SPURSFAN1
09-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Lol at cousins for being a crybaby.

Iversonfan4life
09-11-2014, 05:55 PM
I wanna know what that scuffle after the game was all about

Stack_NJNets
09-11-2014, 05:59 PM
And Cousins value decreases again........

sep11ie
09-11-2014, 06:04 PM
And Cousins value decreases again........

No, that was a punch for "Merica

JEDean89
09-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Man that is exactly why people didn't want him representing our country. I don't care if he's good, on the court he is always the least mature person.

Htownballa1622
09-11-2014, 06:51 PM
To be fair, Cousins held up.

Val looks like he bulked up. He did seem to throw his elbows around this game.

Also, I'm sure if every person was potentially about to get punched from behind, they'd flinch.

I'm more interested to hear about why the scuffle at the end during handshakes.

Clippersfan86
09-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Raptors fans have said Val is a no nonsense, tough as nails dude.. so I'm not surprised after the initial flinch, he stood up to Cousins. BTW I laugh at people that criticize a guy who flinches. A professional fighter is TRAINED to dodge (which is a controlled flinch) punches. It's the right move if a dude takes a swing at you. Being an idiot and standing still during a swing= knock out in an actual fight.

jaydubb
09-11-2014, 07:14 PM
He shoulda popped him :)

True Sports Fan
09-11-2014, 07:27 PM
Lol at cousins for being a crybaby.

I'd like to see how you would react after taking an elbow to the throat. That is if you aren't on the floor crying

aman_13
09-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Yeah what happened in the end when they were shaking hands?

WITZ
09-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Val learning from hansbrough how to play dirty :laugh2:

Ariza's Better
09-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Elbow was an accident. Cousins over reacted but nothing to be hung over. And I'll happily admit that if Cousins threatened me with a punch I would flinch.

kingsdelez24
09-11-2014, 07:40 PM
He ALMOST punched someone, and that makes him a bad guy? Tell me then, what does that make of the big men from the 70's, 80's, and 90's? You know, guys who actually threw punches in games

0nekhmer
09-11-2014, 09:05 PM
well good job for not actually throwing the punch. JV seems to do a lot of shoving, occasional elbows, but if ou watch his body language and position on the court, it's only for the play and nothing personal. He's a bruiser and never complains about getting hit, in fact he'd take the hit himself and know it's not personal. Cousins however, the mature experienced player he is thinks everything is personal and can't take a hit once in a while without getting upset.

NYKnickFanatic
09-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Guys just getting caught up in the moment. No one wants a elbow to the throat, it's not a good feeling.

dalton749
09-11-2014, 09:37 PM
It was more of a push for position than an elbow

FriedTofuz
09-11-2014, 10:50 PM
The real problem is Metta World Peace, he's the reason people throw elbows in basketball games :laugh2:

dalton749
09-11-2014, 11:11 PM
Raps kings start the preseason with a double header loooool

Cal827
09-11-2014, 11:42 PM
Raps kings start the preseason with a double header loooool

:laugh:

**** The Raptors-Knicks :catfight: in the other thread.

CousinsEvansDuo is going to pretty much obliterate our fanbase come October :speechless:

Sadds The Gr8
09-11-2014, 11:52 PM
Jv woulda chokeslammed that ho *****

kingsdelez24
09-12-2014, 12:13 AM
Jv woulda chokeslammed that ho *****

He'll counter it with a Boogieplex

1, 2, 3

Ding ding ding

dalton749
09-12-2014, 12:33 AM
He'll counter it with a Boogieplex

1, 2, 3

Ding ding ding

Everybody knows that the boogieplex is ineffective against those outside of North American heritage.

We clearly saw the move was stopped dead in its tracks, cuz fully intended to connect, but was unable to because of what we believe to be advanced soviet defence technology that pre dates 1992.

