PDA

View Full Version : If France had a full squad could they contend with U.S.A in fiba ??

smith&wesson
09-12-2014, 04:55 PM
If France had all their French NBA players playing on their Fiba team this year could they contend with Team USA for the championship ??

Jokim Noah
Toni Parker
Nicolas Batum
Boris Diaw
Evan Fournier
Kevin Seraphin
Mickaël Piétrus
Ian Mahinmi
Ronny Turiaf
Rodrigue Beaubois
Nando Decolo
Rudy Gobert

etc

Clippersfan86
09-12-2014, 05:04 PM
Are they as talented? Hell no. Could they win due to more team oriented play with the playmakers they have? Yes. Noah would give Davis hell on D and he's been team USA's main weapon. Then you have guys like Batum to throw on Harden who can make him work.

Shlumpledink
09-12-2014, 05:16 PM
If by contend you mean not lose by 40 points, then yes they would contend. They would still lose by a lot though.

smith&wesson
09-12-2014, 05:22 PM
If by contend you mean not lose by 40 points, then yes they would contend. They would still lose by a lot though.

by "contend" I mean have a decent shot at beating them.

kdspurman
09-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Against this Team USA, I think they could contend and possibly upset them.

Iron24th
09-12-2014, 05:50 PM
I don't think they can upset them but definitely give them a real opposition.

NYKalltheway
09-12-2014, 05:51 PM
I think this France team could beat the USA .

5ass
09-12-2014, 06:08 PM
That hurtle (whatever I'm not going to check spelling) guy is pretty good

NYKalltheway
09-12-2014, 06:35 PM
That hurtle (whatever I'm not going to check spelling) guy is pretty good

Thomas Heurtel. Plays in Spain.

Bruno
09-12-2014, 07:09 PM
I think this France team could beat the USA .

no way. give them Noah and Parker and we can talk.

NYKalltheway
09-12-2014, 07:53 PM
no way. give them Noah and Parker and we can talk.

Parker would be a huge boost but Noah doesn't do much in international play.

Iron24th
09-12-2014, 08:03 PM

Offensively he didn't but he did a tremendous job defensively.

NYKalltheway
09-12-2014, 08:17 PM
Offensively he didn't but he did a tremendous job defensively.

Looked mostly team defense effectiveness to me. Surely, he'd be an upgrade over the current centers but I don't think he'd be a catalyst.
Add Tony Parker to this team and USA will face trouble. Without him, they win 8 out of 10. (And they win 10 out of 10 with most of the very weak competition they faced so far)

I was hoping the USA would have teams like France, Serbia, Greece, Argentina, Croatia... Instead they got the easiest group and the easiest path to the final :/ (Australia or Slovenia in the last 8, same thing)

5ass
09-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Thomas Heurtel. Plays in Spain.

He does well over there? To me it looked like the guy can play in the NBA.

Vinylman
09-12-2014, 08:37 PM
How many USfirst team all nba'ers on this team?

if you are gonna play what if it goes both ways...

No one is playing their best players other than those losers on the iberian peninsula

IKnowHoops
09-12-2014, 09:49 PM
France, Serbia, Spain, whoever will all get it. US would have to have an extremely bad day (multiple players playing like Hardens first half against Lithuania for a whole game) for US to loose. If US plays B-level Basketball they beat every team by 25 pretty easily. A- level basketball and those are all 35 point games. Serbia is gonna get run. No matter who France gets, it all depends on how the US is feeling and has nothing to do with how good or bad france plays. US is much to talented to loose while playing pretty good ball.

IKnowHoops
09-12-2014, 09:51 PM
I expect a blowout of Serbia. A semi close first half. Maybe up 6-10 at half time, and then a blowout 3rd quarter and a cake walk 4th.

Bruno
09-12-2014, 10:02 PM

jokim noah helps any team. his passion and effort is contagious. passing/defensive big men are a luxury.

Hawkeye15
09-13-2014, 12:41 AM
if the US sent its absolute best players, would anyone challenge them?

no

LeBron, Durant, Love, Paul, Dwight, and more, are all sitting at home watching.

monty77
09-13-2014, 06:13 AM
I do think that there are better teams than France now and there will be better teams in next years to face USA. Neither of them will succeed but Serbia, Spain and Canada have the same level or even better than France.

I believe that France would have won Serbia with Noah and Parker in the roster, but these players only will play Olympics Games because of they are about 30 and 32 years old approximately. So maybe France has a chance to reach Olympics Game finals, but the future are Serbia and Canada.

Spain had, player by player, better team than France this World Championship, but they had the worst National Coach in the country story too. They waste this chance because I doubt seriously that Gasol and Navarro, 2 of the 5 better players in the Spanish story play again.

France roster is the worst roster have reached semifinals in the recent World Championship. Batum and Diaw are their best players, the third one is Fournier, so it is all said. You can't compare it with Marc Gasol, Pau Gasol, Ibaka, Ricky, Calderon, Navarro, Rudy and so on. Serbia won them easily yesterday with great players like Teodosic, Bogdanovic, Krstic and Bjelica. Any of them could reach 10 points in the NBA. There is no fourth (even third) player in France able to do that in this Championship.

There is a problem with Spain and Serbia regarding to face USA: they are not physical teams. France and Canada are, so it will depend of how these teams are matched in the future. I don't want to forget other teams like Brazil and Greece. But it is clear that the only team that can face USA next 10 years is Canada, great new generation with Wiggins, Tristan Thompson and company.

IndyRealist
09-13-2014, 08:35 AM

no

This. The US sent the B team.

sports1983fan
09-13-2014, 08:53 AM
How many USfirst team all nba'ers on this team?

if you are gonna play what if it goes both ways...

No one is playing their best players other than those losers on the iberian peninsula

This is very true would that team beat a team with Lebron James Kevin Durant Chris Paul

smith&wesson
09-13-2014, 10:28 AM

no

agreed, and that goes with out saying. BUT if france had toni parker, noah, batum, diaw, etc. could they beat this current u.s team lead by harden and davis. that's what im asking my man.

tredigs
09-13-2014, 11:15 AM
agreed, and that goes with out saying. BUT if france had toni parker, noah, batum, diaw, etc. could they beat this current u.s team lead by harden and davis. that's what im asking my man.

Wouldn't say Harden's leading anything. And yes, in a best of 1 format of course they'd have a chance, though they would not be favored and they would most likely lose. But, seeing as they could not beat Serbia we will not get to find out.

todu82
09-13-2014, 01:33 PM
Meh, not for gold but maybe for bronze.

NYKalltheway
09-13-2014, 02:34 PM
Meh, not for gold but maybe for bronze.

they already got that, they beat Lithuania in the 3rd place game

mrblisterdundee
09-13-2014, 06:26 PM
I'd like to see Team Canada in the next FIBA and 2020 Olympics cycle:

PG: Tyler Ennis, Corey Joseph
SG: Nik Stauskas
SF: Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, Justin Jackson, Montaque
Gill-Ceasar
PF: Tristan Thompson, Dwight Powell, Andrew Nicholson
C: Kelly Olynyk, Robert Sacre
Coaches: Jay Triano, Steve Nash

Nash is too old to play by that point. Wiggins will have to play a lot, including a lot at shooting guard. Canada's biggest weakness is obviously in the front court, but overall it will be a very competitive team over at least for two Olympic cycles.