PDA

View Full Version : 7th Annual PSD Player Rankings #5 SF In The NBA? (Volume: VII)

Mile High Champ
09-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Hey guys, It is that time of year again! Once again we kick of the PSD NBA Off-Season Player Rankings. This is the 7th year I have done this on PSD and it typically always makes for good deabte and often initates terrific discussion. Consider that when these polls first began, the likes of Baron Davis and Devin Harris were cracking these polls. Which player will you rank high this year that may get some raised eyebrows as the years pass by? Only time will tell. Please keep things civil and discuss who you feel is most fitting and deserving of being voted in each poll.

A lot has changed since last season. Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs are NBA champions for the 5th time after getting some revenge for their finals loss last season to the Heat. We could be looking at the end of the big 3 era.

Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 6 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

For a player to be eligible for this years poll, they must of played in a minimum of 10 games.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best. Though we do recognize that some voters will vote based soley on potential and others by last years numbers.

2014 Off-Season PSD SF Rankings
1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul George
5)
6)

2013 Off-Season PSD SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Andre Iguodala
5) Paul Pierce
6) Kawhi Leonard
7) Luol Deng
8) Danilo Gallinari
9) Rudy Gay
10) Chandler Parsons

2012 Off-Season PSD SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul Pierce
5) Andre Iguodala
6) Rudy Gay
7) Luol Deng
8) Danny Granger
9) Danilo Gallinari
10) Nicolas Batum

2011 Off-Season Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul Pierce
5) Andre Iguodala
6) Danny Granger
7) Luol Deng
8) Rudy Gay
9) Gerald Wallace
10) Danilo Gallinari

2010 Off Season SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Paul Pierce
5) Danny Granger
6) Gerald Wallace
7) Andre Iguodala
8) Rudy Gay
9) Luol Deng
10) Ron Artest

2009 Off Season SF Rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Carmelo Anthony
3) Kevin Durant
4) Paul Pierce
5) Danny Granger
6) Andre Iguodala
7) Caron Butler
8) Hedo Turkoglu
9) Ron Artest
10) Stephen Jackson

2008 Off-Season SF rankings

1) Lebron James
2) Paul Pierce
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Caron Butler
5) Ron Artest
6) Shawn Marion
7) Josh Smith
8) Richard Jefferson
9) Lamar Odom
10) Tayshaun Prince

jaydubb
09-04-2014, 01:26 PM
Kawhi

Bruno
09-04-2014, 02:58 PM
kwiah.

ManningToTyree
09-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Kawhi

IversonIsKrazy
09-04-2014, 05:44 PM
I got the FInals MVP here.

SugeKnight
09-04-2014, 11:23 PM
Iggy after

unleashthebeast
09-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Iggy after

Between him and Parsons, but yeah agreed

rhino17
09-05-2014, 12:12 AM
Parsons

jimm120
09-05-2014, 12:20 AM
I think Ariza was better than Parsons and Leanord last year.

I don't think Ariza will be better than them in the future, but I feel he was so last year.

#JustSaying

and this is coming from someone that likes Parsons quite a bit and like Leanord because he is a better Iman Shumpert.

LTBaByyy
09-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Kawhi
Parsons
Iggy
Deng
Ariza
Gay

Darryl Dawkins
09-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Kawhi should've gone earliar.

After him I got DRAYMOND GREEN. you heard it hear first. This guy can average 10 rebounds 2 blocks and 2 steals and play defense all over the court with starter minutes as he did when he got starter minutes.

sixers247
09-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Kawhi should've gone earliar.

After him I got DRAYMOND GREEN. you heard it hear first. This guy can average 10 rebounds 2 blocks and 2 steals and play defense all over the court with starter minutes as he did when he got starter minutes.

Kawhi should be 1. He really is on his way to Bird territory. His stats are unreal and he was the FMVP!

:sarcasm:

nycericanguy
09-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Kawhi is an interesting player to me, I don't know how good he is.

He's a role player on a great team, but he's not really GREAT at anything so you wonder how he'd do if he didn't have such a great coach, system, and team in place.

He was the 3rd leading scorer on the Spurs, and Manu was actually right behind him despite only playing 22mpg.

His efficiency is good but he only takes 9 shots per game.

He did step up his scoring to over 14ppg in the playoffs and 17.8ppg in the finals though.

He'll be interesting to see once Duncan & Manu retires.

I mean Boras Diaw looked like he was about to be out of the league then he goes to the spurs and looks like a poor man's Pippen.

All that being said... It's Kawhi here...