PDA

View Full Version : How to interpret Paul George's tweet

blahblahyoutoo
09-11-2014, 10:09 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/09/paul-george-ray-rice-twitter

Keep it 100 lets act on this police violence like we actin on this Ray Rice case! Stay strong homie !

I could be wrong, but this to me sounds like:
"Hey, lets not forget who the real enemy is. Stop attacking a "brutha" and focus on the police."

And this one just isn't english so I have no idea.

I don't condone hittin women or think it's coo BUT if SHE ain't trippin then I ain't trippin.. Lets keep it movin lol let that man play!

is the letter 'g' on his keyboard broken?

mrblisterdundee
09-11-2014, 10:34 PM
Giving some professional athletes access to talking or messaging equipment is a mistake.

jaydubb
09-11-2014, 10:35 PM
I dont see nuttin rong wit wat he sed.. Pawl gorge iz a ****in beest. He a coo cat.

On a serious note, I have no idea how someone can possibly think it's a good idea to defend ray rice. A picture says 1000 words but a video tells the truth. Truth is ray rice hit a woman, there is no excuse for that..

Phantom Dreamer
09-11-2014, 10:37 PM
Has anyone referred to Paul George as a learned man? I guess not.

Phenomenonsense
09-11-2014, 10:43 PM
Well, he said: We should be focusing the media and public outrage at the police violence versus this one incident between one man and a woman. He obviously thinks this has gotten way too much attention when serious issues such as police violence which affect many more people. And the second tweet he is saying that he isn't condoning hitting a woman, but there were reports that she was the first to hit him (which she was, although spitting on someone is still considered assault so it was legally Ray who started and ended it). He was simply stating that if she weren't hitting him, that Paul George wouldn't be hitting a woman. This leaves open the possibility of hitting a woman if she hit a him first, obviously. Paul feels it is okay to have hit the woman since she struck first, and thinks the man should be able to go to work after such an incident.

*Silver&Black*
09-11-2014, 11:18 PM
Isn't he the one that got a stripper pregnant, and bribed her to 'take care of it'? Yeah, I want to hear his opinion......

dalton749
09-11-2014, 11:32 PM
If she ain't trippin (over it) neither should we is basically all he's saying. He has a point to some degree, people are always looking to support a cause and get involved in things that don't either involve them, or they know nothing about.

This happens everyday all around the world and it's awful, but to take away the guys livelihood, and to go after his bosses is ****ing pathetic.
Do we all just ignore the fact that he was clearly on the defensive, and removing himself from the situation wasn't exactly an option

HandsOnTheWheel
09-11-2014, 11:36 PM
Giving some professional athletes access to talking or messaging equipment is a mistake.

This.

HandsOnTheWheel
09-11-2014, 11:37 PM
I'm sorry but how dumb can someone get? This is taking it to extremes.

IKnowHoops
09-11-2014, 11:40 PM
What he is saying is that, the person that got hit (the wife) has the most reason to be mad. But she not only forgave I'm, but she married him. It makes no since at all for people who have nothing to do with Ray, to be more mad than she is. He is being punished for how the media feels, not for how his wife feels which is stupid. His wife doesn't want this, and she has the only right to be upset. But people are ruining her life by blowing something up that she and Ray are dealing with fine. They don't need anyone else's opinions. If she wants him to play football, then he should be playing. But he's not playing because the people that didn't get hit are upset. Its all about media making money, and people wanting to take everything from a dude.

bleedprple&gold
09-11-2014, 11:46 PM
Twitter needs to remove the delete tweet option so stupid people can be held responsible for the stupid **** they say.

Pakman
09-11-2014, 11:56 PM
Its called trying to protect his fellow athlete. I tell you what, im getting sick of random nobodies bashing people over social media and forums when In reality these twitter users and forums users would be running for autographs and handshakes like fan girls. The problem is giving people the opportunity to directly interact with the celebrity. Keyboard warriors make me sick

Clippersfan86
09-12-2014, 12:18 AM
Let me translate.

