PDA

View Full Version : Is Bledsoe going to end up playing with Lebron by next season?

IKnowHoops
09-06-2014, 09:07 PM
Just a pic but, you know how Bron gets down...

http://instagram.com/p/snpJ-OiTOy/

goingfor28
09-06-2014, 09:08 PM
No

smith&wesson
09-06-2014, 09:31 PM
yes.. its better than taking a qualifying offer with the suns who have 3 combo gaurds already.

Bruno
09-06-2014, 09:45 PM
Jalen Rose discussed a Bledsoe for Kyrie trade on yesterdays video cast. Bledsoe has the same agent as LBJ and the Suns have a lot of assets. look for a Bledsoe/assets deal for Kyrie this season.

IKnowHoops
09-06-2014, 10:31 PM
Jalen Rose discussed a Bledsoe for Kyrie trade on yesterdays video cast. Bledsoe has the same agent as LBJ and the Suns have a lot of assets. look for a Bledsoe/assets deal for Kyrie this season.

Bledsoe/Morris Twins/Gerald Green for Kyrie/Trash?

Bruno
09-06-2014, 10:36 PM

i'd think picks from phoenix to Cleveland.

IKnowHoops
09-06-2014, 10:37 PM

I know that a BS trade, and most likely neither fan base would do this, but this trade would put the Cavs depth in a very nice spot.

IKnowHoops
09-06-2014, 10:46 PM
i'd think picks from phoenix to Cleveland. Thats a very interesting trade...speaking of Kyrie for Bledsoe in any shape or form. I like Kyrie a lot, but based on the trouble Bledsoe is giving the suns, Cleveland may be able to get him for a steal even if Kyrie is part of the deal. Between Bledsoe, draft picks, and players, phoenix has enough to compensate Cleveland far enough on the plus side to make that trade. I wonder if they can get Bledsoe without giving up Kyrie. That would be really taking advantage of the situation. Not sure what the qualifying offer is to Bledsoe, but say its like 5 mill, then couldn't the Cavs send over 5 mill in salaries, one being the Haywood contract that turns into 10 mill. That could entice phx to make that trade.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-06-2014, 11:28 PM
Why would Phoenix want a PG back if trading Bledsoe?

Bruno
09-06-2014, 11:35 PM
Why would Phoenix want a PG back if trading Bledsoe?

Dragic has a player option for 2015-2016 and Irving just signed a five year extension. Phoenix won't get a player of Irving caliber in free agency, this is their chance to lock up a top player for five years in a phoenix uniform. they can move thomas if they want, and if Dragic resigns they can play him at SG.

Bruno
09-06-2014, 11:39 PM
Thats a very interesting trade...speaking of Kyrie for Bledsoe in any shape or form. I like Kyrie a lot, but based on the trouble Bledsoe is giving the suns, Cleveland may be able to get him for a steal even if Kyrie is part of the deal. Between Bledsoe, draft picks, and players, phoenix has enough to compensate Cleveland far enough on the plus side to make that trade. I wonder if they can get Bledsoe without giving up Kyrie. That would be really taking advantage of the situation. Not sure what the qualifying offer is to Bledsoe, but say its like 5 mill, then couldn't the Cavs send over 5 mill in salaries, one being the Haywood contract that turns into 10 mill. That could entice phx to make that trade.

I'd be surprised.

xxplayerxx23
09-06-2014, 11:43 PM
Good luck

FlashBolt
09-07-2014, 12:30 AM
Why would Cleveland sign Kyrie to that contract? Don't think Bled is coming to Cleveland.. Would be crazy, though. I'd still take Kyrie.

Dade County
09-07-2014, 12:37 AM
NBA = Entertainment

Cohiba
09-07-2014, 12:41 AM
Isn't Bledsoe's agent Lebron's buddy or something, heck it's probably that guy in the pic lol.

I don't see it, Bledsoe is headed for free agency because he wants his max deal.

I'd keep Irving and teach him how to play D.

Raps18-19 Champ
09-07-2014, 12:48 AM
The guy is asking for a max. Cavs can't offer that without trading Irving, which would be pretty stupid. Irving is perfect for Lebron.

Bruno
09-07-2014, 12:57 AM
The guy is asking for a max. Cavs can't offer that without trading Irving, which would be pretty stupid. Irving is perfect for Lebron.
on offense. who's going to match up with the leagues best PGs as LBJ ages and can't take on main defensive assignments? If Cleveland can get a couple firsts out of Phoenix along with Bledsoe I think this goes down.

this is rich paul were talking about.

Bruno
09-07-2014, 12:57 AM
Isn't Bledsoe's agent Lebron's buddy or something, heck it's probably that guy in the pic lol.

I don't see it, Bledsoe is headed for free agency because he wants his max deal.

