PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bledsoe and The Suns Have Had Zero Communication For 6 Months

Clippersfan86
09-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Chris Haynes ‏@ChrisBHaynes 1h
Approaching six months of "zero communication" between Suns and RFA Eric Bledsoe, league source says. Qualifying offer imminent.

Seems inaccurate though. Season ended like 4.5-5 months ago. Since then they were supposedly in negotiations. Either way sounds like a nasty situation that is unexpected. They offered low for the market and Bledsoe had a right to decline. When guys like Parsons/Hayward who are inferior to Bledsoe are getting max deals, you know negotiation is going to be a problem.

JasonJohnHorn
09-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Firstly, who says Parsons and Hayward are 'inferior' to Bledsoe? I'd take either of them over Bledsoe.

Secondly had some injury problems. It is understandable that the team would have reservations about signing him.

Thirdly, they played quite well without him when he was injured this year.

Fourthly, they have obviously communicated with him since offers have gone back and fourth. Is a team doesn't talk to a player, it is usually because the player's agent has step in and is handling all communication, and that is on the player and agent, not the team.

Fifthly, they did exit interviews in April, which means unless eh opted to skip out of them, the team has talked to him in the last five months, and even if he didn't, he was still playing for them at the end of the season. You don't think the coach didn't talk to him.

Perhaps they didn't talk about contracts, but that is not to say they didn't talk, and obviously contract negotiations have been going on.

I like Bledsoe, don't get me wrong. He's a good shooter, but as a point guard? His assist-to-turnover ratio isn't even at 2. That is pathetic for a point guard.

And if you play him at shooting guard, he is WAY undersized.

I would be hesitant to give him a max deal. There is a reason no other team is putting an offer on the table.

JEDean89
09-05-2014, 03:04 PM
before the season ended 5 months ago?

0nekhmer
09-05-2014, 03:06 PM
I liked his 40 game stint this year with the Suns. Although, I'd like a bigger sample size before I say his value. Prior to this season, he never had much opportunities, going from 10-20 mpg in his 3 years with the clipps. He could've made a huge case for MIP if he sustained his play without injury though.

king4day
09-05-2014, 03:07 PM
Bledsoe, yes. Agent, no.

I could see this ending with Bledsoe taking the QO. Then, during the season, being traded to the Cavs for Waiters and change. Then he'll sign for the 4 year max with NY or LAL (since no team, outside of Phoenix, can hold his bird rights on a Qualifying Offer).

flea
09-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Parsons is better than Bledsoe. Even if you think Bledsoe will be better, he hasn't proven it yet.

lamzoka
09-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Chris Haynes ‏@ChrisBHaynes 1h
Approaching six months of "zero communication" between Suns and RFA Eric Bledsoe, league source says. Qualifying offer imminent.

Seems inaccurate though. Season ended like 4.5-5 months ago. Since then they were supposedly in negotiations. Either way sounds like a nasty situation that is unexpected. They offered low for the market and Bledsoe had a right to decline. When guys like Parsons/Hayward who are inferior to Bledsoe are getting max deals, you know negotiation is going to be a problem.

Suns season ended in mid april which 5.5 months ago. But Bledsoe should just sign the qualifying offer and become an unrestricted FA next season, when a bunch of teams will have salary cap and there won't be many top tier FAs for teams to go after.

c.c.
09-05-2014, 03:23 PM
Parsons is better than Bledsoe. Even if you think Bledsoe will be better, he hasn't proven it yet.

Not only that but his position, size, and style of play is not hard to find in today's league. The league is flooded with 6'0 - 6'3 combo guards

Clippersfan86
09-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Not only that but his position, size, and style of play is not hard to find in today's league. The league is flooded with 6'0 - 6'3 combo guards

This is the key. He plays at a stacked position and as others said, he is injury prone. Still he was better than Parsons last year, stop being a homer. As for the guy who said the Suns were the same without Bledsoe... The Suns were something like 13-14 games over .500 with Bledsoe and around .500 without him (I think something like 17-15 if I recall?). That's a pretty damn big difference.

All of this factored in, Bledsoe is worth probably 12-13 a year and they offered him 9-10 right?

hugepatsfan
09-05-2014, 03:36 PM
I want him in BOS so bad. Him, Smart and Bradley would be dominant defensively and they can score enough.

