PDA

View Full Version : Top whiners in NBA History!!!

HeatFan
09-06-2014, 05:00 PM
I was talking to a buddy and we were poking fun at all the cry-baby superstars in the NBA. One thing led to another and the list is pretty deep. I laughed remembering some of the most crybaby moments.

I think that in terms of whiners in the NBA, based on my limited knowledge, I'd say the list has to include:
Glen Davis
Rasheed Wallace
Lebron James
Tim Duncan (yes Tim Duncan)

Who else you got?

mightybosstone
09-06-2014, 05:12 PM
This is going to go well....

kobe4thewinbang
09-06-2014, 05:14 PM
LeBron easily. How many times has he made this face after not getting a call?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dUnL3R0dsqk/UNSN3xdQI5I/AAAAAAAANnw/vMoujMGN4Dw/s1600/106812553_crop_650x440.jpg

Admittedly, Kobe is one of the biggest criers too. Westbrook overreacts too, same for Kevin Love and DeMarcus Cousins.

HeatFan
09-06-2014, 05:18 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dUnL3R0dsqk/UNSN3xdQI5I/AAAAAAAANnw/vMoujMGN4Dw/s1600/106812553_crop_650x440.jpg

Admittedly, Kobe is one of the biggest criers too. Westbrook overreacts too, same for Kevin Love and DeMarcus Cousins.

That is 100% true. Puts the same face every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUgrUxgYR0k

I found this link to a Rasheed Wallace temper tantrum.

5ass
09-06-2014, 05:24 PM
Kobe fans

Dade County
09-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Jordan
Kobe

DoMeFavors
09-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Blake is probably the biggest in NBA, if someone fouls him he will act like he was hit by a train and then if its not a flagerant he will cry and complain.

Hotone1401
09-06-2014, 06:15 PM
D-Wade has to be at the top of the list for sure.

Shawn Kemp40
09-06-2014, 06:28 PM
lebrat james and dwyane wade, although he never had a whine because he got every call he wanted.
k. durant is a punk too.

Those are really about the only 3 in NBA history.

Shawn Kemp40
09-06-2014, 06:30 PM
Oh yah, david whiner west and chris whiner paul are too.

bucketss
09-06-2014, 06:31 PM
how is kobe and wade not on this list?.

btw i don't think duncan should be up there.

Master Mind
09-06-2014, 06:41 PM
All. Of. Them!

Munkeysuit
09-06-2014, 06:42 PM
I am shocked you put Lebron James on this list (im not being a biased fan) this is totally ridiculous! whiner? hahaha thats super funny broski, what next? Lebron is a terrible chess player and cook? get off it already!

Shawn Kemp40
09-06-2014, 06:43 PM
how is kobe and wade not on this list?.

btw i don't think duncan should be up there.

yeah, I don't think Duncan should be anywhere on this list.

ewing
09-06-2014, 06:49 PM
danny ainge and reggie miller

Arch Stanton
09-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Wade

Munkeysuit
09-06-2014, 06:57 PM
The most whiniest basketball player is Glen Davis by far! the least Whiniest is Blake Griffin

ManRam
09-06-2014, 07:13 PM
There's no way to pick one without letting your biases take over. Most of the stars are great whiners...and they almost all do it with equal frequency.

ThuglifeJ
09-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Ah there's a LOT

Initially I think of CHRIS PAUL, DWIGHT HOWARD, LEBRON, WADE, KOBE

I capped locked those cuz everyone should be aware of there constant tantrums.. Otherwise your blind. Haren, Westbrook, Durant, Griffin, Kevin Love, Perkins(if he matters) whine in their own ways a lot too.

To clear biases, Vince and Tmac were babies In the past about injuries..but not bad about refs, etc.

But Vince leads his team every year in charges drawn now and plays all 82 games so I think that's behind him.

jaydubb
09-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Lebron
Wade
Harden
Kobe
Blake
Durant

Actually a lot of the big name guys

lamzoka
09-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Lebron
Kobe
Dwade

JPS
09-06-2014, 10:27 PM
Ainge, Lambier, along with most star wings and guards.

