PDA

View Full Version : Players you loathe but you'd love to have

mightybosstone
09-13-2014, 10:22 AM
So as we all know the Rockets recently traded for Jason Terry, a known Rockets killer and a guy who pretty much every Rockets fan on the planet absolutely detests. But I totally would have loved to have that guy in his prime, and that got me thinking this morning...

Who are some guys that you loathe, but that you'd absolutely love to hear that your team acquired in a trade? Guys that you'd want to punch in the face if you saw him on the street but would jump for joy if you saw him wearing your team's uniform?

There's going to be some obvious superstars, but I'd like to see these posts dig a little deeper. The vast majority of you will probably say guys like Lebron James or Dwight Howard, but what are some No. 2 or No. 3 guys that would fit this description? And what about role players?

WaDe03
09-13-2014, 11:07 AM
Joakim Noah easily for me. I hate him but if he got traded to the Heat I would be ecstatic.

Riodagoat
09-13-2014, 12:01 PM
Noah easily

Ebbs
09-13-2014, 12:02 PM
Tony Parker, though I literally hate his face.

Clippersfan86
09-13-2014, 12:22 PM
This sucks for me to answer because most of the players I hate play PF and Clippers have Griffin there, so I wouldn't replace him with any of them. No SF's really have given me a reason to hate them that are good enough for me to wish for lol.

Arch Stanton
09-13-2014, 12:55 PM
Joakim Noah easily for me. I hate him but if he got traded to the Heat I would be ecstatic.

I agree with this.

HandsOnTheWheel
09-13-2014, 01:00 PM
Westbrook. Complete whiner and quite dependent on refs. But freak of nature nonetheless with ****** strength.

kdspurman
09-13-2014, 01:33 PM
A few years ago I would have said KG. I'm not so sure about now. There's some guys that I obviously loathe that I don't think would fit in well with the Spurs, so it requires some thinking for me

TheNumber37
09-13-2014, 01:45 PM
I loathe LBJ, but wouldn't really want him...

When playing against him, Noah would have to be up there, though.
Ibaka too. I always underestimate him.

jaydubb
09-13-2014, 01:51 PM
Hard to say today..

But back in the day I absolutely HATED peja stoijakavic and mike bibby but I definitely wouldn't have minded them on the lakers

Minimal
09-13-2014, 06:40 PM
This

ThuglifeJ
09-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Ibaka. Hate him, such a giant idiot douchebag psycho ... I would love to have what he brings though to a team.

I don't get why ppl loathe Noah hah. He's awesome.

KnickNyKnick
09-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Griffin, he just looks like an overgrown child.

Leftcoast_yg
09-13-2014, 07:11 PM
Nash but now i would love to see him on YOUR team.

Dade County
09-13-2014, 07:52 PM
The actress... 4 to 5yrs ago when he was still good.

Taj Gibson... coming off the bench

sammyvine
09-13-2014, 08:09 PM
This sucks for me to answer because most of the players I hate play PF and Clippers have Griffin there, so I wouldn't replace him with any of them. No SF's really have given me a reason to hate them that are good enough for me to wish for lol.

Which PF's do you hate?

THE MTL
09-13-2014, 08:38 PM
Back in the day it was Kobe.

IKnowHoops
09-14-2014, 12:26 AM
I agree with this.

This

IKnowHoops
09-14-2014, 12:27 AM
Griffin, he just looks like an overgrown child.
:laugh:

Raps18-19 Champ
09-14-2014, 01:21 AM
Joakim Noah.

benzni
09-14-2014, 02:21 AM
Chris Paul

PowerHouse
09-14-2014, 03:06 AM
This is where Kobe haters say Kobe and Lebron haters say Lebron.

PurpleLynch
09-14-2014, 05:40 AM
I loathe KG even if he's awesome. He's a douche. But in his prime he was my dream for the Lakers!

TheIlladelph16
09-14-2014, 09:54 AM
LOL at op thinking everyone loathes but wants James and Dwight.

Hahahahahha so classic.

You would be a horrible GM if you wouldn't want Lebron James on your basketball team regardless of whether or not you like him. Dwight is more questionable for sure, but 32/32 GMs would love to have James on their team as he's one of the best players ever.

Kobe throughout his prime and current Noah would be my answer.