Clippersfan86
09-05-2014, 03:37 PM

Parsons has proven to be a 3rd option role player who can't play defense to save his life. Nice complimentary piece, but lower impact player than Bledsoe. Not only was Bledsoe superior OFFENSIVELY (Parsons strength), but he was also a FAR superior defender, better passer and equal rebounder despite giving up 7+ inches last year. Bledsoe not only had better raw stats, but better metrics as well. At absolute worst you can argue Bledsoe is only marginally better. So while SF's are in higher demand, Bledsoe's contract shouldn't be much smaller than Parsons, if at all.

Clippersfan86
09-05-2014, 03:41 PM
PS Mcdonough has proven to be quite the chump GM. Last year when they acquired Bledsoe, BEFORE he even blew up and proved he's that good... he swore he would keep Bledsoe at "ANY" cost. Yet he's trying to lowball and then when Bledsoe declines no talks for months?

KNICKS R BACK
09-05-2014, 03:57 PM
This is the key. He plays at a stacked position and as others said, he is injury prone. Still he was better than Parsons last year, stop being a homer. As for the guy who said the Suns were the same without Bledsoe... The Suns were something like 13-14 games over .500 with Bledsoe and around .500 without him (I think something like 17-15 if I recall?). That's a pretty damn big difference.

All of this factored in, Bledsoe is worth probably 12-13 a year and they offered him 9-10 right?

...I would take Parsons over Bledsoe in a heartbeat, probably Hayward too.

2-ONE-5
09-05-2014, 04:01 PM

sorry but a half season of Bledose is not even clsoe to better than a full season of Parsons

c.c.
09-05-2014, 04:03 PM
This is the key. He plays at a stacked position and as others said, he is injury prone.Still he was better than Parsons last year, stop being a homer.As for the guy who said the Suns were the same without Bledsoe... The Suns were something like 13-14 games over .500 with Bledsoe and around .500 without him (I think something like 17-15 if I recall?). That's a pretty damn big difference.

Homer? News flash Parsons don't play for the a Rockets no more

Dade County
09-05-2014, 04:11 PM
If Bledsoe signs the Qualifying offer, he can't be traded unless he gives the ok... I can only hope he fires his agent, and Pat Riley comes a calling.

Clippersfan86
09-05-2014, 04:17 PM
sorry but a half season of Bledose is not even clsoe to better than a full season of Parsons

Why would you evaluate players that way? That would be like saying Curry>CP3 last year PURELY on the grounds that CP3 missed a lot of games and Curry didn't. Bledsoe WHEN PLAYING which is what matters, was better than Parsons. It wasn't a small sample, it was like 40-50 games.

flea
09-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Parsons has proven to be a 3rd option role player who can't play defense to save his life. Nice complimentary piece, but lower impact player than Bledsoe. Not only was Bledsoe superior OFFENSIVELY (Parsons strength), but he was also a FAR superior defender, better passer and equal rebounder despite giving up 7+ inches last year. Bledsoe not only had better raw stats, but better metrics as well. At absolute worst you can argue Bledsoe is only marginally better. So while SF's are in higher demand, Bledsoe's contract shouldn't be much smaller than Parsons, if at all.
I don't know what 3rd option role player means but Parsons can shoot, handle, and pass at above average levels for his position. He is skilled enough to check 4s and not kill you on the boards and it's an outright lie that he's bad defensively. Like I've said before, you don't play 4 years for Donovan and wind up bad on d. He was tasked with a lot last season and the Rockets were still a very solid defensive team. Ideally he's not your best wing defender, but that's a far cry from bad. Ideally, LeBron isn't your best wing defender either.

KNICKS R BACK
09-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Homer? News flash Parsons don't play for the a Rockets no more

LOL if you are being a homer then so is OP, obviously he fell in love with him in his Clippers days.

FlashBolt
09-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Bledsoe should go to LAL or NYK.

mdm692
09-05-2014, 05:10 PM
PS Mcdonough has proven to be quite the chump GM. Last year when they acquired Bledsoe, BEFORE he even blew up and proved he's that good... he swore he would keep Bledsoe at "ANY" cost. Yet he's trying to lowball and then when Bledsoe declines no talks for months?

