PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the Atlantic Division?

FriedTofuz
09-04-2014, 01:49 AM
Widely regarded as the WORST division in the nba, home to Raptors, Knicks, Nets, celtics and Sixers, there lies no Powerhouse team, and a tanking team, where both the raps,knicks and nets can all game wins from the sixers easily. It kind of sucks to other teams within a more stacked division since at least 1 of 3 of these teams will be the 4th seed. Keep in mind the Raptors won last year, achieving a mark of 48 wins. With the new addition of a healthy brook lopez to the net, new draft picks (smart; young) to the celtics, a front office chance for the knicks, and with the raptors retaining most of their key Free agents, who takes it?

goingfor28
09-04-2014, 01:49 AM
Toronto

FriedTofuz
09-04-2014, 01:51 AM
Toronto

why's that?

SPURSFAN1
09-04-2014, 01:55 AM
Toronto?

goingfor28
09-04-2014, 01:58 AM
why's that?
Bc the nets are overrated ands the knicks and sixers suck

Crackadalic
09-04-2014, 02:42 AM
Raptors base on last year but they do have the toughest schedule in the division where the knicks and nets are amount the weakest with the knicks at the bottom 5 in the league.

Health and chemistry will determine the division winner. Not talent

akia83
09-04-2014, 04:46 AM
Toronto.
You forgot the Celtics btw

Jamiecballer
09-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Raptors. Followed by Nets and then who the hell knows

koreancabbage
09-04-2014, 08:35 AM
should have added a poll lol

DarkKnight
09-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Toronto.
You forgot the Celtics btw

Who ?

NYKnickFanatic
09-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Toronto, of course

Raps18-19 Champ
09-04-2014, 09:46 AM
The team you wanted us to say.

mudvayne387
09-04-2014, 10:10 AM
The New York Knicks will win the Atlantic Division with 51 wins. Laugh all you want, but you are going to see a rejuvenated squad with a Carmelo Anthony who can not afford to be on another losing team. Phil's fingerprints will be all over this team and that will be evident from game 1. Calderon is a massive upgrade at the PG position and that can not be understated. Hardaway will average 15ppg, Smith will regain his form and be the secondary scoring option he was two years ago, and STAT will work his *** off to make sure he secures another lucrative contract.

sixers247
09-04-2014, 10:53 AM
The New York Knicks will win the Atlantic Division with 51 wins. Laugh all you want, but you are going to see a rejuvenated squad with a Carmelo Anthony who can not afford to be on another losing team. Phil's fingerprints will be all over this team and that will be evident from game 1. Calderon is a massive upgrade at the PG position and that can not be understated. Hardaway will average 15ppg, Smith will regain his form and be the secondary scoring option he was two years ago, and STAT will work his *** off to make sure he secures another lucrative contract.

LOL this site is full of laughs today.

jaydubb
09-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Raps

mudvayne387
09-04-2014, 10:55 AM
LOL this site is full of laughs today.

Oh I'm sorry we can't all be in "tank mode" for 12 years straight. How's that working out for you ?

2-ONE-5
09-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Raptors fan pick the Raptors
Knicks fans pick the Knicks
Nets fans pick the Nets

but in reality the Sixers and Celtics will battle it out for the Atlantic title.

/ thread

LanceUpperCut
09-04-2014, 11:12 AM
Raps or Nets

Ezio
09-04-2014, 11:18 AM
The Drakes.

sixers247
09-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Oh I'm sorry we can't all be in "tank mode" for 12 years straight. How's that working out for you ?

The Knicks are have been and still are in tank mode even if they aren't trying by putting those garbage teams together.

mudvayne387
09-04-2014, 11:42 AM
The Knicks are have been and still are in tank mode even if they aren't trying by putting those garbage teams together.

Lets get something straight, you do not have the privilege of talking smack as a Sixers fan. It would be like the Cubs making fun of the Padres or the Jaguars making fun of the Raiders.

Your franchise is literally the laughing stock of the entire league. Sure both the Knicks and 76ers have seen better days, but at least the Knicks try (emphasis on try) to win NBA games. But who knows, maybe this year the Sixers put it all together and surpass that ever so elusive 20 win mark.

deaner
09-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Ah.... I don't know. Isn't it worse when you leverage your future and don't make the playoffs? Philly is following a course of action. I may not agree with it... But I think they will have a better team before the Knicks do.

