PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Division vs. Eastern Conference

c.c.
09-13-2014, 11:35 AM
This division is arguably the best division in the league and has been for awhile. I think this division can go against the Eastern Conference top 5 teams and at least three of these match ups end up in the Southwest division favor. What do you guys think, fill in the plank with your winners of a best of seven of these match ups.

San Antonio Spurs vs. Cleveland Cavilers (?)
Houston Rockets vs. Miami Heat (?)
Dallas Mavericks vs. Chicago Bulls (?)
Memphis Grizzles vs. Washington (?)
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Toronto Raptors (?)

Just a little off-season boredom fun:silly:

c.c.
09-13-2014, 11:43 AM
San Antonio Spurs vs. Cleveland Cavilers (SA 4-3)
Houston Rockets vs. Miami Heat (HOU 4-2)
Dallas Mavericks vs. Chicago Bulls (DAL 4-3)
Memphis Grizzles vs. Washington (MEM 4-2)
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Toronto Raptors (NO 4-3)

If two teams was to lose it be the DAL vs. CHI match up (if Rose stop playing like he's been playing during FIBA) and the NO vs. WAS (just because I'm basing the Pelicans off potential)

todu82
09-13-2014, 01:30 PM
San Antonio Spurs vs. Cleveland Cavilers- San Antonio
Houston Rockets vs. Miami Heat- Miami
Dallas Mavericks vs. Chicago Bulls- Chicago
Memphis Grizzles vs. Washington- Washington
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Toronto Raptors- Toronto

Clippersfan86
09-13-2014, 02:44 PM
This division is arguably the best division in the league and has been for awhile. I think this division can go against the Eastern Conference top 5 teams and at least three of these match ups end up in the Southwest division favor. What do you guys think, fill in the plank with your winners of a best of seven of these match ups.

Spurs in 6
Rockets in 7
Bulls in 6 (assuming Rose is himself)
Washington in 6
Raptors in 7

Now some explanation.

1. Spurs beat Cavs due to huge chemistry edge, depth advantage and the fact that as a unit they have been there so many times. They are one or two plays removed from going for a 3 peat right now. Nobody can outcoach Pop in a series. They have played Lebron enough times in the playoffs to game plan for him better than anyone else and have a guy who can actually do it in Kawhi.

2. Rockets sheer talent overwhelms Miami in a 7 game series. Now many will ask why the hell I have Miami putting up so much of a fight and I'll tell you why. Chris Bosh. The Rockets PF position is incredibly weak and they got creamed all year at that position. I would not be shocked if Bosh dropped a 25/10 series on the Rockets. Then you throw in underrated Deng+Wade who if they are healthy can win a game or two in the series by themselves. The Rockets eventually win out though due to Dwight Howard crushing the Heat's lack of a center position and the 3 point shooting of Harden+Ariza.

3. Bulls and Mavericks are similarly talented/loaded on paper. The big difference is one team is an elite defensive team, the other isn't. In the slower, more grind out playoff series... I favor the defensive minded team. The series would be a great one and a dog fight, but assuming Rose gets back to superstar level, Bulls win.

4. Wizards win due to athleticism and speed wearing down the Grizzlies. On paper the Wizards are the more talented top to bottom squad. Grizzlies won't go down easy but the fastbreaks of Wall+Beal and the skilled inside duo of Gortat+Nene would prove to be too much. Then you throw in arguably the best bench in the league for the Wizards. So when it's bench vs bench, the gap grows. Nene+Gortat have a rare combination of skill AND toughness that should really give the Grizzlies problems.

5. The Raptors win due to more balance. They were one of only 5 teams in the NBA last year with a top 10 offense AND defense. The Pelicans have the best player and more offensive firepower no doubt. The Raptors though are the more well rounded and deeper team though and now have one year of playoff experience as a team. So continuity and depth win here.

LTBaByyy
09-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Rockets haven't won a playoff series since the 90's.

That will continue with Harden and Howard

c.c.
09-13-2014, 05:10 PM

Dude we beat Portland in the first round in the 2008-2009 playoffs and lost to the Lakers in game 7 in the second round. That post was so unnecessary and salty! You Mavs fans are really starting to get on my nerves with all this hatred. As I stated before I got nothing but love for all Texas teams but since this Parsons signings you guys picking at us every chance you get. Enough is enough!

HeatFan
09-13-2014, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=c.c.;29031249]This division is arguably the best division in the league and has been for awhile. I think this division can go against the Eastern Conference top 5 teams and at least three of these match ups end up in the Southwest division favor. What do you guys think, fill in the plank with your winners of a best of seven of these match ups.

