PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose's Offensive Efficiency In FIBA Worse Than Ricky Rubio

Clippersfan86
09-06-2014, 03:01 PM
Sure it's just FIBA and sure he's just getting back to organized, competitive ball. Thing is you'd think he would at least be doing SOMETHING. Dude is shooting like sub 20 percent last I saw. How did he make the team over Lillard? Reputation alone?

IndyRealist
09-06-2014, 03:06 PM
I'll be the first to say it. Thibbs got him on the roster.

JLynn943
09-06-2014, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure what happened, but I thought Rose was looking good before the tournament started. Is he not 100%? I know they were resting him before.

Clippersfan86
09-06-2014, 03:38 PM
I'm not sure what happened, but I thought Rose was looking good before the tournament started. Is he not 100%? I know they were resting him before.

That's the frustrating part. Before the tourney people were saying "He's back!!" and posting videos of his explosive dunks, shooting etc. Even coaches said "He's 100 percent back besides the timing aspect". I mean athletically he is, but mentally/skill wise he's looking like a bonafide scrub.

Yanks All Day
09-06-2014, 03:40 PM
He made it because this is the U.S.'s version of JV basketball and we're still 25 points better than every team we face. Having Rose play any kind of competitive basketball while preparing for the NBA season is beneficial, no matter how he does. His placement on the team and recovery, in some ways, is bigger for some than the actual tournament.

THE MTL
09-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Injuries and health aside.......Ppl fail to understand that the guy basically hasn't played basketball in 2 years. I don't care who you are. You aren't going back to being one of the best if you haven't played in 2 years.

Ppl so quick to put the Bulls in contender status need to think first. Forget allstar status, Rose needs to first become a legit nba starter again.

Confusious
09-06-2014, 03:48 PM
I think even the most biased Bulls fan realizes that it was a combination of his reputation, and his coach being there. As of right this moment, there is no way Rose is a better player than Lillard. NO WAY.

He has a long way to go before he returns to the player he once was. If he even can.

Sadds The Gr8
09-06-2014, 04:18 PM
It's fiba...who cares?

Ebbs
09-06-2014, 04:21 PM
It's fiba...who cares?

FIBA is awesome.

Sadds The Gr8
09-06-2014, 04:26 PM
FIBA is awesome.
These games have been boring as hell and almost unwatchable to me.

effen5
09-06-2014, 04:33 PM
These games have been boring as hell and almost unwatchable to me.

god I thought I was the only one.

GeekInThePink
09-06-2014, 04:56 PM
It's fiba...who cares?

This. It's not exactly like his role will be anything like this with Chicago. He doesn't need to be the man and time off will obviously lead to rust. He looks explosive as ever. I wouldnt put too much stock into these stats in such a small sample size/different style of ball.

ChiFanMem
09-06-2014, 04:57 PM
The speed and explosiveness are still there... He's just not making any baskets. It's been two years for ****'s sake, give him some time. I highly doubt he'll continue to miss as many shots at the rim as he has been.

beasted86
09-06-2014, 07:48 PM
I get the rust part... I don't get the making the team part...

smith&wesson
09-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Rose has been out for a long time... give him some time to get his rythem and game back.

my biggest concern was that he had lost explosivness and athletic ability. that doesnt seem to be the case, so he will be fine.

smith&wesson
09-06-2014, 08:17 PM
I get the rust part... I don't get the making the team part...

thibs is the assistant. i think its a no brainer as to why he made it. also they wanted some vet leadership.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
09-06-2014, 08:30 PM
He definitely made the team because of thibs.. but that is besides the point. If people actually noticed, USA can beat anyone besides Spain while playing almost anyone. For Rose, FIBA is not about scoring or even being efficient offensively because as long as he stays healthy his efficiency will come. He is using this experience to improve his defense mainly, and to get his legs under him before the season starts. Whether he can stay healthy or not throughout a season is yet to be seen, but do not pay attention to Rose playing FIBA games and assume it means he wont be the same player he once was before

jimm120
09-06-2014, 08:49 PM
he shouldn't be focused on "defense' like you say. He should be focused on getting his shot back or his driving ability back....cause the last time he came back for 10 games, he shot 39% also. He should be practicing his ability to put the ball through the hoop.