Chump? Lol. How about his agent? You don't just hold a franchise hostage and demand a 5 year 80 mill nothing less and on top of that prevent the player from having any sort of contact with the team. He needs to fire the agent on the spot and Negotiate to 50-52 mill for 4 years. If he signs the QO he risk another injury and losing even more money. Rich Paul is garbage and gets by because Lebron basically negotiates everything in his contracts.

Clippersfan86
09-05-2014, 06:03 PM
I agree his agent is also a chump. But no Parsons isn't a good team defender. He's a mediocre defender period. I don't care who he played for before.

ManRam
09-05-2014, 06:25 PM

When I'm paying someone to play for me in the future, I'm more concerned with who I think will be better over that time period than anything else. That's all that ultimately matters. I'd bet a good deal of money Bledsoe proves to be worth more over the span of his next contract than Parsons does over the span of the one he just signed. Maybe the "proof" isn't there, but that doesn't necessarily matter, and I'd make that bet any day. At the very least Bledsoe can play some great defense...Hayward and Parsons can't.

Clippersfan86
09-05-2014, 06:33 PM
When I'm paying someone to play for me in the future, I'm more concerned with who I think will be better over that time period than anything else. That's all that ultimately matters. I'd bet a good deal of money Bledsoe proves to be worth more over the span of his next contract than Parsons does over the span of the one he just signed. Maybe the "proof" isn't there, but that doesn't necessarily matter, and I'd make that bet any day. At the very least Bledsoe can play some great defense...Hayward and Parsons can't.

Yup. Also helps that last season Bledsoe outplayed both, on top of future potential/promise. His issue is 100 percent health.

JEDean89
09-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Suns season ended in mid april which 5.5 months ago. But Bledsoe should just sign the qualifying offer and become an unrestricted FA next season, when a bunch of teams will have salary cap and there won't be many top tier FAs for teams to go after.

no bro, mid april was less than 5 months ago, learn math

flea
09-05-2014, 07:58 PM

Like someone else said, Bledsoe plays a very tough position to crack. I still don't trust his jumper too much, and if he can't cut down the turnovers he won't stick as a PG since he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. It's very possible he ends up a 6th man still, and while he had 40 good games last year it was still barely half a season.

Parsons, on the other hand, is in his prime and has played major minutes for two good teams. Even if his athleticism bottoms out he's skilled enough to be a good stretch 4 in this league so you don't really worry about his early 30s as much as you would a combo guard who relies on athleticism. If I were betting, I'd say Parsons is the more valuable player over his next contract. One team already dumped Bledsoe, and another has no interest in paying him absurd amounts of money. Parsons didn't even make it out of restricted FA because he was valued so highly.

Clippersfan86
09-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Like someone else said, Bledsoe plays a very tough position to crack. I still don't trust his jumper too much, and if he can't cut down the turnovers he won't stick as a PG since he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. It's very possible he ends up a 6th man still, and while he had 40 good games last year it was still barely half a season.

Parsons, on the other hand, is in his prime and has played major minutes for two good teams. Even if his athleticism bottoms out he's skilled enough to be a good stretch 4 in this league so you don't really worry about his early 30s as much as you would a combo guard who relies on athleticism. If I were betting, I'd say Parsons is the more valuable player over his next contract. One team already dumped Bledsoe, and another has no interest in paying him absurd amounts of money. Parsons didn't even make it out of restricted FA because he was valued so highly.

Can this post be more clueless? One point broken down at a time.

1. The Clippers did NOT dump Bledsoe. They traded him for one reason, and one reason only. They could not afford the max or near max deal he was going to command. They already have two max players and a 3rd who will get close to max next summer.

2. Bledsoe had a TS% of nearly 60 on pretty high volume shooting, so who cares what YOU trust.

3. His turnover rate is pretty high, but it's not much worse than Russell Westbrook for example and it's improved literally every single year he's been in the league.

4. Parsons is in his prime, Bledsoe isn't yet in his prime. That's in large part what point ManRam is trying to make. Bledsoe will likely still improve a lot, Parsons is likely what he's going to be already.

5. Don't be fooled into stuff like "Parsons" has a skill based game and doesn't rely on athleticism. Parsons is actually a well above average athlete and DOES rely a fair bit on athleticism. Thing is Bledsoe is a lot more physical and goes into the paint more, so yes injury risk is less for Parsons.