"I gotz to feed my babies. Dat strippa bi*ch ain't wearin no jimmy. Hos be like who dat ni*ga as if I'm not gunningz fo dat MVP in 2o15. People say I can't doit but I be back early fo real. How you gon let some trick get allz up in ya face and not knock her az out cold bruh?"

beasted86
09-12-2014, 12:51 AM
Paul is right on here.

People are getting upset over this issue far more than the Michael Brown incident. One case has a domestic dispute which has the woman perfectly fine now and telling people she and her husband put it behind them. The other situation has a guy 6 feet deep and a department full of officers basically high-fiving each other for the "good job" of gunning down an unarmed jay walker.

****ed up properties in this country.

Iron24th
09-12-2014, 12:59 AM
Twitter needs to remove the delete tweet option so stupid people can be held responsible for the stupid **** they say.

this

thephoenixson28
09-12-2014, 01:02 AM
He saying Ray Rice made a mistake and That's all what people are talking about. But there are bigger problems then that.

Then the bottom is saying it's there problem not no one else, she forgave him, and people should just let it go. People make mistakes

Jeffy25
09-12-2014, 01:21 AM

Hahaha

Is it a bad thing for some of these guys to learn how to speak and spell and write or something?

Jeffy25
09-12-2014, 01:23 AM
Paul is right on here.

People are getting upset over this issue far more than the Michael Brown incident. One case has a domestic dispute which has the woman perfectly fine now and telling people she and her husband put it behind them. The other situation has a guy 6 feet deep and a department full of officers basically high-fiving each other for the "good job" of gunning down an unarmed jay walker.

Not exactly the situation in Ferguson........

beasted86
09-12-2014, 07:11 AM
Not exactly the situation in Ferguson........

Close enough

Punk
09-12-2014, 08:03 AM
This happens everyday all around the world and it's awful, but to take away the guys livelihood, and to go after his bosses is ****ing pathetic.
Do we all just ignore the fact that he was clearly on the defensive, and removing himself from the situation wasn't exactly an option
So, a 200+ pound NFL running back that is known to take hits as a career choice couldn't restrain a much smaller female for 20 seconds until the elevator opened? I find that ridiculous to believe. Knocking her out cold with her head hitting his fist, metal rail and hitting the floor can be deadly or lead to brain damage. None of that seemed to be worrisome when he dragged her out and REFUSED to get medical help or even show compassion or a sense of urgency to help his finance wake up. If his kid were there and his wife shoves him, is it okay for him to 'defend' himself with another punch in front of his daughter?

He deserved everything he's getting. Domesticated Violence has gone on now far too long without people realizing how damaging it is to our society and the domino effect it has on children growing up. Paul George rationalizing it is an embarrassment to everyone including black athletes. Perpetrating the racist stereotypes that are out there when it comes to violence and black men. He has no moral compass.

InRoseWeTrust
09-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Paul is right on here.

Really? Because I'm pretty sure the Brown incident caused like 2 weeks of riots, and basically 24/7 coverage on virtually all major news networks. Clearly this story is going to be more visible within the sporting world, because it's related to the NFL. Stop.

Phenomenonsense
09-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Paul is right on here.

If you minimize one person's crime and exaggerate another's, it is hard to take it seriously.

JAZZNC
09-12-2014, 11:20 AM
Close enough
No it's not.

JAZZNC
09-12-2014, 11:28 AM
Really? Because I'm pretty sure the Brown incident caused like 2 weeks of riots, and basically 24/7 coverage on virtually all major news networks. Clearly this story is going to be more visible within the sporting world, because it's related to the NFL. Stop.
Pretty spot in. Bunch of these idiots saying things like that just watch sports center. If you looked anywhere you saw stuff about that incident . It was a much bigger deal nationally than Ray Rice.
And anybody that thinks Ray Rice should have an NFL job is just clueless. The sporting world has gone far to long allowing people to have jobs that wouldn't be able to have a job at McDonald's given their history. And I don't care if he and his wife have worked it out, you just can't have that **** from supposed professionals.
Pacman Jones is a perfect example. Had a guy paralyzed and when he was reinstated he joked about not going to gentlemens clubs anymore and everybody got a laugh out of it, bet the guy who can't walk anymore wasn't laughing.
The NFL and every league needs to crack down on this stuff and anybody that thinks otherwise is just out of touch with reality.