DallasTrilla23
09-14-2014, 10:24 AM
Westbrook. I hate the way he plays the game.. The way he's always taunting after every dunk and every 3 point shot he makes. I hate the way he dresses and how he answers interviewers but if he came to Dallas, I would buy his jersey in a heartbeat.

dalton749
09-14-2014, 11:02 AM
all raptors fans hated physco t because he broke valanciunas' hand, but when he came here we loved him lol

ThuglifeJ
09-14-2014, 11:37 AM
LOL at op thinking everyone loathes but wants James and Dwight.

Hahahahahha so classic.

You would be a horrible GM if you wouldn't want Lebron James on your basketball team regardless of whether or not you like him. Dwight is more questionable for sure, but 32/32 GMs would love to have James on their team as he's one of the best players ever.

Kobe throughout his prime and current Noah would be my answer.

James Haren I was referring to whoops.

mightybosstone
09-14-2014, 12:26 PM
Me being a Houston fan, I've always hated/respected Dirk and Duncan. Those would still be the two guys at the top of my list. Kobe would be as well to a lesser extent, but his injuries and the fact that he plays the same position as Harden make him less of a need.

Other guys who fit in this category would be Damien Lillard, Lance Stephenson, Andrei Kirilenko, Kawhi Leonard, Pau Gasol and LaMarcus Aldridge.

Clippersfan86
09-14-2014, 12:54 PM
Which PF's do you hate?

Zbo and Ibaka. Ibaka would be my top pick here but with Griffin/DJ he isn't needed. I also dislike Cousins who's far more skilled than DJ, but fit wise him and Blake wouldn't be good at all IMO.

AIverson
09-14-2014, 11:48 PM
For me Kevin Durant. Hate him, but I would want him on my team for obvious reasons.

Chronz
09-15-2014, 12:37 AM
Zbo and Ibaka. Ibaka would be my top pick here but with Griffin/DJ he isn't needed. I also dislike Cousins who's far more skilled than DJ, but fit wise him and Blake wouldn't be good at all IMO.

Ibaka would be great next to any of our bigs.

True Sports Fan
09-15-2014, 12:46 AM
Definitely Griffin for me. Although as mentioned about Cousins / Griffin is a questionable fit

JLeBeau76
09-15-2014, 12:57 AM
Personally, I can't stand Ray Allen. He always has that smug smirk on his face that just pisses me off.

My all-time despise has to be MJ. He killed my Cavs too many times in the playoffs to do anything other than wishing someone would have cracked his jaw shut when he was going on one of those tongue out slams.

Bitter...just a tad

Clippersfan86
09-15-2014, 02:27 AM
Griffin and Cousins would be beautiful offensively with their elite passing/scoring but defensively a disaster. Blake is getting real good with PNR and man D but is still an atrocious rim defender. DJ helps clean some of that up, Cousins wouldn't.

jerellh528
09-15-2014, 04:39 AM
None for me.

king4day
09-15-2014, 12:20 PM
James Haren I was referring to whoops.

That's what I thought too (not LeBron).

I used to want Harden but am tired of guys who can't play D going to the Suns.
I don't hate him though so it wouldn't count for me.

Captain Moroni
09-15-2014, 01:01 PM
Im going old school.

Dennis Rodman

Bill Laimbeer

Charles Barkley

MonroeFAN
09-15-2014, 01:59 PM
The actress... 4 to 5yrs ago when he was still good.

Taj Gibson... coming off the bench

Ah right we talked about this before, Pierce right?

MonroeFAN
09-15-2014, 02:01 PM
That's what I thought too (not LeBron).

I used to want Harden but am tired of guys who can't play D going to the Suns.
I don't hate him though so it wouldn't count for me.

Why are you participating in that discussion without handing a warning to the guy for starting a fight over nothing? Now Rocket fans can't even start a topic without being attacked.

smiddy012
09-15-2014, 02:06 PM
Ibaka. Hate him, such a giant idiot douchebag psycho ... I would love to have what he brings though to a team.

Me neither, but I am a Bulls fan.

It's not like he's a dirty player, in fact he's a pretty honorable one. I'm sure his in-your-face attitude is a big part of why people love/hate him. Noah isn't scared to call out anyone, and his play in the NBA has only gotten better as his mouth has gotten louder.

