops
09-13-2014, 10:20 PM

Didn't you make the exact same thread using the Cavs. Are you a real person? Is this some sort of joke? Are you so mad your clone of a thread was shut down that you go out of your way to try and get it shut down? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

IKnowHoops
09-13-2014, 10:26 PM
Not going to happen

Why is this thread open but the Cavs one closed? Neither will happen.

That is a good question.

DillyDill
09-14-2014, 12:44 AM
Teague no doubt his speed kills

FlashBolt
09-14-2014, 01:03 AM
Dear God, please give us Horford..

flea
09-14-2014, 02:36 AM
Didn't you make the exact same thread using the Cavs. Are you a real person? Is this some sort of joke? Are you so mad your clone of a thread was shut down that you go out of your way to try and get it shut down? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

I agree, my Cavs thread was just as legitimate as this one. For some reason my fantastical thread got closed but not this one. I wonder why, please investigate this internet forum mystery for me, IKnowHoops.

todu82
09-14-2014, 01:04 PM
Horford

jakub
09-14-2014, 03:03 PM
Twolves would take Millsap for obvious reasons

IKnowHoops
09-14-2014, 10:45 PM
I agree, my Cavs thread was just as legitimate as this one. For some reason my fantastical thread got closed but not this one. I wonder why, please investigate this internet forum mystery for me, IKnowHoops.

Does anyone have the answer??? I would like to know!

Chronz
09-15-2014, 01:26 AM
This thread is pretty insulting but debate is slow these days....

You always take the best player unless theres a better contract value elsewhere. Id have to go with either Horford or Milsap. I like the idea of them 2 playing together next year and both would serve a tremendous role for the Clips. Korver is interesting as hell but hes getting up there in age compared to these younger core building blocks.

I think so but I would prefer Korver play sf for the Clippers. Millsap is the better player but Korver is the better fit (my opinion)

If ur running a team, u can always trade the best player for a better fit, tho I admit its hard to find many fits better than Korver. That said, I actually think Milsap at the 3 would be more productive than Korver, he definitely helps the defense more. Maybe Im overrating his versatility but I would love to see an oversized lineup like that. Not only that but he gives us a different look when either Blake/DJ sit. The big reason we got Hawes this year was because he gives us what we were trying to develop with Mullens.

About as well as Griffin can. Griffin has better handles/runs the court better/passes better and even Griffin wouldn't do well. I mean for some reason Griffin gave Durant/Lebron problems on D this year, but as a full time thing I'm sure teams would adjust and kill him. His short arms hurt his ability to close out on 3 point shooters with size.

So I definitely wouldn't recommend playing Millsap at 3 full time.

One of the biggest losses from not just building a gradual contender around Blake was that we never really got to experiment with his skillset. Instead we traded away Z-Bo and made more room for Blake as a full-time 4, which wasn't how people saw Blake coming into the league. Hes more of a hybrid forward, which can be a good/bad thing depending on how you look at it. Milsap was an undersized 4 without the athletic talent, so he actually had to work alot harder to attain his skill set, the guy has learned how to play the 3 after years of developing and experimenting with the role. I imagine Blake would be a quick learner in terms of defensive positioning but his lack of shooting would be a detriment to his teammates. Luckily for him, Milsap will bring that counterbalance. So I dont see him not being a fit.

As for whos better at the 3, I really dont see why its relevant which one of them is named the nominal SF considering they are on the same team, that said, the better player usually remains so regardless of the positional change but on most other NBA teams, Milsap brings more of what teams are typically demanding of their SF's.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Bucks were interested in Teague last year. But Hawks matched RFA offer sheet. Bucks could still use a PG yet since Kidd moving Knight to SG. Unless he does like he said and Giannis plays PG on offense and defense he plays SG.

HeatFan
09-15-2014, 07:45 PM
Pick one player from their roster to add to your team. It's just a hypothetical given that the racist situation may have a fallout on the players. Today for example Carmelo Anthony said no players will sign with Atlanta for a long time. Try not to just pick best player and maybe go for fit/need of your team to make it more interesting.

My pick is Kyle Korver. Clippers badly needs a legit starting SF who can spread the floor and D up a bit.

For Miami it would probably be Horford because he's a big man. But in general, I think that many teams would benefit most from Korver.

TheNumber37
09-15-2014, 09:36 PM
Korver is only really meaningful to winning teams, who need a bit more spacing.

OKC, CLE, Clips

I would like Horford to play in the triangle for the Knicks.

I would say Teague, but we got calderon, which is better than what was there.

Lloyd Christmas
09-15-2014, 10:47 PM
Warriors- Horford

Raps18-19 Champ
09-15-2014, 10:54 PM
Horford easily.

True Sports Fan
09-16-2014, 12:29 AM
Teague would look nice on the Kings. Then again so would Horford, Korver and Millsap

alexander_37
09-16-2014, 12:03 PM
Korver or millsap its a toss up

JTHunter
09-17-2014, 06:01 AM
The Hawks have three really good player in Milsap, Teague and Horford. Their coaches and Gm's have underperformed in getting this team to play well.

They could try to find a better SG and SF. All those two players do is chuck from the outside. They make it very easy on thier defenders.

Any GM could find a decent SG and SF.

For thier roster they need a driving style SF that can pass and dunk. Also one that rebounds very well. Just a good dunker that averages about 10 points 7 rebounds, 2 steals and 3 assist with 1 block.

They also need a wirey driver at the SG. Someone that gets about 12ppg 4 rebounds, 4 assist, 1 steal.

Horford is a PF actually, they need to sign a big shot blocking center to play about 20 minutes a game

If they did these three things and got a new coach and gm they would be legit contenders and win about 55+ games each season.

J. O'neal
Horford
D. Green
T. Allen
J. Teague

6th man Milsap

MrfadeawayJB
09-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Millsap

east fb knicks
09-17-2014, 10:17 PM
horford to the knicks get it done jackson;)