HeatFan
09-06-2014, 11:14 PM
yeah, I don't think Duncan should be anywhere on this list.

Duncan maybe is not a total whiner but he does have this face that he puts looking at the refs almost everytime they call a foul on him. Almost like he is in shock that a foul was called in him. Does it very consistently.

Type in "Duncan Complaining" in google and see the images. Hundreds of pics with the same face/hand gestures. Drives me crazy.

JLynn943
09-06-2014, 11:21 PM
Duncan maybe is not a total whiner but he does have this face that he puts looking at the refs almost everytime they call a foul on him. Almost like he is in shock that a foul was called in him. Does it very consistently.

Type in "Duncan Complaining" in google and see the images. Hundreds of pics with the same face/hand gestures. Drives me crazy.

Without looking, I'm assuming you mean when he goes all bug eyed and looks in total disbelief. Definitely a whiny player.

Really though, there are a ton of them. As a Kings fan, I wish Cousins would quit whining and focus on the game.

HeatFan
09-06-2014, 11:21 PM
Good point about the injury whiners. I agree Vince has but that behind him. Kind of like seeing Lebron really over act injuries. Part of the reason I admire people like Ginobili is their drama free approach.

HeatFan
09-06-2014, 11:22 PM
Dude you described it perfectly!!

HeatFan
09-06-2014, 11:23 PM
Without looking, I'm assuming you mean when he goes all bug eyed and looks in total disbelief. Definitely a whiny player.

Really though, there are a ton of them. As a Kings fan, I wish Cousins would quit whining and focus on the game.

Funny and accurate description of Duncan.

HeatFan
09-06-2014, 11:26 PM
I am shocked you put Lebron James on this list (im not being a biased fan) this is totally ridiculous! whiner? hahaha thats super funny broski, what next? Lebron is a terrible chess player and cook? get off it already!

Really? I am a Lebron fan but you have to admit this one.

b_russ
09-06-2014, 11:47 PM
Duncan's reaction to being on this list. (http://i.imgur.com/QbbZU0u.jpg)

cmellofan15
09-07-2014, 12:00 AM
they're NBA players. they get paid to whine.

HeatFan
09-07-2014, 12:11 AM
Duncan's reaction to being on this list. (http://i.imgur.com/QbbZU0u.jpg)

Good one!!

HandsOnTheWheel
09-07-2014, 12:18 AM
I have to go with Wade. He's been my favorite player since his rookie year but his complaining really irks me.

Pretty much any superstar/player who feels entitled to getting fouls called in their favor, does this thread apply to.

WadeKobe
09-07-2014, 01:15 AM
How are people seriously saying no to Duncan? He might be the single biggest whiner of all time.

Duncan
Rasheed
Reggie Miller
Vlade
Kobe/Lebron/Wade

WadeKobe
09-07-2014, 01:18 AM
I have to go with Wade. He's been my favorite player since his rookie year but his complaining really irks me.

Pretty much any superstar/player who feels entitled to getting fouls called in their favor, does this thread apply to.

Wade isn't as bad as the guys I have ahead of him, and probably doesn't even whine as much as Lebron or Kobe. What Wade does that pisses me off is he whines while the play is still active. Kobe and Lebron no doubt whine more, but usually they play it out until the whistle blows then throw a hissy fit.

Wade will stay on the wrong end of the court whining while the defense takes the rebound of his idiotic shot down the court for an easy open shot. I hate it. Always have.

WadeKobe
09-07-2014, 01:23 AM
Good point about the injury whiners. I agree Vince has but that behind him. Kind of like seeing Lebron really over act injuries. Part of the reason I admire people like Ginobili is their drama free approach.

Drama free????

Come on. Ginobili is probably the greatest flipper of all time, and has been known to throw a fit or two when it didn't work out for him.