Then again, I probably appreciate Noah so much cuz I had to sit through Booz all these years. Now that's a dude who won't shut up, or put up in the clutch. I mean, Noah will talk ish, but it's not like he never shuts tfu like Booz. Noah's a balls-out leader who gives his all on the court.

meloman1592
09-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Noah

ThuglifeJ
09-15-2014, 03:11 PM

Me neither, but I am a Bulls fan.

It's not like he's a dirty player, in fact he's a pretty honorable one. I'm sure his in-your-face attitude is a big part of why people love/hate him. Noah isn't scared to call out anyone, and his play in the NBA has only gotten better as his mouth has gotten louder.

Then again, I probably appreciate Noah so much cuz I had to sit through Booz all these years. Now that's a dude who won't shut up, or put up in the clutch. I mean, Noah will talk ish, but it's not like he never shuts tfu like Booz. Noah's a balls-out leader who gives his all on the court.

Agreed. And I'm not a bulls fan at all.

I can't stand boozer post-jazz either, so insanely soft, annoying, and just bad..but I thinks it's cuz he's just more into his family than basketball.

I really don't know why, or didn't know, that so many people disliked Noah..I appreciate the fact hes so 'all-out' on the court and if he dives for every loose ball instead of my guys I don't dislike him for it...I also don't think his passion for the game is annoying at all wish every player was like that

jaydubb
09-15-2014, 03:50 PM
This is where Kobe haters say Kobe and Lebron haters say Lebron.

Lebron

As long as he doesn't flop.. That's annoying as ****.. :)

mightybosstone
09-15-2014, 05:25 PM
Haren*

And I read it Lebron, James, Dwight on accident.. But it didn't surprise me when I saw the poster

For the record, you're on my ignore list now. So trolling me is not going to the have the desired effect you hope it will. The only reason I responded to this in the first place is because I created the thread and I was stupid enough to think you might have something interesting or constructive to add to the discussion. That was very foolish of me. Going back to ignoring you now. Enjoy your week.

ThuglifeJ
09-15-2014, 05:31 PM
Haren*

And I read it Lebron, James, Dwight on accident.. But it didn't surprise me when I saw the poster

For the record, you're on my ignore list now. So trolling me is not going to the have the desired effect you hope it will. The only reason I responded to this in the first place is because I created the thread and I was stupid enough to think you might have something interesting or constructive to add to the discussion. That was very foolish of me. Going back to ignoring you now. Enjoy your week.

Ok. Or maybe your fan base on here shouldn't be so delusionally self indulged in your team to think that everyone is thinking or talking about them. You guys think you're in that category of the Heat of the past few years, you're not. People hate your team because they're douchebags, not because they are elite..

But sure resort to blocking me or w.e IDC. It doesn't make you a 'better man' it in fact it just further proves your fanbase is over the top sensitive
Once again..

mightybosstone
09-15-2014, 05:47 PM
Ok. Or maybe your fan base on here shouldn't be so delusionally self indulged in your team to think that everyone is thinking or talking about them. You guys think you're in that category of the Heat of the past few years, you're not. People hate your team because they're douchebags, not because they are elite..

But sure resort to blocking me or w.e IDC. It doesn't make you a 'better man' it in fact it just further proves your fanbase is over the top sensitive
Once again..

I don't ignore people who disagree with me. In fact, I welcome that, as I enjoy a good debate more than most people. I only ignore the trolliest of trolls. In seven years on this site, you're one of less than a handful of posters I've ever blocked. Because you're not interested in debate or discussion. Your mind was so quick to troll in this thread that you misread the original post and immediately assumed Harden's name was included. That's how you think. If you see any opportunity to trash Harden, Howard or the Rockets, you go out of your way to do it. I just have no interest in anything you have to say.

So, you can continue to troll all you like, but I'm not going to let myself get upset over it.

ThuglifeJ
09-15-2014, 06:22 PM

Once again..

I don't ignore people who disagree with me. In fact, I welcome that, as I enjoy a good debate more than most people. I only ignore the trolliest of trolls. In seven years on this site, you're one of less than a handful of posters I've ever blocked. Because you're not interested in debate or discussion. Your mind was so quick to troll in this thread that you misread the original post and immediately assumed Harden's name was included. That's how you think. If you see any opportunity to trash Harden, Howard or the Rockets, you go out of your way to do it. I just have no interest in anything you have to say.

