PDA

View Full Version : PSD's top 20 all time list - Who's the #1 flopper????

ghettosean
09-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Debate going on in another thread about who the biggest flopper is on an all time top 20 list... Discuss and vote for your candidate.

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. Magic Johnson
5. Shaquille O'neal
6. Tim Duncan
7. Hakeem Olajuwan
8. LeBron James
9. Larry Bird
10. Kobe Bryant
11. Bill Russell
12. Oscar Robertson
13. Moses Malone
14. Jerry West
15. Julius Erving
16. David Robinson
17. Charles Barkley
18. Kevin Garnett
19. Karl Malone
20. Dirk Nowitzki

jaydubb
09-05-2014, 02:07 PM
I only see one player on that list that is a flopper

sixers247
09-05-2014, 02:07 PM
Bill Russell, Then Mike Trout, followed by Fozzy the Bear and Dan Akroyd.

Was the thread not dumb enough the first time that you had to delete it and make an even dumber version??

ghettosean
09-05-2014, 02:22 PM
I'm curious as to what PSD thinks on this subject.... There has been a discussion in another thread about this and the major criticism is that there is no stats on this subject so I'd like to get a vote going to see everyone's perspective on this. Please do not make this a hate thread but I'd like to get everyone perspective on this and see if they think anything like this should or will affect a players legacy when all is said and done. Anyone who doesn't like the thread no one is holding your keyboard and hands forcing you to post in here.

Keep it clean PSD!

Chronz
09-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Whoever tries harder to win the game... jk

In all seriousness, whoever the right answer is, do you really think the rate of flops is somehow a factor worth considering? Does it depend on how you define flopping? Does Kobe's flailing arm and war cry count? Is an offensive flop more or less honorable than a defensive one. Is it better to draw a charge by flopping than not even attempt to take the charge, thus sparing you the flop but also not providing your team an added possession? Really whats the point here? The biggest complaint shouldn't be about tracking them statistically, its that it not even remotely significant in a comparison. Vlade was the biggest flopper I can think of, is that suppose to mean something?

ewing
09-05-2014, 02:43 PM
terrible poll. reggie was the biggest flopper ever

jaydubb
09-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Players that flop are so pathetic.. It doesn't effect how good you are as a player, but flopping isn't basketball.. It's not.. If you go play a pickup game at the park and you do that your gonna get ***** slapped..

I personally think it effects players legacy.

FlashBolt
09-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Players that flop are so pathetic.. It doesn't effect how good you are as a player, but flopping isn't basketball.. It's not.. If you go play a pickup game at the park and you do that your gonna get ***** slapped..

I personally think it effects players legacy.

Was starting fights and pushing players a basketball-play? So how come no one talks crap about Pistons but praise them? Lol.. Funny how some of you think flopping makes a great player. In that case, Manu is a top 10 GOAT since he's such a great flopper.

bucketss
09-05-2014, 10:14 PM
what a bait thread.

bucketss
09-05-2014, 10:17 PM
Was starting fights and pushing players a basketball-play? So how come no one talks crap about Pistons but praise them? Lol.. Funny how some of you think flopping makes a great player. In that case, Manu is a top 10 GOAT since he's such a great flopper.

people will go to all measures to somehow discredit lebron. finals record, and flopping are two things I've seen people use against lebron ALOT but not so much on other players.

Seizabmc
09-05-2014, 10:35 PM
With out reading any post off the top of my head
Harden
LBJ
Blake
Kobe
Kd
Paul pierce
Melo( but he doesn't get the calls)

ManRam
09-05-2014, 10:38 PM
I don't care enough to vote.

And everyone's just gonna vote for the player they dislike the most.

Flopping isn't as big of a deal as the world makes it out to be. Just makes people who hate certain players feel better about themselves.

(Also, agreed...where the fuggg is Reginald?)

flea
09-05-2014, 10:56 PM
LeCramp's head flop deserves a picture in the HOF, right next to Jordan's pushoff.

NYKalltheway
09-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Reggie Miller :D
Out of the list, it has to be Lebron. The rest did not flop.

IKnowHoops
09-06-2014, 12:49 AM
LeCramp's head flop deserves a picture in the HOF, right next to Jordan's pushoff.

The two greatest, doing what it takes I guess. Thats why there the greatests.

IKnowHoops
09-06-2014, 12:51 AM
I actually think Dirk is on this list. They way he snaps his head back on contact to get fouls is unstoppable at picking up the call.

mightybosstone
09-06-2014, 07:25 AM
Fail thread is fail.

ghettosean
09-06-2014, 12:09 PM
terrible poll. reggie was the biggest flopper ever

I agree that Reggie is a huge flopper but we are voting on the top 20 all time greatest players voted by PSD this year. I'm not even sure if Reggie has made this years list yet but maybe I'll make a new poll dedicated specifically to floppers.

ghettosean
09-06-2014, 12:14 PM
people will go to all measures to somehow discredit lebron. finals record, and flopping are two things I've seen people use against lebron ALOT but not so much on other players.