I'd keep Irving and teach him how to play D.

Bledsoe and LBJ are both represented by rich paul.

Bruno
09-07-2014, 12:58 AM
Why would Cleveland sign Kyrie to that contract? Don't think Bled is coming to Cleveland.. Would be crazy, though. I'd still take Kyrie.

opposed to letting him walk for nothing? it made all the sense to sign him up long term. now they can keep him or trade him for other assets.

Duncan = Donkey
09-07-2014, 01:35 AM

Lol, phx are not giving up all that for Irving. We have dragic who is better and Thomas who has similar production for far less money.

Jeffy25
09-07-2014, 01:40 AM

I don't think that helps the Cavs

SoCal Bob
09-07-2014, 01:48 AM

You mean trade a very likely top 5 player in the league someday for a SG in a PG body with knee injury history and who not one team gave an offer sheet even tho he's a restricted FA and the Suns likely wouldn't match ?

Bruno
09-07-2014, 02:05 AM
I don't think that helps the Cavs

not on offense. does the team need more offense though? a defensive ace at the PG position is probably an attractive idea to the Cavs FO.

You mean trade a very likely top 5 player in the league someday for a SG in a PG body with knee injury history and who not one team gave an offer sheet even tho he's a restricted FA and the Suns likely wouldn't match ?

based off what?

you're ignoring Kyries injury history.

this is about Rich Paul fixing a blunder. he has an opportunity to get Cleveland their defensive PG, and first round draft picks. he has an opportunity to get Phoenix a big name, something they can't land in FA.

Bruno
09-07-2014, 02:06 AM
i think you guys are missing the Rich Paul connection in all of this. thats what this trade idea is about. obviously its a bizarre idea when you ignore that element. this is political.

IKnowHoops
09-07-2014, 02:21 AM

!00% agree

IKnowHoops
09-07-2014, 02:28 AM
If I'm cleveland I wait till he hits free agency next year and add him to the roster if he's had an injury free year. I'd bring him on with Kyrie.

FlashBolt
09-07-2014, 02:58 AM
opposed to letting him walk for nothing? it made all the sense to sign him up long term. now they can keep him or trade him for other assets.

Or they could have just let him go and sign Bled? Irving is better than Bled, though.

c.c.
09-07-2014, 03:20 AM
not on offense. does the team need more offense though? a defensive ace at the PG position is probably an attractive idea to the Cavs FO.

based off what?

you're ignoring Kyries injury history.

this is about Rich Paul fixing a blunder. he has an opportunity to get Cleveland their defensive PG, and first round draft picks. he has an opportunity to get Phoenix a big name, something they can't land in FA.

If the Cavs wanted a "defensive ace" so bad they would of made some offers to Rondo. I'm 100% sure that the Cavs are not interested in trading Kyrie for Bledsoe!

beasted86
09-07-2014, 06:20 AM
If I'm cleveland I wait till he hits free agency next year and add him to the roster if he's had an injury free year. I'd bring him on with Kyrie.

There is a salary cap in the NBA.

xxplayerxx23
09-07-2014, 06:55 AM
Kyrie> Bledsoe

IKnowHoops
09-07-2014, 01:50 PM
There is a salary cap in the NBA.

I think Bledsoe's max talk is just to stifle talks in PHX. No team will pay bledsoe a max contract, so he's not going to get a max. He and cleveland would probably be able to work something out around 10-12 mill a year, about what clevelan has expiring in contracts next year.

IKnowHoops
09-07-2014, 01:51 PM
I think Bledsoe's max talk is just to stifle talks in PHX. No team will pay bledsoe a max contract, so he's not going to get a max. He and cleveland would probably be able to work something out around 10-12 mill a year, about what clevelan has expiring in contracts next year.

Mind you that I don't think any of this will happen.

Clippersfan86
09-07-2014, 01:56 PM
I DO believe a Bledsoe/Lebron combo would be far more balanced than Lebron/Irving. Bledsoe isn't as good of a shooter, but he's adequate. Thing is his defense on the perimeter will fuel fastbreaks for Lebron and will also be good because the team already is pretty loaded offensively, but needs more D stoppers.

IKnowHoops
09-07-2014, 04:21 PM
I DO believe a Bledsoe/Lebron combo would be far more balanced than Lebron/Irving. Bledsoe isn't as good of a shooter, but he's adequate. Thing is his defense on the perimeter will fuel fastbreaks for Lebron and will also be good because the team already is pretty loaded offensively, but needs more D stoppers.

