PDA

View Full Version : Pony up Seattle

Manimal
09-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Yeah, you know what I am talking about. This one's about to go down. I'd say by 2016.

:cheers:

kingsdelez24
09-07-2014, 05:33 PM

What?

InRoseWeTrust
09-07-2014, 05:41 PM
I'm pretty sure no one knows what you're talking about.

todu82
09-07-2014, 05:49 PM
I think he might be talking about expansion. I agree I see it happening as well, think Seattle gets a franchise in the NHL as well by then too.

jbones6287
09-07-2014, 05:51 PM
Yup, definitely Seattle! Can't wait to see those potential uniforms!

Phantom Dreamer
09-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Atlanta Hawks relocation.

Thumper 88
09-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Atlanta Hawks relocation.

Yep!

JasonJohnHorn
09-08-2014, 02:37 PM
I'm pretty sure he's talking about buying and moving the Hawks.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-08-2014, 03:06 PM
I rather just have the NBA have two expansion teams. Yeah you can argue the league is totally diluted and down hill since mid 90's but oh well. NFL has 30 teams. Time to get NBA to 30. If I was Silver i'd say there will be two auctions for two expansions. Highest bidder wins a team. Crazy bid of a $1B or more per team buy in. I'm sure NBA owners will come around and enjoy the 28 way split. Besides new tv deals of more tv companies want in. So the cap is going up yearly. I'm sure players union will love 2 new teams added which secures 30 new jobs for players. Also posted this on the Bucks board.

Don Walker ‏@DonWalkerJS 30m
SportsBusiness Journal reporting NBA media rights fees could hit $2b per year. That $550m new #Bucks owners paid looks much better today.

But I don't wanna see Atlanta lose a team just so Seattle gets a team back. Yeah it will be nice to see Sonics back in action. But not at the expense of a team moving. Even if by example Seattle buys Hawks and move them. Who moves east? Grizzlies? Wolves? I'm sure tons of teams in the west would love to move to the weak east.

Phantom Dreamer
09-08-2014, 03:13 PM
The NFL has 32 teams and the NBA already has 30 teams too.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Oops. Yeah I meant 32. Guess I been playing to much Tecmo NBA basketball.

JEDean89
09-08-2014, 10:30 PM
I am for expansion but we need to wait another 5-10 years before it can go down. Seattle is obviously a place for it and Vancouver is my second bet because they already have an NBA arena and it taps into one of the largest remaining north american markets. with canadian players like wiggins, bennet, ennis, thompson, olynyk potentially boosting the interest of basketball in the country significantly. then move either the grizz or the pelicans (i think pelicans) to the east and you have two conferences of 16, which could be made into 4 divisions (winning division only guarantees playoff spot not top 4).

The league needs to be as strong in the east as it is in the west before any expansion takes place. the difference between the spurs and the 76ers is too great right now.

Jeffy25
09-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Atlanta is not losing a team

Jeffy25
09-08-2014, 10:44 PM
I am for expansion but we need to wait another 5-10 years before it can go down. Seattle is obviously a place for it and Vancouver is my second bet because they already have an NBA arena and it taps into one of the largest remaining north american markets. with canadian players like wiggins, bennet, ennis, thompson, olynyk potentially boosting the interest of basketball in the country significantly. then move either the grizz or the pelicans (i think pelicans) to the east and you have two conferences of 16, which could be made into 4 divisions (winning division only guarantees playoff spot not top 4).

The league needs to be as strong in the east as it is in the west before any expansion takes place. the difference between the spurs and the 76ers is too great right now.

two expansion teams in the same market?

BigCityofDreams
09-08-2014, 10:45 PM
Yea I don't see the Hawks moving.