This is your opportunity to discuss other players... So far you are the first to mention Lebron as if he is the top of the list. I see some voted for Dirk and MJ I wouldn't mind there opinion on this issue as these guys being the all time biggest floppers from the greats. This is a part of how a player plays the game and I just want a metric against the all time greatest players to ever play.

Why should we ignore certain facets of a players game yet magnify others??? This is a question I'd love an answer to.

ghettosean
09-06-2014, 12:19 PM
I don't care enough to vote.

And everyone's just gonna vote for the player they dislike the most.

Flopping isn't as big of a deal as the world makes it out to be. Just makes people who hate certain players feel better about themselves.

(Also, agreed...where the fuggg is Reginald?)

The candidates were made from the top 20 all time so far voted by PSD... Not sure Reggie has even been voted for on that all time list as of yet.

To be fair anyone can vote for who they hate most in any poll or not vote for that player so who cares I want people to vote for who they truly think the biggest flopper is on this all time greats list and maybe to explain why?

ghettosean
09-06-2014, 12:23 PM

Do you consider a push off a flop? Also do you think they are tied for top flopper of the all time greats?

ghettosean
09-06-2014, 12:25 PM

Everyone really wants Reggie on this list we might have to make a new poll on this subject.

ghettosean
09-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Whoever tries harder to win the game... jk

In all seriousness, whoever the right answer is, do you really think the rate of flops is somehow a factor worth considering? Does it depend on how you define flopping? Does Kobe's flailing arm and war cry count? Is an offensive flop more or less honorable than a defensive one. Is it better to draw a charge by flopping than not even attempt to take the charge, thus sparing you the flop but also not providing your team an added possession? Really whats the point here? The biggest complaint shouldn't be about tracking them statistically, its that it not even remotely significant in a comparison. Vlade was the biggest flopper I can think of, is that suppose to mean something?

I honestly do think flops are worth considering even though it's not a counted statistic in the league right now. Honestly can a flop change the game as much as a rebound or wide open jumper... YES IT CAN. How many games come down to the wire I mean that one flop or many many flops could change the outcome of a game or get another team or opposing player in foul trouble so I think it's very relevant. It's in the game right now but people are afraid to discuss it regarding certain players which I don't understand it's part of the game now and how some players play the game not sure why this subject should always be swept under the rug. My question is why is it not relevant to me a flop is just as important as a block, rebound.FGA... etc they all have an effect on the game.

5ass
09-06-2014, 01:05 PM

Everyone flops. I've seen almost every star NBA player do it. Garnett, dirk, Kobe, Jordan, bird, ect.

diu9leilomo
09-06-2014, 01:21 PM
Flopping is part of the game, it's a way to get calls, not a problem. Of course, when you flop too much/too often, then you just look like a *****

Hawkeye15
09-06-2014, 01:41 PM
I thought I was coming into a thread where flopping legends like Vlade, Laimbeer, Manu, and Barea were being discussed.

What a disappointment..

ThuglifeJ
09-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Stupid but out of the list.. Lebron. Obviously. Dirk has his moments too. That's it

ghettosean
09-06-2014, 02:27 PM

Everyone flops. I've seen almost every star NBA player do it. Garnett, dirk, Kobe, Jordan, bird, ect.

Like who has the most rebounds out of these greats who flops the most??? This is the topic of the thread

ghettosean
09-06-2014, 02:29 PM
I thought I was coming into a thread where flopping legends like Vlade, Laimbeer, Manu, and Barea were being discussed.

What a disappointment..

I'd say create a thread about it but this is about legends of the game and the top flopper amongst then... I'll make another thread about your subject if you don't to be fair

ghettosean
09-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Flopping is part of the game, it's a way to get calls, not a problem. Of course, when you flop too much/too often, then you just look like a *****

I agree with this... It's part of the game today and it's just as important as most stats unless someone wants to prove me wrong on this... I think it's as significant as a rebound, block... etc. Different people have there own opinion if it's a problem or not some feel it takes away from the game and a form of cheating and others think it's a skill but to each there own.

THE MTL
09-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Chamberlain and Russell flopped back then? I'm asking a legit question here.....cause whenever ppl mention old school
....its about basketball being tough and contact etc that the 60s/70s were about

NYKalltheway
09-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Chamberlain and Russell flopped back then? I'm asking a legit question here.....cause whenever ppl mention old school
....its about basketball being tough and contact etc that the 60s/70s were about

Nah, they got proper beating and many times not even a foul call.