What irks me out the flopping talk is that it's always LeBron who gets best up. But the context is always ignored.

Arvidas Sabonis and Vlade Divac brought the soccer/euro flopping with them into the NBA. It worked to a degree. Manu and Parker really brought it to a new level and did it on a championship team. It then spread like wild fire. It worked.

CityofChaos
09-07-2014, 01:24 AM
Stephen Jackson has to be on that list hands down. I remember going to a CLE vs GSW game when he was on the Warriors and him complaining about not getting a foul call so instead of running back on defense after missing his shot Lebron dribbles down the court and drains a wide open 3. SMH. I swear he would get a technical almost every game in 08-09 lmfao

kylem4711
09-07-2014, 03:16 AM
kobe. all he does it yell A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Confusious
09-07-2014, 03:40 AM
Oh **** off. Everybody that watches even a game will see at least one call in which LeBron will whine about a call. That's not even a bad thing. A TON of the top athletes do it. Jordan did it. Kobe does it (worse than LeBron). Hell, even the top hockey players have been known for it. Sidney Crosby is the biggest whiner in professional sports. Even Wayne Gretzky whined a little.

You prove your own stupidity and ignorance by blindly denying to see that LeBron doesn't do it. But let's not pretend that the best of the best haven't been known to do it too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVut91O1m08

This is a video of Bron whining about fouls AFTER the game. I mean, what more can anybody say to you without realizing that there isn't anything between your ears?

Clippersfan86
09-07-2014, 06:02 AM
James HAREN

c.c.
09-07-2014, 08:24 AM
Kobe when he started wearing number 24

kdspurman
09-07-2014, 11:34 AM
How are people seriously saying no to Duncan? He might be the single biggest whiner of all time.

Duncan
Rasheed
Reggie Miller
Vlade
Kobe/Lebron/Wade

Duncan definitely does give "the look" a lot, but he is far from the biggest whiner of all time. There's a difference between giving the "i didn't do anything look" to constantly whining/complaining to the refs IMO. There are guys who complain and whine far more than Timmy does. Of course he does his fair share like all star players do, but not the most ever

WadeKobe
09-07-2014, 12:14 PM
Duncan definitely does give "the look" a lot, but he is far from the biggest whiner of all time. There's a difference between giving the "i didn't do anything look" to constantly whining/complaining to the refs IMO. There are guys who complain and whine far more than Timmy does. Of course he does his fair share like all star players do, but not the most ever

Agree to disagree. I cannot think of any player I have seen whine more my entire lifetime of watching basketball (1989).

ManRam
09-07-2014, 12:19 PM

I definitely don't agree. He's up there with everyone else. I don't like singling one guy out more than the rest, because so many people do it, but he's certainly right there. He reacts to everything.

WadeKobe
09-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Agree to disagree. I cannot think of any player I have seen whine more my entire lifetime of watching basketball (1989).

And just to be clear, I am not hating on him at all. I included my favorite player of all time on the list (Wade), and I comfortably have Duncan at the 5/6 spot all-time with Bird, just ahead of Shaq. The guy just complains every single time he is called for a foul. Every time. Without exception.

kdspurman
09-07-2014, 03:02 PM
I definitely don't agree. He's up there with everyone else. I don't like singling one guy out more than the rest, because so many people do it, but he's certainly right there. He reacts to everything.

He doesn't react to everything. There are many times he raises his hand acknowledging he fouled someone too (just to get nit picky ;) )

I just disagree that he is the biggest whiner in the history of all time which is what was said. I mean guys like Reggie & Sheed whined far more

kdspurman
09-07-2014, 03:05 PM
And just to be clear, I am not hating on him at all. I included my favorite player of all time on the list (Wade), and I comfortably have Duncan at the 5/6 spot all-time with Bird, just ahead of Shaq. The guy just complains every single time he is called for a foul. Every time. Without exception.