2-ONE-5
09-04-2014, 11:53 AM
which makes it all the more sadder that the Knicks are trying so hard and spending so much just to miss the playoffs again.

True Sports Fan
09-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Lets get something straight, you do not have the privilege of talking smack as a Sixers fan. It would be like the Cubs making fun of the Padres or the Jaguars making fun of the Raiders.

Your franchise is literally the laughing stock of the entire league. Sure both the Knicks and 76ers have seen better days, but at least the Knicks try (emphasis on try) to win NBA games. But who knows, maybe this year the Sixers put it all together and surpass that ever so elusive 20 win mark.
At least the 76ers are building for the future rather than fielding a losing team near the luxury. If the 76ers play their cards right they could be pretty solid

pebloemer
09-04-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm more interested in:

How many wins will it take to win the Atlantic?

Will it again be the only division without a 50 game winner?

GiantsSwaGG
09-04-2014, 12:26 PM

How's the Sixers team looking right now?

lamzoka
09-04-2014, 12:43 PM
A thread like this should just be close. its not going nowhere.

NOTHING BUT BAITING AND TROLLING.

2-ONE-5
09-04-2014, 12:44 PM
How's the Sixers team looking right now?

like a non-playoff team, sort of like the Knicks

GiantsSwaGG
09-04-2014, 12:47 PM
like a non-playoff team, sort of like the Knicks

Didn't realize the Knicks traded all their best players for trash. Let me check just to make sure

IndyRealist
09-04-2014, 12:56 PM

With all due respect, i think half the teams in the league want to be where the Sixers are: stockpiling picks and young talent for trade assets, being paid by other teams to fix their cap mistakes by taking on contracts, and having a salary so low you are virtually guaranteed to make money due to TV deals.

In a couple of years when the Sixers have a front line of Embiid and Noel, with a solid MCW, Dario Saric, a top 5 pick from next year, and then they trade for, say, James Harden....

akesh99
09-04-2014, 01:01 PM
Lol @ some Knick fans trying to derail another thread by talking **** about other teams to make themselves feel better.

GiantsSwaGG
09-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Lol @ some Knick fans trying to derail another thread by talking **** about other teams to make themselves feel better.

Kind of like what raps fans did in the other thread

aman_13
09-04-2014, 01:10 PM
I'm more interested in:

How many wins will it take to win the Atlantic?

Will it again be the only division without a 50 game winner?

It won't take 50 to win the division but I think the Raps win that many this yr or certainly be very close.

aman_13
09-04-2014, 01:11 PM
I ain't counting out the Knicks, they can surprise.

akesh99
09-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Kind of like what raps fans did in the other thread

Way to continue the trend then... Only difference is that the Raps actually have a shot at winning the division whereas the Knicks continue to live in a fantasy world.

2-ONE-5
09-04-2014, 01:16 PM
Didn't realize the Knicks traded all their best players for trash. Let me check just to make sure

you mean for the ROY and the top 2 talents in the last 2 drafts? **** we already have 2 better starters than the Knicks

GiantsSwaGG
09-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Way to continue the trend then... Only difference is that the Raps actually have a shot at winning the division whereas the Knicks continue to live in a fantasy world.

Like how you did with the previous post?

And having a shot at winning the division, same shot the Knicks had last year when they won the division right

GiantsSwaGG
09-04-2014, 01:21 PM
you mean for the ROY and the top 2 talents in the last 2 drafts? **** we already have 2 better starters than the Knicks

I guess Young and Hawes were trash...

A center with knee problems and a center with back problems... Wow amazing. And they're better than the Knicks right? What was Noel's and Embiid FG%, PPG, RPG..... Waiting? Oh wait they didn't play yet, Noel didn't play because of a serious knee injury and Embiid isn't playing because of a serious injury. What a promising future. But of you go by NBA Stats, Brags is better than both of them combine!

bartron_44
09-04-2014, 01:28 PM
The Knicks will be better, but I doubt they win 50+ games this season. I have to go with the Raptors. Defending champs who are a young and improving team, and they didn't lose any key players from their rotation. Derozan and JV just keep looking better and better every year. If Lowry stays hungry after getting his contract, then they should win that division again.