The only known move to be effective against this defence is the double arm takedown, twice used by physco T, and Greg steisma, now allies of valanciunas.

akesh99
09-12-2014, 12:34 AM
A bit OT but nice to see Val bulking up

clehmun
09-12-2014, 03:20 AM
Reminded me of this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxLpaifGurw
hahaha

FraziersKnicks
09-12-2014, 06:02 AM
Boogie > Val

Tumstock
09-12-2014, 07:25 AM
Boogie > Val

*shush* raps fans think Val is a future superstar!

pebloemer
09-12-2014, 08:34 AM
Boogie > Val

I don't think anyone would argue that. This is coming from a Raptor's fan. Cousins is probably the most talented C in the league. He needs to start translating that talent into some team success though.

To Cousins' great, he caught himself before he did something really stupid. He certainly was fouled and had reason to be upset. As I was watching, I thought he was about to swing. Who knows, a few years ago he may have.

deaner
09-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Bad timing for Cousins to throw a temper tantrum with the sports community so sensitive to violence right now. Closed fist is a big no no. Better get acclimated to the way Val plays. He never backs down and that style works for him. All three that went up against Val didn't have great games... And Drummond looked like a boy in the little he played.

Sly Guy
09-12-2014, 10:23 AM
lol, it's not really that bad an elbow, it just looks like big val was trying to establish post position, but his elbow was placed badly on cousins when he did. It was a foul, but not something that was gonna cause any injury of any kind on cousins. If it were a Panda's Friend style elbow (never gonna get tired of that name), then yeah, I can see a reaction like that being warranted.

ghettosean
09-12-2014, 10:55 AM
well good job for not actually throwing the punch. JV seems to do a lot of shoving, occasional elbows, but if ou watch his body language and position on the court, it's only for the play and nothing personal. He's a bruiser and never complains about getting hit, in fact he'd take the hit himself and know it's not personal. Cousins however, the mature experienced player he is thinks everything is personal and can't take a hit once in a while without getting upset.

This!

Sadds The Gr8
09-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Boogie > Val
Thanks for that brilliant analysis

diu9leilomo
09-12-2014, 11:44 AM
im raps fan and boogie IS > JV, so what? It's pretty obvious and no one would argue that. Not sure in 5 years tho

ghettosean
09-12-2014, 12:35 PM
im raps fan and boogie IS > JV, so what? It's pretty obvious and no one would argue that. Not sure in 5 years tho

Exactly but people have to say stupid things on here just because... It's PSD what do you expect.

mike_noodles
09-12-2014, 12:51 PM
*shush* raps fans think Val is a future superstar!

Talent wise Boogie may be the best C in the league. He needs to get it together between the ears and he can be a scary player.

The Captain
09-12-2014, 01:07 PM
Val was looking over his shoulder expecting (well-deserved) retaliation, he knew what he did and knew to anticipate a reaction, and he still got punked like a biotch.

I don't see how this reflects poorly on Cousins at all. If I got elbowed in the throat like that I don't know if I could have shown the same restraint. Good on him.

KingsMadness44
09-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Val was looking over his shoulder expecting (well-deserved) retaliation, he knew what he did and knew to anticipate a reaction, and he still got punked like a biotch.

I don't see how this reflects poorly on Cousins at all. If I got elbowed in the throat like that I don't know if I could have shown the same restraint. Good on him.

RIGHT!?! If this were any other player on team USA it wouldn't be a big deal. Media says Cousins has a bad attitude or immature or bad teammate and everyone just follows along because if they "experts" say it then it has to be true, right?

I Rock Shaqs
09-12-2014, 01:33 PM

Smh....

I Rock Shaqs
09-12-2014, 01:34 PM
RIGHT!?! If this were any other player on team USA it wouldn't be a big deal. Media says Cousins has a bad attitude or immature or bad teammate and everyone just follows along because if they "experts" say it then it has to be true, right?

That's the whole point everybody says this about Cousins and what does he do about it...

deaner
09-12-2014, 01:36 PM
Val owns the paint. Get out of the way or sulk at the consequences.

The Captain
09-12-2014, 01:41 PM
Smh....

If you're going to shake your head, at least shake it at the right people. Val was the instigator, after all.

KingsMadness44
09-12-2014, 01:54 PM
That's the whole point everybody says this about Cousins and what does he do about it...

