PDA

View Full Version : 7th Annual PSD Player Rankings #7 SF In The NBA? (Volume: VII)

Mile High Champ
09-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Hey guys, It is that time of year again! Once again we kick of the PSD NBA Off-Season Player Rankings. This is the 7th year I have done this on PSD and it typically always makes for good deabte and often initates terrific discussion. Consider that when these polls first began, the likes of Baron Davis and Devin Harris were cracking these polls. Which player will you rank high this year that may get some raised eyebrows as the years pass by? Only time will tell. Please keep things civil and discuss who you feel is most fitting and deserving of being voted in each poll.

A lot has changed since last season. Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs are NBA champions for the 5th time after getting some revenge for their finals loss last season to the Heat. We could be looking at the end of the big 3 era.

Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 6 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

For a player to be eligible for this years poll, they must of played in a minimum of 10 games.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best. Though we do recognize that some voters will vote based soley on potential and others by last years numbers.

2014 Off-Season PSD SF Rankings
1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul George
5) Kawhi Leonard
6) Andre Iguodala
7)
8)
9)
10)

2013 Off-Season PSD SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Andre Iguodala
5) Paul Pierce
6) Kawhi Leonard
7) Luol Deng
8) Danilo Gallinari
9) Rudy Gay
10) Chandler Parsons

2012 Off-Season PSD SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul Pierce
5) Andre Iguodala
6) Rudy Gay
7) Luol Deng
8) Danny Granger
9) Danilo Gallinari
10) Nicolas Batum

2011 Off-Season Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul Pierce
5) Andre Iguodala
6) Danny Granger
7) Luol Deng
8) Rudy Gay
9) Gerald Wallace
10) Danilo Gallinari

2010 Off Season SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul Pierce
5) Danny Granger
6) Gerald Wallace
7) Andre Iguodala
8) Rudy Gay
9) Luol Deng
10) Ron Artest

2009 Off Season SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Carmelo Anthony
3) Kevin Durant
4) Paul Pierce
5) Danny Granger
6) Andre Iguodala
7) Caron Butler
8) Hedo Turkoglu
9) Ron Artest
10) Stephen Jackson

2008 Off-Season SF rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Paul Pierce
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Caron Butler
5) Ron Artest
6) Shawn Marion
7) Josh Smith
8) Richard Jefferson
9) Lamar Odom
10) Tayshaun Prince

FraziersKnicks
09-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Batum
Parsons
Gay
Deng/Ariza

That's how my top 10 would round out.

LTBaByyy
09-09-2014, 08:32 PM
Parsons for sure!

jimm120
09-09-2014, 09:02 PM
deng played horrible all year. No.

Ariza played very well. I'd say better than Iggy and Parsons. That said, I'd vote for him AFTER Parsons definitely.

MonroeFAN
09-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Paul Pierce.

mrblisterdundee
09-10-2014, 08:12 PM
Andre Iguodala, although great defensively is a tad but overrated in these rankings. Nicolas Batum started all 82 games, whereas Iguodala (63 games played) missed nearly a quarter of the season. How does that not subtract from his value from last season? If a guy's not playing, he's not worth anything to a team. You're basically comparing three-quarters of a season with Iguodala to an entire season with Batum.
Chandler Parsons (74 games played) was the most efficient and prolific offensively, but he's kind of soft on the other end of the court.
I'd go with Batum, Iguodala and Parsons.

nycericanguy
09-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Andre Iguodala, although great defensively is a tad but overrated in these rankings. Nicolas Batum started all 82 games, whereas Iguodala (63 games played) missed nearly a quarter of the season. How does that not subtract from his value from last season? If a guy's not playing, he's not worth anything to a team. You're basically comparing three-quarters of a season with Iguodala to an entire season with Batum.
Chandler Parsons (74 games played) was the most efficient and prolific offensively, but he's kind of soft on the other end of the court.
I'd go with Batum, Iguodala and Parsons.

agreed...

Batum should have been #6, he actually has a higher TS and eFG than Parsons, not to mention 5.1 apg and 7.5rpg from the SF position is damn impressive. As is starting all 82 games.

Iggy just has the rep, but man he averaged 9/4/4 and had a PER well below league average. You better be DPOY type defender to make up for that offense, and Iggy just isn't anymore.

mightybosstone
09-11-2014, 08:53 AM
Now this is an interesting situation. Batum and Parsons both end up with 8 votes. Now what? Do we have a second vote or can we just use all previous votes combined for those two players as the tiebreaker?

SPURSFAN1
09-11-2014, 08:59 AM
Now this is an interesting situation. Batum and Parsons both end up with 8 votes. Now what? Do we have a second vote or can we just use all previous votes combined for those two players as the tiebreaker?

Batum is clearly the better player.

SPURSFAN1
09-11-2014, 09:11 AM
Just look at their stats but they were skewed since the blazers got stomped by the spurs, so I looked at their h2h comparisons. Batum edges him out by the tiniest margin possible. Add that the blazers won the series, Batum gets the nod. Also batum is the better defender between the 2.

unleashthebeast
09-11-2014, 01:09 PM
If you need a tiebreaker, I definitely would have voted for Batum

Matter.
09-11-2014, 01:26 PM
ill vote for parsons

LTBaByyy
09-12-2014, 12:00 AM
ill vote for parsons

Second that!

LTBaByyy
09-12-2014, 12:03 AM

Parsons has more previous votes

True Rocket
09-12-2014, 03:11 PM
Batum is a better passer, rebounder and defender..they shoot the three at about the same clip. Give me Batum.

jakub
09-14-2014, 10:41 PM
Batum is a better passer, rebounder and defender..they shoot the three at about the same clip. Give me Batum.

x2

SLY WILLIAMS
09-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Gallo was nearing all star level before his knee injury. In fact a couple of guys on TNT said Gallo should have made the all star team in 2012-2013. I'm a huge Gallo fan so my opinion is biased but before the injury I think he was better than the remaining guys on the list. Is there a time that he should get some votes or does the injury take him totally out of the running?

nycericanguy
09-15-2014, 11:51 AM
Gallo was nearing all star level before his knee injury. In fact a couple of guys on TNT said Gallo should have made the all star team in 2012-2013. I'm a huge Gallo fan so my opinion is biased but before the injury I think he was better than the remaining guys on the list. Is there a time that he should get some votes or does the injury take him totally out of the running?

big Gallo fan too, but I think Parsons and Batum have surpassed him. both put up more RPG and double the APG. And even though Gallo has always been known as a great shooter, Parsons & Batum are right there when it comes to 3pt shooting.

combined with the fact that Gallo hasnt played in well over a year... there's just no way you can have him above those guys.