PDA

View Full Version : Where should Ray Allen end up?

TheNumber37
09-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Where should the greatest 3 point shooter of our time end up?
Let's assume he will sign for the vet min.

We all know that he will only sign with a team that has legit title aspirations so that excludes a few clubs.
I think his true options are the Cavs, Bulls, Clippers, Thunder, Spurs. Then there are bubble teams like the Rockets and Mavericks he could potentially over the top.

I really don't see him going to the Cavs, just cause it's Clevland. Honestly. I think he is Best suited for the Bulls, but i see him going to the Clippers cause he knows Doc and why not retire in LA? Moving from Miami to Cleveland? Sure, if you're James Jones.

BranWingss
09-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Cleveland.

PurpleLynch
09-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Spurs or Cleveland.

akesh99
09-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Bulls are the best fit but my guess is he ends up in Cleveland.

prodigy
09-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Crime and drugs are lower in Cleveland then Miami so not sure. Why u gotta insult a city for..

Cavs or he retires. Lebron, miller and Jones are his best friends lol.

smith&wesson
09-07-2014, 09:38 PM
cavs, spurs, and I wouldnt rule out the clippers

MTar786
09-07-2014, 09:44 PM
i think spurs are the best for him. but cavs, thunder, and clips would be where he is used most. i think he wouldnt put the clips over the top. but he would really make okc a big threat if he signed with them. he has a good shot with the cavs and thunder.. but i think his safest bet is with the spurs.

if i was ray and i wasnt hoping to play too much then spurs for sure.But i think the thunder suit him best

Confusious
09-07-2014, 09:52 PM
I kind of hope he stops globetrotting with the best choice and goes with a team like Chicago or OKC. Obviously those are not the teams he will choose if he decides to return, because he never exactly had the ability to put a team over the top. Instead he has to settle with going to teams that are already loaded.

Even if he ends up with the Cavaliers, I have a fairly negative opinion about him.

THE MTL
09-07-2014, 10:06 PM
I kind of hope he stops globetrotting with the best choice and goes with a team like Chicago or OKC. Obviously those are not the teams he will choose if he decides to return, because he never exactly had the ability to put a team over the top. Instead he has to settle with going to teams that are already loaded.

Even if he ends up with the Cavaliers, I have a fairly negative opinion about him.

What are u talking about. There will be no 2nd championship for miami if it wasnt for Ray. Talk about bringing a team over the top lmao.

nickdymez
09-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Crime and drugs are lower in Cleveland then Miami so not sure. Why u gotta insult a city for..

So are the women

Phantom Dreamer
09-07-2014, 10:37 PM
On a beach somewhere. He had a great career, won championships, but he's done. Saw him play in person with UConn and the Sonics. Thanks for the memories.

prodigy
09-07-2014, 10:45 PM

So are the women

He married? Lol. But Miami if u didn't know has a beach. So I would hope. But everywhere has beautiful women. Except your bed, zing!!!

TheNumber37
09-07-2014, 11:56 PM

Not trying to diss the city as a whole. I just don't see a high profile player like Allen going to a smaller market to win late in his career after winning in Boston and Miami... We know he's leaving Miami, he's leaving his front door unlocked because that's how much he cares.

I think the Spurs don't really have a need for him, keeping him away from other teams is the bigger value.
Ray would cover while Mills rehabs from surgery, but then the Guards in rotation would be:
Parker, Ginoboli, Allen, Green, Marco, Mills, Anderson, Nando...
The way the Spurs shot the ball with different guys, they don't need Allen. Better off getting an Athletic Big

I'd like Allen in A Bulls Uni, playing with Thibs. Allen could really put the Bulls over the top.

TheNumber37
09-07-2014, 11:59 PM
Actually, If I'm Ray Allen, I just wait.

At this stage in his career, he can just pick where he wants to go, whenever he wants. He can relax with family in Miami, Stay in shape and sign with NBA team in March and make their playoff Roster.
Since it's only 3 months of Basketball, he doesn't have to move his family out of Miami.

Everyone wins.

BigCityofDreams
09-08-2014, 12:30 AM
I say he ends up going to the Cavs.

Cracka2HI!
09-08-2014, 01:35 AM
I'd like to see him on the Clippers, but I think the team will use their final roster spot on a true PG. I actually think with Crawford on the roster the Clippers can afford to with just CP3 and Farmar on the roster as PG's. Hell I think Allen is a better option at PG than most anything left on the roster.

prodigy
09-08-2014, 08:13 AM

Not trying to diss the city as a whole. I just don't see a high profile player like Allen going to a smaller market to win late in his career after winning in Boston and Miami... We know he's leaving Miami, he's leaving his front door unlocked because that's how much he cares.