The Nets get Lopez back, but they also lost Paul Pierce. They also have a new coach so it will be interesting to see how much they change.. I still think Toronto will win that division again though.

akesh99
09-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Like how you did with the previous post?

And having a shot at winning the division, same shot the Knicks had last year when they won't the division right

I don't see how me calling out posters like you for talking **** about other teams means I'm "continuing the trend" of talking ****...

Regarding the second half of your post- I'm not even gonna comment on it since I can't make sense of it.

Any way you slice it, the Raps are coming off a convincing division title and have only improved this offseason, while the Knicks are going to be fighting for the 8th seed once again- only this time with a team that has no defensive anchor and a rookie HC.

GiantsSwaGG
09-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Knicks aren't winning 50 games, I'd give my BMW away for free if that happened

sixers247
09-04-2014, 01:31 PM
Knicks aren't winning 50 games, I'd give my BMW away for free if that happened

:laugh: classic

GiantsSwaGG
09-04-2014, 01:33 PM
I don't see how me calling out posters like you for talking **** about other teams means I'm "continuing the trend" of talking ****...

Regarding the second half of your post- I'm not even gonna comment on it since I can't make sense of it.

Any way you slice it, the Raps are coming off a convincing division title and have only improved this offseason, while the Knicks are going to be fighting for the 8th seed once again- only this time with a team that has no defensive anchor and a rookie HC.

I basically did what you did brah, you pointed out how Knicks fans trash other teams, I pointed out how Raptors fans trash Knicks fans in the other thread. Nice try thou.

Of course the Raps (right now) are mostly likely to win the division, but like I said it's not a given. Knicks won 54 games a couple of years ago (Raps didnt) won a playoff series (Raps didn't). It's not so far fetched to assume someone else will win the division. But I love the confidence thou, same confidence Knicks fans displayed only to be crushed. Hopefully that doesn't happen to you guys. But the Raptors will make the playoffs!

GiantsSwaGG
09-04-2014, 01:34 PM
:laugh: classic

:shrug: I would, you gotta be realistic

2-ONE-5
09-04-2014, 01:35 PM
I guess Young and Hawes were trash...

A center with knee problems and a center with back problems... Wow amazing. And they're better than the Knicks right? What was Noel's and Embiid FG%, PPG, RPG..... Waiting? Oh wait they didn't play yet, Noel didn't play because of a serious knee injury and Embiid isn't playing because of a serious injury. What a promising future. But of you go by NBA Stats, Brags is better than both of them combine!

you play us 4 times a year you know Hawes in trash in the role he played here, dude was awful. Thad was good but he was going to be leaving after the year thats why he was dealt, at his request. oh and Noel has no knee issues.

GiantsSwaGG
09-04-2014, 01:37 PM
you play us 4 times a year you know Hawes in trash in the role he played here, dude was awful. Thad was good but he was going to be leaving after the year thats why he was dealt, at his request. oh and Noel has no knee issues.

Thad is a really good player (If used correctly)

Hawes is good as well (again if used correctly)

Didn't both those guys help the sixers make the playoffs a couple of years ago?

2-ONE-5
09-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Thad is a really good player (If used correctly)

Hawes is good as well (again if used correctly)

Didn't both those guys help the sixers make the playoffs a couple of years ago?

Thad did, hawes not so much he is a black hole on D. they certainly arent good enoguh to be the 2nd and 3rd best players on your team. whats this have to do with anything? both players told the team they were leaving after the season and were also brought in by the old FO so why would we keep them?

Vampirate
09-04-2014, 04:01 PM
As a Toronto Raptors fan my answer should be obvious

The Sixers obviously.

Rockice_8
09-04-2014, 04:07 PM
This is a two horse race with the Raps and Nets. Knicks will be better than last year but not significantly enough to win the division.

Raps stayed in tact and should slightly improve within. Nets got the best player in the division back Lopez (outside of Melo). Nets get better actually since they won't have all those needy ball handlers (PP and Livingston). They can let D-Will and JJ go back to doing that (they won 49 games with a far worse roster).