Punk
09-12-2014, 12:13 PM

Exactly. Domestic Violence is no joke. It alters our society by the amount of physiological damage it produces to children and how they can perceive love and respect as they grow up. It usually leads to death or significantly bad injuries in most cases.

So, for someone like George to be the ONLY athlete to publically support Ray Rice in the midst of a sensitive situation shows his ignorance and his own true colors to a degree. He should be fined.

GeronimoSon
09-12-2014, 12:28 PM
More than one perspective is in play here...

When you listen to and read what Paul George had to say.. he confined the activity as an act between Ray and Janay.. If Janay & Ray didn't want to see any outside action subsequent to the incident, then the incident is done and over.. Paul George is saying.. it's no one else's business..

In "our" alleged civilized society with the rule of law as one of it's tenants, if one party refuses to bring charges against another.. then that's the end of it.. With the intrusion of video so prevalent.. the fact the entire world can see into this activity.. made it an issue to be commented on..

It can be interpreted from George that his position was this.

and I disagree with him... inexcusable is inexcusable.. regardless if someone witnesses the act or not..

PurpleLynch
09-12-2014, 01:00 PM
George,both stories are just shames for the human race,that's all.
Plus,I ****ing hate domestic violence. Don't ask me why,it's a personal thing,but I hate it. That video chilled my bones. Like Ferguson's story.

I Rock Shaqs
09-12-2014, 01:36 PM
I read about three posts and I can already tell this is going to turn into a racist bash black people thread.

I Rock Shaqs
09-12-2014, 01:37 PM
George,both stories are just shames for the human race,that's all.
Plus,I ****ing hate domestic violence. Don't ask me why,it's a personal thing,but I hate it. That video chilled my bones. Like Ferguson's story.

So if a woman stabs a man and then the man knocks her out, actually how about if a woman is beating the **** out of some guy and then he knocks her out, that's a crime on him?

Actually how about this wife starts going around talking **** about him and how she can do whatever she wants cuz "he ain't man enough" to stand up for himself and then he knocks her out.

da ThRONe
09-12-2014, 01:47 PM
American is such a cesspool of contradicting stupidity it's not even funny. And I'm not talking about George's tweet.

We want women to be treated as equal yet give them passes for their behavior because they are the weaker sex. If she spit of Ray then hit him and charged at him what did she think was going to happen? If this was Michael Sams and his male lover did the same exact thing and Sam acted as Ray Rice did this would not be a problem. Nobody should be hitting anyone else male or female. However when a person initiates the violence they deserve the lion share of the blame.

I'm far more disturbed by Greg Hardy's situation who's still playing mind you.

beasted86
09-12-2014, 02:01 PM

If you minimize one person's crime and exaggerate another's, it is hard to take it seriously.

Both are bad situations, but I just feel relative to the crime the Ray Rice thing is way overblown.

Rice was arrested and served his punishment. He and his wife (publicly) put it behind them. The Rice case is over with. He's kicked off the team and out of the NFL indefinitely. What more is there to talk about? SMH.

In the other case you have a family with no justice and a murderer a free man.

And yet you have not only national or sports radio, but even local TV talking about Rice still.

BigCityofDreams
09-12-2014, 02:06 PM
American is such a cesspool of contradicting stupidity it's not even funny. And I'm not talking about George's tweet.

We want women to be treated as equal yet give them passes for their behavior because they are the weaker sex. If she spit of Ray then hit him and charged at him what did she think was going to happen? If this Michael Sams and his male lover did the same exact thing and Sam acted as Ray Rice did this would not be a problem. Nobody should be hitting anyone else male or female. However when a person initiates the violence they take the lion share of the blame.

I'm far more disturbed by Greg Hardy's situation who's still playing mind you.