Iron24th
09-09-2014, 03:12 AM
I miss the Seattle Supersonics

c.c.
09-09-2014, 03:38 AM

Houston is right up the road from New Orleans and Memphis, move us too please! J/k picture having 3 teams in the same state and one is in a different conference. If it wasn't for cities like Memphis, New Orleans, and Minneapolis that's closer east I could see all the Texas being moved. If the U.S. was cut in half, half of Texas would be East and half but West. That would strengthen up the east drastically but it won't happen. Just fantasizing

kingsdelez24
09-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Welcome to PSD, where relocating teams is apparently as simple as rearranging furniture

2-ONE-5
09-09-2014, 02:30 PM
this league doesnt need 2 expansion teams. there is already little parody to begin with

colinskik
09-09-2014, 02:40 PM
this league doesnt need 2 expansion teams. there is already little parody to begin with

Only because you're one of the more aggressive posters I see, it's parity, not parody.

Vinylman
09-09-2014, 02:47 PM
expansion is a joke in the context of the next CBA wherein it is expected the cap could go up $16 million per team yet the elite players will still be capped as a percentage of the cap....

The league needs to deal with the cap quick or when the new CBA comes out the rich will just get richer in terms of talent

The NBA is so poorly run it isn't funny... the fact that TV revenue is expanding has nothing to do with the quality of the product it has to due with a lack of content for tv.

Confusious
09-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Welcome to PSD, where relocating teams is apparently as simple as rearranging furniture
It has happened in the NHL often in the last few years. The Atlanta Trashers became the Winnipeg Jets (in the course of one year), and the Phoenix Coyotes just became the Arizona Coyotes this past year.

I'm not disagreeing with your statement, but it isn't immeasurably difficult to fathom. What IS difficult to fathom are two new expansion teams being created out of thin air. How often does THAT happen? You'd have to build your entire team on free agency? I'm excited for Seattle and potentially Las Vegas, but my god those teams would suck for the first three+ years.

JEDean89
09-09-2014, 08:40 PM
wow, what a stupid statement about relocating teams. first of all, how many times have teams relocated in nba history, dozens? second, most people are calling for expansion not relocation. the only team i believed honestly needed to be moved was sacramento because they could still root for GSW and be within an hour of their games. Obviously it's not ideal but i thought if there was one team they would be it because the nba could still easily capture the market.

mil captures wisoncsin, detroit captures mich, these are not teams to be relocated. if the nba can get the seattle and vancouver markets then they get the 2 biggest remaining markets in US/Canada.

GiantsSwaGG
09-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Why would the hawks move?

*Silver&Black*
09-09-2014, 09:35 PM
Yeah, move the team with the longest streak of East playoff appearances........to the West.

Atlanta just needs a star to get those bandwagon fans to come, like all the other successful franchises.

True Sports Fan
09-09-2014, 09:57 PM
wow, what a stupid statement about relocating teams. first of all, how many times have teams relocated in nba history, dozens? second, most people are calling for expansion not relocation. the only team i believed honestly needed to be moved was sacramento because they could still root for GSW and be within an hour of their games. Obviously it's not ideal but i thought if there was one team they would be it because the nba could still easily capture the market.

mil captures wisoncsin, detroit captures mich, these are not teams to be relocated. if the nba can get the seattle and vancouver markets then they get the 2 biggest remaining markets in US/Canada.

And Knicks can relocate. Don't worry though, Knicks fans can cheer for the Nets because it's close.

(Obviously Knicks aren't going to relocate because of how big their market is)

Tony_Starks
09-09-2014, 11:39 PM
Didn't we just go through this when the Clippers got sold?

Look Seattle will get a team eventually but it won't be through relocation, rather expansion...

FlashBolt
09-10-2014, 01:51 AM
Seattle is one of the best cities in America and is growing steadily. This is the NEW spot. Any investor should seriously pursue this.

2-ONE-5
09-10-2014, 08:44 AM
Only because you're one of the more aggressive posters I see, it's parity, not parody.

hahaha touche

JEDean89
09-10-2014, 05:39 PM
And Knicks can relocate. Don't worry though, Knicks fans can cheer for the Nets because it's close.

(Obviously Knicks aren't going to relocate because of how big their market is)

did you just attempt to make a point, but then make a point about how your point is invalid?