I think the Raps will edge out the Nets in the end. Both will be right around 50 wins. Nets have a chance but they have more questions with health than TOR and that may cost them a few games which ultimately cost them the division in the end. Lopez will bounce back though with a huge season like 2012-13.

TOR and BK are both going to be good proving that the Atlantic is not the worst division in the league. I say both are in the top 5 records in the East.

Captain Moroni
09-04-2014, 04:49 PM

Could care less what people think. You are SPOT ON! Knicks will win the Atlantic.

Cal827
09-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Raptors fan pick the Raptors
Knicks fans pick the Knicks
Nets fans pick the Nets

but in reality the Sixers and Celtics will battle it out for the Atlantic title.

/ thread

Even though I'm a Raptors fan.... I kinda wanna see this to see how this forum pretty much implodes :laugh2:

dalton749
09-04-2014, 06:21 PM
the raptors have a huge advantage over knicks and nets in terms or youth, health, and continuity

-for the length of a lockout season the raptors were 42-21 last year, the best in the east, 5th in the league
they were better than their record indicated
-they had great health last year which means guys are spending the offseason getting better, not recovering from surgeries
- a top 10 offense and defense last year with 2 sophmores in the starting lineup, who are lottery picks and both have huge potential(youngest playoff team)
- the best 4th quarter team in the league, way ahead of the spurs and miami last year
-they have the best system in place in terms of locker room, expectations from players, and development
- more weapons than any other team in the divison

kyle lowry- near allstar, always an underdog, wants to come out next year and lead this team even further (the money wasnt his top concern)
derozan- one of the hardest workers in the league, breakout year last year, at 25 hes still getting better
ross- already one of the leagues bes 3 point shooters, put the blame on himself for losing the nets series and will come out much better in his 3rd year because of it
amir johnson- most underrated player by fans, great intangibles guy that espn rated 10th best pf next year
valanciuas- spent last year out of shape due to bulking up, athleticism is back, still 22 and a potential allstar c

best bench too
vasquez- one of the best backups in the league, as a starter can lead the league in APG
lou williams- fully recovered from his acl tear in 2013, could return to the jr 6th man type in a contract year
james johnson- great defensive 3 to fill their biggest weakness last year, size on the wing
patterson- stretch 4, 40% 3 point shooter
hansborough- enforcer lol
everyone is in their prime, or not yet reached it which is perfect for regular season ball, the oldest guy being 28
they are on the rise, not decline

hayes, cherry, hamilton, steisma, noiguera, fields, caboclo sitting on the bench doing nothing, with contracts coming off the books to make room for a max deal next offseason

ohreally
09-04-2014, 07:50 PM
I see the Nets being better than last year with Hollins coaching, Lopez back, Plumlee improving, Mirza getting more time, Bogdanovich having a well rounded game and having multiple offensive weapons around him, and Markel Brown having a well rounded game as well.

I don't see why everyone is on about Paul--he has been one of my favorite players for years, but he was really bad for half a year, good for a bit, and just OK the rest of the year. Nets will miss his smarts but they are better going with youth.

Nets should take the division. Raps could, but I don't think so.

Vampirate
09-04-2014, 08:05 PM
I see the Nets being better than last year with Hollins coaching, Lopez back, Plumlee improving, Mirza getting more time, Bogdanovich having a well rounded game and having multiple offensive weapons around him, and Markel Brown having a well rounded game as well.

I don't see why everyone is on about Paul--he has been one of my favorite players for years, but he was really bad for half a year, good for a bit, and just OK the rest of the year. Nets will miss his smarts but they are better going with youth.

Nets should take the division. Raps could, but I don't think so.

ohreally

ohreally
09-04-2014, 08:45 PM
ohreally

Yes, really.

TheNumber37
09-04-2014, 09:27 PM
Lionel Hollins is NOT the coach for Dwill who is too much emotionally unstable. Losing pierce, Livingston, and an older KG, to me, won't help Lopez much. KG can't play PF, and there's no more Reggie Evans to make up for rebounding disparities

JasonJohnHorn
09-04-2014, 10:47 PM
The Nets have another new coach, D-Will likely will play as he did last year or worse, Lopez will likely be injured again... what is to expect form them?