I don't think Bledsoe is a better fit than Irving with Lebron. Irving IMO is the most skilled player in the NBA. But I do love Bledsoe, and he would work very well with Lebron for the reasons you said. He's a pit bull. But just as important would be the extra pieces the Cavs would get back in a trade with PHX. It would have to be a pretty big asset/player hoard for me to want to make that deal if Im clevelands front office.

smith&wesson
09-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Irving is not getting traded for Bledsoe. Phx has 0 leverage in this situation. Either they lose Bledsoe for nothing or trade him and get something in return.

This puts Cleveland at an advantage in negotiations. If another team gives PHX a better offer, Bledsoe can refuse the sign and trade. If Bledsoe Likes the Idea of playing with lebron and contending for a championship he will agree to a s&t to the cavs. That means the cavs can offer Waiters and a pick for Bledsoe...

this only happens though if Bledsoe agrees to take a significant pay cut. The idea of being a starting 2 gaurd between irving and lebron may just convince Bledsoe to go ahead and take that pay cut for an opportunity to win. He is young, he can always get his pay day in a couple seasons down the road.

Irving-Dellavedova
Bledsoe-Miller
Lebron- Jones
Love-Thompson
varajao-Haywood

smith&wesson
09-07-2014, 04:52 PM
I don't think Bledsoe is a better fit than Irving with Lebron. Irving IMO is the most skilled player in the NBA. But I do love Bledsoe, and he would work very well with Lebron for the reasons you said. He's a pit bull. But just as important would be the extra pieces the Cavs would get back in a trade with PHX. It would have to be a pretty big asset/player hoard for me to want to make that deal if Im clevelands front office.

someone started the notion that beldsoe would be traded for irving simply because lebron and bledsoe have the same agent. if anything lebron and bledsoe having the same agent gives the cavs some leverage in trying to attain bledsoe with out giving up one of their big three.

irving for bledsoe would be a dream come true for phx. imagine coming out of this mess with the best player in the trade :confused: phx has 0 leverage and that would never ever happen.

if anything phx will continue to get low ball offers for bledsoe... all bledsoe has to do is block trades to other teams by saying he wont commit to them. Phx will be cornered in taking the package from cleveland or their other option would be to hold on to bledsoe and lose that assett for nothing. If you ask me Id rather take waiters than nothing. specially seeing how PHX has 3 combo gaurds already, they may want to trade bledsoe for a true sg like waiters.

IKnowHoops
09-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Irving is not getting traded for Bledsoe. Phx has 0 leverage in this situation. Either they lose Bledsoe for nothing or trade him and get something in return.

This puts Cleveland at an advantage in negotiations. If another team gives PHX a better offer, Bledsoe can refuse the sign and trade. If Bledsoe Likes the Idea of playing with lebron and contending for a championship he will agree to a s&t to the cavs. That means the cavs can offer Waiters and a pick for Bledsoe...

this only happens though if Bledsoe agrees to take a significant pay cut. The idea of being a starting 2 gaurd between irving and lebron may just convince Bledsoe to go ahead and take that pay cut for an opportunity to win. He is young, he can always get his pay day in a couple seasons down the road.

Irving-Dellavedova
Bledsoe-Miller
Lebron- Jones
Love-Thompson
varajao-Haywood

I really don't think its worth it for Cleveland. Waiters is a nice young prospect who I believe will take a leap this year. Bledsoe is also a nice young prospect who has had knee issues. Then you want to give away a pick too? Im not for that. Any trade that I do if I am the Cavs, comes back with more high quality depth and or more high quality assets. As well as filling the hole I just created when I traded away a starter.

I'd actually rather just not make any trades and try to acquire a player like bledsoe in free agency. They have a great core. At this point trading position for position for anything other than center is going to be at best a lateral move. Adding a player like Bledsoe to this team will just bring the depth to a championship level (if it isn't there already).

IKnowHoops
09-07-2014, 05:08 PM
someone started the notion that beldsoe would be traded for irving simply because lebron and bledsoe have the same agent. if anything lebron and bledsoe having the same agent gives the cavs some leverage in trying to attain bledsoe with out giving up one of their big three.

irving for bledsoe would be a dream come true for phx. imagine coming out of this mess with the best player in the trade :confused: phx has 0 leverage and that would never ever happen.

if anything phx will continue to get low ball offers for bledsoe... all bledsoe has to do is block trades to other teams by saying he wont commit to them. Phx will be cornered in taking the package from cleveland or their other option would be to hold on to bledsoe and lose that assett for nothing. If you ask me Id rather take waiters than nothing. specially seeing how PHX has 3 combo gaurds already, they may want to trade bledsoe for a true sg like waiters.

I wouldn't want to trade him for waiters either though. I'd trade him for expirings (if possible) or just sign him when he becomes a free agent.

smith&wesson
09-07-2014, 05:27 PM
I really don't think its worth it for Cleveland. Waiters is a nice young prospect who I believe will take a leap this year. Bledsoe is also a nice young prospect who has had knee issues. Then you want to give away a pick too? Im not for that. Any trade that I do if I am the Cavs, comes back with more high quality depth and or more high quality assets. As well as filling the hole I just created when I traded away a starter.