Yea what he did is disgusting on every level.

ThuglifeJ
09-12-2014, 02:06 PM
Idiot.

da ThRONe
09-12-2014, 02:09 PM
So, a 200+ pound NFL running back that is known to take hits as a career choice couldn't restrain a much smaller female for 20 seconds until the elevator opened? I find that ridiculous to believe. Knocking her out cold with her head hitting his fist, metal rail and hitting the floor can be deadly or lead to brain damage. None of that seemed to be worrisome when he dragged her out and REFUSED to get medical help or even show compassion or a sense of urgency to help his finance wake up. If his kid were there and his wife shoves him, is it okay for him to 'defend' himself with another punch in front of his daughter?

He deserved everything he's getting. Domesticated Violence has gone on now far too long without people realizing how damaging it is to our society and the domino effect it has on children growing up. Paul George rationalizing it is an embarrassment to everyone including black athletes. Perpetrating the racist stereotypes that are out there when it comes to violence and black men. He has no moral compass.

While there's a small chance punching someone can be fatal there's an exponentially greater chance that shooting someone will be fatal. And those huge differences are known when people perform the two acts.

So if a man counter punching his lover is domestic violence what is it call for the woman who initiates the violence in the first place. If she knows he 200lbs of muscle why are you spitting on him, hitting him, and charging at him? Why can in a fit of rage she become uncontrollably aggressive, but he can't?

Jamiecballer
09-12-2014, 02:17 PM
And the second tweet he is saying that he isn't condoning hitting a woman, but there were reports that she was the first to hit him (which she was, although spitting on someone is still considered assault so it was legally Ray who started and ended it). He was simply stating that if she weren't hitting him, that Paul George wouldn't be hitting a woman. This leaves open the possibility of hitting a woman if she hit a him first, obviously. Paul feels it is okay to have hit the woman since she struck first, and thinks the man should be able to go to work after such an incident.
that was what i thought too, but then i read this interpretation:

If she ain't trippin (over it) neither should we is basically all he's saying.

Confusious
09-12-2014, 04:29 PM
I dont see nuttin rong wit wat he sed.. Pawl gorge iz a ****in beest. He a coo cat.

On a serious note, I have no idea how someone can possibly think it's a good idea to defend ray rice. A picture says 1000 words but a video tells the truth. Truth is ray rice hit a woman, there is no excuse for that..
Yeah, well, Chris Brown's new album is just about to come out, and people are gonna be all over that.
Nobody really cares about woman beaters I guess. Pretty sad.

IKnowHoops
09-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Yeah, well, Chris Brown's new album is just about to come out, and people are gonna be all over that.
Nobody really cares about woman beaters I guess. Pretty sad.

No one should care more than the woman who got hit. If she forgives him, so should we.

Jamiecballer
09-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Well, he said: We should be focusing the media and public outrage at the police violence versus this one incident between one man and a woman. He obviously thinks this has gotten way too much attention when serious issues such as police violence which affect many more people. And the second tweet he is saying that he isn't condoning hitting a woman, but there were reports that she was the first to hit him (which she was, although spitting on someone is still considered assault so it was legally Ray who started and ended it). He was simply stating that if she weren't hitting him, that Paul George wouldn't be hitting a woman. This leaves open the possibility of hitting a woman if she hit a him first, obviously. Paul feels it is okay to have hit the woman since she struck first, and thinks the man should be able to go to work after such an incident.

No one should care more than the woman who got hit. If she forgives him, so should we.

that's really short sighted. for all we know she's absolutely terrified of him and has been controlled through intimidation for god knows how long. it's not uncommon.

dalton749
09-12-2014, 05:21 PM
that's really short sighted. for all we know she's absolutely terrified of him and has been controlled through intimidation for god knows how long. it's not uncommon.

But that's just it. None of us know therefore we have no right to an opinion on the matter.
If you don't know all the facts, but you're the first one to pick up a pitch fork does it make you any better than the person you're after?