San Antonio Spurs vs. Cleveland Cavilers (?) - Wow, difficult. Have to say SA in 6 since we don't know how CLE will look.
Houston Rockets vs. Miami Heat (?) - I'm Biased. Heat. in 6.
Dallas Mavericks vs. Chicago Bulls (?) - Great series. I'd love to see Rose 100%. Bulls. in 7
Memphis Grizzles vs. Washington (?) - Memphis is an enigma. Wizards in 6
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Toronto Raptors (?) - Anthony Davis too much. Pelicans in 7

c.c.
09-13-2014, 05:19 PM

By the way Howard and Harden is better than the Mavs current SG and C.

FlashBolt
09-14-2014, 01:06 AM
By the way Howard and Harden is better than the Mavs current SG and C.

Yeah.. but those aren't Mavs strongest position(s). Dirk+Chandler+Parsons+Ellis+Felton beats Harden+Howard+Ariza+Beverley+Jones any day.. Not to mention you are outcoached and we all know come playoff time, who doesn't show up.

c.c.
09-14-2014, 07:25 AM
Yeah.. but those aren't Mavs strongest position(s). Dirk+Chandler+Parsons+Ellis+Felton beats Harden+Howard+Ariza+Beverley+Jones any day.. Not to mention you are outcoached and we all know come playoff time, who doesn't show up.

Beverly > Felton
Harden > Ellis
Ariza = Parsons (yes right now they are equal, Parsons just have more potential than Ariza)
Jones < Dirk
Howard > Chandler
McHale < Carlisle

DallasTrilla23
09-14-2014, 10:00 AM

Keep his *** on the bench.

Dade County
09-14-2014, 10:50 AM
Keep his *** on the bench.

It's not about Harden showing up, it's actually about the refs not giving him the same calls that he gets in the regular season.

He's a above average offensive player that creates contact, but he is a built star by the league.

xxplayerxx23
09-14-2014, 11:22 AM

Uh Felton is a negative :)

xxplayerxx23
09-14-2014, 11:23 AM
It's not about Harden showing up, it's actually about the refs not giving him the same calls that he gets in the regular season.

He's a above average offensive player that creates contact, but he is a built star by the league.

He's a top 5 offensive player in the game

xxplayerxx23
09-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Beverly > Felton
Harden > Ellis
Ariza = Parsons (yes right now they are equal, Parsons just have more potential than Ariza)
Jones < Dirk
Howard > Chandler
McHale < Carlisle

Disagree I have parsons better then Ariza and Carlisle is the better coach IMO I do think Houston is better

c.c.
09-14-2014, 11:33 AM
Disagree I have parsons better then Ariza and Carlisle is the better coach IMO I do think Houston is better

I said Carlisle is the better coach. I think Parsons will be the better player but right now I think they neck and neck. This coming from a guy who watched a lot of Parsons play. Why you give Parsons the nod besides his potential?

prodigy
09-14-2014, 05:52 PM

Omg that is a pretty sick division lol. Its hard because I think age gotta catch up to the spurs soon or later right? I'm going to say every team listed plays their best. Rose 100% healthy wade too etc...

Spurs vs cavs ( whoever has home court I think wins. Seeing how the spurs will prob sit parker, Duncan and manu ever more cavs get home court. Cavs in 7)

Rockets vs heat ( if wade is 100% I say rockets in 7, if not healthy rockets in 5)

Mavs vs bulls ( rose healthy bulls in 6, if not mavs in 6)

Grizz vs wizards ( grizz in 5)

Pelicans vs raptors ( pelicans in 7)

MrfadeawayJB
09-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Every team in the southwest could make the playoffs. Is that even possible?

c.c.
09-14-2014, 08:10 PM
Every team in the southwest could make the playoffs. Is that even possible?

I think it's possible because every team besides the Pelicans went last year. It with be quite difficult though since every team in the Southwest division gotta play one another four times.

tredigs
09-14-2014, 08:26 PM
I think it's possible because every team besides the Pelicans went last year. It with be quite difficult though since every team in the Southwest division gotta play one another four times.

They're still not as good as OKC, Golden State, the Clippers or the Blazers (they could compete with Phoenix, but I'd lean Suns). Neither are Dallas or Memphis imo, and there won't be 5 50 win teams in the same division (which is about the barometer it takes to make the West playoffs right now).

IversonIsKrazy
09-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Only Eastern team I got winning would be Raps over NO