6. Parsons was more valued purely because of what we have already all discussed. Most teams already have good PG's, where as good SF's are far more rare. Doesn't by ANY MEANS mean Parsons is better. Just means the demand for PG's is much smaller.

7. The myth that Bledsoe needs the ball in his hands a ton was proven false last year when he played off the ball a lot of Dragic and STILL maintained well above average efficiency from most spots on the floor. His usage was pretty low for a player putting up his numbers.

flea
09-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Can this post be more clueless? One point broken down at a time.

I could say the same about your post, from the misinformation down to the bad analysis.

1. The Clippers did NOT dump Bledsoe. They traded him for one reason, and one reason only. They could not afford the max or near max deal he was going to command. They already have two max players and a 3rd who will get close to max next summer.

He's not going to get a max contract and I have no idea why you think he will. He will probably get 12-15 per year, depending on if he's overpaid, which is what Parsons got at the top end. That is not a max contract.

2. Bledsoe had a TS% of nearly 60 on pretty high volume shooting, so who cares what YOU trust.

TS near 60? Not sure what you're looking at but it was .578 last year in 43 games, and it's .526 for his career. Parsons had a higher eFG last season and that's a better measure of efficiency since we're comparing a guy who had a lot of ballhandling duties to one who had very little and deserved more (McHale's and Harden/Dwight's fault, not Parsons's fault - Carlisle has been clear that he sees Parsons as a playmaker like he was in college).

3. His turnover rate is pretty high, but it's not much worse than Russell Westbrook for example and it's improved literally every single year he's been in the league.

It's still not good, and neither is Westbrook's. At least Westbrook has pretty solid efficiency on a major USG%. That's about all the good things I can say about him as I think he's a low-IQ player that holds his team back in spite of great talent.

4. Parsons is in his prime, Bledsoe isn't yet in his prime. That's in large part what point ManRam is trying to make. Bledsoe will likely still improve a lot, Parsons is likely what he's going to be already.

We know what Parsons is mostly, but he's never had a USG% over 20%. Playing in a real offense will almost assuredly jump that number up and he'll score more points. Then probably PSD will fall in love with him. He's also a fine playmaker, and was a point forward in college. McHale took that facet of his game away because Lin and Harden have no usefulness unless they are dribbling.

5. Don't be fooled into stuff like "Parsons" has a skill based game and doesn't rely on athleticism. Parsons is actually a well above average athlete and DOES rely a fair bit on athleticism. Thing is Bledsoe is a lot more physical and goes into the paint more, so yes injury risk is less for Parsons.

Parsons is a good athlete. My point was he's not likely headed for a steep decline considering it's not athleticism that he relies on. He has a skill-based game centered on a good 3 point shot, even if his midrange game is lacking, good passing, and positioning. He's an excellent cutter and plays angles off the dribble very well. He's what Mike Dunleavy Jr. was when he was in his prime but a better defender.

6. Parsons was more valued purely because of what we have already all discussed. Most teams already have good PG's, where as good SF's are far more rare. Doesn't by ANY MEANS mean Parsons is better. Just means the demand for PG's is much smaller.

That's like saying the 10th best PG is better than the 2nd best center because the position is deeper. That's just the nature of the game and the population. There are less big men running around so you better be special if you're small. It's a big man's game.

7. The myth that Bledsoe needs the ball in his hands a ton was proven false last year when he played off the ball a lot of Dragic and STILL maintained well above average efficiency from most spots on the floor. His usage was pretty low for a player putting up his numbers.

He played off the ball some, but it was about like Lebron or Wade plays off the ball where they just stand on the wing and wait for the play to end and get back on D or chase a board. He's not a spot-up shooter and he's not a great cutter, so his offensive usefulness really is limited to ballhandling. Additionally, he had a 25% USG in his 40 games last season - that's much higher than Parsons's and is on par with other starting PGs around the league.

And again, you're still basing much of your analysis on half of a season. Remember when Mike James looked like an elite PG for a whole season? Yeah, nobody but Raptors fans does.

ManRam
09-05-2014, 09:07 PM
I'm not gonna get too heavily entrenched in this. I love Parsons...as a Gator fan that's a given. Probably one of my 10 favorite players. But still...I like Bledsoe's game more. Is he handling things perfectly? No. Are the Suns? No. Oh well.

Only time will tell. I'll just leave it at that.