I think the Spurs don't really have a need for him, keeping him away from other teams is the bigger value.
Ray would cover while Mills rehabs from surgery, but then the Guards in rotation would be:
Parker, Ginoboli, Allen, Green, Marco, Mills, Anderson, Nando...
The way the Spurs shot the ball with different guys, they don't need Allen. Better off getting an Athletic Big

I'd like Allen in A Bulls Uni, playing with Thibs. Allen could really put the Bulls over the top.

Lebron, love, marion lol all came here. Why does the market size matter. He wants a ring bro. Plus Bron and love make cavs big market.

I think this is all pointless. He's going to the cavs if he don't retire. I'm not even being a Homer here, its pretty Much a done deal. No way he goes anywhere else.

TheNumber37
09-08-2014, 09:04 AM
Ray Allen likes a big role, he role will be smaller on the Cavs, then it would with the Bulls or Clippers

prodigy
09-08-2014, 11:28 AM
he told you that? lol, if ray has to play a ''big'' role that team will not win. hes 40 year old 3pt shooter. clutch yes but def cant help carry a team. He would be backup SG on cavs and maybe even start from time to time to have waiters scoring ability coming off bench.

15-20min all he should be getting.

Bostonjorge
09-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Okc would be good fit for him. Fisher played 30+ in the playoffs so Allen can take on that role.

mngopher35
09-08-2014, 02:24 PM
I think OKC or Bulls would be a good fit for him to get playing time and really help a team, maybe clips too.

I think he likely chooses Cavs or Spurs though.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Spurs or Thunder or Bulls would be the best choices.

prodigy
09-08-2014, 04:26 PM
How are bulls best choice? Lol they have more questions then cavs do.

Don't matter, he's not gonna dis lebron

Pierzynski4Prez
09-08-2014, 04:37 PM

Because he didn't "dis" PP or KG at all.

j-bay
09-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Based on the teams interested, I would like to see him go to the Wizards, but I think he goes to the Spurs. They have 5 mill available plus are the defending champs.

todu82
09-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Spurs

prodigy
09-08-2014, 11:44 PM

Because he didn't "dis" PP or KG at all.

To be honest I'm not sure what all went down with that. But from the outside looking in I thought that team was done winning. That's why Allen left. Allen made right choice.

DitchDat
09-10-2014, 05:18 AM
I know that Cleveland is probably in the lead for him, but I think he would fit in perfectly with the Spurs. Ray is a pro's pro, and I think he'd do great there in a limited role. Goes to show how highly teams think of him. LeBron wants him, Doc wants him, the Spurs and Bulls want him... He still has value.

studabaker
09-11-2014, 12:21 AM
The Shanghai Sharks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgRNoH56318

LA_Raiders
09-11-2014, 12:25 AM
Retired

mrblisterdundee
09-11-2014, 01:08 AM
Ray Allen is ageless, classy and one of the most intelligent basketball players around. He needs to hook up with his long-lost younger (by one year) brother, Tim Duncan. The Spurs are experts at managing minutes, and Allen will make them that much better at closing games. Imagine this line-up when you need to put a bullet in someone's heart:

PG: Tony Parker
SG: Ray Allen, Manu Ginobili or Marco Belinelli
SF: Marco Belinelli, Manu Ginobili, Ray Allen or Kawhi Leonard
PF: Kawhi Leonard or Boris Diaw
C: Tim Duncan

I don't think Allen will play for the spurs, though. They already have tons of shooting and closing ability. And as a smart team, will likely spend that $5 million or so on something they need more of, like youth.
Too bad San Antonio couldn't get Ed Davis when he was a free agent. They could've turned him into a stud.

FlashBolt
09-11-2014, 01:09 AM
With all due respect to the Cavs, Allen should come to OKC and team up with KD. Could use some spark on the bench and with Sefalosha/Kevin Martin gone, we still haven't filled that void up. Don't think Lamb is ready yet.

mrblisterdundee
09-11-2014, 01:15 AM
With all due respect to the Cavs, Allen should come to OKC and team up with KD. Could use some spark on the bench and with Sefalosha/Kevin Martin gone, we still haven't filled that void up. Don't think Lamb is ready yet.

This seems pretty logical. The Thunder are in need of another veteran closer, even with Durant on the team. That's why they brought Morrow in. Westbrook is too iffy from the outside. I would like this roster when I need to close something out:

PG: Russell Westbrook
SG: Ray Allen
SF: Anthony Morrow
PF: Kevin Durant
C: Serge Ibaka

zedrix
09-11-2014, 04:14 AM
What do guys think will motivate Allen not to retire?

SPURSFAN1
09-11-2014, 08:40 AM

More ring chasing? :laugh2:

prodigy
09-11-2014, 10:21 AM

His 3 best friends and a chance to win a ring. Wonder what team has that? Lol

Zefflin
09-11-2014, 11:53 AM
A title contender. Either Spurs, Miami, or Lebroving