NY is getting a new coach, and new system, and what? Jose is a big upgrade, and Dalebert is underrated, but even is Hardaway improves and Smith plays well, this team isn't so different than it was last year.

76ers are tanking and the Celtics aren't there yet.

I gotta go with the Raptors. If DeRozen develops more, and Lowry plays as well, and Big V develops, there can be a lot of internal improvement from young players, and the coach knows the roster well.

DemarDerozan
09-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Toronto. And it won't even be close.

KnickNyKnick
09-04-2014, 11:38 PM
they should just merge this thread with the "

Can the Knicks turn it around and return to 54 wins like during '12-'13" thread
and rename it, Raptors fans baiting Knicks into a troll war part 2.

I feel sorry for alot of raptors fans who will be let down and disappointed next year. not saying they will miss the playoffs, but they will battle for 7-8th. there was a reason lowry was on the trading block before he excelled and took advantage of a injured eastern confrence,

The raps vs east last year were 32-20, this is not happening, even boston if they have rondo at the start of the season will beat toronto

as bad as you claim some Knicks players flaws are, they are still good enough to better than toronto.

looking at the schedule, toronto will get railed in feb and march, this is where they will fade out of the division winners convo

Knicks will win the division. non homer post. take it as you want.

FlashBolt
09-04-2014, 11:43 PM
Nets for me. With Brook Lopez coming back and Pierce gone, I expect Joe Johnson/Lopez to be All-Stars.

DoMeFavors
09-04-2014, 11:54 PM
I am going to go with the team that spanked the Raptors in the playoffs, the nets. Now that all the raptors are out of their contract years and Nets added a ready now coach like Hollins. I think writing is on the wall. Lou Williams scares nobody.

akesh99
09-05-2014, 12:09 AM
I am going to go with the team that spanked the Raptors in the playoffs, the nets. Now that all the raptors are out of their contract years and Nets added a ready now coach like Hollins. I think writing is on the wall. Lou Williams scares nobody.

Really? A series that came down to 1 basket where a shot was blocked by a guy that doesn't even play for BKN anymore...

DoMeFavors
09-05-2014, 12:20 AM
Just reading this thread, I am shocked at the Knicks fans here.
The KNICKS are REBUILDING, they arent trying to win now. That was explained to Melo this is about next year. They have a rookie head coach and players who likely wont be there by the deadline.

Nets
Raptors
Celtics
76ers
Knicks

is how I see it playing out, Knicks have no depth and a complicated system

FlashBolt
09-05-2014, 12:39 AM
The KNICKS are REBUILDING, they arent trying to win now. That was explained to Melo this is about next year. They have a rookie head coach and players who likely wont be there by the deadline.

Nets
Raptors
Celtics
76ers
Knicks

Are the Nets done rebuilding yet? I mean.. they didn't spend any money or sign anyone to a ludicrous contract.

dalton749
09-05-2014, 12:41 AM
Nets fans have better reason to be optimistic than the Knicks for sure, but both teams will be trying to stay afloat, while the raptors have a ton of room for growth.

I don't expect you guys to understand because American media promote a Canadian team, but if they were somewhere like even Orlando, people would be raving about them being an up and coming power in the east, because they have quietly put themselves in a great position now, and in the future.

Think what you will but to say they will be fighting for a bottom seed is literally the definition of insanity.

IDunknown
09-05-2014, 12:50 AM

Nets
Raptors
Celtics
76ers
Knicks

They're rebuilding and trying to win now. The system isn't all that complicated. The summer league players ran it well in a short amount of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNyKnN9AMIE

You can start watching Melo's interview at about 3:10 to get to the relevant part.
http://www.nba.com/knicks/video/search/?ls=channav&query=carmelo interview

DoMeFavors
09-05-2014, 01:06 AM
Nets fans have better reason to be optimistic than the Knicks for sure, but both teams will be trying to stay afloat, while the raptors have a ton of room for growth.

I don't expect you guys to understand because American media promote a Canadian team, but if they were somewhere like even Orlando, people would be raving about them being an up and coming power in the east, because they have quietly put themselves in a great position now, and in the future.

Think what you will but to say they will be fighting for a bottom seed is literally the definition of insanity.