(Not directed at you) lol

da ThRONe
09-12-2014, 05:22 PM

True, but for all we know she could be the abusive one a Ray got feed up and acted out. What we do know is that she is choosing to stick with him. Whether it's smart or not it isn't our decision to make.

da ThRONe
09-12-2014, 05:26 PM
But that's just it. None of us know therefore we have no right to an opinion on the matter.
If you don't know all the facts, but you're the first one to pick up a pitch fork does it make you any better than the person you're after?

It's unfortunate, but things like logic are frowned upon in the current civil structure. We are taught to give into the first impulsive instinct we have. Thinking for yourself makes you a social misfit.

dalton749
09-12-2014, 06:08 PM
It's unfortunate, but things like logic are frowned upon in the current civil structure. We are taught to give into the first impulsive instinct we have. Thinking for yourself makes you a social misfit.

The Internet is becoming such a weapon because of people's stupidity, I feel like it has peaked and will start to become a huge problem

blahblahyoutoo
09-12-2014, 09:35 PM
While there's a small chance punching someone can be fatal there's an exponentially greater chance that shooting someone will be fatal. And those huge differences are known when people perform the two acts.

So if a man counter punching his lover is domestic violence what is it call for the woman who initiates the violence in the first place. If she knows he 200lbs of muscle why are you spitting on him, hitting him, and charging at him? Why can in a fit of rage she become uncontrollably aggressive, but he can't?

uhmm, he was the one spitting on her.
i don't know who "started it" but the video shows him to be the instigator.

RLundi
09-12-2014, 09:46 PM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/09/paul-george-ray-rice-twitter

I could be wrong, but this to me sounds like:
"Hey, lets not forget who the real enemy is. Stop attacking a "brutha" and focus on the police."

And this one just isn't english so I have no idea.

is the letter 'g' on his keyboard broken?

If you're going to critique anyone's grammar or spelling, you better make damn sure yours is pristine. It isn't. There are mistakes here.

da ThRONe
09-13-2014, 01:16 AM
uhmm, he was the one spitting on her.
i don't know who "started it" but the video shows him to be the instigator.

Honestly I couldn't really see too much from that awful feed. I only heard about the spitting and it was mentioned that it was her doing so. Also it appeared she struck first and was definitely charging when she was punched.

Vinny642
09-13-2014, 07:32 AM
LMAO PSD at its finest in this thread... SMH

Jamiecballer
09-13-2014, 10:18 PM

What facts could we possibly be missing that would make what happened any less wrong?

PurpleLynch
09-14-2014, 06:13 AM
So if a woman stabs a man and then the man knocks her out, actually how about if a woman is beating the **** out of some guy and then he knocks her out, that's a crime on him?

Actually how about this wife starts going around talking **** about him and how she can do whatever she wants cuz "he ain't man enough" to stand up for himself and then he knocks her out.

Man,what are you talking about? I can't understand how your post relates to mine. Domestic violence can involve a victim of both sexes. Said that it's well known that females are the majority of the victims,but that doesn't change the fact that domestic violence is genderless.
In this specific case Rice was a coward bastard and started the fight,raging in a animal way. He ko'd his girlfriend because she was upset at him spitting on her face. There is still a video. And using violence is this case was just plain stupid.

Zefflin
09-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Same thing as interpreting Sarah Palin's talks and non sense rants, you'd be dumber if you even try to decipher PG's or Sarah Palin's gibberish, these people are complete idiots.

raiderposting
09-14-2014, 12:53 PM
Is it really that hard to understand what he was trying to say? And his second tweet is as clear as can be. He's saying if his wife is past it and they are together and love each other then he's over it and we should be too

DemarDerozan
10-19-2014, 02:03 AM
Man **** Paul George

DemarDerozan
10-19-2014, 02:05 AM
Fake *** mother****er! Respect your women. That's the only way Brah!

IKnowHoops
10-19-2014, 07:50 AM
Is it really that hard to understand what he was trying to say? And his second tweet is as clear as can be. He's saying if his wife is past it and they are together and love each other then he's over it and we should be too

This is what I got from it.