Well i can tell you for sure that's not true :) This is coming from someone who watches every Spurs possession lol. He does his fair share, but to say he does it every time without exception is just not true. I know he does it often, but in reality, it's usually only a few times a game.

BALLER R
09-07-2014, 04:17 PM
You have duncan on any list about whining before wade, lebron or even reggie miller your opinion becomes invalid to me because there is a big difference between duncan giving refs a look and these guys being animated.

kdspurman
09-07-2014, 04:21 PM
You have duncan on any list about whining before wade, lebron or even reggie miller your opinion becomes invalid to me because there is a big difference between duncan giving refs a look and these guys being animated.

Which were my exact thoughts as well.

meloman1592
09-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Not gonna do the whole history thing, but currently
Wade
Bron
Kd
Duncan (he doesn't whine, he just doesn't think he makes mistakes)
Westbrook (again not a whiner, but overreacts to non calls he thinks he should have do to aggressiveness)
Felton

Lakers + Giants
09-07-2014, 06:11 PM
every star *****es when they dont get a superstar call.

Hotone1401
09-07-2014, 07:20 PM
every star *****es when they dont get a superstar call.

Yes that is true, but Wade is the biggest cry baby/whiner of them all.

WadeKobe
09-07-2014, 07:26 PM

He gets animated and talks to the refs all the time. You're a joker if you think all he does is give a look and call it quits.

WadeKobe
09-07-2014, 07:28 PM
Yes that is true, but Wade is the biggest cry baby/whiner of them all.

Coming from someone who watches the Heat all the time, this is really being over exaggerated. He doesn't complain often. But when he does, he is a really big annoying ***** about it. That's why it sticks in people's heads. But he doesn't actually do it as often as people are making it out to be.

Kashmir13579
09-08-2014, 03:08 AM
Tim Duncan
Lebron
Tyson Chandler

HeatFan
09-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Drama free????

Come on. Ginobili is probably the greatest flipper of all time, and has been known to throw a fit or two when it didn't work out for him.

What irks me out the flopping talk is that it's always LeBron who gets best up. But the context is always ignored.

Arvidas Sabonis and Vlade Divac brought the soccer/euro flopping with them into the NBA. It worked to a degree. Manu and Parker really brought it to a new level and did it on a championship team. It then spread like wild fire. It worked.

Should have clarified. What I mean by Ginobili being drama-free is when it comes to injuries. The guy has played with a crooked nose.

YAALREADYKNO
09-09-2014, 04:05 PM
cp3

Tony_Starks
09-09-2014, 11:26 PM
Lebron and Dwight Howard come to mind....

SPURSFAN1
09-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Durant. Doesn't he always get **** ton of techs for whining? He is probably number one in the league.

setman2000
09-09-2014, 11:43 PM
Too easy. Not only one of the dirtiest players in history but one of the biggest cry babies.....Kobe the Rapist!

goingfor28
09-10-2014, 04:26 AM

This. Close thread

koreancabbage
09-10-2014, 09:47 AM
This. Close thread

how often do you see this lol

http://halestormsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Kobe-Bryant-300x209.png

IBleedPurple
09-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Sam Cassell deserves a spot on this list.

mrblisterdundee
09-10-2014, 08:24 PM
"The ball don't lie," yells Rasheed Wallace, the greatest NBA whiner of all time or at least the most entertaining.

JAZZNC
09-10-2014, 08:45 PM
Any whiner list without Duncan isn't complete and I'm a huge Duncan fan.

They all do it, stars that is. The ones that get on my nerves the most though are Wade, Lebron, Blake, and Paul.

Oefarmy2005
09-11-2014, 03:02 PM
KLove if he hasn't been mentioned. The whole Spanish national team.

HeatFan
09-13-2014, 12:02 PM
Sam Cassell deserves a spot on this list.

Forgot about Sam Cassell. Good point.

DetroitBadBoy
09-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Greg Monroe whines literally after every whistle blown.