IKnowHoops
09-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Yeah, he's just really really rusty from being out 2 years. Thats why I agreed with a few others that it was gonna take him 3/4 of the regular season till he would be back. Once he gets his comfort level back, and his legs under him and his skills honed, all from playing those first 50-60 games, hell be a beast again. I think he's also playing to stay healthy in Fiba right now. He's not really trying to take advantage of his explosiveness to often. Just a part of a semi-long process of being out 2 years. He needs to work vey hard on his jumper though.

Bartlee23
09-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Rose's role wasn't to come on the team and score 25 points a game. He did have a very strong pre-tournament and believe what you want but he did deserve to make the team. I'm sure having Thibbs there didn't hurt but he earned his spot. He hasn't performed at the level fans are use to seeing but after all he's been through, what did you really expect? Especially in games that really don't mean a lot.

Let's wait till half way through the season where he's had some time to adjust his game, play against some actual talent and most importantly get in game shape. Lift all the weights you want or run on a treadmill or just shooting jump shots will not not get you into playing shape. He's probably still winded after running down the court a few times. Any ball players remember quarter drills?

I'm rooting for him. I would love to see him come back and be an 18-20ppg and 7-8 assist player. Rose never shot a high percentage anyways. If he could just work on his shot he'll be a strong addition to a very deep and talented Chicago team.

PurpleLynch
09-07-2014, 05:07 AM
I don't know if Rose will ever be the same of the Mvp' season,but right now he's just rusty,two years away from a bball court is a freakin' lot of time. Against Spain they should start with Curry at point guard.

meloman1592
09-07-2014, 05:41 AM
I like d Rose. But everyone overreacted when he made a few good moves in the intra quad game, now people think he'll never be the same. Let's give him 1/2 a season before we start predictions

c.c.
09-07-2014, 08:27 AM
Rose has always been that 20 points off 20 shots type of player.

xxplayerxx23
09-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Rose's role wasn't to come on the team and score 25 points a game. He did have a very strong pre-tournament and believe what you want but he did deserve to make the team. I'm sure having Thibbs there didn't hurt but he earned his spot. He hasn't performed at the level fans are use to seeing but after all he's been through, what did you really expect? Especially in games that really don't mean a lot.

Let's wait till half way through the season where he's had some time to adjust his game, play against some actual talent and most importantly get in game shape. Lift all the weights you want or run on a treadmill or just shooting jump shots will not not get you into playing shape. He's probably still winded after running down the court a few times. Any ball players remember quarter drills?

I'm rooting for him. I would love to see him come back and be an 18-20ppg and 7-8 assist player. Rose never shot a high percentage anyways. If he could just work on his shot he'll be a strong addition to a very deep and talented Chicago team.

First he didn't deserve to make it. Second who cares anyways, third he better average more then 18-20. Bulls have championship aspirations, he needs to be more of a 25-8 guy

nycericanguy
09-07-2014, 11:40 AM
there's def going to be an adjustment early on. Rose, Gasol, Mirotic, McBuckets... those are 4 key rotation players that CHI has to integrate... and we saw last year CHI was mediocre with Rose.

People talk about CLE having to build chemistry, but the same can be said for CHI, they have a lot of new pieces and it's going to take them a while.

bulldog312
09-07-2014, 12:56 PM
Pretty much everyone who was at their practices was saying Rose was playing harder than anyone and looked like one of the best players out there. All the team projection had him as a lock. Sure, it's easy to question the decision after he has struggled so far in games, but did you hear anyone questioning it before? This wasn't the Derrick Rose that anyone expected.

Bartlee23
09-07-2014, 12:58 PM
First he didn't deserve to make it. Second who cares anyways, third he better average more then 18-20. Bulls have championship aspirations, he needs to be more of a 25-8 guy

First believe what you want. Again he showed to both coaches and teammates that he was able to make the team. Second exactly your opinion... who cares anyways. Third it will take him awhile to get even close to a 25-8 guy unless he's shooting 40 shots a game. Chicago has a great team and he will be a contributor but he can't expect to just walk on the court and be the same for now.