Klay Thompson was actually just quoted saying how Cousins is actually the funniest guy on the team and he has everyone constantly laughing.... so when you say everyone, who are we talking about? pretty sure the people he plays with like him.

Slade123
09-12-2014, 02:00 PM

How did Val get punked like a *****? Val actually turned around and came back to face him.

bgdreton
09-12-2014, 02:25 PM
Lol the fact that people here on Psd actually think the elbow to the throat was just in the heat of battle is beyond me. Elbow to the throat is not a basketball move. It was clearly on purpose and the whole scuffle was basically a dick measuring contest. JV wanted Boogie to know I'm not afraid of you and boogie retaliated and did the same. I have no problem with either of thier actions sometimes you gotta let em know I'm here for the full 48.

The Captain
09-12-2014, 02:28 PM
How did Val get punked like a *****? Val actually turned around and came back to face him.

Val cheapshotted Cousins in the throat, then got punked (by flinching when Cousins moved to go after him), then tried to act tough and go at him.

The way people used the term "punked" in my town is probably different than how others are interpreting it here. Basically, getting "punked" was equivalent to backing down, especially when it was the initial instigator that backs down.

The Captain
09-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Lol the fact that people here on Psd actually think the elbow to the throat was just in the heat of battle is beyond me. Elbow to the throat is not a basketball move. It was clearly on purpose and the whole scuffle was basically a dick measuring contest. JV wanted Boogie to know I'm not afraid of you and boogie retaliated and did the same. I have no problem with either of thier actions sometimes you gotta let em know I'm here for the full 48.

Well said. This stuff happens all the time lol.

ManningToTyree
09-12-2014, 02:52 PM
"Nearly Punches" is a bit much and val absolutely elbowed him. Cousins is a child but this wasn't that bad

da ThRONe
09-12-2014, 03:01 PM
This is comical. Guys in the 80's & 90's fought all the time and it's the golden age of basketball. Today a guy considers punching a guy after what he felt was a cheap shot and this makes the other guy a head case. I guess Michael Jordan was a head case because he punched his own teammate?

Punk
09-12-2014, 03:41 PM
That was dirty. Cousins had every reason to punch him for it.

Everyone loves piling on him but this was a justified reaction. Everyone wants to see 80s ball but attack Cousins for not backing down. Hypocrites.

ghettosean
09-12-2014, 03:47 PM
This is comical. Guys in the 80's & 90's fought all the time and it's the golden age of basketball. Today a guy considers punching a guy after what he felt was a cheap shot and this makes the other guy a head case. I guess Michael Jordan was a head case because he punched his own teammate?

Dude Cousins is a head case not for this one action but he is just a head case everyone knows this... He may be related to Ron Artest for all we know he's just a nut I mean what else is there to say he's had this reputation for years not just after this game... lol

ghettosean
09-12-2014, 03:57 PM
Also can people stop saying 80's and 90's basketball was the age of fighting because I don't think the 80's or 90's had a bigger brawl than what happened between Indiana and Detroit at the Palace.

Lest we all forget --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVvxTQD2PrI

Just another example of a hard foul and an over reaction that turned nothing into something.

Corey
09-12-2014, 04:00 PM
PSD logic.

Cousins is a baby because he refrained from a knee-jerk reaction.

Cousins gets an elbow square in the throat, has a natural human reaction, stops himself, and he's a bad guy?

Give me a break.

People in here are calling him a head case, how old are you? God forbid a player play with an edge or a mean streak. He's a competitor. He doesn't like to lose or be shown up. Since when is that bad for a professional athlete? I'd love to play with the guy. He battles every single game.