Clippersfan86
09-05-2014, 09:17 PM
Flea I said "Or near max" for a reason. You saying 12-15 mill a year is exactly the range I'M talking about and the Clippers couldn't come close to affording it. DJ makes 11.5 and will get a raise to 13-14. Paul makes 19 mill a year, Griffin 18. No way in hell the Clippers could afford another player at that salary. My point was.. they surely didn't "dump him off" for any reason other than finances and the fact that nobody is going to pay 12-15 to back up the best PG in the game.

Clippersfan86
09-05-2014, 09:23 PM
PS yes, positional rank has nothing to do with overall rank. In theory the 2nd best center in the game CAN be worse than the 10th best PG. Not saying it's the case now, but there is a disparity. PG is the deepest position in the league BY FAR right now and the best it's ever been in the history of the game. Maybe 3-4 teams in the league lack a very good starting PG. How many teams have great centers? 8-10?

Duncan = Donkey
09-06-2014, 04:15 AM
If he signs the QO, i hope they bench him for the entire year. Have Dragic, Thomas and Ennis run the point

2-ONE-5
09-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Why would you evaluate players that way? That would be like saying Curry>CP3 last year PURELY on the grounds that CP3 missed a lot of games and Curry didn't. Bledsoe WHEN PLAYING which is what matters, was better than Parsons. It wasn't a small sample, it was like 40-50 games.

bcuz Bledsoe isnt an established player. so when you cant get on the court much in your breakout season you are by no means better then guys like Heyward and Parsons. Beleive it or not health matters and thats part of the reason why Bledsoe wont get close to what hes asking for. Im not a Heyward fan but i would take Parsons

DallasTrilla23
09-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Idk why he won't take the offer the suns gave him. $48 mil for 4 years sounds pretty fair to me. That's what Lawson and Curry got.

valade16
09-06-2014, 09:46 AM

Who was better last season, Danilo Gallinari or Michael Kidd-Gilcrist? Clearly health matters to some extent when evaluating a player.

RLundi
09-06-2014, 09:55 AM
PS yes, positional rank has nothing to do with overall rank. In theory the 2nd best center in the game CAN be worse than the 10th best PG. Not saying it's the case now, but there is a disparity. PG is the deepest position in the league BY FAR right now and the best it's ever been in the history of the game. Maybe 3-4 teams in the league lack a very good starting PG. How many teams have great centers? 8-10?

3-4 teams lacking a very good starting PG seems pretty low. "Very low" is subjective anyway but still, 3-4?? I don't think so. It's closer to 10-12. Off the top of my head:

Lakers
Heat
Mavericks
Jazz
Magic
Pistons
Bucks
Kings
Rockets

I'm sure there are some teams I'm forgetting though.

jericho
09-06-2014, 10:11 AM
I would love to see the Bucks get him. A starting line up of:

PG Bledsoe
SG Gianis
SF Parker
PF Henson
C Sanders

would be a fun one to watch grow and build that chemistry.

kobe4thewinbang
09-06-2014, 02:46 PM
I think Bledsoe is definitely oversold on his abilities and market value, but it is surprising that Phoenix can't find someone to bite on a S&T. Also, if a team really wanted him, they'd make a huge offer and call Phoenix's bluff, e.g. Houston about Parsons to Dallas.

Clippersfan86
09-06-2014, 02:48 PM
3-4 teams lacking a very good starting PG seems pretty low. "Very low" is subjective anyway but still, 3-4?? I don't think so. It's closer to 10-12. Off the top of my head:

Lakers
Heat
Mavericks
Jazz
Magic
Pistons
Bucks
Kings
Rockets

I'm sure there are some teams I'm forgetting though.

Very good you mean? The point was the majority of teams have an above average starting PG. So demand is lower of course compared to say centers.

smith&wesson
09-06-2014, 03:32 PM
Firstly, who says Parsons and Hayward are 'inferior' to Bledsoe? I'd take either of them over Bledsoe.

Secondly had some injury problems. It is understandable that the team would have reservations about signing him.

Thirdly, they played quite well without him when he was injured this year.

Fourthly, they have obviously communicated with him since offers have gone back and fourth. Is a team doesn't talk to a player, it is usually because the player's agent has step in and is handling all communication, and that is on the player and agent, not the team.