Zefflin
09-07-2014, 02:52 PM
It's obvious rose is playing off his rust and getting back his timing for the regular season. Plus an Olympic gold medal will be nice to have too, smart move.

AIRMAR72
09-07-2014, 03:38 PM
Sure it's just FIBA and sure he's just getting back to organized, competitive ball. Thing is you'd think he would at least be doing SOMETHING. Dude is shooting like sub 20 percent last I saw. How did he make the team over Lillard? Reputation alone? Rose also won the regular season MVP shooting in mid 30s Derrick Rose is almost FINISH

KG2TB
09-08-2014, 12:33 AM
Rose also won the regular season MVP shooting in mid 30s Derrick Rose is almost FINISH

might want to check those stats again

Shammyguy3
09-08-2014, 12:59 AM
Rose has always been that 20 points off 20 shots type of player.

Rose in his MVP season: 25.0ppg on 19.7fga. 55.0ts%. That's not anything close to what supporting your statement believe it or not.

Rose also won the regular season MVP shooting in mid 30s Derrick Rose is almost FINISH

He shot 44.5% from the field, 33.2% from three, 85.8% from the line. That equates to a 48.5efg% and 55.0ts%. Again, this statement is inaccurate like the one above.

Crackadalic
09-08-2014, 01:58 AM
He won't be all star D-Rose till 2nd round of the playoffs

Trwood12
09-16-2014, 02:28 PM
It's fiba...who cares?
^ bingo!

TrueFan420
09-17-2014, 01:35 AM
Injuries and health aside.......Ppl fail to understand that the guy basically hasn't played basketball in 2 years. I don't care who you are. You aren't going back to being one of the best if you haven't played in 2 years.

Ppl so quick to put the Bulls in contender status need to think first. Forget allstar status, Rose needs to first become a legit nba starter again.

He's been out injured for 2 years but couldn't he at least spent somef that time practicing shooting

benny01
09-17-2014, 02:02 AM

Odd complexion for a Fin

Confusious
09-17-2014, 06:16 AM
It's fiba...who cares?
Obviously Rose does, otherwise he wouldn't have even tried out. Nor would anybody else. Oh, wait...

I find it charming how the only Bulls fans in this thread are the ones trying to defend his MVP year. I guess the rest of the usually very sensitive bunch even realize how bad he's been. That's gotta suck.

Captain Moroni
09-17-2014, 08:00 AM
He will be fine. Borderline Allstar, never again who he was.

bbcmillionaire
09-17-2014, 08:45 AM
Lol it's much like the Allstar games. Rose defers to the most ball dominate players. I.e. Harden, Irving. He out played people in the tryouts, earned a spot and was one of the only players actually passing the ball not looking for highlights. The one game he said he was gonna be aggressive he played great, so why should bull fans be worried? Bump this in the regular season when it matters and rose starts killing

bbcmillionaire
09-17-2014, 08:51 AM
It's obvious rose is playing off his rust and getting back his timing for the regular season. Plus an Olympic gold medal will be nice to have too, smart move.

Lol apparently it's not obvious to those with some grudge against Chicago and wants to see rose fail... But to those with common sense yeah

InRoseWeTrust
09-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Actual response to OT/thread: Is Ricky Rubio coming off two years that include only 10 games of competitive basketball? Really?

And lol at people blatantly misstating stat lines from Rose's MVP season.

Hawkeye15
09-17-2014, 10:08 AM
he is rusty as hell, give him a break. My guess is, Rose is making layups at a much higher rate than Rubio during the upcoming NBA season....

Sadds The Gr8
09-17-2014, 11:12 AM
Obviously Rose does, otherwise he wouldn't have even tried out. Nor would anybody else. Oh, wait...

I find it charming how the only Bulls fans in this thread are the ones trying to defend his MVP year. I guess the rest of the usually very sensitive bunch even realize how bad he's been. That's gotta suck.
He's repeatedly said he's happy with the way he's played and isn't worried about his shot. Don't see why he'd lie about that. Rose is a straight shooter from what I've seen....if he felt he was playing like **** and was unhappy about it he'd say it.

mRc08
09-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Rose has been out for a long time... give him some time to get his rythem and game back.

my biggest concern was that he had lost explosivness and athletic ability. that doesnt seem to be the case, so he will be fine.