GiantsSwaGG
09-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Val look shooked

da ThRONe
09-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Dude Cousins is a head case not for this one action but he is just a head case everyone knows this... He may be related to Ron Artest for all we know he's just a nut I mean what else is there to say he's had this reputation for years not just after this game... lol

Well if you are going to call him a head case based on this action then this is the response you get.

deaner
09-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Val look shooked

What does shooked look like?

da ThRONe
09-12-2014, 04:37 PM
LOL as I'm look on youtube for videos of old school fights soon as I type "nba old" school fights pops right up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJsFLtT3lm4

KingsMadness44
09-12-2014, 04:41 PM

since you seem to know a lot about his past and him being a "nut" or a "haeadcase" give me some examples or this behavior. Not what other people have said but actual examples.....i'll check back later

GiantsSwaGG
09-12-2014, 04:56 PM
What does shooked look like?

http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/38391700/valan.0.0_standard_400.0.png

Sly Guy
09-12-2014, 05:01 PM
it was a foul, but it wasn't dirty. If you throw an elbow with the intent to make strong and sudden impact, that's malicious intent. If it's like a shove (as was the case here) where if the elbow was placed on Cousins' chest no one would have anything to say. TBH this is just a basketball play, nothing dirty or malicious. A foul, yes, and to me Cousins looks a little childish on the reaction but even still I can understand his reaction. We're all blowing the whole thing out of proportion here.

Shlumpledink
09-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Demarcus is maturing, good sign for everybody

ghettosean
09-12-2014, 05:11 PM

since you seem to know a lot about his past and him being a "nut" or a "haeadcase" give me some examples or this behavior. Not what other people have said but actual examples.....i'll check back later

I never said i was an expert on his past just that he has had a reputation for being a head case for years fair or not it's the truth... i think he's one of the best C's in the league he just has some maturity issues but he seems to be getting better.

ghettosean
09-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Well if you are going to call him a head case based on this action then this is the response you get.

Agreed... he's not a nut for not punching someone anyone who thinks this is just over the top.

dalton749
09-12-2014, 05:16 PM
An elbow that would normally be placed on the chest went higher because he came over the top and cousins arms were going up to rebound. If you don't flinch at a punch coming from behind you're an idiot

deaner
09-12-2014, 05:31 PM
http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/38391700/valan.0.0_standard_400.0.png

I don't think you can capture shook in a still frame. Yes, this is a flinch. Live or slow mo video would suggest otherwise to your theory. I don't think a flinch out of reflex would equal shook. If Val ran away it would be a different story. He most certainly did not. In fact he continued to dominate his paint for the entire game.

IKnowHoops
09-13-2014, 01:09 AM
I don't think you can capture shook in a still frame. Yes, this is a flinch. Live or slow mo video would suggest otherwise to your theory. I don't think a flinch out of reflex would equal shook. If Val ran away it would be a different story. He most certainly did not. In fact he continued to dominate his paint for the entire game.

Possibly to strong a word. It def has to be. Did he get 15 boards? Did he get 25 points? Dominating the paint is what Shaq does. USA bigs owned the paint more than he did. I barely noticed him till Cousins flexed on him.

DemarDerozan
09-13-2014, 03:10 AM
I like JVal and all. But he had this coming. Boogie will be a top three big in the league this year...

He's playing with heart now. Not immaturity.

deaner
09-13-2014, 08:15 AM
Possibly to strong a word. It def has to be. Did he get 15 boards? Did he get 25 points? Dominating the paint is what Shaq does. USA bigs owned the paint more than he did. I barely noticed him till Cousins flexed on him.

You didn't notice it ended up taking 4 USA big men's fouls to contain JVAL?

You didn't notice JVAL getting to the line and converting a very high percentage for a big man?

You didn't notice the flaw of Lith not going inside and giving JVAL more touches?

Most did.

omdigga
09-13-2014, 09:50 AM
You didn't notice it ended up taking 4 USA big men's fouls to contain JVAL?

You didn't notice JVAL getting to the line and converting a very high percentage for a big man?

You didn't notice the flaw of Lith not going inside and giving JVAL more touches?

Most did.

I agree that JVal is no joke. I always liked his game and he is progressing really well. From what ive watched, he doesnt back down to physical/aggressive play.
However, I dont think he could dominate the bigs we have on our roster to the point that he would be the center of their offense.
The best chance Lithuania (or any team in this tournament) had of winning was getting hot from behind the arc.