So, you can continue to troll all you like, but I'm not going to let myself get upset over it.

How can u honestly say that? Anything said negative or non-favoring the entire Rockets franchise (ranging from the players to the GM), you guys (PSD rox fans) take it as trolling or baiting. You guys just hate the fact people don't respect the rockets enough and can't accept it. Everyone gets that way about their teams, but you guys take it so insanely far and get way too caught up in it you just say "troll" to everything negative. Its pretty much delusional now cuz u actually all believe it.

No one should feel bad either its pathetic you guys got a thread dedicated to being more sensitive to your franchise.

I read it as Lebron, James, and Dwight Howard

Get over it.

Its not ****ing trolling, if ANYTHING labeling any criticism as trolling is ****ing trolling.

mightybosstone
09-15-2014, 07:11 PM
How can u honestly say that? Anything said negative or non-favoring the entire Rockets franchise (ranging from the players to the GM), you guys (PSD rox fans) take it as trolling or baiting. You guys just hate the fact people don't respect the rockets enough and can't accept it. Everyone gets that way about their teams, but you guys take it so insanely far and get way too caught up in it you just say "troll" to everything negative. Its pretty much delusional now cuz u actually all believe it.

No one should feel bad either its pathetic you guys got a thread dedicated to being more sensitive to your franchise.

Get over it.

Its not ****ing trolling, if ANYTHING labeling any criticism as trolling is ****ing trolling.

Just to prove a point and because I'm procrastinating from doing any work, I'm going to prove something to you. I temporarily unignored you and looked at your history. In the month of September, 35 of your posts have either had something negative to say about the Rockets or were made in a negative thread about the Rockets. That's more than two posts per day.

You've had 80 posts in the month of September, so about 44% of your posts have either been directly related to trashing the Rockets and their players. And 64 of your posts have been in the NBA forum, so about 55% of your basketball posts have somehow had something negative to say about the Rockets. (And it's worth noting that every single one of your posts made on Aug. 31 was a negative Rockets post.)

So you can call it trolling. You can call it whatever the hell you like. But it's clear that trashing the Rockets is a priority for you, and I just have no desire to read anything you have to say anymore. :shrug:

HeatFan
09-15-2014, 07:30 PM

Yeah, I agree Noah is a good pick. I would also have like Big Shot Robert Horry. He always killed my teams and was always smiling, which I hated. But being so clutch as he was, would have been great for us.

I always disliked Manu Ginobili because he is such an awkward player, but he is a winner anywhere he is, be it Spurs or Argentina National Team. Just a born winner.

deaner
09-15-2014, 07:44 PM
Tyler Hansbourgh is someone would fit this description. I am now happy he's a raptor reserve.

MonroeFAN
09-16-2014, 11:05 AM

Get over it.

You 100% trolled him in this topic, make no mistake about it.

And then a mod helped you. It's a joke.

diu9leilomo
09-16-2014, 12:05 PM
melo

CubsBullsBucs
09-16-2014, 12:19 PM
Ya i have to agree with the previous poster, I don't understand why people hate Noah so much. He plays the game like I would want every NBA player to. He plays his heart out, is a great teammate, really doesnt get into any dirty fights or arguments, and dare i say he is ALMOST as popular as D Rose here, not quite but he's getting there.

The only people that can have an excuse to not like him are Cleveland fans; he hates Cleveland, and doesnt care for Lebron. The only 2 other times I can recall an encounter is in the OKC locker room when he tried to talk to his former teammate Thabo, and Perkins screamed at him to leave. Noah did, so i dont really think there should be much animosity there. And then with a wizards security guard last season, who was shouting things at noah because noah was taking extra time on the court before a playoff game. Noah shouted back, but i dont think anyone can blame him?

easily my favorite player in the NBA

Crackadalic
09-16-2014, 12:31 PM
I only hate one player and that's Paul Pierce. If I see him in a knicks uniform I'd probably stop watching them for a whole season until he's off the team

Seattle4Ever
09-16-2014, 02:11 PM
Sonics fan, so, I'd love to have anyone...