This. It will take him some time to get the "touch" aspect of his game back. Things like shooting and passing are going to take the entire year to restore. If his athleticism is back that is all that matters at this point.

And yes, based on skillset alone he should not have made the team over lillard. But I think we can all agree that what he went through in the tourny is good for his game, and its not like it cost the team anything. I'm pretty sure that was thibs and coach K's mindset.

KG2TB
09-17-2014, 01:56 PM
Pretty obvious he's rusty. The movement is there, the explosion is there, and the rust is there ten fold. Not only has he not played in essentially 2 years, but many of those months, he wasn't even able to walk. It's bad enough when you can't play, but when you don't even have functional legs on the road to rehabilitation, it's obviously a major set back. There's a huge difference shooting flat footed or minimally jumping, by yourself in a gym, than there is to shooting with defenders trying to stop you and a game setting. He put the work in on his shot but now he has to transition to being chased off spots, rising over the defender, shooting off the dribble etc. I'm hopeful by mid-season, he starts playing consistently and that he is playing at all-star level. By playoffs, if he maintains his health, I expect to see a top 10-15 player. Hopefully, by next year he could be back in that top 5-10 conversation.

prodigy
09-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Pretty much everyone who was at their practices was saying Rose was playing harder than anyone and looked like one of the best players out there. All the team projection had him as a lock. Sure, it's easy to question the decision after he has struggled so far in games, but did you hear anyone questioning it before? This wasn't the Derrick Rose that anyone expected.

This means less then FIBA lol. If course they said good things about rose, shat you think the coaches are gonna say rose sucks to the media? Lol

Rose has a long road back. He really needs to find a shot. Because if he continues to drive a lot he will get hurt.

IKnowHoops
09-17-2014, 05:42 PM
All he needs to do is work on his shot relentlessly because it is so broke right now. He missed darn near every jump shot he took. He was still the best athlete on the Fiba team. Still the quickest and the fastest. PG is the deepest position in the NBA right now so being top 5 in this league is like being top 2 in other era's. I remember when Hardaway, Payton, and KJ were the top 3 point guards in the league easily in the early 90's. There are about 7 PG's now that when fully healthy on that level of PG. Well see what happens, but I think by 3/4 of the way through next season, DRose will be 95% back to what he was. 23/8 level games. He's gotta get that jumper working though.

mightybosstone
09-18-2014, 09:01 AM
I'll admit that I'm legitimately concerned about Rose after that tournament. Based on everything I had heard going into it and everything I'd read or heard from people close to the Bulls, it seemed like he was back. But the guy shot 25% from the floor and made only 1 of 19 3-pointers for the entire tournament. He was averaging 4.8 points per game on 6.6 attempts. That's not bad. That's straight up awful. And it's not like he was killing it as a distributor with a 3/2 AST/TO ratio. But you'd think he would have gotten better over the course of the tournament, but he was horrible throughout and had two of his worst games in the semi-finals and finals.

At this point, I'm seriously tempering my expectations for Rose going into the season.

monzternipz12
09-18-2014, 09:40 AM
Worst part is this delusional niqqa had the nerve to say "I give myself an A+" or whatever when asked how well he played in Fiba :eyebrow:

Lol. This isn't worldstarhiphop bro. Calm down with that language.

Who cares about what he did during fiba. The man stayed healthy. Fans are just hoping he survives a season let alone an MVP type season.

prodigy
09-18-2014, 10:20 AM
Worst part is this delusional niqqa had the nerve to say "I give myself an A+" or whatever when asked how well he played in Fiba :eyebrow:

Lol. This isn't worldstarhiphop bro. Calm down with that language.

Who cares about what he did during fiba. The man stayed healthy. Fans are just hoping he survives a season let alone an MVP type season.

Well if bulls wanna beat the cavs then the fans better be praying not only is he healthy but plays like an MVP. Even still its gonna be tough.

monzternipz12
09-18-2014, 11:28 AM
Well if bulls wanna beat the cavs then the fans better be praying not only is he healthy but plays like an MVP. Even still its gonna be tough.