Sly Guy
09-13-2014, 11:57 AM
I agree that JVal is no joke. I always liked his game and he is progressing really well. From what ive watched, he doesnt back down to physical/aggressive play.
However, I dont think he could dominate the bigs we have on our roster to the point that he would be the center of their offense.
The best chance Lithuania (or any team in this tournament) had of winning was getting hot from behind the arc.

I agree. Lith's only chance is to get hot from deep. The US simply has too many big bodies to throw at any one guy inside.

jakub
09-13-2014, 12:39 PM
I wish I was old enough to be able to watch basketball back in the days where this is considered a laugh. People calling Cousins immature because of this? He's done stupid stuff over his career, but what is wrong with this?

True Sports Fan
09-13-2014, 01:52 PM
PSD logic.

Cousins is a baby because he refrained from a knee-jerk reaction.

Cousins gets an elbow square in the throat, has a natural human reaction, stops himself, and he's a bad guy?

Give me a break.

People in here are calling him a head case, how old are you? God forbid a player play with an edge or a mean streak. He's a competitor. He doesn't like to lose or be shown up. Since when is that bad for a professional athlete? I'd love to play with the guy. He battles every single game.

BHF
09-13-2014, 02:07 PM
I am not a Serbian fan but if Cousins does that against Serbia or most of the Balkan teams the fans would stomp him.

DemarDerozan
09-13-2014, 02:10 PM
I wish I was old enough to be able to watch basketball back in the days where this is considered a laugh. People calling Cousins immature because of this? He's done stupid stuff over his career, but what is wrong with this?

It's because people love to pick at expressive players. Funny how these dudes can throw cheap shots and then cower when one of our players confronts them. **** Lithuania. Not to mention they broke our starting SFs jaw with another cheap shot. Dirty spineless players.

DemarDerozan
09-13-2014, 02:12 PM
I am not a Serbian fan but if Cousins does that against Serbia or most of the Balkan teams the fans would stomp him.

I'm sure if there was an international incident where Serbian civilians "stomped" one of our players there would be a drone missile waiting for them. Don't try to flex nuts just because a countries fanbase is uncivilized.

Clippersfan86
09-13-2014, 02:18 PM
I'm sure if there was an international incident where Serbian civilians "stomped" one of our players there would be a drone missile waiting for them. Don't try to flex nuts just because a countries fanbase is uncivilized.

LMAO stop it man. They would ban that team from tourney play, there would NEVER be a missile strike due to a riot in a basketball game.

DemarDerozan
09-13-2014, 02:22 PM
LMAO stop it man. They would ban that team from tourney play, there would NEVER be a missile strike due to a riot in a basketball game.

I was just joking. Lol. But have you ever seen Munich?
I'm pretty sure if some insignificant country stomped DRose Obama would nuke them. With his Chicago ties and affection for basketball and all.

Clippersfan86
09-13-2014, 02:26 PM
I was just joking. Lol. But have you ever seen Munich?
I'm pretty sure if some insignificant country stomped DRose Obama would nuke them. With his Chicago ties and affection for basketball and all.

Haha oh okay. I'm very sarcastic too, but it's hard to pick up over text sometimes :). LOL I can see the headlines "Obama declares war on Serbia after attack on Chicago pride and joy Derrick Rose".

DemarDerozan
09-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Haha oh okay. I'm very sarcastic too, but it's hard to pick up over text sometimes :). LOL I can see the headlines "Obama declares war on Serbia after attack on Chicago pride and joy Derrick Rose".

Severe sanctions at a minimum.

deaner
09-13-2014, 02:37 PM
It's because people love to pick at expressive players. Funny how these dudes can throw cheap shots and then cower when one of our players confronts them. **** Lithuania. Not to mention they broke our starting SFs jaw with another cheap shot. Dirty spineless players.

How do you get spineless? If anyone was spineless it was cousins for not following through. I don't know how you can extract a fake punch as toughness. Lith did not back down.

DemarDerozan
09-13-2014, 02:39 PM
How do you get spineless? If anyone was spineless it was cousins for not following through. I don't know how you can extract a fake punch as toughness. Lith did not back down.

Cheap shots are for untalented cowards. And from where I'm sitting JVal looked about as hard as Kyle Korver.

