PDA

View Full Version : Is Micheal Cooper a HOFer?

ewing
09-06-2014, 11:13 AM
He was a role player on championship teams that provided invaluable spacing for Kareem and Magic. He was also an elite defender who won a defensive player of the year award and was named to an all defensive team 8 times. He was steady and great teammate. I think he had a better career then Horry and if we are putting in role players Coop is lock. what do you think

mightybosstone
09-06-2014, 11:33 AM
:laugh:

The funny thing is I just got done pointing out how Cooper is a superior role player in the Horry thread and I didn't even know this thread had been started. It's a great point, though. And as I mentioned in the other thread, he's not the only guy who would deserve consideration if role players were allowed into the Hall of Fame. If Horry gets in, then guys like Horace Grant, Steve Kerr, Toni Kukoc, Cedric Maxwell, Danny Ainge, Derek Fisher, Shane Battier, A.C. Green and Bill Cartwright also deserve some serious consideration.

And there are tons more. If one role player gets in, you're opening up a can of worms and there are probably 100+ other guys who are every bit as deserving who should get in as well.

sens#11fan
09-06-2014, 11:35 AM
Yes, but he's gonna have to wait some time in my opinion.

flea
09-06-2014, 12:14 PM
I want Lamar Odom in the HOF.

JasonJohnHorn
09-06-2014, 12:23 PM
I say yes. Elite defender and champion.

tredigs
09-06-2014, 12:30 PM
You're never going to have a non All Star in the HOF (out of players who would get in solely off of their NBA resume). And he's not the one who should buck that trend. But, if any elite defensive guard from the 80's deserves to be in the HOF it's Dennis Johnson. He actually has a decent case (Pile of All Defensive teams, integral piece of championships for multiple teams, multiple time All Star, etc).

kingsdelez24
09-06-2014, 02:24 PM
He gets in because he waited 38 years to lose his virginity, all while he played for the lakers in the 80's

Now that takes a TON of willpower

THE MTL
09-06-2014, 03:53 PM
He gets in because he waited 38 years to lose his virginity, all while he played for the lakers in the 80's

Wait is this true? Damn back with Magic sleeping with like 400 women per year lol

Clippersfan86
09-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Off topic pet peeve I need to address. It's spelled MichAEL not MichEAl. Only something like like 10 percent of Michael's spell it the way you did.

kingsdelez24
09-06-2014, 04:01 PM

Wait is this true? Damn back with Magic sleeping with like 400 women per year lol

Yeah, he's apparently a really devout Christian. Poor guy regardless

Clippersfan86
09-06-2014, 04:05 PM

That was A.C Green, not Michael Cooper.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=125643

JasonJohnHorn
09-06-2014, 04:35 PM

I think you got Cooper mixed up with AC Green. Cooper is the one who beat his wife. AC Green the only NBA to never score ;-)

amak316
09-06-2014, 05:06 PM
The NBA hall of fame is a joke. It should be a place for generational players and people that impacted the game immensely. Instead people like Chris Bosh are virtual locks, while he has had a very nice career his lasting foot print on the landscape of the NBA will be almost nonexistent.

kingsdelez24
09-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Ah my bad then

ewing
09-06-2014, 06:39 PM

he gets in for being the best point forward with no right hand, no question.

Munkeysuit
09-06-2014, 06:48 PM
No

kingsdelez24
09-06-2014, 07:08 PM

he gets in for being the best point forward with no right hand, no question.

The the name "LeBron James" ring a bell?

Lol, theres at least 20 better point forwards all time than Odom

NYKalltheway
09-06-2014, 07:34 PM
The NBA hall of fame is a joke. It should be a place for generational players and people that impacted the game immensely. Instead people like Chris Bosh are virtual locks, while he has had a very nice career his lasting foot print on the landscape of the NBA will be almost nonexistent.

what's an NBA hall of fame?

ewing
09-06-2014, 08:25 PM

LeBron James has a right hand

jaydubb
09-06-2014, 10:12 PM

Lebron shoots with his right, signs autographs with his left, he's pretty much ambidextrous

AIRMAR72
09-06-2014, 10:37 PM
He was a role player on championship teams that provided invaluable spacing for Kareem and Magic. He was also an elite defender who won a defensive player of the year award and was named to an all defensive team 8 times. He was steady and great teammate. I think he had a better career then Horry and if we are putting in role players Coop is lock. what do you think
Based upon his skill set hard work and WILL power YES Michel Cooper is a HOF

WadeKobe
09-07-2014, 01:11 AM

Huh? Chris Bosh is not a lock at all.