If Raptors were my favorites to win it all I would say that, has nothing to do with Canada.

Crackadalic
09-05-2014, 01:14 AM

Nets
Raptors
Celtics
76ers
Knicks

Lmfaooo. Every time I come home from work and look at a thread somehow I see your post and makes my fuccin day

The Knicks are not rebuilding. We are in a transition of changing the culture that isn't the bs everyone saw the last 15 years since Dolan wanted to be the puppeteer

As bad as our defense will be your telling me a team of MCW/JC/Moute/Noel/Embid with a bunch a rookies and Rondo/Smart/Green/Bass/Sullinger and there young bench will finish better then

Jose/Pablo/Larkin
JR/Shump/THJR
Melo/Acy/Early
Amare/Bargs
Dal/Jason Smith

Bruh its TOR/BK/NY and none of them are winning 50 games in this division but don't give me that Philly and Boston will finish ahead. Stop it.

TheNumber37
09-05-2014, 01:27 AM

Nets
Raptors
Celtics
76ers
Knicks

The Knicks are not rebuilding, they are just building, they have tore anything down. Dumping Tyson and Fleton hardly constitute a rebuild.
Sixers are Celtics are rebuilding, they wont win 35 games

DoMeFavors
09-05-2014, 01:31 AM
Lmfaooo. Every time I come home from work and look at a thread somehow I see your post and makes my fuccin day

The Knicks are not rebuilding. We are in a transition of changing the culture that isn't the bs everyone saw the last 15 years since Dolan wanted to be the puppeteer

As bad as our defense will be your telling me a team of MCW/JC/Moute/Noel/Embid with a bunch a rookies and Rondo/Smart/Green/Bass/Sullinger and there young bench will finish better then

Jose/Pablo/Larkin
JR/Shump/THJR
Melo/Acy/Early
Amare/Bargs
Dal/Jason Smith

Bruh its TOR/BK/NY and none of them are winning 50 games in this division but don't give me that Philly and Boston will finish ahead. Stop it.

Alright man let me explain this in the nicest way possible, Looking at that roation you have there you rely on 3 people Jose,JR and Melo. If ANY of them go down their replacments are below average players except for Hardaway. Dalembert and Amare make up what I would call the worst starting PF and C in basketball. Those 2 are a huge concern, got to hope you get Marc Gasol next year because that is going to be scary bad this year. There is no defense at all in the starting 5 or team really, and below average passers besides Jose.

Celtics have Rondo,Bradley, Green,Turner,and a good coach. Philly will surprise you I think with their top picks the last few years. Knicks wont be good untill next year and that is if they get a Marc Gasol or someone.

dalton749
09-05-2014, 01:34 AM
The Knicks are not rebuilding, they are just building, they have tore anything down. Dumping Tyson and Fleton hardly constitute a rebuild.
Sixers are Celtics are rebuilding, they wont win 35 games

You understand that team without melo wins 15 games right. There's nothing sustainable there

FriedTofuz
09-05-2014, 02:01 AM
LOL domefavors
The knicks cant be that bad, they willl finish 3rd in the division

Also, wtf do you mean the nets spanked the raptors. you won the series after 7 games by 1 point. 1 freaking point..

FlashBolt
09-05-2014, 03:37 AM
LOL domefavors

Also, wtf do you mean the nets spanked the raptors. you won the series after 7 games by 1 point. 1 freaking point..

1 freaking point is a spanking for the Nets... It's considered a blowout for them.

2-ONE-5
09-05-2014, 08:48 AM

Nets
Raptors
Celtics
76ers
Knicks

my lord you are the worst troll in this entire forum. someone perman ban him please

Rockice_8
09-05-2014, 12:54 PM
LOL domefavors

Not for nothing but that proves exactly how evenly matched they are overall. The Nets just got the best player on either team back (Lopez). He negates the major advantage TOR had over BK last year size. Plus Plumlee is much improved from his rookie season.

The loss of PP is greatly exaggerated, I'd much rather have a more traditional PF (Mirza, Plumlee, AK) playing that spot next to Lopez and have the ball in D-Will/JJ's hands more. Pierce was solid scoring because he could beat slower PF's and shot over top of them but he sucked on defense at the 4 and was too slow to cover SF's. He won't be missed as much as people want to claim. In fact WAS downgraded with PP from Ariza, they should have kept him. Much rather have the pure shooters like Bogdanovic and Mirza taking those open shots this year.

Nets have a very solid bench as well like TOR. As long as the injury bug doesn't hit all at once for BK they'll be fine but then again anyone can get hurt at anytime. This division will come down to a few games but I think TOR edges it out.

Seizabmc
09-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Well I don't know will win the division, but I do know that the knicks will finish last.

I mean come on,
Melo sucks and is over hyped

Phil Jackson knows nothing about winning

Derrick fisher does not know how to communicate .

There's no way that they can perform better than last season after getting rid of the dominate healthy Tyson chandler

I can't beleive they traded Raymond Felton for Jose c
Jose can't possibly do any better than Raymond .

Shump will give the same effort for fisher as he did with woody, which means he suck again.

There's no way Tim hardaway can improve from last season.
It's not like he's a good scorer or anything.

And jr smith oh god jr,
If there's anybody who can get jr focused and perform at the leval that he is capable of playing at, then I don't think Phil Jackson can help him in that area.
Because Phil's not good at handling crazy people.

And there's no way that they upgraded there bigs, last season they had a injured Tyson, an injured amare , and injured bargs,
An injured k mart, melo at the four.
And this season they have dally, a healthy amare, a healthy bargs, Jason smith, acy, cole Aldrich .

There's no way that these bigs will help any more.

And if these delusional knick fans beleive that there chemistry will get any better by getting rid of mike Woodson and replacing him with Derrick fisher ( Phil Jackson)
Then they must be crazy!!!!!

It's not like the main issue last season was there chemistry and coach.

There is other problems that they did not address, like there pg,
Or melo becoming a fa.
Or all the trade rumors.
The lack of motavation.
And unstable front office.

I just can't see the New York knicks being able to reclaim the Atlantic division.

Not with the oh so great Toronto raptors in there way!!!

Oh let me tell you, Kyle lowery is the best pg in the league, he's proven it by winning so many rings, oh and derozon , there's no stoping him, Val, he's a beast!

That's why I wasn't surprised when th raptors beat the best team in the league last year in the playoffs against the almighty nets.

Thats because the rapts are the best and are going to definitely win the Atlantic division by far.
There's no compition .

Cal827
09-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Edit: I fully understood the above post, and there's 100% no need for the poster to reiterate their position on such subject, under any current or future conditions.

deaner
09-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Lolwut?

Please don't make him write again and go through the whole process of finding spellcheck.that was painful.

FriedTofuz
09-05-2014, 07:41 PM
He was being sarcasti and attempted to be funny, except it wasnt funny. good effort tho.

Cal827
09-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Yeah, mistake on my part... my bad guys lol

IDunknown
09-05-2014, 08:45 PM
He was being sarcasti and attempted to be funny, except it wasnt funny. good effort tho.
You know you agreed with every word though.

Seizabmc
09-05-2014, 08:46 PM
I find it funny how every time I check up on the nba forum I always end up running into afraid tofu and he is constantly talking about the knicks as if he once dated them and they broke up with his washed up ***!

Let it be yo
Talk about your own damn team.

It's gonna be halarious when the season plays itself out and the raptors aren't going to be as good as you think they will.

And when the knicks do win the Atlantic division, I can't wait to bring up all the old post from this hating *** mofo tofu or whatever this corn balls name is!

The only reason I think he talks about us so much is because he's scared of the knicks and he feels threatend.

The raptors got extremely lucky last season.
There is no way in the world that they can pull it off once again.

That's all I have too say.
I'm not getting into a back in forth argument with someone who has so much hatred for the knicks.

Because I actually like the raptors and I think Kyle is a very nice pg for the team and the rapts got a handfullog of guards that I enjoy watching play.

I wished the rapts beat bk last season in play offs .

But at the same time, I'm a realist and I understand that the knicks major weekness last season was there coach/system/ direction/ and focus.

They fixed those problems!

Yes they still have holes to fill,
But so do the raptors.

The question was who will win the Atlantic?

Melo is hands down the best player in the Atlantic division.

Phil Jackson is hands down the best coach in the Atlantic division.

And even though his title is not head coach,
You have to be real stupid if you think that Phil Jackson won't have full control of how this team plays.

I guess we are just going to have to let the season play it self out to find out who will be crowned champs.

My prediction

1-knicks
2-raptors
3-nets
4-celtics
5-76'ers

With bk and Boston fighting for 3and 4.

After what happened to the knicks last season, there is no chance in hell that melo and the team will allow anything close to that happening again.

GiantsSwaGG
09-05-2014, 08:46 PM

:laugh:

IDunknown
09-05-2014, 09:04 PM
I think it's disrespectful to Fisher to say that Jackson is the coach. Fisher is the coach not Phil. Getting advice from Phil doesn't mean he's not the coach.

saints.raptors
09-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Raptor fan here. I hope the Raps win the division, but I fear they may have overachieved last year, and if Lopez is healthy, the Nets will be much better, and should take the division crown. Let's hope I'm wrong.

IDunknown
09-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Raptor fan here. I hope the Raps win the division, but I fear they may have overachieved last year, and if Lopez is healthy, the Nets will be much better, and should take the division crown. Let's hope I'm wrong.

I think this post actually didn't break site rule 15...wow.

todu82
09-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Toronto.

Crackadalic
09-06-2014, 01:40 AM

Lmfaoooo

Punk
09-06-2014, 07:28 AM
It depends on who stays healthy. If Toronto does, they should win it. If the Nets core stay healthy, they can certainly win it.

The Nets/Raps were neck and neck with each other for the Atlantic Divison despite losing Lopez for the season and KG for months.

2-ONE-5
09-06-2014, 08:51 AM
the Nets were at their best without Lopez last year so im not sure having him healthy is a good enough reason to pick them to win

Legitimate
09-07-2014, 06:15 AM
It depends on who stays healthy. If Toronto does, they should win it. If the Nets core stay healthy, they can certainly win it.

The Nets/Raps were neck and neck with each other for the Atlantic Divison despite losing Lopez for the season and KG for months.

you trolling bro? KG sucks man :confused:

Legitimate
09-07-2014, 06:20 AM
If we base it off last year with facts and stats, no way the raptors lose the division. Its just nothing but question marks and "what ifs" for nyc and the nets to win the division, but with raptors you know what your gonna get and what the team is going to do. Its just too much question marks and really basing it off of nothing for other teams to win the divisio besides the raptors.. Raps gonna win the division...easy money.

EDIT: brook lopez ruined the nets chemistry and there better without him, so no way nets be better off this coming season and on top of that, he probably just get injured and barely even play again, haha.

Punk
09-07-2014, 07:12 AM
you trolling bro? KG sucks man :confused:
KG led the league in DRPM. So, he still is a very good defender. So, he doesn't 'suck', bro. The reality is the Nets with injuries were very close to winning the divison compared to a healthy Raptors team. That's the point.

the Nets were at their best without Lopez last year so im not sure having him healthy is a good enough reason to pick them to win
How were they better off without him when they won 49 games the season before WITH him?

DR_1
09-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Raptors will repeat

2-ONE-5
09-08-2014, 03:56 PM
KG led the league in DRPM. So, he still is a very good defender. So, he doesn't 'suck', bro. The reality is the Nets with injuries were very close to winning the divison compared to a healthy Raptors team. That's the point.

How were they better off without him when they won 49 games the season before WITH him?

well they struggled with him in 2013 (the year we are talking about) and played much better after he went down. that simple really.

Crackadalic
09-09-2014, 01:10 AM

The problem is KG plays his best when he plays the center position.

At center he shoots over 50%. At the 4 he shot 37% last season. Unless he comes off the bench then he can't play next to Lopez. You saw what happen at the beginning of the season when that happen.

I still think the talent level between the Raps/Nets/Knicks are near the same. Who ever is healthy wins it so all the bickering is irrelevant

SPURSFAN1
09-09-2014, 02:07 AM
KG sucks doe.

dalton749
09-09-2014, 02:42 AM
KG sucks doe.
The only thing he was good for in the playoffs was getting ******** calls to go against Valanciunas lol