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/30246/999746.jpg

DemarDerozan
09-13-2014, 02:43 PM

If Cousins followed through he would be suspended right now. Which is most likely what Lithuania was aiming for. Can you imagine the posts on here if DMC beat Val's ***?

deaner
09-13-2014, 07:44 PM
Cheap shots are for untalented cowards. And from where I'm sitting JVal looked about as hard as Kyle Korver.

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/30246/999746.jpg

Yes they are. And cousins started to hit Val in the back of the head from behind. You really have no idea if you don't think JVAL plays tough. I would even go as far as to say clueless.

BHF
09-13-2014, 09:34 PM

:facepalm: You are right everyone outside of USA is uncivilized. You don't see these guys act tough when they play in Europe wonder why :)

IKnowHoops
09-13-2014, 10:38 PM
:facepalm: You are right everyone outside of USA is uncivilized. You don't see these guys act tough when they play in Europe wonder why :)

To be fair, he didn't even say a whole country, he was just talking about there fan base. And if there fan base condones rushing the court and stomping out players on the opposing team, then that fan base could be fairly called uncivilized.

DemarDerozan
09-13-2014, 11:17 PM
Dirty elbows piss me off. Five years ago in a rec league some punk broke my damn nose with an elbow because I was shutting him down on the glass. He was frustrated because I was out muscling him in the paint.

That's why when I see punk players on LIT or any other team throwing cheap shots I get angry.

DMC>>>>>>>>>>>> JVal and the entire Lithuanian team. And so is Rudy. They were getting upset because they just aren't as talented and started playing dirty ball.

And you're absolutely right INH... any fanbase that would rush the floor and cause serious injury to a player is behind the curb on civility. No disrespect to the nations of Serbia or Lithuania... But fans in this country respect the game and allow players to handle their business on the floor. Whether it's a pickup game or drew league or the nba finals.

GiantsSwaGG
09-13-2014, 11:26 PM
Cousins would of ****ed Val up

BHF
09-14-2014, 05:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyyYMQMPB9k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHOrpe0hn-U

Cousins would be very very quiet there.

ghettosean
09-14-2014, 10:40 AM
Dirty elbows piss me off. Five years ago in a rec league some punk broke my damn nose with an elbow because I was shutting him down on the glass. He was frustrated because I was out muscling him in the paint.

That's why when I see punk players on LIT or any other team throwing cheap shots I get angry.

DMC>>>>>>>>>>>> JVal and the entire Lithuanian team. And so is Rudy. They were getting upset because they just aren't as talented and started playing dirty ball.

And you're absolutely right INH... any fanbase that would rush the floor and cause serious injury to a player is behind the curb on civility. No disrespect to the nations of Serbia or Lithuania... But fans in this country respect the game and allow players to handle their business on the floor. Whether it's a pickup game or drew league or the nba finals.

Yep were just more civilized then the rest of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVvxTQD2PrI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

likemystylez
09-14-2014, 10:55 AM

Infairness though- this wasnt really a throw of the elbow that could break a nose. LOL it was still a little bit dirty but cousins coulda just done the same thing on the other end of the floor and not acted like a little cry baby. This sort of thing happens in the paint fighting for position all the time- not always right to the throat. but the point of the elbow to the rib cage doesnt feel great either....

likemystylez
09-14-2014, 11:11 AM
Also can people stop saying 80's and 90's basketball was the age of fighting because I don't think the 80's or 90's had a bigger brawl than what happened between Indiana and Detroit at the Palace.

Lest we all forget --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVvxTQD2PrI

Just another example of a hard foul and an over reaction that turned nothing into something.

That was mainly between the fans and the players- since the players are forced to hold off on any aggression towards each other- they have so much anger in them that they take if out ont he fans in that situation. If that were an 80s game..... they probably woulda kept playing after the foul by ron artest on ben wallace- LOL ... it might not even have been called a foul. In the 80s- that was just good defense.

Both teams would have finished the game and been pissed off at each other going into the next meeting that season- LOL thats what you want in a marquee game between two contenders.