Fifthly, they did exit interviews in April, which means unless eh opted to skip out of them, the team has talked to him in the last five months, and even if he didn't, he was still playing for them at the end of the season. You don't think the coach didn't talk to him.

Perhaps they didn't talk about contracts, but that is not to say they didn't talk, and obviously contract negotiations have been going on.

I like Bledsoe, don't get me wrong. He's a good shooter, but as a point guard? His assist-to-turnover ratio isn't even at 2. That is pathetic for a point guard.

And if you play him at shooting guard, he is WAY undersized.

I would be hesitant to give him a max deal. There is a reason no other team is putting an offer on the table.

fourthly and fifthly :laugh:

I disagree, Beledso is right there with Parsons and Hayward. I dont think any of them are worth the max but if guys are getting it then you better beleive Bledsoe and his agent will demand the same.

Someone up there in phx really ****ed up because they have way to many pg gaurds and or combo gaurds and thats a pickle. Why pay Bledso when you have Dragic, Thomas, & Eniss.

Sadds The Gr8
09-06-2014, 04:34 PM
12 a year is far from low balling him

Sadds The Gr8
09-06-2014, 04:35 PM
fourthly and fifthly :laugh:

I disagree, Beledso is right there with Parsons and Hayward. I dont think any of them are worth the max but if guys are getting it then you better beleive Bledsoe and his agent will demand the same.

Someone up there in phx really ****ed up because they have way to many pg gaurds and or combo gaurds and thats a pickle. Why pay Bledso when you have Dragic, Thomas, & Eniss.
He's easily better than Hayward. Parsons is close tho

RLundi
09-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Very good you mean? The point was the majority of teams have an above average starting PG. So demand is lower of course compared to say centers.

Ahh, yes, very good, not low. My mistake.

The sentiment is unchanged though; it's probably closer to about half of the teams than majority that have an above average starting point guard.

Clippersfan86
09-06-2014, 05:28 PM

Pretty much my thoughts. Parsons at least has a CASE against Bledsoe, although as I said the numbers at the end of the day favor Bledsoe. What works in Parsons case is health+plays a much higher demand position. So as I said.. Parsons should get a little more money maybe, but not much if any.

Hayward though is a complete fu**ing joke to compare to Eric Bledsoe.

Clippersfan86
09-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Ahh, yes, very good, not low. My mistake.

The sentiment is unchanged though; it's probably closer to about half of the teams than majority that have an above average starting point guard.

Let's go through the teams. For the sake of this discussion let's say initially my "very good" comment was hyperbole and subjective and run with above average? Tell me which PG's you agree or disagree qualify. I'll bold the PG's I feel AREN'T above average.

Raptors- Lowry
Nets- D Will (when healthy obviously)
Knicks- Calderon
Celtics- Rondo
Sixers- MCW
Pacers- Hill
Bulls- Rose
Cavs- Irving
Pistons- Jennings borderline.
Bucks- Knight
Heat- Chalmers
Wizards- Wall
Bobcats- Walker
Hawks- Teague
Magic- Oladipo (was playing PG recently, not sure if it will stay)
Thunder- Westbrook
Blazers- Lillard
Timberwolves- Rubio
Nuggets- Lawson
Jazz- Burks
Clippers- Paul
Warriors- Curry
Suns- Dragic or Bledsoe
Kings- Collison
Lakers- Lin
Spurs- Parker
Rockets- Beverly
Grizzlies- Conley
Mavs- J Nelson
Hornets- Holiday

I highlighted the worst of the bunch and even those players are starting caliber, just not great ones. Definitely nowhere near half.

smith&wesson
09-06-2014, 06:46 PM

agree.... none of them are worth the max, but if Hayward and Parsons got it, its not hard to understand why Bledsoe and his agent want around the same.

Sadds The Gr8
09-06-2014, 06:50 PM
agree.... none of them are worth the max, but if Hayward and Parsons got it, its not hard to understand why Bledsoe and his agent want around the same.
The difference is that Hayward got the offer. No team offered Bledsoe the max. Why should phx cave into that when they have the leverage?

I think the 12m a year deal is fair

koreancabbage
09-06-2014, 10:17 PM
so now, what happens if he doesn't take the qualifier? is he allowed to not take the qualifier? Does he remain property of the suns if he goes overseas?

seems like Bledsoe is a pain in the ***. and take the 1 year option like Monroe. It is what it is.