Rose doesn't have to be top 10 in scoring and assists again for the bulls to beat the cavs. On paper, we can stay very competitive with the cavs. Obviously a real game can be different but the same goes for the cavs. I say the bulls gel together quicker than the cavs.

prodigy
09-18-2014, 12:49 PM

Rose doesn't have to be top 10 in scoring and assists again for the bulls to beat the cavs. On paper, we can stay very competitive with the cavs. Obviously a real game can be different but the same goes for the cavs. I say the bulls gel together quicker than the cavs.

Rose def needs to be a top 10 pg because they need the scoring. I think both teams will gel well because the new players fit well with the teams. But to think rose does not need to be playing at a high level is kinda crazy. The cavs have a lot of fire power and bulls have gasol.

IKnowHoops
09-18-2014, 01:01 PM

Barring Cavs injuries, there is just no way this is going to happen.

IKnowHoops
09-18-2014, 01:06 PM

Hey I don't blame your for being optimistic, but the three best players on the floor are all on the Cavs, and one of them is the best player in the League. I'm sorry but I see the Heat dominating the Bulls. I see Pau being a disappointment with Bulls fans hammering his play. Bulls and Heat will be interesting. Bulls and Cleveland are in two different stratospheres.

IBleedPurple
09-18-2014, 01:08 PM
But he gave himself an "A" grade for the tourney, so the stats don't matter.

Clippersfan86
09-18-2014, 05:17 PM
Look people giving the Bulls a shot vs the Cavs are assuming Rose returns to form. If he isn't a superstar Cavs sweep or win in 5 most likely. In other words, yes Rose needs to be an MVP candidate for the Bulls to compete.

prodigy
09-18-2014, 05:38 PM
Look people giving the Bulls a shot vs the Cavs are assuming Rose returns to form. If he isn't a superstar Cavs sweep or win in 5 most likely. In other words, yes Rose needs to be an MVP candidate for the Bulls to compete.

I agree 100%. Bulls have a solid team no question. Even if rose is back to his old self they just don't have enough firepower.

JLeBeau76
09-18-2014, 06:59 PM
I've seen just how much the Bulls can get accomplished without any offense. Thibbs is a hell of a coach that should now have some O to go with the D. I'm not writing the Bulls off at all.

I'm a Cavs fan, a huge one, but I try to be realistic as well. I need to see how all this firepower meshes and if Blatt can work a capable defense before crowning them. However, on paper, against a healthy Bulls team, I would put my money on Cavs....just would take 6 games, possibly 7.

prodigy
09-18-2014, 08:27 PM
I've seen just how much the Bulls can get accomplished without any offense. Thibbs is a hell of a coach that should now have some O to go with the D. I'm not writing the Bulls off at all.

I'm a Cavs fan, a huge one, but I try to be realistic as well. I need to see how all this firepower meshes and if Blatt can work a capable defense before crowning them. However, on paper, against a healthy Bulls team, I would put my money on Cavs....just would take 6 games, possibly 7.

Lol the east was very very weak. Not anymore. Like i said before cavs have way to much fire power. They played good defense last season but didn't have to cover 4 guys who can score at will. Bulls have 2 guys that can score constantly and one hasn't played in years.

xxcubs22xx
09-20-2014, 08:05 AM
Honestly I think the Cavs should be worried about the Bulls, not the other way around.

D Rose will not have to return to form for the Bulls to contend against Cleveland. Cleveland is a great team, but The Bulls have a very very deep squad.

slashsnake
09-20-2014, 06:08 PM
Honestly I think the Cavs should be worried about the Bulls, not the other way around.

D Rose will not have to return to form for the Bulls to contend against Cleveland. Cleveland is a great team, but The Bulls have a very very deep squad.

Yeah but a playoff sweep... I could see the Bulls tearing it all apart and starting over if they were on the losing end of a bad series. Cleveland I think would give it time for a new team to gel.

Confusious
09-20-2014, 08:13 PM
How did this conversation turn into the inevitable Chicago vs Cleveland pissing contest?
Stop it, it's ridiculous. I'm not scared of Chicago at all. Whether Rose breaks his leg in a work out or if he's back to his MVP year. One thing is that Chicago has never been able to beat LeBron James. Period. And now he has the best supporting cast he has EVER had. Chicago needed Carmelo to compete, but they failed horribly.