I'd actually rather just not make any trades and try to acquire a player like bledsoe in free agency. They have a great core. At this point trading position for position for anything other than center is going to be at best a lateral move. Adding a player like Bledsoe to this team will just bring the depth to a championship level (if it isn't there already).

Clevelands pick wont be worth much, they will surely be a 1st or 2nd seed...

bledsoe>waiters. Bledsoe gives cleveland some added defence in their starting rotation which they lack and surely need.

Clippersfan86
09-07-2014, 05:28 PM
I agree with you guys that Phoenix has zero leverage and it would never happen. Just for NBA 2K purposes and hypothetical... Bledsoe is a better fit on paper.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-08-2014, 03:46 PM
Suns might not have leverage. But they wont take dead weight players for sake of helping LeBron win more games either. Bledsoe can take QO and have the no trade clause. But if he gets injured. He wont get the 5/$80M max anywhere. Also taking the QO he loses bird rights for five year payday.

IKnowHoops
09-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Suns might not have leverage. But they wont take dead weight players for sake of helping LeBron win more games either. Bledsoe can take QO and have the no trade clause. But if he gets injured. He wont get the 5/$80M max anywhere. Also taking the QO he loses bird rights for five year payday.

Expirings with a 1st round draft pick wouldn't be dead weight.

THE MTL
09-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Dont know if cleveland does it. But I would do Bledsoe for Kyrie Irving if I was Phoenix.

Bledsoe is an overrated SOB and needs to get exposed

Bruno
09-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Or they could have just let him go and sign Bled? Irving is better than Bled, though.

why do that when they can sign Kyrie, and trade him for Bledsoe and other assets? Irving is worth more to them then signing Bledsoe outright could have been. this is about collecting assets.

Bruno
09-08-2014, 06:41 PM
If the Cavs wanted a "defensive ace" so bad they would of made some offers to Rondo. I'm 100% sure that the Cavs are not interested in trading Kyrie for Bledsoe!

how do you know they haven't?

rondos older then bledsoe.

nickdymez
09-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Another thread to try and figure out how the NBA can make life easier for LeBron

beasted86
09-08-2014, 06:59 PM

Between LeBron, Love, Irving, and Waiters the cap is full with just those 4 players. I don't know who has been telling you otherwise... Even if the Cavs let Varejao walk and renounced Tristan, they still wouldn't have cap space.

If he's an UFA, why would he be trying to work a trade after the season ends rather than during the coming season? Your hypothetical makes no sense in that regard. What would the Cavs have in the summer time that they won't have available to trade during the season?

IKnowHoops
09-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Between LeBron, Love, Irving, and Waiters the cap is full with just those 4 players. I don't know who has been telling you otherwise... Even if the Cavs let Varejao walk and renounced Tristan, they still wouldn't have cap space.

If he's an UFA, why would he be trying to work a trade after the season ends rather than during the coming season? Your hypothetical makes no sense in that regard. What would the Cavs have in the summer time that they won't have available to trade during the season?

During the season, Brendon Haywood is on a 2-3 million dollar contract. During the summer time that contract turns into a 10-11 millions dollar expiring contract.

beasted86
09-08-2014, 10:20 PM
During the season, Brendon Haywood is on a 2-3 million dollar contract. During the summer time that contract turns into a 10-11 millions dollar expiring contract.
Do the Suns have some sort of bad contract they are trying to get rid of that I don't know about? Goran Dragic is the highest paid player at $7M.

If a deal is to be made with the Cavs, now is the time while Bledsoe only makes $4M on the qualifying offer and its easy to match salaries (if that's what he eventually signs). Not next summer in some elaborate 3 team deal. I also think the there's no way he or his agent wait around for the market to dry up for a 2nd summer in a row waiting for a 3 team deal to unfold.

Arch Stanton
09-08-2014, 10:45 PM
Don't buy it. Cavs aren't trading Kyrie for Bledsoe because LeBron was in a picture with Bledsoe. Man, I can't wait until the season starts. Some of these threads are really funny.

Arch Stanton
09-08-2014, 10:51 PM
Damon Jones was spotted playing basketball in LeBrons camp in Vegas. Does that mean he's returning to the NBA to play for the Cavs? Let's start a new thread to discuss.

IKnowHoops
09-09-2014, 03:51 AM
Damon Jones was spotted playing basketball in LeBrons camp in Vegas. Does that mean he's returning to the NBA to play for the Cavs? Let's start a new thread to discuss.

Absolutely!!!!!!:drool: