PDA

View Full Version : Wizards contact Ray Allen

j-bay
09-02-2014, 09:32 PM
This is crazy. You got to wonder if Paul is OK with this. He would be a good mentor for Beal. Who better to mentor the guy who is getting Ray Allen comparisons then the man himself.

bucketss
09-02-2014, 09:47 PM
beal is more eric gordan than allen.

beasted86
09-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Who cares what either of them think of eachother? They are on their last legs ring chasing for one more.

But where are the minutes?

PG: Wall: 36+ / Miller: leftovers
SG: Beal 36+ / Webster
SF: Pierce 20-25 / Webster / Porter: leftovers

Webster is a very solid defender, and can shoot also. Porter was drafted too high and played too well during summer league to just bury on the bench again.

I don't see where the minutes are for him on any contender at this point. I understand he's ring chasing, but I don't know why he would sign in August on a team just to ride the bench and be away from his family. I expect a PJ Brown/Sam Cassell type move from Allen at this point if he's going to play. He'll latch on in late January or February.

j-bay
09-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Who cares what either of them think of eachother? They are on their last legs ring chasing for one more.

But where are the minutes?

PG: Wall: 36+ / Miller: leftovers
SG: Beal 36+ / Webster
SF: Pierce 20-25 / Webster / Porter: leftovers

Webster is a very solid defender, and can shoot also. Porter was drafted too high and played too well during summer league to just bury on the bench again.

I don't see where the minutes are for him on any contender at this point. I understand he's ring chasing, but I don't know why he would sign in August on a team just to ride the bench and be away from his family. I expect a PJ Brown/Sam Cassell type move from Allen at this point if he's going to play. He'll latch on in late January or February.

Problem is Webster is out for 5 months. Guy next on the chart would be Glen Rice Jr

Cal827
09-02-2014, 10:27 PM
I've contacted him too. His response, was who the **** was I and how did I get his number?

FriedTofuz
09-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Link?

j-bay
09-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Link?
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/wizards-interested-in-signing-ray-allen-319995.html

beasted86
09-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Problem is Webster is out for 5 months. Guy next on the chart would be Glen Rice Jr

Rice was also stellar in summer league (albeit summer league). He along with Miller will play some SG.

j-bay
09-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Rice was also stellar in summer league (albeit summer league). He along with Miller will play some SG.

Still the kid has a lot to learn. I think Allen could help him.

Arch Stanton
09-02-2014, 11:24 PM
I don't see Allen going to DC. I don't see the Wiz as legit contenders and only see Allen playing for Cavs, Clips, OKC, Bulls, or Spurs.

j-bay
09-02-2014, 11:37 PM
I don't see Allen going to DC. I don't see the Wiz as legit contenders and only see Allen playing for Cavs, Clips, OKC, Bulls, or Spurs.

People would have thought the same thing about Pierce.

Arch Stanton
09-02-2014, 11:48 PM
People would have thought the same thing about Pierce.

Pierce is younger than Allen and is getting paid more than the Vet min.

j-bay
09-04-2014, 03:28 PM
By the way how much money does the Spurs have? Because if I read correctly the Cavs can only offer vet min, and Ray doesn't want that. If that is true about the Spurs, then the Wizards could use the other half of Ariza's TPE(4 mil) to get him.

Arch Stanton
09-04-2014, 03:38 PM
By the way how much money does the Spurs have? Because if I read correctly the Cavs can only offer vet min, and Ray doesn't want that. If that is true about the Spurs, then the Wizards could use the other half of Ariza's TPE(4 mil) to get him.

From what I heard the Wiz would only offer him the vet min. IMO the Wiz are not winning a title this year so I doubt Allen wants to play for them.

kobe4thewinbang
09-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Ray Allen likely does not want to play with the Wizards. They are definitely on the rise, but recent articles presume Allen wants to play for a contender. Also, there is more money to be had with the Spurs:

http://fansided.com/2014/09/03/san-antonio-spurs-can-offer-ray-allen-teams-cant/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Trending%20on%20FS#!bPMK3U

j-bay
09-04-2014, 03:52 PM
From what I heard the Wiz would only offer him the vet min. IMO the Wiz are not winning a title this year so I doubt Allen wants to play for them.

They could offer him 4 mil. People might be forgetting that. But from what I here Ray along wants to get paid. He isn't going to take vet min. Yeah we may not be better than Cleveland or SA, but we could offer him more money and a better role. Also I would hate to see Ray look like another Robert Horry.

j-bay
09-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Ray Allen likely does not want to play with the Wizards. They are definitely on the rise, but recent articles presume Allen wants to play for a contender. Also, there is more money to be had with the Spurs:

http://fansided.com/2014/09/03/san-antonio-spurs-can-offer-ray-allen-teams-cant/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Trending%20on%20FS#!bPMK3U

Thanks. We'll i'm guessing he goes to the Spurs. But until u see the headline i'm still holding out a little hope.

Arch Stanton
09-04-2014, 03:54 PM
They could offer him 4 mil. People might be forgetting that. But from what I here Ray along wants to get paid. He isn't going to take vet min. Yeah we may not be better than Cleveland or SA, but we could offer him more money and a better role. Also I would hate to see Ray look like another Robert Horry.

I still don't think 4 million is enough to get him. He's made a lot of money over his career and 2.6 million more doesn't seem like enough to play for a non-contender. I was pretty confident that he was going to play for the Cavs but I think it's pretty wide open between 4-5 teams right now, and I don't see the Wiz as one of them. If they were to pay him maybe 10 million then maybe. But why would they do that?

kobe4thewinbang
09-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Thanks. We'll i'm guessing he goes to the Spurs. But until u see the headline i'm still holding out a little hope.I hope he does because then I can play with him as the Spurs on the video game. Rumor has it Patty Mills will be sidelined for a while next season and when Green is going cold, maybe Ray-Ray can come pick up the slack off the bench. Nobody can say the Spurs aren't a Class A organization, so Allen will only elevate them in crunch time, assuming he shoots better than he did in the Finals and brings some of that quickness and those dunks. Plus, Parker loves dishing out to corner 3's which is Allen's sweet spot (don't remind Spurs fans, lol). I guess it depends on whether or not he wants the money badly enough to go play for the enemy (again, i.e. Boston to Miami, now Miami to San Antonio).

FlashBolt
09-04-2014, 11:00 PM
Allen should retire. He deserves it and he should go spend time with his family. With that being said, OKC always has a spot for the greatest shooter in NBA.