I'm sorry, I forgot, they striked it rich by acquiring the most-wanted 34 year old Pau Gasol and the spaniard sensation Mirotic. And got the next mafkn Larry Bird in McBuckets.

Bulls fans. :rolleyes: Winnin' nothing since MJ, will never win nothing without him. And that sucks because Thibs is the second best coach in the league, and he's close to Pops.

CavsYanksDuke
09-20-2014, 08:40 PM
How do you tell people to stop arguing and then piss on one side's team?

ramsizzle
09-20-2014, 08:41 PM
How did this conversation turn into the inevitable Chicago vs Cleveland pissing contest?
Stop it, it's ridiculous. I'm not scared of Chicago at all. Whether Rose breaks his leg in a work out or if he's back to his MVP year. One thing is that Chicago has never been able to beat LeBron James. Period. And now he has the best supporting cast he has EVER had. Chicago needed Carmelo to compete, but they failed horribly.

I'm sorry, I forgot, they striked it rich by acquiring the most-wanted 34 year old Pau Gasol and the spaniard sensation Mirotic. And got the next mafkn Larry Bird in McBuckets.

Bulls fans. :rolleyes: Winnin' nothing since MJ, will never win nothing without him. And that sucks because Thibs is the second best coach in the league, and he's close to Pops.

buddy, heres the truth. your city is trash and your savior star only went back home because the pressure got to him. the bulls can beat the cavs with or without rose, this is what your dense head doesnt understand. this team will win 55 plus even if rose does not play one single minute this season. the spacing of shooters, the elite team defense, the elite rebounding, the elite team passing... these are things the bulls are good at WITHOUT rose.

Lebrons already losing a step defensively, if you think hes putting another team on his back a la 2012 you are sadly mistaken. Enjoy being a cavs fan for this year because you'll inevitably try becoming a bulls fan again after (if) you lose.

bearadonisdna
09-20-2014, 09:17 PM

Wade>Irving
Bosh =Love

Theres this thing called defense. Oh and the Cavs has a coach that has as much nba coaching experience as you and me, and without a RIley. The bulls have had their problems with lebron, lebron left cleveland then everyone had a problem with the heat. until the spurs took advantage of lEBRONS DECLINE.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-20-2014, 09:31 PM

When was the last time Cleveland won anything?

bearadonisdna
09-20-2014, 09:32 PM
I made this joke to my brother last season, u dont like kevin love, u love him.

IKnowHoops
09-20-2014, 09:52 PM

Its hilarious that you can say these things and be a Bulls fan last year. Dogging a fan base you were part of just last year? Its like your attacking yourself up for stereotypically, wrong reason. I laugh every time I re-read it.

IKnowHoops
09-20-2014, 09:59 PM
buddy, heres the truth. your city is trash and your savior star only went back home because the pressure got to him. the bulls can beat the cavs with or without rose, this is what your dense head doesnt understand. this team will win 55 plus even if rose does not play one single minute this season. the spacing of shooters, the elite team defense, the elite rebounding, the elite team passing... these are things the bulls are good at WITHOUT rose.

Lebrons already losing a step defensively, if you think hes putting another team on his back a la 2012 you are sadly mistaken. Enjoy being a cavs fan for this year because you'll inevitably try becoming a bulls fan again after (if) you lose.

I like your passion, but thats not gonna happen. Also Lebron will be the best player in the NBA again, he will dominate, and it will be like every other year the Bulls have faced him, but I agree that he has more help this year than ever when you think about Waiters as a guy who in the month of April last year averaged 20pts a game and shot 47% from the 3. He is super underrated. Then the depth on this team, having Marion guard the other teams best player will help Bron a lot.

JEDean89
09-20-2014, 10:41 PM
Cavs will be really good but with Love's atrocious rim protection they are relying solely on Varejao to block shots. I think the Bulls will be a damn fine team next year. This is the best roster they've had with D-Rose healthy, they get there PG back and with McBuckets, Snell and Butler, they have 3 swingmen who should play well on both sides of the ball. Brooks is underrated and looked good on my Nuggets last year. Honestly the only question I have is the health of Rose, Noah and Gasol under the harsh whip of Thibs.